Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,171 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

If Nigeria Should Be Divided? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Should Be Divided? (1456 Views)

b / Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? / Should Nigeria Be Divided? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Nigeria Should Be Divided? by Dahbutter(m): 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2012
Years after the amalgamation of our great nation, it is quite sad that we have not reached where we want to go yet. Today its becoming a popular opinion that Nigeria should be divided. Especially now that many regions are beginning to discover newer minerals and sources of wealth to ensure their prosperity.

My questions hence are as follows:
1. If we divide, which people would likely be most self sufficient and what's their major resource.
2. What happens to the people with investments and major assets in other regions from theirs?
3. Which peoples or tribe are agreeable with each other and would likely to go together.
4. What would happen to our lingua-franca English language and how will our education be affected?
5.Which peoples overall do u think would fare best in their new country politically, socially and economically and financially

Let's discuss
Re: If Nigeria Should Be Divided? by Callotti: 2:28pm On Oct 10, 2012
1. None. Given that the average Nigerian is 'disgustingly' lazy!
2. The same thing happening now. Churches will be burned. . .schools will be torched. Not to mention businesses.
3. None. . . there is no trust amongst Nigerians. Dividing will only MULTIPLY the AGRESSION AND ACRIMONY. Who controls the 'OIL'?
4. English is always going to be the Nigerian Lingua Franca. . .it is the ONLY written language of any institution. A Divided Nigeria will not change that.
5. None. . .only in 419. . . .and the winners are? kiss
Re: If Nigeria Should Be Divided? by geeez: 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2012
The Yoruba nation will revert to their progressive regional self where they were at least a hundred years ahead of other regions.
Re: If Nigeria Should Be Divided? by Dahbutter(m): 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2012
Callotti: 1. None. Given that the average Nigerian is 'disgustingly' lazy!
2. The same thing happening now. Churches will be burned. . .schools will be torched. Not to mention businesses.
3. None. . . there is not trust amongst Nigerians. Dividing will only MULTIPLY the AGRESSION AND ACRIMONY. Who controls the 'OIL'?

I don't agree that Nigerians are all lazy, I believe that they have not lived up to their potential because of the easy way out- oil, u need to go to aba, areas in Lagos, kano, Abuja, PH etc. to see some real hardworking hustling Nigerians not waiting on oil

I fear that ur no. 2 point mighht happen or properties might be unfairly confisicated by citizens of the new country if this division happens.

Why do you think so in no. 3 point, aren't ibibios and Ekweres as well as Calaabar and Deltans willing to go with the Ibos in their new Biafra?
Re: If Nigeria Should Be Divided? by Callotti: 4:07pm On Oct 10, 2012
Dahbutter:

I don't agree that Nigerians are all lazy, I believe that they have not lived up to their potential because of the easy way out- oil, u need to go to aba, areas in Lagos, kano, Abuja, PH etc. to see some real hardworking hustling Nigerians not waiting on oil

I fear that ur no. 2 point mighht happen or properties might be unfairly confisicated by citizens of the new country if this division happens.

Why do you think so in no. 3 point, aren't ibibios and Ekweres as well as Calaabar and Deltans willing to go with the Ibos in their new Biafra?

May I remind you that Nigeria is NOT the only country with easy way-out oil. As for your hard-working hustlers. . . .the reason the white race is superior. . .and will always be superior to the black race is the use of technological advancement. . . not MANUAL LABOR! How hard are these workers. . .when majority of them have an IQ equivalent to that of a praying-manthis? kiss

Yes! My number 2 is spot-on. There is freedom on the www. . .but you can't get along. History will always repeat itself. . . .be prepared to have some 'sell-outs' when the less powerful team against the most dominant. The Nigerian civil war is still fresh. . .with lots of lessons to be learned. Dont' forget the backing of the outside world.

No one is going anywhere with the IGBOS. . .that is if he or she had the 'slightest functioning' brain-matter. We all know that is the LAST ethnic group anyone will pitch even a tattered tent with! Hell NO! kiss They do not make the most courteous neighbours for one. . .and they are downright conniving and full of intrigues. . . NEVER TO BE TRUSTED. kiss

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Tops Average Billionaire Net Worth Index / NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC By Dr Ahmad Gummi / Advice On How To Reform The Nigerian Police From A Nigerian In Spain - Excerpt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.