Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? (9717 Views)

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Ptolomeus(m): 4:35pm On Oct 08, 2012
Babaken: for the person that ask this question GOD will bless you i was in CHRIST EMBASSY few months ago in ghana after de service de said new comes should wait cuz de is some pastors to attend to us. Look at what de pastor is tell us that will must lean how to speak in tongues de were forcing us you MOST say it keep saying it, i ask myself keep saying what i don't no.

exactly:
A fraud, a hoax, as 99.99% of what the pastors. Everything points to money ...
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 08, 2012
I advise the poster to read Acts 2, Acts 10 v 44-46, 1 cor 12 and 1 cor 14. I think it will answer your question.
Being trained to speak in tongues is just like trying to buy the holyspirit like Simon in Acts 8 v 18.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 08, 2012
Cupidkc: Even amidst all this churches with their speaking in tongues school,there is a real gift of the Holyspirit called speaking in tongues.
Good point!

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 08, 2012
hovic: ....., so please do not joke with him,

am so surprised you know the gender of the holy spirit! can you elucidate, please Sir/Madam.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by plankton(m): 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2012
1. It is Received
2. It ir Activated and
3. It is Improved upon or stired up into action through daily Usage.
Speaking in tonques causes or Brings Godz Supernatural Ability (Power of the Holly Spirit) to bare on the Natural.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
san001: Yea! speaking in tongue is a God's gift. I have heard & seen it myself with koro koro eyes in 1 C & S ,how an half bake literate man went into into the spirit realm and came back speaking, praying in fluent American accent/language. Trust me, if someone doesn't believe in holy spirit or speaking in heavenly tongue, then u r rather than dead, yet to be buried.
There is no need to be harsh on those that do not believe, just pray that their eyes of understanding be enlightened!
That of the tongues thing- happened in my church too; someone that can‘t speak hausa and good English spoke in both languages.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by henrychubayo: 5:30pm On Oct 08, 2012
Back in the time of the apostles, speaking in tongues was recieved. But they speak languages other do understand. Today, speaking in tongues are no longer recieved since the coming of the holy bible. But today, speaking in tongues can be learned. Tongues means languages and christians can learn a foreign language so as to preach just like some people did in the past and we all benefited. Speaking in tongues are learned and not received in our time now. Anyone who speaks in tongue should be understood and where there is no such understanding, its never speaking in tongues
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Kgdavid(m): 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2012
speaking in tongues is on different levels...there are other tongues i.e the tongues of men and unknown tongues which are the tongues of the spirit realm. the apostle paul made reference to speaking in the tongues of angels. you cannot learn how to speak in tongues brethren!! let no one force you. i personally went for prayers many times(years) with no effect but one day in the middle of the night after a time of prayer i had a dream and woke up speaking in tongues. it was a blessed experience that has changed my life. now the things of the spirit are funny in the sense that sometimes i ask myself if i only imagined it or if my mind was playig tricks on me but the truth is that what happened that night happened and that will never change... i do wonder if nairaland is the place to ask such a question?
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
991: speaking-in-tongue was a 20th century-pentecostal-church-invention, it has no intellectual meaning, it only means what the speaker thinks, delusion at its peak. It makes me think of people that need to be granted a mental asylum.
. U re just a reflection of ur father d devil...u MUST BE BORN AGAIN TO RECEIVE THE FREE GIFT OF GOD..GOD IS KNOCKIN AT THE DOOR OF UR HRT MY BRODA..BE BORN AGAIN FIRST THEN GOD WILL SHOW U HIS SECRETS.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by monkel: 6:38pm On Oct 08, 2012
1cor. 12
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 08, 2012
Bidam: . U re just a reflection of ur father d devil...u MUST BE BORN AGAIN TO RECEIVE THE FREE GIFT OF GOD..GOD IS KNOCKIN AT THE DOOR OF UR HRT MY BRODA..BE BORN AGAIN FIRST THEN GOD WILL SHOW U HIS SECRETS.

Am so glad to be identified as the reflection of my father! isnt it shameful that your own father who claims to be almighty has not been able to defeat my father since history? the fact that my father has reflections means your father is not almighty after all.
wait! do i need to struggle to be born again? why dont your father show up and born all humankind again at once? i.e if he exists?

"The essence of Christianity is told us in the Garden of Eden story. The fruit that was forbidden was on the tree of knowledge. "
-- Frank Zappa
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
Bidam: . BE BORN AGAIN FIRST THEN GOD WILL SHOW U HIS SECRETS.

To me, religion is a belief that an illusory cosmic Jewish god who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master and saviour so he can remove all evil from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a knowledge tree..blah blah blah
what a crap!!!!!!
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Yello1(m): 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2012
luc26: Even an unformed fetus knwz itz a gift so I dnt get y a grown adult shud b asking abi u jst wan enta frnt page.cheesy u don try
wat a shallow thinking brain,if all u knw is yabin peopl,why don't u write a topic dt will make d front page...better peopl gave me a touching comment
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by san001: 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2012
@AJJ : Thanks for your point of correction & it's noted. We all need divine intervention to understand and believe how great is our God. It may be true that lot of people fake this speaking in tongue tinz..considering the atrocities some people committed and yet they come up speaking in a language..probably some learn to mimic some real ones. But I'm not in a position to judge no one. I once felt this touch the day I got baptized, but I was so afraid and terrified to continue having my tongue hijacked. May God help me to make this happen someday.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 08, 2012
Hello pals, Concerning speaking in tongues let me explain dere are 2 types of tongues 1. Speaking in tongues 2. Praying in tongues. Speaking in tongues is a supernatural endowment or grace of d HolySpirit upon a beliver 2 speak in a tongue or language he or she doesn't understand 2 his or her listener it culd b d tongues of men acts1:8 e.g igbo,yoruba,japan,chinese e.t.c or of angels dat is heavenly language.4 it 2 edify d listners he or she needs 2 interprete it.once it is interpreted it has bcom prophecy automatically.2.
Praying in tongues or praying in d Holyghost is a supernatural grace upon a beliver 2 pray 2 God in a language he or she does understand jude1:20,1cor14:14 .it doesn't need interpretation.it is one of d best way 2 pray 2 God most especially wen u are short of words while praying and it is very effective in d spirit realm and it is very destructive 2 d kingdom of darkness.wen u pray in tongues d HolySpirit bear witness wit ur spirit and speaks 2 God on ur behalf concerning ur suplication,prayer e.t.c 2 God.but it must b done by d leading of d Holyghost or in d Spirit not carnally or speaking sake and wit d understanding dat u knw wat u are doing. 4 u 2 hav dis gift u need 2 desire it and pray 4 d grace.u can also b inspired by anoda person who prays in tongues 1corth14:19. if av any question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by jambogini: 5:31am On Oct 09, 2012
When the first century christians received the holy spirit, the bible book of acts mentioned that they started speaking in different tongues, that the visitors coming from other country and tribe could understand them....
The bible pointed out they speak in different ethnic languages, not what all these christian in this modern life claim to speak...
How could an individual speak what cannot edify another and still claims he is speaking in tongues through Gods spirit. Capital unacceptable twist of the Holy Scripture.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Immortal1(m): 7:43am On Oct 09, 2012
This is d best answer so far! I wish those wit no idea of d difference btw speaking in tongues & praying in tongues would just keep mute, rather than commenting on tinz they have no knowledge of. Pls, stop trying 2 analyse d tinz of God wit logics. God is Spirit, & those who worship Him must worship in spirit & truth(John 4:24). D Carnal Man can never receive d tinz of d spirit 4 they re foolishness 2 him(1Cor 1:14), just lyk I've noticed in some comments. Lastly, witout faith, it is 'impossible' 2 please God! Even wen u don't understand some issues in d bible, u only need 2 pray dat ur eyes of understanding be enlightened(Ephe 1:17-18), instead of speaking blasphemies!
quote author=Truvel]Hello pals, my name is Daniel Doubra. Concerning speaking in tongues let me explain dere are 2 types of tongues 1. Speaking in tongues 2. Praying in tongues. Speaking in tongues is a supernatural endowment or grace of d HolySpirit upon a beliver 2 speak in a tongue or language he or she doesn't understand 2 his or her listener it culd b d tongues of men acts1:8 e.g igbo,yoruba,japan,chinese e.t.c or of angels dat is heavenly language.4 it 2 edify d listners he or she needs 2 interprete it.once it is interpreted it has bcom prophecy automatically.2.
Praying in tongues or praying in d Holyghost is a supernatural grace upon a beliver 2 pray 2 God in a language he or she does understand jude1:20,1cor14:14 .it doesn't need interpretation.it is one of d best way 2 pray 2 God most especially wen u are short of words while praying and it is very effective in d spirit realm and it is very destructive 2 d kingdom of darkness.wen u pray in tongues d HolySpirit bear witness wit ur spirit and speaks 2 God on ur behalf concerning ur suplication,prayer e.t.c 2 God.but it must b done by d leading of d Holyghost or in d Spirit not carnally or speaking sake and wit d understanding dat u knw wat u are doing. 4 u 2 hav dis gift u neet 2 desire it and pray 4 d grace.u can also b inspired by anoda person who prays in tongues 1corth14:19. if av any question corncerning it dis my number 08167643910 add me on 2go,or facebook using my name Daniel Doubra.[/quote]
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Immortal1(m): 7:45am On Oct 09, 2012
Truvel: Hello pals, my name is Daniel Doubra. Concerning speaking in tongues let me explain dere are 2 types of tongues 1. Speaking in tongues 2. Praying in tongues. Speaking in tongues is a supernatural endowment or grace of d HolySpirit upon a beliver 2 speak in a tongue or language he or she doesn't understand 2 his or her listener it culd b d tongues of men acts1:8 e.g igbo,yoruba,japan,chinese e.t.c or of angels dat is heavenly language.4 it 2 edify d listners he or she needs 2 interprete it.once it is interpreted it has bcom prophecy automatically.2.
Praying in tongues or praying in d Holyghost is a supernatural grace upon a beliver 2 pray 2 God in a language he or she does understand jude1:20,1cor14:14 .it doesn't need interpretation.it is one of d best way 2 pray 2 God most especially wen u are short of words while praying and it is very effective in d spirit realm and it is very destructive 2 d kingdom of darkness.wen u pray in tongues d HolySpirit bear witness wit ur spirit and speaks 2 God on ur behalf concerning ur suplication,prayer e.t.c 2 God.but it must b done by d leading of d Holyghost or in d Spirit not carnally or speaking sake and wit d understanding dat u knw wat u are doing. 4 u 2 hav dis gift u neet 2 desire it and pray 4 d grace.u can also b inspired by anoda person who prays in tongues 1corth14:19. if av any question corncerning it dis my number 08167643910 add me on 2go,or facebook using my name Daniel Doubra.
This is d best answer so far! I wish those wit no idea of d difference btw speaking in tongues & praying in tongues would just keep mute, rather than commenting on tinz they have no knowledge of. Pls, stop trying 2 analyse d tinz of God wit logics. God is Spirit, & those who worship Him must worship in spirit & truth(John 4:24). D Carnal Man can never receive d tinz of d spirit 4 they re foolishness 2 him(1Cor 1:14), just lyk I've noticed in some comments. Lastly, witout faith, it is 'impossible' 2 please God! Even wen u don't understand some issues in d bible, u only need 2 pray dat ur eyes of understanding be enlightened(Ephe 1:17-18), instead of speaking blasphemies!
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 09, 2012
The OP asked if speaking in tongues is learnt or recieved?
Do you mean that those that are being taught tongues are speaking angelic tongues?
Either speaking or praying in tongues; tongues are given from above. Pls don‘t confuse others.
Btw; Its better to pray for the interpretation of your tongue(angelic); so that if you are asked by an unbeliever or a stranger, you ll be able to talk backing it up with the scriptures. Imagine an unbeliever entering into a gathering of believers and all are praying in tongues! To him, one might be said to be insane.
@ Truvel; its not really advisable giving contacts out like that. You can teach on this thread so far its on this topic. We are all learning day by day.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by jigawatts(m): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: gafugiu\bgfjagsfygds\yjgfyas\ggfas\,gycf,gf\asjgfGbf\,jgyufg,j,g\gb\gh\hlj,gugb,b,jabhbvfl,sad\b,jbvfygvys\agbkdfgaskjbfl\bgfb\fbvh\jvhfabv\fhjzcv\lgf\hbgfvyegflgtfuikh\swifryga\yul,bkjfv.hv;f\oi.bzyvf\ja,khnjef\ashy,kjB\ g,h\jzg,abvzsh\vgtvhj\hsdbkjz g,vhDKasjc zhjgawkjsbhvgeuikadhuy\wtvjhkeas.iuyguhjkawhugyfshjakwfydst\ghu\gyushjsduiyuzhjdsyuuzdshiuydhkj\fhuriguryetgthjgknlifoeujfhzrsdzuyijbfgdbvhijk

I just spoke in tongues...

Bros, this one na Tongue-breaker oooo grin grin grin
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 09, 2012
san001: I once felt this touch the day I got baptized, but I was so afraid and terrified to continue having my tongue hijacked. May God help me to make this happen someday.
Amen! Maybe you were a babe in things of the spirit when you were baptised, thats why you got scared.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by mko2005: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2012
The things of the spirit could only be understood by those that are lead by the spirit. If you desire it,you will have it. It is the grace of the Almighty God that can come on one even when you do not wholly desire it but can still receive it in God's presence.
If you dnt know about the gift of speaking in tongue and dnt care to know,it will not be given to you and for sure will profit you nothing !
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by malaria(f): 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: gafugiu\bgfjagsfygds\yjgfyas\ggfas\,gycf,gf\asjgfGbf\,jgyufg,j,g\gb\gh\hlj,gugb,b,jabhbvfl,sad\b,jbvfygvys\agbkdfgaskjbfl\bgfb\fbvh\jvhfabv\fhjzcv\lgf\hbgfvyegflgtfuikh\swifryga\yul,bkjfv.hv;f\oi.bzyvf\ja,khnjef\ashy,kjB\ g,h\jzg,abvzsh\vgtvhj\hsdbkjz g,vhDKasjc zhjgawkjsbhvgeuikadhuy\wtvjhkeas.iuyguhjkawhugyfshjakwfydst\ghu\gyushjsduiyuzhjdsyuuzdshiuydhkj\fhuriguryetgthjgknlifoeujfhzrsdzuyijbfgdbvhijk

I just spoke in tongues...
No u jst wrote in tongues, i heard nothing.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nellyunique: 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2012
henrychubayo: Back in the time of the apostles, speaking in tongues was recieved. But they speak languages other do understand. Today, speaking in tongues are no longer recieved since the coming of the holy bible. But today, speaking in tongues can be learned. Tongues means languages and christians can learn a foreign language so as to preach just like some people did in the past and we all benefited. Speaking in tongues are learned and not received in our time now. Anyone who speaks in tongue should be understood and where there is no such understanding, its never speaking in tongues
Please read 1corinthians 14,where apostle Paul wrote that speaking in tongues is communication between you and God and not to men for you utter mysteries with your spirit and for strengthening.As for the disciples who received the gift of tongues on the day of pentecost,it was for ministration of the gospel all around the world.For example when my mom was prayed over,she began speaking in English fluently,she spoke in English rather than in her local dialect.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 10, 2012
991:

To me, religion is a belief that an illusory cosmic Jewish god who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master and saviour so he can remove all evil from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a knowledge tree..blah blah blah.
what a crap!!!!!!
1cor2:14-15
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by rusher14: 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
Bidam: . U re just a reflection of ur father d devil...u MUST BE BORN AGAIN TO RECEIVE THE FREE GIFT OF GOD..GOD IS KNOCKIN AT THE DOOR OF UR HRT MY BRODA..BE BORN AGAIN FIRST THEN GOD WILL SHOW U HIS SECRETS.
Mr. Humility so you can call someone the devil's son but claim to be born again.
I guess by your fruits you shall know them.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
rusher14:
Mr. Humility so you can call someone the devil's son but claim to be born again.
I guess by your fruits you shall know them.
Bro...why jump d oda thread to attack me on dis one simply becos i said dat concerning 991..am very correct in my assessment of him..read wat he said before nailin me to a coffin pls..Jesus in His earthly ministry called d pharisees brood of vipers and serpents..even paul called d high priest a white washed sepulcher..so who re u to judge me becos i made reference to wat i perceive 991 in my spirit to be...he even acknowledge dat he is a child of d devil..so wat re we talking abt..pls read d thread properly and stop being bitter about me..its unchristain sir!
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by AtheistD(m): 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2012
Nellyunique: Please read 1corinthians 14,where apostle Paul wrote that speaking in tongues is communication between you and God and not to men for you utter mysteries with your spirit and for strengthening.As for the disciples who received the gift of tongues on the day of pentecost,it was for ministration of the gospel all around the world.For example when my mom was prayed over,she began speaking in English fluently,she spoke in English rather than in her local dialect.

Take her to get checked out. She might be in need of mental health support and treatment. smiley
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by ogajim(m): 10:33pm On Nov 21, 2012
I have to say that "speaking in tongues" we hear from some Christians these days is nothing but repetitive gibberish which is LEARNED. The speaking in tongues exemplified in Acts is nothing way DIFFERENT (everyone understood what was being said in their OWN native TONGUE(language)....even a 2 year old can "speak" this "shaka rama shaka rama" stuff.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Family Time With Lucifer: The Bible For Kids / "Is The Watchtower Organisation A Trustworthy Interpreter Of Scripture?" / Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.