Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain (6978 Views)

The Top Selling Smartphone Of All Time Will Surprise You / The Most Underrated Smartphone Of 2015, It's Not Tecno / Infinix Zero Vs Gionee M2 Vs Innjoo I2s - Vote Affordable Smartphone Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by aare07(m): 9:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
Smartphone of the future will be in your brain
By Stewart Scott-Curran and Tim Lampe, Special to CNN
updated 11:40 AM EDT, Sat October 6, 2012

(CNN) -- In the past 10 years we've seen cell phones transform into electronic Swiss army knives with a wild variety of functions and features. They are replacing the watch, the camera, the standalone GPS, the alarm clock, and many other tools.

But what will the smartphones of the future look like?

Here's what we envision ...

In five years, the Patent Wars are over and Apple emerges victorious. The company has trademarks of many design features, including many types of curves. As a result, competing smartphone manufacturers resort to triangular or angular forms.

In 5 years: After the Patent Wars in which Apple emerged victorious, rivals embrace triangular forms.

Fast forward 15 years. With Google's pioneering work, smartphones evolve into wearable devices with augmented reality. These smartglasses provide a constant stream of content and advertisement directly into the user's field of vision.

In 15 years: Smartphones evolve into Smartglasses, which provide a constant stream of content and advertisement directly into the user's field of vision.

After the fad of wearable phone glasses, companies go mad with miniaturization in 25 years. Technology allows for extreme miniaturization and phones become single use, disposable devices.

In 25 years: Extreme miniaturization turns phones into single use, disposable devices.

50 years later, wearable phones make a comeback in the form of wristbands. The wristphone, as it is commonly known, is customized to fit each user's arm perfectly. It includes state-of-the-art voice-command features as well as holographic component that let you chat with your friends as though they are right next to you.

In 50 years: Wearable phones are trendy again, with the "wristwatch" style becoming all the rage. It includes voice activation and holograms.

Technology takes a huge leap in 75 years. Microchip can be installed directly in the user's brain. Apple, along with a handful of companies, makes these chips. Thoughts connect instantly when people dial to "call" each other. But there's one downside: "Advertisements" can occasionally control the user's behavior because of an impossible-to-resolve glitch. If a user encounters this glitch -- a 1 in a billion probability -- every piece of data that his brain delivers is uploaded to companies' servers so that they may "serve customers better."

In 75 years: The phone is a microchip in the brain. Thoughts connect instantly when on dial.

In the year 2112, civilization crumbles because of climate change and dramatic loss of natural resources. Communication comes full circle as dialogue between humans revert to individuals throwing rocks at each other. But rest assured -- people still laugh out loud

In 100 years: Civilization has crumbled. Communication come full circle as dialogue between humans revert to individuals throwing rocks at each other.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/05/opinion/curran-lampe-mobile-phones/index.html

2 Likes

Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by aare07(m): 9:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
[i][/i]it means that what the Holy Book has Said what to manifest from phone Phase........
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by nikkyshyne(f): 9:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
This is how the mark of the beast thingy starts undecided

2 Likes

Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by nikkyshyne(f): 9:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
Even ATM pins wld follow suit.

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by semid4lyfe(m): 10:47pm On Oct 06, 2012
Me thinks I prefer the smartphones the stage they're at now

Thankfully, I won't live to see it all these. . .if it's indeed true and gonna happen cool

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by Bawss1(m): 9:36am On Oct 07, 2012
Sci-fi that will never come true.

Imagine also the resulting health consequences from this type of embeds; cancers, tumours new diseases even.
All because we humans refuse to respect the boundaries that exist in all of creation in the name of technological progress.

5 Likes

Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by methodman(m): 9:57am On Oct 07, 2012
semid4lyfe: Me thinks I prefer the smartphones the stage they're at now

Thankfully, I won't live to see it all these. . .if it's indeed true and gonna happen cool
Are u already going gradually? undecided
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by methodman(m): 9:58am On Oct 07, 2012

...Are you already dat old? undecided
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 07, 2012
SATAN IS A LIAR! ...LOL
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 07, 2012
Too Much Information, I'd rather not bother my head with these "future" stuff.
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by CLIQBOY(m): 10:06am On Oct 07, 2012
nikkyshyne: This is how the mark of the beast thingy starts undecided
idiat..you want to remain stagnant in ya life abi..beast ko buffalo ni
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by SlyIg(f): 10:08am On Oct 07, 2012
In whose head! Poor network,please get me out of this page pls...
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 07, 2012
^^^^ HA HA HA HA A 666 ko 777 ni
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by Emmy9ite(m): 10:17am On Oct 07, 2012
Interesting! I just pray Nigeria gets developed by that time. Very scary to me!
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by na2day(m): 10:20am On Oct 07, 2012
I was enjoying the article until i got to where Apple won the Patent war! shocked
Na beans?
That must have happened in the writer's nightmares! grin
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by semid4lyfe(m): 10:21am On Oct 07, 2012
methodman: ...Are you already dat old? undecided

^^^ Simple Arithmetic my friend

Meanwhile, wetin be your CGPA for school or your graduating CGPA if you're indeed a graduate?

Is it enough to flash glo to glo? tongue
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by trigar12(m): 10:24am On Oct 07, 2012
Tufiakpa.....Is this what they call civilization, rays emitted from phones can lead to skin diseases talkless of putting it in the brain. I THINK THEY ARE GOING TO OPEN THE BRAIN AND PUT IT THERE O. STU.PIDITY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by princemedico: 10:26am On Oct 07, 2012
Wild imaginations. Most of those will not come true.
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by Esinwaju: 10:26am On Oct 07, 2012
na2day!:
I was enjoying the article until i got to where Apple won the Patent war! shocked
Na beans?
That must have happened in the writer's nightmares! grin
finally a smart person arrives at the scene of idiocy. I was also going to believe the joke of an article until I read the concluding paragraph.
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 07, 2012

What if the xtain rapture takes place, and you are no longer able to die ; except you rapture yourself. We are all thinking lol
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by solid3(m): 10:31am On Oct 07, 2012
As for me and my household, we shall refuse to buy and use such device with our money, even if they decide to give it free of charge, we shall reject it.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 07, 2012
ends shall never wonder
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by 190: 10:43am On Oct 07, 2012
They should count me out of wateva they are doin

i prefer my nokia 3310 undecided
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by Walexz02(m): 10:45am On Oct 07, 2012
Lie lie....
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by hustla(m): 10:59am On Oct 07, 2012
190: They should count me out of wateva they are doin

i prefer my nokia 3310 undecided

I like u.. You sabi Mumu well well
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by Clemzy16(m): 11:46am On Oct 07, 2012
In this world that we are.. Anything is possible!
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by kunletade(m): 11:58am On Oct 07, 2012
Maybe by then their life expectancy will be around 20 to 25.
SMH
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by iloike(m): 12:10pm On Oct 07, 2012
Brainrex: ends shall never wonder
I belive you jo!
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by free2ryhme: 12:15pm On Oct 07, 2012
this can only point to one direction ... Illuminati!!!
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by braine(m): 12:17pm On Oct 07, 2012
What came to my mind after reading this is: how will the generation of that time write exams when everyone has a smartphone in their head? Huh?

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by braine(m): 12:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
free2ryhme: this can only point to one direction ... Illuminati!!!

So every form of development is from illuminati?
Re: Smartphone Of The Future Will Be In Your Brain by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 07, 2012
These technologies like wristband phone is already here. What are they talking about. I have a wristband telephone. I have also seen, a miniature phone that is as tiny as a car keyholder.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should You Buy Xiaomi Phones...? / No Crack Or Brake Of Phone Screen Again!!! , Until You Got Tired Of It / Pls Is It Possible For Someone Else To Have Access My Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.