Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? (9710 Views)

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Yello1(m): 9:15am On Oct 07, 2012
dis days some church teaches there member how 2 speak in tongue,wonna na knw if speaking in tongue is a language u can learn?
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by MistadeRegal(m): 1:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
Speaking in tongues is not learned but given only by the HOLY SPIRIT
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by eddy1977(m): 4:25pm On Oct 07, 2012
Ac 2:4 they spoke with other tongues as the holy spirit have them utterance.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Ptolomeus(m): 12:51am On Oct 08, 2012
Speaking in tongues is a sign of madness.
Teach these "tongues" is a good idea of the pastor, to gaining adherents, and enriched by the tithe

8 Likes

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by CrazyMan(m): 1:46am On Oct 08, 2012
Its can't be learnt because its a gift from the holy spirit...it can only be received.

2 Likes

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by 2rutalk1: 11:16am On Oct 08, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Teach these "tongues" is a good idea of the pastor, to gaining adherents, and enriched by the tithe

May God have mercy on you

2 Likes

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by tintingz(m): 11:17am On Oct 08, 2012
Speaking in tongues is FRAUD and FAKE! tongue is this the language of the HOLYSPIRIT?

6 Likes

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Tlake(m): 11:17am On Oct 08, 2012
ABEGiiiii, which kind Holy Spirit these pastors r fakes only few r tru xtians, jst fornin rubishh clanin holy spirit 9ja I hail o
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 08, 2012
gafugiu\bgfjagsfygds\yjgfyas\ggfas\,gycf,gf\asjgfGbf\,jgyufg,j,g\gb\gh\hlj,gugb,b,jabhbvfl,sad\b,jbvfygvys\agbkdfgaskjbfl\bgfb\fbvh\jvhfabv\fhjzcv\lgf\hbgfvyegflgtfuikh\swifryga\yul,bkjfv.hv;f\oi.bzyvf\ja,khnjef\ashy,kjB\ g,h\jzg,abvzsh\vgtvhj\hsdbkjz g,vhDKasjc zhjgawkjsbhvgeuikadhuy\wtvjhkeas.iuyguhjkawhugyfshjakwfydst\ghu\gyushjsduiyuzhjdsyuuzdshiuydhkj\fhuriguryetgthjgknlifoeujfhzrsdzuyijbfgdbvhijk

I just spoke in tongues...

2 Likes

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Kslib(m): 11:19am On Oct 08, 2012
It can never be learnt,cos it's a gift.. I thought they said; speaking in tongues is language the devil cannot understand? So if the language can be learnt,then i guess the devil would have learnt it no matter how hard it may sound cos the devil's brain is indeed a german machine.. The level of his iq is out of this world,so in essence,speaking in tongues cannot be taught/learnt cos it's a gift from the holy spirit......
Sorry to say this,but a christian who knows what he/she is doing will not even ask this question... Although i know you asked cos you were amazed at the theory that it can be learnt..
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Vince2(m): 11:22am On Oct 08, 2012
Must U talk when U hve got no idea what to say?
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Babaken(m): 11:24am On Oct 08, 2012
Ptolomeus:
for the person that ask this question GOD will bless you i was in CHRIST EMBASSY few months ago in ghana after de service de said new comes should wait cuz de is some pastors to attend to us. Look at what de pastor is tell us that will must lean how to speak in tongues de were forcing us you MOST say it keep saying it, i ask myself keep saying what i don't no.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by timpaker(m): 11:27am On Oct 08, 2012
I remember during my Uni days when i attended my roommate's church and was called aside amongst others to wait and receive the Holy spirit via speaking in tongues, after fervent prayers, two out of five of us started speaking in tongues and were taken into a special room, while I and the others looked helpless, wondering when we'd ''kabash''. Seconds later, one of us started speaking in what i don't understand (in tongues perhaps), i could hear him stammering one word over and over again... long story short, I and another member went home disappointed.

Btw: I think speaking in tongues is learnt.

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Kslib(m): 11:28am On Oct 08, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: gafugiu\bgfjagsfygds\yjgfyas\ggfas\,gycf,gf\asjgfGbf\,jgyufg,j,g\gb\gh\hlj,gugb,b,jabhbvfl,sad\b,jbvfygvys\agbkdfgaskjbfl\bgfb\fbvh\jvhfabv\fhjzcv\lgf\hbgfvyegflgtfuikh\swifryga\yul,bkjfv.hv;f\oi.bzyvf\ja,khnjef\ashy,kjB\ g,h\jzg,abvzsh\vgtvhj\hsdbkjz g,vhDKasjc zhjgawkjsbhvgeuikadhuy\wtvjhkeas.iuyguhjkawhugyfshjakwfydst\ghu\gyushjsduiyuzhjdsyuuzdshiuydhkj\fhuriguryetgthjgknlifoeujfhzrsdzuyijbfgdbvhijk

I just spoke in tongues...
No,you did'nt just spoke in tongues,you just f..oooled yourself.. You also confirmed what the bible said that " even if you crush/grind a f..oool in a motar together with his fo..olisness,his f.oolishness can never depart from him.. No offense bro#

5 Likes

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by saint2ace(m): 11:28am On Oct 08, 2012
From the book of Acts 2:5-8,

5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing
Jews from every nation under heaven.
6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment,
because each one heard them speaking in his
own language.
7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Are not all
these men who are speaking Galileans?
8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in his own native language?

i plead to ask a simply question " what we call speaking in tongues is it really speaking in tongues or something else?" just asking undecided
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by treasuredkid: 11:29am On Oct 08, 2012
Babaken: for the person that ask this question GOD will bless you i was in CHRIST EMBASSY few months ago in ghana after de service de said new comes should wait cuz de is some pastors to attend to us. Look at what de pastor is tell us that will must lean how to speak in tongues de were forcing us you MOST say it keep saying it, i ask myself keep saying what i don't no.

and that is why your life is the way it is....mstcheeeeeew
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by megxo(m): 11:30am On Oct 08, 2012
IF U'RE "TERRY G" ENOUGH, U'LL SPEAK IN TONGUES cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 08, 2012
My mother taught me, she said that i should be saying Jesus very fast with my eyes closed... Maybe a 1000 times...
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Fourcade(m): 11:33am On Oct 08, 2012
Babaken: for the person that ask this question GOD will bless you i was in CHRIST EMBASSY few months ago in ghana after de service de said new comes should wait cuz de is some pastors to attend to us. Look at what de pastor is tell us that will must lean how to speak in tongues de were forcing us you MOST say it keep saying it, i ask myself keep saying what i don't no.
let him not deceive you!
you speak in tongues already..choi!

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by donguutti: 11:35am On Oct 08, 2012
Speaking in tongues!!!

Most religious folks tell us speaking in tongues is speaking in languages which the devil cannot understand,
this would be a lie, as the disciples on Pentecost day spoke in tongues which ordinary folks from elsewhere
understood.Read ACTS ......if a korean who comes here and does some prophesy in yoruba or vice versa without
any prior knowledge of the language,that would be speaking in tongues.Most people who speak in tongues
do not know what they are doing/saying , its just to keep up the farce of being a strong xtian.
Thus some if it is real(Gift of the Holy ghost), most of it is learned/gibberish.

But who am i to judge,

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Tos87(m): 11:37am On Oct 08, 2012
is a gift of ЂΞ Holy Spirit is пѻԎ learned...Ї can recall back in ЂΞ days when Ї was still in school,this campus fellowship group would always as us Ţ☹•◦ start speaking in tongues even when Ý๏ǖ don't know how to start or what Ţ☹•◦ say ћάț we should just start ãпԃ ћάț we will get use Ţ☹•◦ it.hmm.Ї hate it when ѳπe is making a public prayer ЂΞ person starts with speaking in an unknow language..too bad.Worst when their is no interpreter. sad sad sad
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 08, 2012
When I was in the University I was living in the same room with some born again brothers.

I can remember clearly that they used to teach themselves speaking in tongues. They even had notebooks where they used to write them down and then recite them repeatedly.

I am a Christian too and I found the practice very strange and abhorent.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by tubolancer(m): 11:44am On Oct 08, 2012
No you cant learn it and it is very special,it changes your life,if you have it the original you cannot be poor again and evil cannot stand in your way. Let me share a testimony with you about speaking in tongue.one I hate going to the church then in 2004 i had a terrible accident along lagos ibadan express way,in the accident over ten people lost their life but God save me. Later i was afraid of travelling out of lagos then a few months after the accident i was sleeping,in the middle of the night something touched then i woke up and began to pray i never do this in my life then suddenly i began to speak in tongue and i woke my family up with my strange tongue they were all shocked. Till then many great things have happened in my life.

4 Likes

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by redsquare(m): 11:45am On Oct 08, 2012

Witnessed the same thing in Christ Embassy in PH not quite long.It was my first time of worshiping with them and all the first-time worshipers were taken to a room where we were told to learn how to speak in tongues. That was when i knew that something is wrong somewhere. Na by force to speak in tongues? I think it is the gift of the Holy Spirit just like power of healing, seeing vision, dream interpretation. Na wa for some of these churches oo. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by tintingz(m): 11:48am On Oct 08, 2012
If the holyspirit( part of YAHWEH) is dsame as the one jews believed in, in their talmud book. . .why then the jews didn't speak in tongues?
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 08, 2012
speaking-in-tongue was a 20th century-pentecostal-church-invention, it has no intellectual meaning, it only means what the speaker thinks, delusion at its peak. It makes me think of people that need to be granted a mental asylum.

6 Likes

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by NET1(m): 11:51am On Oct 08, 2012
I believe that tongues are a sign of the Holy Spirit's dwelling in the life of an individual, therefore it should not be learned, but born-again Christians should whole-heartedly seek this.

I also believe that Speaking in tongues is however NOT the main reason the Holy Spirit comes into the life of a Person. In Acts 3, after the Holy Spirit came down, the Believers spoke in tongues, but also were 'emboldened' to speak God's word without fear anymore.

Apostle Peter, who became jittery when accused by a maid of following Jesus, (after the Pentecost) became so bold and unashamed that in just one Sermon he gave, over 3,000 souls surrendered to Jesus.

Also, in our lives today, the Holy Spirit helps Christians make good decisions in the Businessplace, at work, in school, etc.

However, Many of you here are saying unimaginable things against the works of the Holy Spirit. I want to advise all of us to be careful when we say things that concern the Holy Spirit. Jesus says that any Blashpemy against the Holy Spirit WILL NOT BE FORGIVEN. God may forgive other sins, but he WILL NOT FORGIVE THIS ONE.

Why don't we allow God to judge everybody and thereafter separate those who speak in tongues of their own accord from those who speak by the Holy Spirit.

I remember a story of a young girl (less than 10 years old) who attended a crusade in Aba some years ago. In the heat of the service, this illiterate girl started speaking in good, polished correct English. Then, she also prophesied.

After the crusade, some people wanted to interview her in English. Then she blurted: "Ogwem a dighi i nu ihe i di ika" - meaning "I don't understand what you are saying". They thought she was joking.

After several attempts to make her speak in English like she just did about 2 hours ago, the pastors interviewing her observed that the girl was truly stark illiterate.

If that is not speaking-in-tongues, tell me what is.

4 Likes

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2012
CrazyMan: Its can't be learnt because its a gift from the holy spirit...it can only be received.

ole!! even comedians use it in their movies grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by exago(m): 11:55am On Oct 08, 2012
sincere pursuit of the real baptism will be met with God’s acceptance, and a positive response will occur. A negative pursuit for the wrong reasons will either end up with failure, or a demonic counterfeit. No sincere believer wants that to happen.

The baptism is made possible by the salvation relationship one has with Jesus Christ, who asks the Father to send the Holy Spirit to those who believe in Him.

Receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit is equivalent to receiving a person, not a “thing.” So, the baptism is a “Him,” not an “it.” Proper indwelling requires a yielded vessel, repentant, loving, humble, submissive to God. One could receive the baptism by the laying on of hands, but it must be without public pressure or coaching. The Holy Spirit can fill a person without man’s help. The real baptism is NOT a learned experience, but quite the opposite. The baptism is God filling the person the person with Himself.

The person should be willing to speak out in faith, and allow the Holy Spirit to take over the natural language they are using in their prayers. Sometimes it helps not to speak a natural language, but to just utter sounds, in order to disconnect their minds from trying to influence the initiation of the baptism. This is done, knowing that these are just sounds to relax the person and their tongue, and not a real language. Many times, people feel so self conscious with others around, they cannot receive this gift. It is best then, to go and be alone with God.....culled from the internet

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by zangiff(m): 12:04pm On Oct 08, 2012
Holy spirit inspiration
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Creatrixity(m): 12:04pm On Oct 08, 2012
Check up on xenoglossia and glosollalia..
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Creatrixity(m): 12:04pm On Oct 08, 2012
Hmmn..these days these mods will put any thread that generates controversy on the front page..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? / Family Time With Lucifer: The Bible For Kids / Wearing Of Trousers, Earings And Make-up By Ladies Will Not Take Them To Hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.