Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Should Nigeria Be Divided? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigeria Be Divided? (28799 Views)

b / Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? / NNPC To Be Divided Into Five Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Go Down)

Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 12:32am On Sep 14, 2008
Republic of Biafra - http://www. - Gigantic Movement for the Independence of an Igbo Country

Republic of Oduduwa - http://www.geocities.com/yorubacountry/history.html - Slight Movement for the Independence of a Yoruba Country

Arewa Emirates - Nothing

Unity of Nigeria is not going to work, and I am just sighting a very bloody future if Nigeria is not divided now, anything can happen in the future, If the said unity is there, issues of power sharing, revenue allocation, will not rise.

I am from the North, but I heard that northern leaders are meeting in case 'Yar adua die, the election should be cancel to avoid Goodluck becoming the President, I am really Sad to hear this, and this should not continue like this,  I think all major Nigerian ethnic groups (Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo) should each rule their people,  I'm afraid of Nigeria's future if action is not taken now.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by QuotaSyste(m): 1:05am On Sep 14, 2008
You have spoken well. Even the unborn ones knows that the luggard's cage called nigga-area is not working. Each group should go their own separate ways and take their destinies into their own hands. Groups that felt they are too small to form their own country (remember there are countries with less than 100,000 people) should negotiate with any group of their choice and join them base on mutual understanding and cooperation. Hausa/fulanis knows well that the cage is not working, but they are only interested in the union because of the oil of the Niger Deltans, hence doing all their best to keep everybody down with them while benefiting from the oil.
Yorubas? I don't know what to use to qualify them. I have never seen cowards and chameleons like those people. Never to be trusted, going by history. As huge as they are in population and claims to be widely educated, (man power advantage) yet are even afraid more than the Ijaws to go it alone and form their own country and manage what ever they have by themselves. (What are they fearing? You will never know)
Everyone knows that as things are right now in the cage called nigeria, it will benefit all the different groups to go their separate ways as that will encourage competition amongst the various new created countries vying for who will be better than the other to prove "didn't we told you" Igbos saw this present mess more than 40 years ago and tried to break away, but the rest of nigerians (saboteurs) conspired and assisted the hausa/fulanis to keep Igbos intact in this visionless God forsaken country. MEND group are trying and should be encouraged to go more extreme because no other group will be ready/willing to help the hausa/fulanis hold them back. UP MEND.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 1:24am On Sep 14, 2008
QuotaSyste:

Everyone knows that as things are right now in the cage called nigeria, it will benefit all the different groups to go their separate ways as that will encourage competition amongst the various new created countries vying for who will be better than the other to prove "didn't we told you"

Yes!, That is what I want our people to understand, we will have a great future if we are separate, because we will be competing with each other to be more developed than the other, and in this way, everyone will be at least better than the present state, and no one will blame each one. The future will be better if we are separate living peacefully alongside each other.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by RibaduFan(m): 1:39am On Sep 14, 2008
@quotasyste

When I say You re a bloody bigot, u say no. Listen to yourself - Yorubas are cowards. How on God's earth are the Igbos more courageous than the Yorubas, by fighting a senseless war and destroying everything their progenitors worked hard for?

Look my friend a coward in this time and age is one that refuses to dialogue and refuses to see things from a different perceptive. And if am to go by this u re the worst coward have come across in my entire life. Look at the way the Yorubas handled the June 12 saga, what more can be more courageous than that. The benefits of that courageous and decisive action is still being reaped by millions of them. Think of what would have happened if they had declared war on the rest of the country. 

"Most times we stand in the house of the coward (wise) and point at the ruins of the house of a courageous (foolish) man"  - IGBO Proverb

Think my dear.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by QuotaSyste(m): 2:22am On Sep 14, 2008
yemmyse:

@quotasyste

When I say You re a bloody bigot, u say no. Listen to yourself - Yorubas are cowards. How on God's earth are the Igbos more courageous than the Yorubas, by fighting a senseless war and destroying everything their progenitors worked hard for?

Look my friend a coward in this time and age is one that refuses to dialogue and refuses to see things from a different perceptive. And if am to go by this u re the worst coward have come across in my entire life. Look at the way the Yorubas handled the June 12 saga, what more can be more courageous than that. The benefits of that courageous and decisive action is still being reaped by millions of them. Think of what would have happened if they had declared war on the rest of the country.

"Most times we stand in the house of the coward (wise) and point at the ruins of the house of a courageous (foolish) man" - IGBO Proverb

Think my dear.

Nothing you or anyone else, yoruba precisely will write here will renegade the fact that you people are the biggest of all cowards. You can rant from today until i don't know when, the fact will never change. The whole groups in nigeria already knows that you have this trait. Yes, Igbos are courageous and they fought a necessary and nigeria's provoked war. Up till this point, all you knew about the war was that the Igbos wanted to break away from nigeria and nigeria won the war. Isn't it? Go and do your research about the war and after doing your research, you must thank and congratulate the Igbos for been courageous and determined enough to wage a war that was necessary for their future happiness against all odds. There is nothing wrong with a people standing up against what they consider as oppression just like MEND are courageously doing today.

God helped you people that Abacha died, cause you wouldn't have smell any presidency until now. Stop making mouth about June 12, after all, after the incarceration of Abiola, none of you did anything until Abacha died. How many years is in between june 12 when Abiola was denied his won election and the very year that Abacha died? Go figure. Why didn't you make noise within all those years when Abacha was preparing for his life presidency? Had Abacha not died, he would have won the election that he was preparing for then and knowing your group as the cowards you are, you will only shout your "mgbati mgbati" and finally go and chill down. (try engaging a yoruba person in fight in Lagos. lol. He will shout and talk more than you, pull off his shirt, roll up his trousers, attract many onlookers, but when it's set for the fight, he will back off from the fight out of fear) me and you know this very well. 95% of your people does this.

About negotiation? It is on record that an accord was reached at Aburi Ghana (you can google it and educate yourself more), but on arrival back to nigeria, instead of implementing the Aburi agreement, it was nigeria that back down and reneged on the accord. Sorry, Biafrans don't believe in injustice and what else do you want us to negotiate after nigeria's renegade on Aburi? We don't waste time with idiots. Our Eastern assembly quickly sat together on consultation and decided and gave Ojukwu the necessary go ahead order to declare Biafra. Nigeria came for war and we gave it to them, dose of it for 3 good long years. Remove Britain, Russia, Egypt and Sudan from the equation and we would have dealt with you nigerians and by today all of you would have become our slaves. Continue thanking Britain for the life you are living today. You know how we Biafrans roll.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bawomolo(m): 2:36am On Sep 14, 2008

About negotiation? It is on record that an accord was reached at Aburi Ghana (you can google it and educate yourself more), but on arrival back to nigeria, instead of implementing the Aburi agreement, it was nigeria that back down and reneged on the accord

both sides violated the Aburi accord, didn't the eastern regional government acquire weapons too. ojukwu had a chance to get a confederation but got greedy.

Our Eastern assembly quickly sat together on consultation and decided and gave Ojukwu the necessary go ahead order to declare Biafra

so biafrans have a right to self-determination but the same biafrans go ahead and annex the midwestern region. what a bunch of hypocrites.

Remove Britain, Russia, Egypt and Sudan from the equation and we would have dealt with you nigerians and by today all of you would have become our slaves

hilarious how this clown doesn't remove france that supported biafra from the equation. remove doctors without broders and the red cross from the equation and you may not exist today. your enyimba enyimba bravado is not fooling anyone

Continue thanking Britain for the life you are living today. You know how we Biafrans roll

have u sent a thank you card to the red cross.

as per the thread, the idea of splitting up nigeria doesn't make sense. which state does the ND area belong to ( biafra or oduduwa). the middle-belt would probably agitate to be let out of the arewa emirate. some nigerians obviously seem to believe there are only 3 ethnic groups and everyone above the river benue is hausa
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by QuotaSyste(m): 3:01am On Sep 14, 2008
both sides violated the Aburi accord, didn't the eastern regional government acquire weapons too. ojukwu had a chance to get a confederation but got greedy.

Ol'boy, stop being lazy. Go google and read the history of Aburi and who renegade on the accord and stop fooling yourself. Tell us how Biafra renegade on what was good for them. It's not enough to open your dirty stinking mouth and say Biafra also renegade. Provide fact because i have the fact that it was only nigeria that renegade on the agreed accord.

so biafrans have a right to self-determination but the same biafrans go ahead and annex the midwestern region. what a bunch of hypocrites.

Yes, Biafrans have a right to self dertermination just as every other group have. Point of correction, Biafra didn't annex anyone's land nor intend to occupy anybody's land. Biafra was on their way to Lagos which was the then capital of nigeria which was fighting agaisnt Biafra. (Yes, all of you nigerians declared war against Biafra and we have the right to march through any part of your country to your capital, but just only to stop you and nothing else) All the shots were being called from Lagos. Midwestern route was the nearest to get quickly to Lagos, seize Lagos and bring about the fall and surrender of nigeria so Biafra can start enjoying their independence.

hilarious how this clown doesn't remove france that supported biafra from the equation. remove doctors without broders and the red cross from the equation and you may not exist today. your enyimba enyimba bravado is not fooling anyone.

Your argument is as dumb as your very self. France never aid Biafra. What happened was that the French parliament were still on section debating wether to help Biafra or not and that was at the last stage of the war, but unfortunately their help never really came. Check your facts before commenting.
When doctors and red cross start to count as military personels, then i will remove them from the equation. Meanwhile, the same doctors and red cros were on both sides helping during the war, so i will remove them on both sides as well together with the British, and we would still have phucked you up for real.

have u sent a thank you card to the red cross.

as per the thread, the idea of splitting up nigeria doesn't make sense. which state does the ND area belong to ( biafra or oduduwa). the middle-belt would probably agitate to be let out of the arewa emirate. some nigerians obviously seem to believe there are only 3 ethnic groups and everyone above the river benue is hausa

Sure it makes sense, but not for the cowards like you and your people. Obviously seem to believe there are only 3 ethnic groups is total hugwash. Who told you that all different groups in Niger delta can not form their different countries of their own? Must you be together? Why do you always want to cling unto others for your survival? Can't you survive on your own as Ijaw, Urhobo, Ishekiri, Bini, Ishan, Isoko, Okpo, Anag/Ibibio, e.t.c ? Havent you seen countries with less than 100,000 population within the united nations?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Lashmo: 3:03am On Sep 14, 2008
Thank you ppeople of our land , the few ones who are unselfish in their thots,but why, because you are not related yaradua nad obasanjo, i mean the people who think nigeria belongs to them, you see this is the problem, some people actually thinks naija is theirs,
Naija will not rest until it divides, they make money from our unity but the populace die in our unity no good roads no police no water no food no job but we sell barells of crude oil everyday where is the money, we dont have light, but the millionaires will not live anywhere but naija, why, they sucking our blood, they aregangsters, se oju lasan ni obasanjo se baiyawo omo e sun ni , ah e ja ki aberu olorun, dont you know that when something is small it is easy to manage,considering the level of inteligence of our polity, pls save nigeria, i still believe the masses should go to the world court, these people are robbing us, let us die so our children could live
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by QuotaSyste(m): 3:25am On Sep 14, 2008
THIS IS A RESPONSE BY ONE OF THE FORUMERS AT www.nigeriavillagesquare.com IT IS A MUST READ FOR EVERY JUSTICE AND PEACE LOVING PEOPLE OF THIS WORLD.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/board/showthread.php?t=76754&page=2

SPECIAL MINISTRY IS JUST ANOTHER BEGINNING OF THE BEGINNING!!! THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!! REMEMBER THAT I TOLD YOU SO IN PART 5&6 OF MY SERIES

Thank you for this post. I completely agree with you. The bone of contention, as I have written in part 6 of my series "How the Niger Deltans can get their freedom: The Action plan!," available on nigeriansinamerica.com is that chronicles of political events in Nigeria have proved beyond any reasonable doubts that THE NORTH CAN NOT BE TRUSTED!!! I am 100% sure that the special ministry of N.D. is another plot by the north and western countries to manipulate these people and the entire south. I am doubly sure that the new proposal is not born out of a sincere desire to ensure that justice reigns, but TO SAVE THEIR OIL/GAS INVESTMENTS, which are obviously lopsided deals to Nigeria. I have no doubts in my mind that 'it's going to be business as usual. The bitter truth is that Yaradua has NO CONCRETE PLAN FOR THE NIGER DELTA otherwise he would not had started with a summit and quickly take another You-turn to propose a special ministry. He is just carrying out the agenda of his western colonial masters - who are controlling him behind the curtains.

I appreciate Mr. Abati's efforts and time in writing on this volatile topic, at the same time, I want to make it clear that MY OPINION IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM HIS. There is more to the proposal than Mr. Abati has written. He has only managed to scratch the surface. I want to believe that he is not doing a PR work for anybody.

In addition, the APPROACH OF The federal republic of northern Nigeria IS NOT PROFESSIONAL. I will explain what I mean by this and make my position known in details in part 7 of my series "How the Niger deltans can get their freedom: The action plan! which will be available on nigeriansinamerica.com. I am goin to carry out a THOROUGH/DETAILED ANALYSIS of the new proposal vis a vis INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY, GLOBAL OIL AND GAS MARKETS AND THE PRESENT POLITICAL EVENTS UNFOLDING BETWEEN RUSSIA AND THE UNITED STATES.

All I can say for now is that THE NIGER DELTANS MUST NOT ALLOW YARADUA OR/THE NORTH TO BRIBE OR BUY THEM WITH A FRACTION OF THEIR 'OWN' MONEY. They don't need anybody; including Yaradua, to set up any special ministry for them. All they need to do is to TAKE 'COMPLETE' CONTROL OF THEIR RESOURCES, 'RENEGOTIATE ALL' OIL AND GAS CONTRACTS THAT THE NORTH SIGNED WITH MULTINATIONALS WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT AND PROVIDE FOR THEMSELVES ALL THEY WANT. This is what I refered to as PARETO OPTIMAL in part 5 of my series. THE MILITANTS MUST SEEK FOR NOTHING BUT PARETO OPTIMAL!!! I will tell them how to achieve that in part 7 of my series.

The Niger Delta crisis is yet to reach a stage when the north, Britain and the United States will be on their knees BEGGING THE MILITANTS FOR PEACE 'ON THEIR OWN, I.E. THE MILITANTS' TERMS.' The militants should hold on to their position and not rush to embrace any special ministry. The most interesting proposal/part is yet to come. JUST HOLD ON TO YOUR POSITION. TIME IS ON YOUR SIDE AND IS WORKING IN YOUR FAVOUR. As I have written in part 5&6 of my series THE NORTH AND THE WEST NEED PEACE AND STABILITY MORE IN THE REGION NOW THAN THE INDIGENES BECAUSE THEY HAVE MUCH TO LOOSE. KNOWING THIS FACT IS A STRONG PSYCHOLOGICAL ADVANTAGE FOR THE MILITANTS.

And who is Yaradua by the way to dictate to us or the Niger deltans how they must live or spend their resources. In case we have SHORT MEMORY, then I will like to remind you that Yaradua was not only imposed on us through the worst election ever conducted in the history of Nigeria, but he is equally an INCOMPETENT, CORRUPT, VISIONLESS AND MORALLY BANKRUPT RULER like his predecessors. I wrote about that in part 4 of my series "One Nigeria: To be or not to be?

THIS IS THE BEST TIME TO CORRECT THE HISTORICAL TRAGEDY THE BRITISH FORCED ON US. THERE WILL BE NO OTHER AND BETTER TIME AGAIN! WE NEED TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE ONCE AND FOR ALL! IF WE BLOW IT, COMING GENERATIONS WILL NEVER FORGIVE US! Stay tuned!!!

PEACE IN THE DELTA WILL BE DETERMINED NOT IN THE AIRCONDITIONED SUITS IN ABUJA, BUT IN THE CREEKS - ASARI DOKUBO.

THIS IS JUST THE END OF THE BEGINNING OF ANOTHER BEGINNING!!!
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bawomolo(m): 3:38am On Sep 14, 2008
Tell us how Biafra renegade on what was good for them

didn't the eastern regional government violate the accord by buying weapons? yes or no

Provide fact because i have the fact that it was only nigeria that renegade on the agreed accord.

what facts do u have.

Biafra didn't annex anyone's land nor intend to occupy anybody's land.

i guess the invasion of the midwest didn't happen

With the announcement of Major Okonkwo's appointment as Military Administrator, Midwest, came the imposition of a dusk to dawn curfew and other measures consistent with martial law. Only individuals with passes could move freely at night. The administrative machinery of the civil service was manipulated to empower those who supported the invasion (or were trusted) rather than the traditional seniority based hierarchy. Mr. Agbajor (an Itsekiri police officer who had escaped from a northern hit squad at Makurdi in September 1966) became Chief of Police. Mr. Esedebe (Midwest Ibo) functioned as Head of Service.

Some military officers then persuaded a number of traditional rulers in the Ibo-speaking areas of the state to sign petitions calling for a merger with their "kith and kin" in the east. Local Governments across the board were mandated to donate materials for transportation to Enugu to assist in the War effort. Salt was rationed because of its presumably more important use as a raw material for explosives. Because of the cutoff of northern sources of cattle, meat became scarce. Shortages of other essential commodities also developed. As might be expected, not everyone was equally affected by the shortages, creating yet another sore point (among many) for ethnic resentment.

Outright molestation, harassment and killing of non-Ibo civilians occurred on a daily basis. At night "suspected saboteurs" were fished out of their homes and arrested. The Hausa community in the Lagos street area of Benin and other parts of the state were targeted for particularly savage treatment, in part a reprisal for the pogroms of 1966, but also out of security concerns that they would naturally harbor sympathies for the regime in Lagos. But non-Hausas were just as badly treated. And as the hostility of the local population became more intense, so did the degree of indiscrete brutality for "internal security". Non-Ibo alumni of St. Patrick's College, Asaba and Government College, Ughelli, found to their chagrin that old school ties meant nothing in the new dispensation (17).

Radio broadcasts "educated" the public about the role of 'gallant' Biafran troops who had only come to liberate them from the "bondage of the feudal Hausa-Fulani oligarchy". An economic cooperation agreement was announced between the 'independent' states of Biafra and the Midwest. The truth, though, was that Ojukwu retained authority to approve all expenditures made by the Okonkwo regime and it was not until September 13th that normal postal, telephone and telegraphic services between Biafra and the Midwest were resumed (15). Counter-propaganda was indeed launched by federal radio, which appealed to the citizens of the state for loyalty and cooperation.

In this atmosphere, civil resistance and disobedience germinated, predominantly among non-Ibos. But a few Midwest Ibo-speaking soldiers and civilians did become leery about the invasion and felt the 'interference' from "across the Niger" was getting out of hand. On the other side of this opinion divide was the powerful, so-called "Enugu clique", eager to share in the destiny of the corporate Ibo nation (14). Such ambiguous sensitivities and antipathies within and between "western" and "eastern" Ibos have always existed. Long after the civil war, for example, it even affected negotiations about the creation of a proposed Anioma state (18).

Midwestern route was the nearest to get quickly to Lagos, seize Lagos and bring about the fall and surrender of nigeria so Biafra can start enjoying their independence.

u'd think an ill equipped army would be more concerned about defense than offense. trying to seize lagos was a dumb move considering the biafrans need the western region to support their cause. oil tapping during the war showed that the eastern region had it's eye on the oil fields of niger delta

Your argument is as dumb as your very self. France never aid Biafra.

doctors without borders was created by the french, also where did all those weapons from gabon come from? the sky?

Perhaps the most important single reason for battered Biafra's continuing survival against the attacks of the Nigerian Federal Army is a steady infusion of French military aid. Although the French will not acknowledge their role, one of the worst-kept secrets of the war is the fact that armaments are flown into the secessionist state almost nightly from two former French colonies, Gabon and the Ivory Coast. Hard proof of responsibility for the arms lift, however, is hard to come by, as TIME Correspondent James Wilde reported from the Gabonese capital of Libreville:

EVERYBODY in this shabby capital knows about it, but few will talk. The unmarked planes, however, are there for all to see: four DC-4s, three DC-3s and a single Constellation, parked on the palm-lined seaside tarmac. Patient research shows that the aircraft have varied registration—French, German, Belgian, Zambian, Biafran and Gabonese. Each afternoon, three or four planes taxi to the nearby military airfield for loading, then take off for Biafra at 6 p.m. sharp. They return around midnight, after the 900-mile round trip. Just as predictable as the flights is the black Citroen, owned by the French security police, that follows me to the strip.

we would still have phucked you up for real

delusion grandeur, the only reason the enyimba boys advanced through the midwest was because it was agreed that no northern soldiers be allowed in the midwest region before the war.  the midwestern region was lightly guided and gave ojukwu the opportunity to strike.  a British trained army vs an army made up mostly paramilitary was a mismatch. the idea of a blockaded eastern region defeating the nigerian army is hilarious.  poor deluded soul

Who told you that all different groups in Niger delta can not form their different countries of their own?

i sure hope not to see the day local governments become countries.

Why do you always want to cling unto others for your survival?

because codependence of the ethnic groups would benefit all. isn't that why the US is a great country.  

Havent you seen countries with less than 100,000 population within the united nations

and how prosperous are those countries,  those countries are usually dependent on a larger nation for support.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by redsun(m): 4:08am On Sep 14, 2008
Of course nigeria division is inevitable.Necessity is the order of the day.Purpose.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by QuotaSyste(m): 5:07am On Sep 14, 2008
didn't the eastern regional government violate the accord by buying weapons? yes or no
It's seems you are lazy to read up history, but prefered to come back with yoru retorts. How does buying weapon go against the Aburi accord? Can you enlighting us please?

what facts do u have.

Since you are too lazy to teach yourself simple thing instead of relying on rumours and propaganda, i will leave you with this clue below and urge you to seek moe know on the Aburi accord and who renegade on it between Gowon and Ojukwu.

For long, however, his suggestions were treated with levity by Lt.-Col. Gowon, but eventually it was unanimously agreed that the meeting should hold outside Nigeria.

Nigeria represented by Gowon and Biafra by Ojukwu went off to Aburi, Ghana to see if there was anything to salvage before Nigeria is consumed by the mistrust and break down of law and order that encapsulated the nation then. In Aburi, an accord was reached and communiqué issued and war was then as good as averted. Then Gowon came back from Aburi meeting and decided to renegade on the accord and agreements signed in Ghana because the bureaucrats then in Lagos (who were mostly Yorubas) told him that he signed away too much to the Igbos and that he allowed Ojukwu to deceive him into signing what will not favour Nigeria as a nation. Gowon being the kind of person he was then decided to renegade on the accord, then Ojukwu had no other choice but to declare war.

If you are smart enough, you should know that this quote, Biafra didn't annex anyone's land nor intend to occupy anybody's land. and this Midwestern route was the nearest to get quickly to Lagos, seize Lagos and bring about the fall and surrender of nigeria so Biafra can start enjoying their independence. were together and you shouldn't have separate it while searchign for your weak and cheap point.

u'D think an ill equipped army would be more concerned about defense than offense. trying to seize lagos was a dumb move considering the biafrans need the western region to support their cause. oil tapping during the war showed that the eastern region had it's eye on the oil fields of niger delta

Your so called ill equiped army on their way to Lagos scared the hell out of Gowon who was already packing to leave Lagos until his British masters told him to calm down and stay put while promising him thier support to repel the incursions of the Biafrans. I still maintain that Lagos was your capital then and to capture Lagos would have ended the war quicker for us. You first brought the war into our territoty by firing the first bullets via Ogoja and we also took the war into your own territory via midwest. So what's wrong about our own incursion?

doctors without borders was created by the french, also where did all those weapons from gabon come from? the sky?

Who said it wasn't created by the French? My question is. Are the doctors military personel? Every other thing you wrote about France and other countries aiding Biafra are only hear say without independent confirmation. Read your propaganda copy and paste again and you will notice that it said, none was confirmed, yet you still swallowed it and believed it.
Although the French will not acknowledge their role: Nonsense. Why wouldn't they acknowledge if there were any? EVERYBODY in this shabby capital knows about it, but few will talk: Hogwash. Only hear say. You really think every body in a whole country will act in the same manner? Do you reason at all?

I sure hope not to see the day local governments become countries.
Typical excuse of cowards that can't live on their own but prefer to be suckers and parasites on others.

because codependence of the ethnic groups would benefit all. isn't that why the US is a great country.

And India and China are better countries than USA? They are bigger and so they should be better going by your warped logic.

and how prosperous are those countries, those countries are usually dependent on a larger nation for support.
Botswana, Switzerland, Belgium, Holland, Leichteinstein, Andora, Bermuda and others are smaller countries than Ijaw, Biafra, Ishekiri, Urhobo, Anang/Ibibio countries and are far better countries economically and otherwise than your big for nothing country nigeria. Every country including Japan and USA, the world best two economies depends one way or the other on each other for survival.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bawomolo(m): 5:38am On Sep 14, 2008
It's seems you are lazy to read up history, but prefered to come back with yoru retorts. How does buying weapon go against the Aburi accord? Can you enlighting us please?

it was agreed by both sides not to start an arms race.

Then Gowon came back from Aburi meeting and decided to renegade on the accord and agreements signed in Ghana because the bureaucrats then in Lagos (who were mostly Yorubas)

hillarious considering this

In May Gowon issued a decree implementing the Aburi Agreement. Even the Northern Region leaders, who had been the first to threaten secession, now favored the formation of a multistate federation. Meanwhile, the military governor of the Midwestern Region announced that his region must be considered neutral in the event of civil war.

note the aburi accord meeting happened in january, ojukwu just seemed to want more more more rather than the agreed confederation

The Ojukwu government rejected the plan for reconciliation and made known its intention to retain all revenues collected in the Eastern Region in reparation for the cost of resettling Igbo refugees. The eastern leaders had reached the point of ruptive in their relations with Lagos and the rest of Nigeria. Despite offers made by the FMG that met many of Ojukwu's demands, the Eastern Region Consultative Assembly voted May 26 to secede from Nigeria.

Biafra didn't annex anyone's land nor intend to occupy anybody's land. and this Midwestern route was the nearest to get quickly to Lagos, seize Lagos and bring about the fall and surrender of nigeria so Biafra can start enjoying their independence.

the midwestern region declares it's neutrality before the civil war and also most northern troops were removed from their garrison in the western region. 

Awolowo, regrouping his supporters, demanded the removal of all northern troops garrisoned in the Western Region and warned that if the Eastern Region left the federation, the Western Region would follow. The FMG agreed to the troop withdrawal.

the midwestern invasion was ojukwu's biggest blunder.  the outstretched biafran army was outstretched and bugged down by the time it got to ORE.  any sensible person knows the biafran army had no shot at taking lagos.

You first brought the war into our territoty by firing the first bullets via Ogoja and we also took the war into your own territory via midwest.

the secession was basically a declaration of war.  the biafran government should have known the police action was coming.

Only hear say. You really think every body in a whole country will act in the same manner?

denial is a bitch, even ojukwu admits so called relief planes carried weapons too.

it was through the Uli airstrip that the first large consignment of French weapons to Biafra began arriving in late August, consisting of 2000 rockets and millions of rounds of ammunition delivered serially in 20-ton aliquots of ordnance every night.  This occurred shortly after Czechoslovakia, Holland, Italy, France and Belgium banned arms sales to Nigeria, hoping to force the pugilists to the peace table and prevent further fratricide. At this time, an average of 10,000 men, women and children were reportedly dying every day in Biafra, mostly from starvation.  The Nordchurchaid relief airlift operation to Biafra had only just begun even as Robert Goldstein, Public Relations Representative of Biafra in the USA was resigning.  He was protesting Ojukwu’s rejection of land routes through Federal and Biafran territory as a means of getting urgent relief shipments to starving civilians.  Ojukwu had laid down a condition that not only would he not accept mercy land corridors for food aid (supervised by the International Red Cross, World Council of Churches etc) without a complete ceasefire, but that an airlift was the only solution to feed the starving.  What Ojukwu wanted was a mechanism by which food aid could be used as a cover for weapons imports (particularly at night) without the prying eyes of the Federal Government.  Hence the preference for airlifts over road haulage even if it meant blocking emergency shipments of food already waiting at Nigerian ports.

Indeed, the French operation, beginning in September 1968 and directed by M. Jacques Foccart was code-named “Operation Mabel”. Foccart was the Secretary-General of the Franco-African Community. In collaboration with the French Ministries of Defence and Foreign Affairs, he used Ivory Coast, Gabon, and Sao Tome as staging and resupply points for gun running to Biafra with the full connivance of the French Secret Service. However, following aggressive diplomatic representations from Nigeria, Fernando Po (now called Equatorial Guinea), and Cameroun refused to cooperate with Foccart. Indeed, none of Nigeria’s Francophone neighbors – Benin, Cameroun, Chad, and Niger – supported Biafra.

the war wouldn't have lasted past 1968 without the help of france.

Typical excuse of cowards that can't live on their own but prefer to be suckers and parasites on others.

blah blah blah

Botswana, Switzerland, Belgium, Holland, Leichteinstein, Andora, Bermuda and others are smaller countries than Ijaw, Biafra, Ishekiri, Urhobo, Anang/Ibibio countries and are far better countries economically and otherwise than your big for nothing country nigeria. Every country including Japan and USA, the world best two economies depends one way or the other on each other for survival.

bermuda is dependent on france, not exactly a great example.  ijaw and ishekiri smaller than the netherlands or belgium?? hillarious.  u are one funny cat.  we can as well form idoma, egun, nupe, efik countries while at it.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bilymuse: 10:43am On Sep 14, 2008
QuotaSyste
Yorubas? I don't know what to use to qualify them. I have never seen cowards and chameleons like those people. Never to be trusted, going by history. As huge as they are in population and claims to be widely educated, (man power advantage) yet are even afraid more than the Ijaws to go it alone and form their own country and manage what ever they have by themselves. (What are they fearing? You will never know)

How would you qualify Ojukwu, that water leaf who ran away before the end of the war only to come back and join NPN after receiving bribe from the shagari administration. Your Ojukwu is a coward and a quitter. He his solely responsible for all the misfortune that has befallen the Ibo people. If he had stayed and fought till the end , he would have been able to negotiate a better settlement for the Ibo. Ewu, tufiakwa.

At least people like Pa Adesanya, despite the threat to there life fought till their last breath and their struggle paid off , with Yoruba 8 years presidency rule. Yoruba people are never afraid to die for what they believe in. Your Ibo leaders are nothing but cheap traders, morally bankrupt disguising as politicians.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Arnold1(m): 11:23am On Sep 14, 2008
bilymuse:

QuotaSyste
[b]How would you qualify Ojukwu, that water leaf who ran away before the end of the war only to come back and join NPN after receiving bribe from the shagari administration. [/b]Your Ojukwu is a coward and a quitter. He his solely responsible for all the misfortune that has befallen the Ibo people. If he had stayed and fought till the end , he would have been able to negotiate a better settlement for the Ibo. Ewu, tufiakwa.

At least people like Pa Adesanya, despite the threat to there life fought till their last breath and their struggle paid off , with Yoruba 8 years presidency rule. Yoruba people are never afraid to die for what they believe in. Your Ibo leaders are nothing but cheap traders, morally bankrupt disguising as politicians.

I was just going to write this exact thing before I saw your post.

Quotasyste is calling yorubas cowards; What then do you call Ojukwu who ran away in the height of the biafra
war rather than standing firm on what he supposedly believed in ?

It was the yorubas that put so much pressure on Abacha that led his administration to collapse
and brought about the democracy we have today. Make we hear word abeg
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by presido1: 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2008
Arnold1:

It was the yorubas that put so much pressure on Abacha that led his administration to collapse

Are u sure of this? and how did they do it if i may ask.

@Poster

From what is being posted here, we don't need a pastor or native doctor to tell us how the future will be.
I see no end in sight if we continue being one Nigeria. As we say in Military arena "a conscript will always fight like a conscript"

We are being forced to be United for the benefit of some few.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by eesaah(m): 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2008
Republic of Biafra - http://www. - Gigantic Movement for the Independence of an Igbo Country

Republic of Oduduwa - http://www.geocities.com/yorubacountry/history.html - Slight Movement for the Independence of a Yoruba Country

Arewa Emirates - Nothing

Unity of Nigeria is not working out well, and I am just sighting a very bloody future if Nigeria is not divided now, anything can happen in the future, with unity, issues of power sharing, revenue allocation, will not rise,

I am from the North, but I heard that northern leaders are meeting in case 'Yar adua die of his illness, the election should be cancel to avoid Goodluck becoming the President, I am really Sad to hear this, and this should not continue like this, I think all major Nigerian ethnic groups (Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo) should each rule their people, I'm afraid of Nigeria's future if action is not taken now,

@auwal87
U talk as if nigeria is made up of only three ethnic groups, hisssssss embarassed
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bilymuse: 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2008
Quote from: Arnold1 on Today at 11:23:54 AM
It was the Yoruba's that put so much pressure on Abacha that led his administration to collapse

Presido 1
Are u sure of this? and how did they do it if i may ask

the Yoruba people are in the forefront of opposition to Abacha rule through constant demonstration, civil disobedience and threat of civil war. They paid a high price for it; in blood. The Abacha must stay campagn were able to organise demonstration in support of Abacha all over the country, except in Yoruba land, were they were thwarted by the raw determination of the people.
After the death of Abacha, all the political parties nominate a Yoruba man as their presidential candidate. This has never happen before in the history of Nigeria.

Politics is not about having a shop in Onitsha market, its about total sacrifice and determination, which happen to be in short supply among traders.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bilymuse: 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2008
Since your leader, Ojukwu came back from his self imposed exile how has he help his Ibo people?
Rather, the shameless coward flirted with every government in power, always a constant visitor to Aso rock to sell his people for a price; who are wallowing in political wilderness. Ewu Ojukwu, tufiakwa.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2008
If we keep remembering what happens in the Past, we will never have a greater future, we have to abandon all what happens in the past and face the future.

eesaah:

@auwal87
You talk as if nigeria is made up of only three ethnic groups, hisssssss embarassed

If all the Nigerian ethnic groups are looking for their own Independence, let them have it. Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba, are the 3 Major ethnic groups in the country, and it is with this three that Power Sharing, Revenue, and the rest of issues are being hassled about. It should be the right of every ethnic group to have their own ruler forcing a particular group to join another ethnic group is a devilish act brought by the Europeans to Africa. I support any ethnic group to have their own country. It is their choice to let another group rule them,

presido1:

@Poster
From what is being posted here, we don't need a pastor or native doctor to tell us how the future will be.
I see no end in sight if we continue being one Nigeria. As we say in Military arena "a conscript will always fight like a conscript"

We are being forced to be United for the benefit of some few.

Unity is a term that is supposed to mean Peace as well, but in Nigeria this unity has brought so many troubles, killings, murders, etc etc, Which if this Unity of H & I & Y wasn't brought we would have been living in peace now. The so called Nigerian unity is perfectly a tool used by the british to make Nigeria a vulnerable war junction in the future. We need to tarnish this plan, separate, and make our long lasting peace,
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ssRhino: 9:20pm On Sep 14, 2008
i Personally think breaking nigeria will be the biggest mistakes we cld ever make, nigerians are not that easy to rule, cos the break of nigeria into 3 wll surely be the beginning of further disintegration into small units as well, i am sure within the Northm Kano will wanna break away from Bauchi and in the South, lagos will say, it is too big to be with Ife and others too, so i rather say, we need to do away with the nonesense of rationallin why hausa will rule and the yoruba must after that and Ibo as well, that aint democracy, let us practice democracy if we wanna, meaning, let whoever wanna run belong o a registered party and run, if you win, u win, and if you lose suport the winner and let us build the nation.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by presido1: 9:30pm On Sep 14, 2008
$$Rhino:

i Personally think breaking nigeria will be the biggest mistakes we cld ever make, nigerians are not that easy to rule, because the break of nigeria into 3 wll surely be the beginning of further disintegration into small units as well, i am sure within the Northm Kano will want to break away from Bauchi and in the South, lagos will say, it is too big to be with Ife and others too, so i rather say, we need to do away with the nonesense of rationallin why hausa will rule and the yoruba must after that and Ibo as well, that aint democracy, let us practice democracy if we want to, meaning, let whoever want to run belong o a registered party and run, if you win, u win, and if you lose suport the winner and let us build the nation.
Thats the point, for more than 45 yrs we are still in search of that democracy that will bring unity but all is in vain so why not break up. If you are yoruba or ibo after breaking up and kano wants to break up again from arewa i dont see how that will border you.

For us to have a better future in this country there must be unity and peace.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ssRhino: 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2008
I think we shd try and seek that unity and peace collectively and not break.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by tpia: 10:21pm On Sep 14, 2008
yemmyse:

@quotasyste

"Most times we stand in the house of the coward (wise) and point at the ruins of the house of a courageous (foolish) man"  - IGBO Proverb

Think my dear.

Its visible to even the blind talkless all normal people, that Quotasystem has always had a screw loose.

Never a time when he was never cuckoo. Expecting any sane argument from him is like seeing a river in the sahara. Mirages like him lead many people to their deaths.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 12:22am On Sep 15, 2008
$$Rhino:

Kano will want to break away from Bauchi,

I think Arewa (comprising 19 states now) will not even attempt to break up because they are already united as the emirates of Arewa (North). There is no single movement anywhere in Arewa that is claiming for Independence. Even if that happens, it is between the Arewa emirates only, we will not blame the Yoruba or Igbo for that. What is the case of being in unity in as much as Culture differs, this is a total waste of time, energy, and resources.

Let us wake up! Unite your group and live in peace with other groups, that's it. Let's stop looking for solutions that would never work, this is the ONLY solution for the peace of all of us.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bawomolo(m): 5:59pm On Sep 15, 2008
Since your leader, Ojukwu came back from his self imposed exile how has he help his Ibo people?
Rather, the shameless coward flirted with every government in power, always a constant visitor to Aso rock to sell his people for a price; who are wallowing in political wilderness. Ewu Ojukwu, tufiakwa.

according to Ojukwu, he took a trip(no be exile oo) to ivory coast in order to get help. an info usually lost among biafra idiots like quotastyle is that at end of the war, CHILD SOLDIERS were used on the biafran side. Ojukwu was an elitist claiming to fight against elitism.

Its visible to even the blind talkless all normal people, that Quotasystem has always had a screw loose.

you are a right, the eyinmba eyinmba clown was exposed for his lies grin grin

I think Arewa (comprising 19 states now) will not even attempt to break up because they are already united as the emirates of Arewa (North). There is no single movement anywhere in Arewa that is claiming for Independence

the minority groups especially in the middle-belt states are going to agitate for independence. nigeria is much more complex than the oduduwa, ndi igbo, arewa bullshit u guys spill out.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by blackspade(m): 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2008
Sadly, this probably is what's going to have to happen in order to have all parts of the current country to one day succeed. Maybe after we all become successful, we could re-unite later in the future.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria10: 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2008
look, if the consitutition review by the house and senate refused to address the yoruba issue. nigeria would break up and i think it is time we start preparing our heart for it. . the truth is when majority become slave to minority you do not need rocket science to know the downfall of that nation is about to start.

Go ask hutu and tutsi, like daniel in the word of God i see the written on the wall. like i alway say write down todays date. it may tarry but it would come to past. Dont let false pastor come to you and say , God told them they can see light at the end of the tunnel. God is not an author of injustice. this so call men of God you will find out have also made many men slave.

like i said write it down. this injustice would not last. look to show, some after reading what i wrote and seen the satellite picture contact telling me , he knows how to get weapons to liberate the yorubas. So you can see what the issue is about, and how far our people would see it through , that justice is done. i am man of peace and believe we have a wonderful senate president, who said he is looking into the injustice. so let wait and see. But i tell you, so that the issue of yorubas injustice would not become like that of niger delta. i believe the house should act fast.   they say injustice may last for awhile . but one day the truth may come out.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bawomolo(m): 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2008
some after reading what i wrote and seen the satellite picture contact telling me , he knows how to get weapons to liberate the yorubas.

mugu u better not fall for a 419 liberation scam grin
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria10: 6:46pm On Sep 15, 2008
this person was serious. i just had to tell him, my brother weapon ke. it shows you are serious some people would go. he was not 419,  how many 419 want to give weapon for free. he was not asking me for money. he wanted to supply the weapons  for free. i told. weapon ke. noway. let try the constitution review. me, i am for peace. i believe we can try the house and senate approach let see if it works.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ssRhino: 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2008
What will happen to some groups that dont fall under yoruba, Ibo or the hausas?
How do we share the resources and what will be the boundary of the nations? Nigeria is very complex and wont be as easy as we are making it sound.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Planner(m): 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2008
Quotasyste,

You get  my 100% affirmation on your post. The igbos are the only courageous people to fight for their right and injustice, other ethnic groups are too cowardly especially the yorubas. Did you notice that these people attacking you viciously (yemmyse,bawomolo,bilymuse and Arnold10) where no where to be found when useless Mpele and RSa were insulting Nigeria and Nigerians? They could not even reply him. But these same people when they "igbo" they suddenly feel very hard pressed not to attack us. This what outsiders are seeing. To all of you (yemmyse,bawomolo,bilymuse, Arnold10 and others) who ran away when Mpele and co. were attacking Nigeria i say SHAME ON YOU!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17)

Picture Of Babatunde Fashola As A Kid. / Jonathan Government Created TSA, But Couldn’t Impose It – Buhari / Amina Ali Flies Presidential Jet To Meet Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.