Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,529 members, 7,843,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

I Have Handed Over The Murderers To God” – Father Of Murdered UNIPORT Student - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Handed Over The Murderers To God” – Father Of Murdered UNIPORT Student (713 Views)

Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December / PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors / Pictures Of Murdered Students Of Mubi Polytechnic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have Handed Over The Murderers To God” – Father Of Murdered UNIPORT Student by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2012
He is well-to-do, a top Senior Manager at the Pipelines and Products Marketing Company (PPMC), a subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

He can afford to buy any type of telephone handset or laptop for any of his four sons. But this morning when Onyema Biringa (shown in photo), who is based in Port Harcourt, capital of Rivers State in South-South Nigeria, woke up, it was to prepare for the burial of his first son, Chiadikobi, who was lynched yesterday by a mob for allegedly stealing handsets and laptops.

The bereaved father, who alongside his family s still reeling from shock, is seeking divine intervention over the cruel fate that has befallen his beloved son. “I have handed over the murderers to God,” he told a relative last night.

News Express reports that Chiadikobi and two other students of the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) believed to be his friends were forcibly seized by a mob at Allu, an off campus suburb where they lived, paraded naked, mercilessly beaten to death despite passionate pleas, had their necks bedecked with used tyres preparatory to being set ablaze.

The only one to be identified, Chiadikobi’s body has been taken to his hometown, Umungwa, Obowo, in neighbouring Imo State, for burial today.

Outrage has greeted his murder and that of the other victims of the jungle justice. Writing on Facebook, one of his relatives, Okonkwo Queen, said: My eyes are filled with tears. My dear brother may your soul rest in peace.”

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/10/07/i-handed-murderers-god-father-murdered-uniport-student/?wt=2

Re: I Have Handed Over The Murderers To God” – Father Of Murdered UNIPORT Student by inspirenet: 12:39am On Oct 08, 2012
hmmm...

undecided

(1) (Reply)

Ofeimun , Adebanjo Stoke Controversy Over Achebe’s Comments On Awolowo / GOOD NEWS?: Non-oil Exports Increase By 20%, Hits $3billion By Year End / The Profile Of Dr Orji Uzor Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.