Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? (3915 Views)

b / It's A Disgrace That Countries Like Indonesia Produce More Palm Oil Than Nigeria / Should Nigeria Be Divided? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? by JayCee2010: 12:15pm On Dec 27, 2011
With the recent spate of bomb attacks in the northern parts of the country, many are of the opinion that it would be in the best interest of Nigerians for the country to be divided into northern and southern Nigeria, two different countries!

Cultural and religious differences between the two regions will continue to create tension and insecurity. With all our economic problems, local terrorism and sectarian violence are the last thing that we need to deal with right now.

Is it feasible and economically reasonable to divide Nigeria into two different countries?? Would it benefit everyone in the end??
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? by Afam4eva(m): 12:17pm On Dec 27, 2011
That's everybody's wish but it aint gonna happen until millions of lives are lost.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? by Lasinoh: 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2011
Stop dreaming. Unless you can point to any couple you know who has gotten divorced after 50 years of an unhappy marriage. . . then you can talk about Nigeria dividing. It is till death do us part darling. . . till death do us part. Only death can part us. . . !!!

Why is it that you never hear awon "cabal" saying Nigeria should divide? Nigeria is sweeeeet for thieves oh!
Only the poor and wretched want this 'Nigeria should divide' madness. . .

Keep dreaming I say!

Anyway, like I have always stated. . . I prefer to live in the North. Education and enlightenment have not liberated Southern Nigeria from penury. . .so, I'd rather stay with the Northerners. I do not want to live amongst half-baked illiterates. Give me a 'stark illiterate' anyday. Just like I would not like live amongst Christians. . . I would rather live amongst unbelievers. The lesser of the 2 evils. . . .I know for sure.

Taliking of divide. . . WHO WILL DIVIDE NIGERIA FOR YOU. . . WHEN YOU SIT BEHIND YOUR COMPUTER WAITING FOR A MESSIAH?

What a nice sleeping session. . . .GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? by PointB: 1:06pm On Dec 27, 2011
Certainly, it's in the best interest of the individual people of Niger whose lives are risked or wasted every now and then that Nigeria be divided.

the benefit of such wonderful split can not be quantified now.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? by JayCee2010: 1:13pm On Dec 27, 2011
@ Lasinoh: thanks for your contribution; but we aren't quarelling and I'm neutral on the issue, so no need to attack, LOL.

Its just a dialogue where people can air their views - eventhough it may not even leave this forum. Peace
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? by Lasinoh: 1:20pm On Dec 27, 2011
When this 'normadic' people of the Niger who never sit in their own home states or country learn to do just that. . .by sitting in their own 'across the Niger'. . . then we can start going somewhere. But will they? Baby steps! Go back home first. . . then the world can take you seriously. Stop building churches in the North. Move back to the almighty "Niger". . .stop phocking Northerners for contracts or HAVING WAZOBIA DYSFUNCTIONAL CHILDREN! kiss

JayCee2010:

@ Lasinoh: thanks for your contribution; but we aren't quarelling and I'm neutral on the issue, so no need to attack, LOL.

Its just a dialogue where people can air their views - eventhough it may not even leave this forum. Peace

Which one is quarelling again? I only expressed my main concern about too much noise. . .with this Nigeria breaking-up business. People who wanno really break-up do not keep dealing with people they do not like. . .or with people they have absolutely nothing in common with right?
You want to break-up and you still keep building churches in Northern Nigeria? Is it not time to move back to your own 'Southern Nigeria' for starters?

Common sense I think!

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2011
This is what the country is headed for anyway except we restructucture the country into devolved regions!

It is only a matter of time.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2011
CIA is working.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? by Pygru: 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
Duno
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
Anything to get rid of Northern Nigeria
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
Afam4eva: That's everybody's wish but it aint gonna happen until millions of lives are lost.
of course, we all knw that tribe that donates lives!

So, talk to ur people for us..

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria To Host 2014 World Economic Forum On Africa / Prisoner To President: 50 Most Inspiring Pictures From Nelson Mandela's Life / Fayose Apologises To Oshiomhole, Warns Aides Against Insulting People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.