Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Role Swapping: Would You Consider Exchanging Roles With Your Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Role Swapping: Would You Consider Exchanging Roles With Your Spouse? (4783 Views)

Poll: Would you swap roles with your spouse?

YES: 0% (0 votes)
NO: 100% (2 votes)
NOT DECIDED: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? / Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Role Swapping: Would You Consider Exchanging Roles With Your Spouse? by Daman1(m): 8:08pm On Jan 18, 2008
I just heard  the story of a  man who was so interested in 'feminine ' chores that he requested to change roles with his wife for just one month and then revert to their respective customary roles.
Would you like to behave likewise?
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Role Swapping: Would You Consider Exchanging Roles With Your Spouse? by Daman1(m): 8:35am On Jan 19, 2008
Here is the story,

There was this man who was of the opinion that his wife being a full time house wife was idle and one day asked his wife to take over going to the office for a one month trial period while he take charge of domestic shores at home!. The wife too who has been ancious to have a leave gladly ceded to her hubby's request.
Duties begin at their respective new duty post on the first date of the month agreed upon. Madam wake up at 6:00am onthe said date, headed straight for the bathroom, freshen up and get dressed and by 6:30, he came to the dining table expecting to have a cup of hot and steaming tea before leaving for the office.
the man in his new role woke up at 4:30am on the said day, set the breakfast on the cooker on one side and started cooking the meal which the children will take to the school on the side, picked up the broom to sweep the whole house and surroundings, tidy up the beds and pack up the used clothes for laundry. He there after woke the children, take care of and prepared them for school, pack their lunch box, go through their school bag to see that things are intact, by this time, time has already come down to 7:30am. He immediately set out to drop the children at school.
On her (sorry, his) way back from the school, he stooped at the neighborhood mart to buy fresh vegetable and condiments for the lunch, branched at the dry cleaner's place to pick up the husband's i mean wife's cloth.
Back home, he started watching the clothes that are not meant for the paid laundrer, after which he went back to the kitchen to prepare the lunch

continue in the next post pls.
Re: Role Swapping: Would You Consider Exchanging Roles With Your Spouse? by Daman1(m): 10:45am On Jan 19, 2008
sorry for the break.

Yah, he is now preparing lunch for the children and dont forget that he is yet to have his bath. He immediately after took his bath and then set out to get some things for the house, like toilet soap, detergent, provision items, yam flour to be picked at the grinder's place, meat from the abbatoir and other groceries.
Being time for school closing, she, oh sorry, he branched on his way back home to pick the chidren and on getting home, he served the kids' lunch, make sure they eat well, supervised them as they go through their home work/assignment and then saw them to the room for their siesta. afterwards, he packed the table, took the kids' school lunch kit and washed them, then washed the children's school uniform and socks. this he did until the time come close to 4:00pm. It's now time to start preparing supper and having made up his mind to carry out his duties diligently, made straight for the kitchen to make ready her wife's best meal of pounded yam with egunsi soup.
At around 6:00pm, madam came back from office and he was at the door to welcome her back home, collect her bag, help hanged her suit and skirt in the wardrobe, put the shoes in their proper place and then dashed to the kitchen to serve his wife's dinner. By this time, the kids have already wake up and he thus has to serve dinner for everyone as well as himsef to make the time a lively one.
With supper done with, madam made straight for the sitting room, put on the TV and started to enjoy her favorite TV programme with the chidren while he is busy packing the table and tidying up the place after supper. There are also some dishes to wash.

After a few days of going through this hilarious schedule day in day out, he became fed up and tired and asked his wife that they revert to what it used to be, can you guess the response?

The wife said sorry but you just got pregnant the last night!!

Meaning that he has to remain the woman of the house at least till she oh, i mean he delivers the baby up till the time the baby is weaned since the man totally become a woman to be able to assume the roles of a wife and vice versa.

cool cool cool
Re: Role Swapping: Would You Consider Exchanging Roles With Your Spouse? by ifyalways(f): 10:53am On Jan 19, 2008
wud be better appreciated in the jokes section !
nice joke man,nice one. cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: Role Swapping: Would You Consider Exchanging Roles With Your Spouse? by uspry1(f): 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2008
I have heard this joke before many times.

My wishful thinking to have role swapping to be considered exchanging roles with my spouse at below. BTW, I do not have a husband myself. And spouse will have no problem swapping my roles easily bec of my children are already near grown adult---light housechores responsibility!!!

I would love exchanging roles with my spouse who is one of those occupations: auto mechanic, stockbroker, woodwork crafter, computer repairer/upgrader, website developer/administrator, real estate flip-flop/renovator, or real estate broker that i am strongly familiar with those procedures, operations and jargons unless my spouse is CEO allowing me come visiting his employment very often to observe what he is doing while a once. He knows that I am fast learner! Prefer family business!!!

In case of something happen to my spouse in illness, accident, or family emergency, he would allow me taking over his place temporarily until he fully recovers or returns.

Yuck working on auto mechanic job, because of grease everywhere into my hands---ewwwwwkkk, but i easily read the auto manual handbook following the step by step working on engine something minor simple stuff (changing oil, brake fuild, wipershield fluid, and replace air filter, spark plug, or headlight or dashboard bulb/fuse---lol!!). For complex mechanic stuff, I let coworkers do the job, not me.
Re: Role Swapping: Would You Consider Exchanging Roles With Your Spouse? by Daman1(m): 9:03pm On Jan 19, 2008
@ifyalways:
Thanks a bunch, but you have not give your side of the question, i will quite appreciate it .

@uspry1;
I said it that i heard the story too.
Quite smart of you considering those list of yours. What if he is a palm wine tapper, would you still exchange with him?
Re: Role Swapping: Would You Consider Exchanging Roles With Your Spouse? by uspry1(f): 9:48pm On Jan 19, 2008
In the USA has plenty of wine makers everywhere, i rather not for my spouse as palm wine tapper in Nigeria without electricity solution that is need for purified wine manufacturer.

Maybe I would stick with OLD FASHIONED palm wine tapper if spouse do not mind teaching me the ropes. grin
Re: Role Swapping: Would You Consider Exchanging Roles With Your Spouse? by Daman1(m): 10:08pm On Jan 19, 2008
uspry1:

In the USA has plenty of wine makers everywhere, i rather not for my spouse as palm wine tapper in Nigeria without electricity solution that is need for purified wine manufacturer.

Maybe I would stick with OLD FASHIONED palm wine tapper if spouse do not mind teaching me the ropes. grin

You must be a great lady, bro!, sorry, sister
Re: Role Swapping: Would You Consider Exchanging Roles With Your Spouse? by Daman1(m): 12:00pm On Jan 31, 2008
[img]http://[/img][img][/img]
Re: Role Swapping: Would You Consider Exchanging Roles With Your Spouse? by Daman1(m): 9:03am On Mar 05, 2008
;d

(1) (Reply)

Stop That Strange Woman Before She Stops Your Marriage / You Must Tell Me Everything That's Going On In Your Marriage: Mother-in-law / Please,help My Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.