Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,110 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:25 AM

How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application (11420 Views)

28 Photos That Prove Dubai Is The Craziest City In The World / Uk Visa Application Mistake / South Africa Visa Application Delay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Talk2naija(m): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2012
Please can someone tell how to prove a strong tie for visa, I have research some info, it says it might be family memebr, property, inhertitance or investment. But I am only 22, I didn't have any property to tender nor inheritance, but I am thinking if I can just buy bank shares in my bank this year because I am just planning to go next year, please I need advice, I am applying for schegen visa to holland. Thanks
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 07, 2012
If shares alone will be the ONLY TIE you will tender to the visa officer, then you should not apply now until you are buoyant enough to apply. besides, why are you visiting Netherlands? How much is available for your visit? (don't deposit a lump sum as a proof of funds), What are your travel history? Are you working? are you studying ? anybody sponsoring your trip? (considering your age), etc

Since you are not married and has no kids, not working, and no other stronger ties like Landed properties etc, It will be hard for you to satisfy the visa officer, but again, you just need to be diplomatic in your approach and put yourself in their shoes. (they may be wiser than you think)

You may elaborate more on your personal circumstances, and I may be able to advice you accordingly smiley
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Talk2naija(m): 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2012
Thanks for the pieces of information I am traveling to nederlands to meet the family of fiance , though presently I don't have much fund but I will get 1500 euros before may next year, if I save much money from my income, I am currently working in my brother's seafood shop as a sales reps, last month I sent her invitation letter she came here to meet my family. Now her family want to me,about sponsor she is the one who will cover all my expense over and provide accomdation, so she wanted me to come for her birthday in may, the most sad aspect is that I have never the shore of nigeria before, I am a first timer
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
What citizenship is your Fiance?
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Talk2naija(m): 7:56pm On Oct 07, 2012
A dutch
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
In her own part, she should send you an invitation letter and stipulate that she would be responsible for your travel expenses and accommodation. she should also include a photocopy of her dutch passport or identity card as an evidence that she is a dutch citizen. she can also send you her bank statement and business ownership/employment contract if she is working.

In your own part, You should still show you have your own finances even though she would be sponsoring you financially, also include evidence that you are working at the sea port and who will cover your position if you are away, think of any other evidence you could show that proves tie to Nigeria. Is there any plan of your wedding In Nigeria? if yes, you should also show evidence for that. show an itenary of a return booked flight ticket that match with your travelling and return date to the Netherlands. You should also show evidence that she has visited you earlier, it would help too.

But the easiest of all is if she can come to Nigeria again and marry you, and you file for a spouse residence permit, but in anything you do, Goodluck smiley
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Talk2naija(m): 8:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
Thanks brother, I am working in a seafoods shop not sea port,fiancially by may I can afford 1500 euros,for wedding yes, that's one of the major reasons for me going to see her people and she said before I can get a dutch passport I must learn dutch, so whem I travel I will also attend 4 weeks course in holland to learn basic dutch, then we can proceed back here to nigeria and get married but she said she prefer us getting married @ holland. But first her family has been disturbing her that they wants to see me. Booking ticket is already intact as soon I am ready to submit the applicatiom, what type of evidence do I need about her visit before, please explain that! Yess she can come to Nigeria again but first she wants me to meet her people before marriage!
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 07, 2012
evidences for her previous visit can be pictures with the two of you together, photocopy of an entry stamp by the Nigerian Immigration on her passport, her previous book flight ticket to Nigeria, etc

Learning dutch for four weeks should not be so important now I guess, and because you are married to her does not automatically confer Dutch citizenship to you, you need to spend at least 3 years in the Netherlands before you can apply for your citizenship and during that time, you should have learn how to speak Dutch.

And again, since she want the both of you to marry in the Netherlands, you should be sure if you can marry with a tourist visa so as not to go against the conditions of your visa permit, which may play against you when you would be applying for your residence as her spouse
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Talk2naija(m): 10:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
Thanks for the explanation I got that now, about when I travel on tourism purpose I dare not jeopardize my future, I get get married just like that, that will be my first marriage she is a divorcee, even I will need documents to do that, my purpose is just to meet her people definitly go around and the course, then fixed the wedding plan,
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2012
Going to Netherlands is not your future lolz grin grin grin
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Talk2naija(m): 10:36pm On Oct 07, 2012
Pls don't misquote I don't mean that I mean future travel, lol funny guy but you really offload little of my burden. So she said when I come to nederlands. She will come back with me to settle the marriage stuff. So she told me to get a tourist visa first and come for visiting and there is one thing I want to ask you.
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Talk2naija(m): 10:38pm On Oct 07, 2012
As I am working under my brother as sales rep @ a seafood shop can that be used as a strong tie? Because I don't think its possible?
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Talk2naija(m): 10:39pm On Oct 07, 2012
As I am working under my brother as sales rep @ a seafood shop can that be used as a strong tie?
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 07, 2012
are you been paid by your brother? any payslip, employment contract? they would expect you to submit documentary evidence for things that are not defendable by paper evidence in Nigeria, you just need to sort that out.

depending on how much you make (thats if your brother is paying you as an employee), it may serve as a tie to Nigeria but if otherwise, then it may not

but don't worry, pastor tb joshua is there to pray for you, just go and meet him, he may even give you the visa immediately. remember, with God all things are possible. grin grin grin
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Talk2naija(m): 11:47pm On Oct 07, 2012
He's pay me but the job I have been doing doing is never on document execpet an appointment which just anybody can type on ms word and print then I sign, about salary. I take my money by hand. He's paying me of course. Another thing is that my late dad has a house which he did willed to anybody buy of the three children I am the male, the rest are females! Another things its that if I can pay my house for like a year interval and I have all the reciept with me saying I still have like 8 months left. Please give me idea? Because just these strong tie is an headche to me?
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 08, 2012
star getting things prepared from now till when you will be applying. tell your uncle to employ you officially with documentation to support it like empolyment contract, payslip, tax card etc. He should also pay the money to your account directly with his name. (his name would reflect when you print out your bank statement since he his your employer)

paying your rent upfront may be an added advantage I guess, but make sure say the money dey refundable ooo, incase things no work out as planned. and make sure say na better money you de pay for house, so them go know say you no de suffer. if na face me i face you be your house and your rent na like 1500 per month, them go understand your scope no doubt, besides the money no go motivate them to believe say you de come back to Naija.

concerning your father house, you can get your name on the papers claiming ownership, if its yours truly. then that would be a stronger evidence in your own case i think.
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Talk2naija(m): 6:55am On Oct 08, 2012
Thanks that's a great idea, you have left half of my burden now. But please let's says you are my uncle, how will you go about to payslip and tax card legally to get me a contract? I don't think that of the house will work because I don't live in an expensive house. Fine about my dad's house we can just goto court with my mum nad others saying my dad will it to me? Or what do you think ?
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by topsyking: 10:30am On Oct 08, 2012
Talk2naija: Thanks that's a great idea, you have left half of my burden now. But please let's says you are my uncle, how will you go about to payslip and tax card legally to get me a contract? I don't think that of the house will work because I don't live in an expensive house. Fine about my dad's house we can just goto court with my mum nad others saying my dad will it to me? Or what do you think ?
How old is your girlfriend from europe..cos it will matter when applying
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Talk2naija(m): 1:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
Please age is private matter
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
But you told us your age, so why is hers a private matter? This is an anonymous forum, so why are you concealing her age ?

If she is older than you, It high likely that they consider it as a marriage of convenience, coupled with the fact that you are a Nigerian. How you met her is also very important. But it all depends on your packaging and how you defend your application if you may be called for an interview

Concerning your Job, Honestly I don't know how you would go about that, You should sort that out yourself not me. contact your brother and make findings on how to go about it and get the required documents from him, explain to him, he might understand, abi na coded runz ? grin grin grin
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by topsyking: 2:31pm On Oct 08, 2012
Talk2naija: Please age is private matter
If she is like 5 to 8 yrs older still ok but if she is 20sometin older than u den u need correct back up documents
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Talk2naija(m): 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2012
Well, she is 41 years old,
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2012
Talk2naija: Well, she is 41 years old,

Sharp man grin grin grin

Le me know if you enter Netherlands, make i come greet you and your mama wife

1 Like

Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by topsyking: 4:43pm On Oct 08, 2012
Talk2naija: Well, she is 41 years old,
Nice one..me sef I get one slovak..45yrs
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Talk2naija(m): 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2012
dahonestboss:

Sharp man grin grin grin

Le me know if you enter Netherlands, make i come greet you and your mama wife
she is just so friendly, she loves my people, no shit I am a loyal member of nairaland. Lol my brother
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Talk2naija(m): 8:53pm On Oct 08, 2012
topsyking:
Nice one..me sef I get one slovak..45yrs
my guy what are your plans about her, please be sincere with her o
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by topsyking: 10:13am On Oct 09, 2012
Talk2naija: my guy what are your plans about her, please be sincere with her o
Good plans..married and have my pp...then live our life peacefully...
What about you..do u think she can give birth at dat age..most of dem don born finish at a very early age..even her daughter is my age...
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Talk2naija(m): 10:54am On Oct 09, 2012
I am so Glad that, ypu are for real, we are also planning now to get her back here in Nigeria and get married or next year because she wants me to come and stay, please brothers how can go about the weedding, about the child stuff, both of us decided to put that apart, though she doent want any child again. Please obejective has changed we arare getting married soon in Nigeria, what are the procedures to get it done legally.
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by topsyking: 11:05am On Oct 09, 2012
Talk2naija: I am so Glad that, ypu are for real, we are also planning now to get her back here in Nigeria and get married or next year because she wants me to come and stay, please brothers how can go about the weedding, about the child stuff, both of us decided to put that apart, though she doent want any child again. Please obejective has changed we arare getting married soon in Nigeria, what are the procedures to get it done legally.
Its simple now..you can get married at d registry in ikoyi..but why can't u go and meet her then get married there...its better...but if she can come then fine...it easy to get married here sha...me I no dey get marry for here.I no won av anytin to do wit naija again..
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Talk2naija(m): 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2012
Thanks for the information,do you know of any documents that. I need, though she want us to get married in holland but Visa noni.
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by topsyking: 9:38am On Oct 14, 2012
No vex my guy..I dey do some runs noni...u don't need to much docs..just invitatn letter from her,utility bil,her work add, then u support it with ur bank statement,ur occupation etc.m_ arrange am well..and u get ur visa....u fit send me an empty message on my nairaland page..just go to my page and send me a message...I will reply
Re: How To Prove A Strong Tie During Visa Application by Talk2naija(m): 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2012
Okay man, no problem, God dey with us, we meet otside the shore, holla @ me anytime follow me NL I will follow u too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Baiyeku, Ikorodu Laments Bad Roads, Seeks Govt Intervention / One Dead, Three Others Injured In Akwa Ibom Auto Crash / Fintiri, Yari: FAAN Issues Public Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.