Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,279 members, 7,826,082 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors (20337 Views)

The Nigeria I Handed Over To Buhari Was The Biggest Economy In Africa – jonathan / RRS Patrol Vehicles Stationed In Strategic Points Across Lagos (photos) / Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by theoctopus: 11:50am On Sep 30, 2013
That day has finally come. Power privatization is now complete.

GEJ has finally handed over PHCN to strategic core investors

I praise God for this glorious day!

This is a new dawn for Nigeria!

God bless GEJ!

God Bless Nigeria!

44 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by pechiko: 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
theoctopus: That day has finally come. Power privatization is now complete.

God bless GEJ!

God Bless Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by pechiko: 12:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
theoctopus: That day has finally come. Power privatization is now complete.

God bless GEJ!

God Bless Nigeria!

pls tell me what is glorious about this hand over, is it the fact that Jonathan didn't pay PHCN workers?

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by ikweremilitant: 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
pechiko: pls tell me what is glorious about this hand over, is the fact that he didn't pay the workers?
bad belle if u dont lyk gejs work pls join a party nd contest d nxt electn

23 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by theoctopus: 12:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
pechiko: pls tell me what is glorious about this hand over, is it the fact that Jonathan didn't pay PHCN workers?

What is glorious about it is that it shuts up ignoramus and haters like you. Did any PHCN worker tell you they were not paid? Yeye carrot! grin

19 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by enigmang: 12:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
pechiko: pls tell me what is glorious about this hand over, is it the fact that Jonathan didn't pay PHCN workers?

You would t see any good thing about it even if it hits you in the eye...

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by pechiko: 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
theoctopus:

What is glorious about it is that it shuts up ignoramus and haters like you. Did any PHCN worker tell you they were not paid? Yeye carrot! grin
I see what u represent by what you say when addressing people, since u only sit at d front of ur NTA to listen to what u want to hear, then u can't learn or hear d truth.

7 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
And how will this make PHCN or NEPA restore power to my house about right now?
undecided
my phone battery is bleeping low.
Make i go put gen jawe
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by theoctopus: 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
pechiko: I see what u represent by what you say when addressing people, since u only sit at d front of ur NTA to listen to what u want to hear, then u can't learn or hear d truth.

See the truth:

https://www.nairaland.com/1459557/apc-mega-scam-length-enemies#18466268

1 Like

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by boron10(m): 12:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
No electricity here
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by theoctopus: 12:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
maxwello.yg:
And how will this make PHCN or NEPA restore power to my house about right now?
undecided
my phone battery is bleeping low.
Make i go put gen jawe

That was what someone said the day MTN and Econet Wireless paid their fee and were handed their certificates. The rest is history!

7 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by pechiko: 12:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
enigmang:

You would t see any good thing about it even if it hits you in the eye...
oh! I see how it hits u in d eye, ask yourself who the investors are and their work plan in the next 2yrs to achieve uninterrupted power supply.

4 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by pechiko: 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
ikwere militant: bad belle if u dont lyk gejs work pls join a party nd contest d nxt electn
oh! Militant,can't u remember that late Yaradua saved ur soul from wasting away when he started paying you salary for your idleness, is Jonathan owing u now or not? If u don't know, I am one of d ppl that can say it any day,anytime that privatisation of PHCN is d way 4wrd cos PHCN is d most corrupt organisation in Nigeria, so if GEJ will privatise let him pay them to allow peace to reign. Hope u know that PHCN is on strike now?

7 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
theoctopus:

That was what someone said the day MTN and Econet Wireless paid their fee and were handed their certificates. The rest is history!
you think una sweet mouth go work on me? because mtn nd econet worked does not guarantee phcn will.
Make we c results first.
What if you celebrate and dance skelewu much as u want, just to witness no power supply for 3months?
Abeg johr., u no sabi weytin pesin dey take for nepa hand

1 Like

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by FrankC3: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
pechiko: oh! Militant,can't u remember that late Yaradua saved ur soul from wasting away when he started paying you salary for your idleness, is Jonathan owing u now or not? If u don't know, I am one of d ppl that can say it any day,anytime that privatisation of PHCN is d way 4wrd cos PHCN is d most corrupt organisation in Nigeria, so if GEJ will privatise let him pay them to allow peace to reign. Hope u know that PHCN is on strike now?

Why exactly should a normal Nigerian be bitter at the news of FG handover of PHCN to private inverstors after a more than 90% succesful privatisation process? I don't just get it. This PHCN strike you are talking about, will there really still be PHCN by the time it starts on October 2?

I think it will be better if you share exactly why you are not happy at this news to the extent of attempting to douse the implication. After the handover today, the successor companies will kick in to restructure the DISCOs and GENCOs for more efficient service delivery and I think that should be more important to any one that wishes Nigeria well.

For the sake of information, PHCN as we know it is functionally dead. They are being officially sent packing today and the corporate entity called PHCN will disappear after Mr President's handover. When that happens, EMS will be pronouced on the advice of NERC to the Minister of Power and their (EMS) job will be majorly the certification of electricity equipments among other ancilliary support services, no more a main service. The implication is that SON may not just be incharge of the certification of for example, the electric cables anymore but EMS.

To understand exactly where we are in this privatization landscape, please, hear from the Minister here:
http://leadership.ng/news/110913/phcn-ceases-exist-few-weeks-nebo

If you can purchase researched works like the below, you will understand better what you are dealing with here. This is not just a goat meat pepper soup issue, but a very complex, well thought out policy that is so far recording almost 100% success. Now, let me state that non payment of few of the old PHCN workers as at today could reduce the success margin by not more than 5%, and a 95% success in power sector transformation target by any government any where in the world is a huge record.
http://www.hbs.edu/faculty/Pages/item.aspx?num=43266

12 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Fishout(m): 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
Thanks God, Praise d God!!!!.......................

1 Like

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Effwazobia: 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2013

Geeeze, so you wan tell me that you no see anything glorious about this handover?

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Dygeasy(m): 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
I Hope This Will Signal The END Of The TIME Of THINGS Like Blackout! grin

1 Like

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by shachris02: 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
FG should do whatever it deems appropriate, to make sure the current tempo in the power sector is surpassed.

Make sure to check the trending topic.

#TeamSexkillzMustGo
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by taharqa: 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
September 30th, 2013- a DATE to be much remembered in this country's history....a new Dawn begins #estatic

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Nikapetrelli(f): 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
I care less about whom u hand it over to,D koko be say make d power supply be uninterrupted!!!
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Effwazobia: 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
maxwello.yg:
you think una sweet mouth go work on me? because mtn nd econet worked does not guarantee phcn will.
Make we c results first.
What if you celebrate and dance skelewu much as u want, just to witness no power supply for 3months?
Abeg johr., u no sabi weytin pesin dey take for nepa hand

I just don't get it, so your point is that privatization should not take place, but rather lets remain in darkness with PHCN? My brother, this much we do know, NEPA is not working for anybody in 9ja. So what da heck, let's try something else. Anyway, you sound like one of them generator dealers

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by smart134: 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
I tnk God 4 d change joor! As me..we dnt hav lite 4 1 month bt we ar to pay bill of 14kk...phcn bad belle...as come to an end! Time to rock EMS!!
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
I give thanks to Almighty God for making it possible for some of us to see this day. Posterity will be kind to this govt led by GEJ and ALL the Sincere 9gerians that supported him all the way to SUCCEED. Posterity will judge all those who played one role or the other to undermine this govt and our country at this time.

For now, I can only shout FRESH AIR!

8 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Nwoka(m): 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
First step to Mt.great heights..... privatization is the only way forward in Nigeria.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by KingOfNairaland: 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
:-
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Fkforyou(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
Good news....but we no get light over here for the past 2days.. angry
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
Fresh Hurricane, Electricity Privatization remains the best way for 247 power supply in Nigeria. 247 Power Supply

1 Like

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Omooba77: 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
theoctopus:

You are right, people will always be negative, but when it works they will turn around to celebrate the success story............................. God bless GEJ, God bless FGN!!!!!
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
Great deeds can only be achieved by great men.....

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Codedrock(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
Warefa.. ALL WE ARE SAYING.. IS GIVE US GOOD LIGHT..! Guys Join Me With The Chorus by liking.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner / Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs / Osun: Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking To Void Ademola Adeleke’s Candidacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.