Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

My Toks VW Mk3 Fan Not Rolling. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toks VW Mk3 Fan Not Rolling. (832 Views)

Radiator Fan Not Working / Radiator Fan Not Rolling At The Start Of The Engine. / Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Toks VW Mk3 Fan Not Rolling. by redcliff: 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
I Just got a vw mk3 synchro 1997 version and when I put it on, I noticed the fan wasn't rolling so I left it for a while for the car just to warm alittle. Then when it seemed the engine was getting hot, it started rolling and stopped again. It kept acting that way continuosly. So when I tried to fix the back electric windows today, the rewirer also noticed it and sed I needed to change a sort of thermostat or so (I did not really get what he sed) so that when the car start, the fan start rolling immediately. . He sed its normal with golf3's that are being brought into the country. That if I don't change it, the vehicle might be overheating. I just ignored him and told him I would verify before I make changes. I need advice on that cos all these roadside guys could be really funny and I don't want to fall their victim.

On an aside, after fixing my back electric windows, the items he dismantled by the back door handle could not lap and he has already started using super glue to gum them together. I just shouted at 2 of them and told them that its their job and they should do things professionally and I was talking to somebody and they started with the super glue again.

In my mind I'm like 'the suffering of having a car has started coupled with dealing with people who are working on my car'. Lol.

Its a good thing to always be around them watching their every move if you can cos those guys are so careless when handling clients automobiles.
Re: My Toks VW Mk3 Fan Not Rolling. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 06, 2012
Your fan was working fine (I say "was" because you may have allowed your "rewire" to screw things up). It's supposed to come on when the temperature reaches 86 degrees. It will switch off once the temperature drops. So the cycling is perfectly normal.
Re: My Toks VW Mk3 Fan Not Rolling. by redcliff: 6:48pm On Oct 06, 2012
Thanks siena. He dint touch it.
Re: My Toks VW Mk3 Fan Not Rolling. by tampa1871: 6:43pm On Oct 07, 2012
I will advise you never to take your car to a roadside mechanic, you will end up paying more in the long run. If they are glueing it right in front of you, imagine what could happen if you are not there.
Re: My Toks VW Mk3 Fan Not Rolling. by Nobody: 5:18am On Oct 08, 2012
Based on what you posted, even though you never mentioned the temperature displayed when the fan cycles, I would say that your car is running fine.

The problem with "rewiring" the fan to turn on permanently will not only reduce the life of the fan but also degrade your MPG. The internal combustion engine needs a certain optimum temperature to work efficiently.
Re: My Toks VW Mk3 Fan Not Rolling. by redcliff: 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
tampa1871: I will advise you never to take your car to a roadside mechanic, you will end up paying more in the long run. If they are glueing it right in front of you, imagine what could happen if you are not there.

Men those guys could give a brother heart ache. Its always adviceable to watch their every moves so they don't mess things up for you. I'm telling you.
Re: My Toks VW Mk3 Fan Not Rolling. by redcliff: 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2012
Somorin#1:
Based on what you posted, even though you never mentioned the temperature displayed when the fan cycles, I would say that your car is running fine.

The problem with "rewiring" the fan to turn on permanently will not only reduce the life of the fan but also degrade your MPG. The internal combustion engine needs a certain optimum temperature to work efficiently.

It was a goof thing I thought not to let him go ahead with that..I thought 'the boss siena is here who can vocally help me, why do I need to listen to this piece of crap' and I changed my mind.

I'm totally glad I did
Re: My Toks VW Mk3 Fan Not Rolling. by redcliff: 11:44pm On Oct 09, 2012
tampa1871: I will advise you never to take your car to a roadside mechanic, you will end up paying more in the long run. If they are glueing it right in front of you, imagine what could happen if you are not there.

What mechanic do you suggest? All mechanics in nigeria are roadside...

(1) (Reply)

Golf 3 Issue / Car Jerks Nd Dies When Put To Drive / Infiniti To Become The Electrified Brand For Nissan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.