Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks (40446 Views)

Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone / Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) / Photo: One Of The UNIPORT Students Killed For Stealing Phone And Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Ebonykayomoba: 10:05am On Oct 07, 2012
redsun: Is the university still open?In a normal world the university should have been closed by now until the crimes are solved.That is not a university for rational learning,it is a citadel of savages.And that is a reflection of nigeria as a country.
What has closing †ђξ schl got †̥O̅ d̶̲̥̅̊o with anything... They were not lynched in d schl.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 07, 2012
His Father must be really sad - to imagine such fate, all because of a Handset prolly less than a Hundred Thousand.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 07, 2012
NO COMMENT

1 Like

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by lafuria1(m): 10:10am On Oct 07, 2012
engineerd: YOUR SON WAS A THIEF! DEAL WITH IT! Igbo KWENU!!!!!
how u take know, una be friends before? just asking since u say u sabi the boy...... for u too say the boy na thief u sabi am well well b dat...
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by informatix: 10:11am On Oct 07, 2012
DELTA BOY: His friends should attack that community and destroy it, I know that boy cannot steal handset

Hi. James Bond Agent 007 Licensed to kill. I know they(victims) are ur. Friends pls. Dont Attack the community Now pls. Allow them for now. Allow Attack to coincide with Lauching of your New Film SKYFALL.lol.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by utimayor(m): 10:11am On Oct 07, 2012
ok now i want you all to leave God out of this, spare me the 'God knows the best' thing, let the people that did this be fished out and charged for murder... We cant just let this pass and we hope on God to know the best. Those that took pics should submit it to the police for facial identification of the people that participated in the killing, that way before anybody tries to join a mob, they will think twice.

2 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Donlouise(m): 10:12am On Oct 07, 2012
Useless village people !! angry angry cry

1 Like

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 07, 2012
Am absolutely speechless! embarassed
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by omodapson(m): 10:14am On Oct 07, 2012
The murderers are as bad, even worse than the people they killed. They are blood thirsty animals that deserve same fate. Vampires! May their generations know no peace forever.

2 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 07, 2012
la furia:
how u take know, una be friends before? just asking since u say u sabi the boy...... for u too say the boy na thief u sabi am well well b dat...

I AM SO SORRY, I RETRACT MY STATEMENT AFTER I SAW THE VIDEO! OMG, JUNGLE JUSTICE, IF ALL THOSE BOYS DID WAS STEAL WITHOUT TAKING ANYONE'S LIFE, THEN THEY DID NOT DESERVE THAT KIND OF FATE. GOD FORGIVE US ALL.....I GUESS THAT WAS JUNGLE JUSTICE OR INJUSTICE!!!
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 07, 2012
Omen100: Some few years back, a childhood friend of my was murdered under this same circumstances. What happened then was that he was a member of a rival cult in the community the institution was located in the delta state and the community leaders who are the members of main cult group in the town adopted a method of eliminating their rivals, so they tagged them as armed robbers, whereby they started going from hostel to hostels to hijacking their opponents herd them for days, extracting informations from them and after which they will murder them & claimed that they are armed robbers, please also note that, I am not trying to vindicate them from their misdeeds, but then, if the authorities should investment this killings then they will uncover the hands of real perpetrators which will go a long to avoid future extra judicious killing.

Someone here is reasoning....Still a probability duh
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by segzicres(m): 10:20am On Oct 07, 2012
Very gory shii. The people were even happy. Lawd!

1 Like

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by adicious(m): 10:20am On Oct 07, 2012
i can't watch that video... just reading the news makes me cry. whether thief or no thief, that kinda death is not fair for young men with a promising future. this is really sad.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 07, 2012
THIS IS SO SAD. IT SHOWS HOW CRUEL SOME HUMANS ARE. LIFE REALLY SUCKS, BUT OUR ACTIONS OR INACTION HAVE MADE IT THAT WAY.
MY GOD, I WON'T EVEN WISH MY ENEMY THAT SORT OF DEATH.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 07, 2012
redsun: Is the university still open?In a normal world the university should have been closed by now until the crimes are solved.That is not a university for rational learning,it is a citadel of savages.And that is a reflection of nigeria as a country.

Dumb Comment
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 07, 2012
THANK GOD, I DON'T HAVE ANY CONNECTION TO NIGERIA ANY LONGER BESIDES NAIRALAND. I WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO WISH IT WELL FROM A DISTANCE.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by mployer(m): 10:32am On Oct 07, 2012
My elder brother almost got lynched at oshodi 3 years ago angry
We were on our way to MMA via oshodi bus stop. I got into a bus, relaxed, thinking he got in as well. after 2 minutes, one of the passengers tapped my back and said " no be ur brother them the beat for back?" I looked back and saw my brother receiving heavy blows from two Guys. His mouth was already bleeding by the time I got down from the bus. With anger I immediately jacked one of the Guys on his shirt and asked "What did this guy do to you?" he didn't answer, he merely pointed at the other guy . I went straight to the guy but still no response. I asked the Okada men around, they said they saw my brother begging those guys so they concluded he must have stolen from them. I then asked my brother why beg them, he said he wasn't. He only stepped on one of them and tried to apologise, then the beating started

It wasn't funny. If I wasn't there a "thief" may hav being burnt alive

2 Likes

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by mkoabiola: 10:40am On Oct 07, 2012
D head of d community is b blame for ds jungle justice,sometimes ago,wen I was stil in sku.sometin of ds nature happn in my sku community.
Dey wanted to burn d students. For little offence,I single handedly moblise my colleagues dat we shud resist ds maltreatment. I was assume to b dier enemy because I antogonise dem.I was made a hero among d students bt we later settle d rift by d head of d community.
Later,dere was a gud rappor btwn d students n community.d students in dat coomunity shud av protected and preveted ds jungle justice.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by claremont(m): 10:41am On Oct 07, 2012
Where is the said gory video?!
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by tashanja(m): 10:42am On Oct 07, 2012
What do you expect in a country where the judicial system is so poor and corrupt where people have lost confidence as they watch the guilty getting off scot free, if not take the law into their own hands.

Its a known fact in Nigeria that anybody caught stealing in public is likely to be lynched. Those guys knew the risk and understood the consequences, yet they nevertheless went ahead took it and paid the price. I really have no pity for them but for their many innocent victims.

In fact I am still reeling from the pain of the recent loss of my phone (htc Desire HD)to pick pocketers having earlier paid 140k for it when it just came out, you can imagine how it feels knowing that those rouges would probably sell it on for as low as 10k - 15k along with very personal and some irreplaceable vital data.

Abeg, right now such people don't deserve any pity from me at all angry
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by redsun(m): 10:44am On Oct 07, 2012
Weird_Me:

Dumb Comment

You primitive muderfucker,you probably particupated in the lynching.The statement said that they were lynched in the students hotel cpmmunity,which could be on or off campus,by the their fellow students and some word i dont exactly understand.

Just because the hotels are off campus does not mean it is not a student community.It is not hard to prove who the savages are,because there are clear motions and still pictures evidences,all the police need to do is find them and put them in jail for life,while the major player should be hanged.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by charles009(m): 10:48am On Oct 07, 2012
Being a very succesful member of the vikings confraternity! This happened in my school 8years ago, and all those who were identified among the killers suffered an identical faith of destruction by the sword! Heads decapitated, flesh torn,careers ended in an instant. Its a pity that we've been deranged to the extent of deriving pleasure in lynching people! That's barbaric and insane! Sotovos to all bastards involved! Intel...xyz.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 07, 2012
It is unfortunate they were not given the chance to regret their actions and some funny comments are what i see here.

The day you decide to live a life of crime, just know that your death will be a shameful one. how many of you care to ask what had become of their victims over the years? One thing you all should know is that if you had ever fallen prey to these guys, then you`ll know the anger with which the mob reacted.

let me tell you a personal experience - I and my friend were going for our usual night class around 8pm through a track road that led to the main campus when we saw a touch light pointing at us urging us to stop. my friend wanted to run because he felt they could be bad boys and i told him to wait since his hands are clean. we waited and the next thing we saw was hatchet drills all over our body for reasons we don`t know and their was nobody to come to our rescue despite all our plea. we had lost all the strength in us to the extent that we could no longer resist the beating again before one of them asked us that where is the phone we stole from this girl (the victim of the stolen phone)we had to plead for our dear lives that we don`t know anything about the stolen phone and that we just left our lodge and are going to the class, we showed them our books and all we had on us. You know what, the same place that we were before we were asked to stop was the same place that these evil guys stayed and attacked 3 innocent girls at gun point till the last person who went to call the school vigilante boys who almost got us killed for what we know nothing about. If i had died, what would have become of my aging parents that prays day and night for me.

I`m not saying it is proper what the villagers did, but you need to here their own side of the story and u will understnad the reason for their actions. and sometime these guys needs these type of treatment for them to change because some of them are children of well-to-men in the society and they believe they will do anything and get away with it.

May they be judged according to their works on earth.

1 Like

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 07, 2012
It is unfortunate they were not given the chance to regret their actions and some funny comments are what i see here.

The day you decide to live a life of crime, just know that your death will be a shameful one. how many of you care to ask what had become of their victims over the years? One thing you all should know is that if you had ever fallen prey to these guys, then you`ll know the anger with which the mob reacted.

let me tell you a personal experience - I and my friend were going for our usual night class around 8pm through a track road that led to the main campus when we saw a touch light pointing at us urging us to stop. my friend wanted to run because he felt they could be bad boys and i told him to wait since his hands are clean. we waited and the next thing we saw was hatchet drills all over our body for reasons we don`t know and their was nobody to come to our rescue despite all our plea. we had lost all the strength in us to the extent that we could no longer resist the beating again before one of them asked us that where is the phone we stole from this girl (the victim of the stolen phone)we had to plead for our dear lives that we don`t know anything about the stolen phone and that we just left our lodge and are going to the class, we showed them our books and all we had on us. You know what, the same place that we were before we were asked to stop was the same place that these evil guys stayed and attacked 3 innocent girls at gun point till the last person who went to call the school vigilante boys who almost got us killed for what we know nothing about. If i had died, what would have become of my aging parents that prays day and night for me.

I`m not saying it is proper what the villagers did, but you need to here their own side of the story and u will understnad the reason for their actions. and sometime these guys needs these type of treatment for them to change because some of them are children of well-to-men in the society and they believe they will do anything and get away with it.

May they be judged according to their works on earth.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by sirsilentwalker: 10:52am On Oct 07, 2012
I think people in this country still don't knw their ryts, the dad is sayin he is leavin his son's muderers to God (not bad since God said we shud leave venge to him) but there r some steps he as a human shud take to excercise his ryts n also help prevent this kind of rubbish frm happenin again. The nigerian police can't tell me that dt there is no patrol team in dt community or atleast a police station, and they stood by and people been mudered as if we were in d mayan empire. Honestly if I were to be d dad of any of those boys, I wud sue d crap of the nigerian police and that community in d capacity they will neva forget fr generations to come. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 07, 2012
All this sentimental nonsense doesn't move me in the least. The ONLY question that needs to be answered is this: Were those guys ARMED robbers/cultists who robbed and intimidated fellow students and members of that community? If the answer to this question is no, then there has been a grave injustice and their killers must be fished out and punished. However, if the answer is yes, then the animals deserved to die. Any armed robber deserves to die. The moment you take up arms to intimidate and torment your fellow human, then you automatically fordeit your humanity; you are no better than a mere coachroach.

God forbids that I find my own son engaging in these atrocities (robbery, kidnapping, and other violent crimes), then by God I would be happy to see him face this same kind of justice. Nonsense.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by Mobinga: 10:57am On Oct 07, 2012
Redsun is obviously a bitter, uninformed clod.

You are no different than the "savage mob", ignorant fools always jump into conclusions with insufficient data.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by buhna91: 10:58am On Oct 07, 2012
Someone might have been innocent among them,they didn't even give the boys the chance to talk. Besides is a laptop or phone worth more than human life?
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by redsun(m): 11:00am On Oct 07, 2012
Mobinga: Redsun is obviously a bitter, uninformed clod.

You are no different than the "savage mob", ignorant fools always jump into conclusions with insufficient data.

You are a NIGERIAN,a pre-neolithic creature.
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by vanstanzy(m): 11:02am On Oct 07, 2012
I almost shed tears when i watched the mob-attack video, its really gruesome. cry cry cry How on earth did they allow those barbarians to kill like that, its not their calling. Even if the guys actually stole, cant they hand them over to the enforcement agents. After watching the video, i knew deep down inside me that, the same fate meted out on these guys, will be meted out on their killers. I don't support theft, neither do i support jungle justice, this is in no way justice. "No sin shall go unpunished. He that kills by the sword, shall die by the sword." angry
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by charles009(m): 11:02am On Oct 07, 2012
sirsilentwalker: I think people in this country still don't knw their ryts, the dad is sayin he is leavin his son's muderers to God (not bad since God said we shud leave venge to him) but there r some steps he as a human shud take to excercise his ryts n also help prevent this kind of rubbish frm happenin again. The nigerian police can't tell me that dt there is no patrol team in dt community or atleast a police station, and they stood by and people been mudered as if we were in d mayan empire. Honestly if I were to be d dad of any of those boys, I wud sue d crap of the nigerian police and that community in d capacity they will neva forget fr generations to come. Nonsense

I believe in retributive justice, an eye for an eye! God forgives and I don't!
Re: Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks by charles009(m): 11:03am On Oct 07, 2012
vanstanzy: I almost shed tears when i watched the mob-attack video, its really gruesome. cry cry cry How on earth did they allow those barbarians to kill like that, its not their calling. Even if the guys actually stole, cant they hand them over to the enforcement agents. After watching the video, i knew deep down inside me that, the same fate meted out on these guys, will be meted out on their killers. I don't support theft, neither do i support jungle justice, this is in no way justice. "No sin shall go unpunished. He that kills by the sword, shall die by the sword." angry

Paste the link jare!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Student Shot Dead By Cultists In Front Of School Gate In Owerri. Graphic Photo / 2 Brothers Rob Grandpa Of N550,000 In Ogun, Kill His Wife (Photo) / Transformer Thief Burnt In Kogi As Power Is Restored During His Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.