Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ (6859 Views)

Mohammed Adoke Recommends CCT Chairman’s Removal, Prosecution - Thisday / New Facts Show President Jonathan’s Age Falsification / PDP Takes Over Adoke Amasiemeka Stadium Rivers State (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by hugafella(m): 8:39am On Oct 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Cross River has landmass that can accommodate everyone in Lagos and Ogun State, yet the landmass is virtually uninhabited, they should relocate the people and rehabilitate them. Such programs are going on in China where whole villages are moved to newly built counties. That is what they should demand from the FGN if their interest was not oil. There is no reason why one person should die in a communal fight. The Cosmic, created a free universe, man puts boundaries.
may your kindred never be sold away to another country and lose their ancestral land forever.
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by mrperfect(m): 8:40am On Oct 10, 2012
The way I'm seeing this issue, this case may no end just like that.
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Demdem(m): 8:41am On Oct 10, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: Bakassi must not accept dis injustice. OBJ AND GEJ have set in motion events leading to the disintegration of Nigeria.

And GEJ is about to nail it to perpetuity if he refuses to appeal. thats the fact.
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:43am On Oct 10, 2012
Demdem:

And GEJ is about to nail it to perpetuity if he refuses to appeal. thats the fact.
Seconded.
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Demdem(m): 8:44am On Oct 10, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: With everyday dat goes by, I am less and less convinced GEJ was the best choice for President. If not all dis terrorism in the North dat Buhari is blamed for, I will right now start campaigning for Buhari Presidency.

It is never about tribe with Bliss4lyfe but reason and promise of a better Nigeria. GEJ so far has gone off track and lost focus. GEJ does not recognize Nigerians as the people who voted for him but think it is the ICJ and UN. i DEY LAUGH O

And u should know by now that the General has nothing to do with the terrorism going on. people just like misusing their mouth. Its a free world afterall
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Foxybone(m): 8:44am On Oct 10, 2012
FOR THE UNIPORT VICTIMS OF CIRCUMSTANCE

When you dey cross road, watch am
You fit go journey, to return no dey
If you dey vex with yourself, siddon think
Those wey dey happy still dey die
If your friend do you bad thing, forgive am
Friends na for rainy days, no be for now
If your heart dey pain you, forget am
Happiness na for only fairy tales e dey exist
Even the sun and moon no dey happy
That why dem comot for different times

I been think say humans no be animals
I no know say their tail just wide like nyash
I been think say barbarism na for only Middle-East
I no know say e go come South-south
If them tell me say to die na sweet thing
Say I go rest in peace after I breath my last
I go use thunder swear for that person
What if I die agonizing death
When no be motor jam me die, or water swallow me
When na my fellow humans kill me

My video don go viral
Tears and regret dey my heart as I dey watch
Wetin make I no just chill that morning
I even wake up with emptiness for my chest
Why e be say I no branch Mama Aina place
Take early morning palmy take forget things
Why e be say I dey see my future bright
Yet na for close to my prime I die waka
Baba God, na you be my mediator
Fight my course, no let others fight for me

When crossing the road, watch
Life is a journey that ends at various stops
Yours might be on the road
Then the world will watch helplessly and say
“Alas, death is a bad farmer”
When crossing the road, watch
For you might never return that same way
Destiny is a map that preludes you
It is your footstep that takes you there

MY HEART WEEPS FOR THEM ALL
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Jalal(m): 8:49am On Oct 10, 2012
Haba dey had 10yrs to appeal bt waited till d last 48hrs! Evn if dey jst got d latest info recently, dey wud av appealed long ago nd updated their evidence. Firebrigade approach smh!
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by EzePromoe: 8:51am On Oct 10, 2012
I don't see any reason for you to blame GEJ when Gowon and OBJ are still alive
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by highlandre(m): 8:52am On Oct 10, 2012
I commiserate with the people of Bakassi, but sincerely, I think FG's decision not to appeal the 2012 judgment may have been based on a critical assessment of what Nigeria stands to lose should the appeal lack clear-cut merit. Since the people of Bakassi are Nigerians, any reasonable government would not disembark on reclaiming the territory provided there is enough facts to do so.

Let's not blame GEj for not pursuing an appeal of the judgement; damage was done to the case during the 'Green-Tree' agreement. However, President Jonathan should ensure that these Bakassi people are not left to their fate, as spirited effort must be made to re-integrate them into the Nigerian society, whilst making available welfare packages to cushion the gross effects of their loss.

1 Like

Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by betrani(m): 8:53am On Oct 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Cross River has landmass that can accommodate everyone in Lagos and Ogun State, yet the landmass is virtually uninhabited, they should relocate the people and rehabilitate them. Such programs are going on in China where whole villages are moved to newly built counties. That is what they should demand from the FGN if their interest was not oil. There is no reason why one person should die in a communal fight. The Cosmic, created a free universe, man puts boundaries.
That is in no way possible in nigeria! anything that is of no direct interest as well benefit to these criminal politicians in this country would stall! I pity my state! first it was the ceding of this bakassi, later came the seizure of 76 oil wells, then the final collection of bakassi by cameroon! these bunch of fools in government have completely destroyed the state! even the much hyped TINAPA business resort is now a monument, our yoruba brothers are scared of loosing lagos "economic status" hence the keep preventing discentralization of the port strength! they have connived with powers that be to rip the state and other south south states of that ambition and the fools down south have refused to see this for themselves I pity them! What china is doing is succeeding because the are people who care about the lives of their citizenry! not a country like nigeria!
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by PosCaricature: 8:57am On Oct 10, 2012
Why are we shifting the blame to GEJ in this case? Bakassi was ceded to Cameroun ten years ago when OBJ was the president. Why not challenge the ICJ immediately then? Why the fire brigade approach now that the period of grace is almost elapsed? Every concerned Nigerian should hold OBJ responsible for this laxity & not GEJ. I am not holding brief for GEJ though.
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:07am On Oct 10, 2012
Demdem:

And u should know by now that the General has nothing to do with the terrorism going on. people just like misusing their mouth. Its a free world afterall

When the Northern Muslim were ruling Nigeria, at least we had a National Airline and Bakassi was Nigeria territory. These other groups dat want the Presidency are not upright and very twisted.

How can any President of Nigeria sell our National Pride, Airline and territory. No Northern Muslim leader would do such. Abacha was prepared to go to War with even Britain and America over Nigeria Airways and Cameroon over Bakassi.
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by betrani(m): 9:07am On Oct 10, 2012
highlandre: I commiserate with the people of Bakassi, but sincerely, I think FG's decision not to appeal the 2012 judgment may have been based on a critical assessment of what Nigeria stands to lose should the appeal lack clear-cut merit. Since the people of Bakassi are Nigerians, any reasonable government would not disembark on reclaiming the territory provided there is enough facts to do so.

Let's not blame GEj for not pursuing an appeal of the judgement; damage was done to the case during the 'Green-Tree' agreement. However, President Jonathan should ensure that these Bakassi people are not left to their fate, as spirited effort must be made to re-integrate them into the Nigerian society, whilst making available welfare packages to cushion the gross effects of their loss.

what does nigeria stand to lose? the fact that we have been tagged criminals, dubes, thieves, 419ners, cun-men, ritualists, terrorists, assassins, armed-bandits, cowards, corrupt, etc is enough to hadden us. we should for once accept whatever names they call us! because even after a small good out of this country we are still not appreciated! I wish I had putin's, chavez's, ahmadinajad's, etc heart they really won't like nigeria! the worse they can do is go into the skies and kill innocent citizens as in afghanistan, iraq, hiroshima, nagasaki et al! we shouldn't claim to be good people when people have already labelled us bad! afterall it is still these same african countries we pity and do good for that stab us behind at the end of the day! when would we learn this fact; that no one gives a damn about us or our goodness! countries struggle to hold onto what they have got, we jubilate dashing out the little we have which impact is not even felt by the common man in nigeria! I'm beginning to think that the best rule this country ever had was that of the military! it isn't just about bakassi; check our sports sector, every thing has gone kaput because these criminal civilians are only greedy and stick to what favors them and their families alone! we go see o! this nonsense is goin to stop someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Demdem(m): 9:18am On Oct 10, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

When the Northern Muslim were ruling Nigeria, at least we had a National Airline and Bakassi was Nigeria territory. These other groups dat want the Presidency are not upright and very twisted.

How can any President of Nigeria sell our National Pride, Airline and territory. No Northern Muslim leader would do such. Abacha was prepared to go to War with even Britain and America over Nigeria Airways and Cameroon over Bakassi.

So u are basically saying that we are better off with a northern leader right undecided undecided
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by drnoel: 9:27am On Oct 10, 2012
Ok this one has been pushed under the table like always done in Nigeria. I wonder what is next 4 the Bakassi people. Pls someone should move to the next matters arising...
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:29am On Oct 10, 2012
Demdem:

So u are basically saying that we are better off with a northern leader right undecided undecided

If OBJ and GEJ are a representative of what the west and south have to offer, then Yes. Still, will like to see the middle-belt and East. Right now, we miss those strong Northern leaders Nigeria use to have.
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Michrach: 9:45am On Oct 10, 2012
emenim: Concerning the bakassi matter, i think they should just call on the former heads of state who ceded out that part to the cameronians let them explain themselves and possible way to get it back
hello!! We only have till midnight, water time do they have to do all those thing u are saying.
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Demdem(m): 9:46am On Oct 10, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

If OBJ and GEJ are a representative of what the west and south have to offer, then Yes. Still, will like to see the middle-belt and East. Right now, we miss those strong Northern leaders Nigeria use to have.

I feel u.
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by jamil2(m): 9:47am On Oct 10, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by 1025: 10:32am On Oct 10, 2012
they never see anything yet. by the time joe finish with them, they will understand
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Sedar(m): 10:47am On Oct 10, 2012
Do u thing if its US this will not happen! because they fight for the right of their citizen! We voted him dir to take responsebility n represent us in any case that might arise. Dose it mean that Gej can not protect its. Citizen right in terms of troble or war? Is he scared of war? For God sake urr ther commander chief of arm forces.he allow people to make deciesion for him that's wrong! What is the courageious art that Gej has taken since he came in to power? Let's be hornest to our self.
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by fm7070: 11:02am On Oct 10, 2012
Why is GEJ blamed for what happened 10years ago?
These Senate / Reps are just bunch of toothless bulldogs and hypocrites.
How many of them could raise such against OBJ during his tenure.
They waited 10 good years and now making senseless noise when the whole thing is getting late already
I only feel for the people of Bakassi who does not even know the exact place they belong to right now.
Still, they have someone representing them in the Senate. What exactly is he still doing there?
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Demdem(m): 11:04am On Oct 10, 2012
Sedar: Do u thing if its US this will not happen! because they fight for the right of their citizen! We voted him dir to take responsebility n represent us in any case that might arise. Dose it mean that Gej can not protect its. Citizen right in terms of troble or war? Is he scared of war? For God sake urr ther commander chief of arm forces.he allow people to make deciesion for him that's wrong! What is the courageious art that Gej has taken since he came in to power? Let's be hornest to our self.

Actually the C-In-C is more interested in Nigeria's international standing when/If he appeals than the people itself. It shows u where his loyalty lies.
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 10, 2012
Just finished soaking G. . . .let us subject the presidential villa to G only for a whole month (im head go correct)
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by pssword: 11:54am On Oct 10, 2012
Why is this only being discussed last minute?
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Wsdm: 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2012
That is the more reason why we should throw sentiment away and always vote for the right person. If he could behave this way to his own region , you can now see what the rest of us are passing through in the other parts of the country. If there is no other option, you better calm down and negotiate a better option with your new country( Cameroun). Best of luck.
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by bigmaut: 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2012
It is long over due,d NASS shuld kick him out,he swore an oath 2 defence every inch of nigerialand,an empty seat will even perform better angry angry angry
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Goodbishop: 12:33pm On Oct 10, 2012
This our country na wa o☺oº˚˚˚ cant something be done τ̅☺ help our Bakassi people, Let chase away Τ̅Ђè wild cat before we blame Τ̅Ђè hen for wildering. Obasanjo aήð Τ̅Ђè rest aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ τ̅☺ be blame but let help Τ̅Ђè people 1st b4 we turn our blame light on them.
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Dede1(m): 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2012
It will be nice if the Efik should read the bold hand writing on the wall.
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Werehkpe: 1:16pm On Oct 10, 2012
This is the MOST IRRESPONSIBLE GOVT i have ever heard of or seen.

U have 10 (TEN) years to prepare an appeal then at the last minute you shout "NO TIME". Rather pathetic and lame excuse for an ineffective govt

IF GEJ gave a directive to prepare an appeal. I think it should be followed to the letter. If it is not, then it means his subjects do not respect him and he has NO control over those he appoints. A weak president.

But things i do not understand are
(1) Falana claims the Nigerian government pays monthly allocations to the Bakasi people (who also claim they are Nigerians). So who is collecting these monies? Or does the govt pay the money to the Cameroonian govt? There MUST account for all these monies too then.

(2) Why did Cameroon not raise any issue during the Nigerian military regimes. I recall Abacha ordering troops there to secure the land and ordered "shoot anything there even if it is a fly carrying a Cameroonian flag". why dint Cameroon say a thing then? The obvious reason to me is dat Abacha was a ruthless leader (like any other military ruler). Very unlike the WEAK sorry ULTRA WEAK president u have now.

Such a land will not be given up by USA or Britain when they know it has oil. The Falkland island off the coast of Argentina is a good point of reference here.

But Ita-Giwa is also a major culprit in this whole affair. I suspect she has collected money (when she was in charge of the Bakassi affair under Obasanjo) to "sell" Bakassi to Cameroon. Knowlingly OR unknowlingly

Again, i wont be surprised if the French and British have simply used us to play tapaleh (draughts). The British just perhaps compensating the French by making Nigeria foolishly give Cameroon (Franco-phone country) Bakassi.

Well, like I ALWAYS say, and like Festus Keyamo, Fela Anikulapo, said WE MUST MAKE THESE LEGISLATORS ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS even if it means mass riots and protest.

When u think of the fact that the Bakassi people are claiming Nigeria and the Federal Govt is denying them, I am forced to agree with the Ibos, Ojukwu and the Biafra state breakaway. after all if the country called Nigeria cant protect you or fight for your interest then why should you remain a part of it.

Such actions by the Fed Govt only sends out a wrong signal to different ethnic groups who may become agitated to break away especially at a time when the polity is getting tense

1 Like

Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by jmaine: 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2012
The CRS government were unconcerned about Bakassi until when they lost their 76 oil well and their designation of as an oil producing State . . .

Who are they trying to deceive by forcing the FG into an hasty appeal that might embarrass her considering the deep underlying international politics . . .
Re: Bakassi: C-river Challenges Adoke, Says ‘we Presented New Facts’ by Twoboys: 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2012
I must admit that the Bakassi saga is most unfortunate and i sympathsize with all nigerians in general and the people of Bakassi in particular. However, the truth be told that a lot of emotions are understandbly going with this and most of our actions and reactions have been driven by emotions. This is a legal matter now and the critical decisions required to be made by our leaders MUST be legally informed and viable. Am not a legal person and as such can not take a view, but am sure if this was a personal matter i will be seeking legal advise with the pro and con fully understood after which the right decision, not political or emotional decision would be made.If such legal advice to the government has been convincily against an appeal, then all efforts, time,money and other resources should rather be dedicated to re-settling our people in a decent and befitting environment. Other meaningful alternative would be dialogue with cameroun as to getting the rights of our people protected.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidential Media Chart: Buhari A Bag Of Incompetence / There Are Yorubas, Hausa's In South South / The 7 Untouchable People In Nigeria ~ Pastor Enoch Adeboye.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.