Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,244 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud (13071 Views)

#FuelScarcity; Senators Visit Capital Oil And Other Petroleum Depots..photos / Fintiri Spends N22bn In 86 Days As Governor – APM / Osun N22bn Bond Offer Over-subscribed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by sessydoo(m): 6:24pm On Oct 10, 2012
ifee-gee:
I am not a pessimist,but this is one too many,when will they stand behind the dock & answer for their deeds and get an appropriate jail term.WHEN?

Ifee, dats d same question i always ask ooo. and if i talk now, they will say im anti GEJ. dats how Jona knows how to fight corruption o, make arrest, make noise n evrybody goes home at d end of d day...mtcheww abegiiiiii fresh air jorrrrr
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by garrigangster: 6:39pm On Oct 10, 2012
It is either many people here are ignorant or they just pretend to be ignorant. U all called for the arrest and prosecution of subsidy oil thieves. GEJ has done what no President even dared by exposing the rot in the oil sector. Now you are blaming him again.
Let me ask a pertinent question: is it the President's duty to investigate, arraign and prosecute suspects? Would he sit as the judge and dish out the required punishment? Do you all pretend not to know about the intricacies involved in getting a criminal conviction?
Bottomline is you guys should stop politicising every damn thing

1 Like

Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 10, 2012
This serves him right. This is the price he has to pay for being wicked. His uncles and aunty are very poor yet he grooves in too much wealth. He is well known for being wicked to his relatives. No peace in his fathers house. God is really at work. Let him rot in jail. But wait a minute, i believe his money can save him afterall na naija we de.
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by ZeusI: 7:19pm On Oct 10, 2012
No be Nija? Na today? Steal a little ;you go to jail, steal a lot; you become a king.
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by ZeusI: 7:25pm On Oct 10, 2012
DeLaRue: Oops...but people have been saying on nairaland that Yoruba, Hausa, Edo, Igbirra etc Billionaires are all crooks and their Igbo counterparts are all genuine, and industrious (yes o, that famous Igbo word!), with superhuman business brains etc

yeye people.

I always knew this man was an A GRADE crook. I saw him on TV few weeks ago walking with a Minister - honest, you would think he owned Nigeria the way he pumped his chest out, swaggering his arms all over the place. Ah, Igbos and misplaced arrogance!
I understand, since you have no dream of ever seeing(from a distance)let alone walking with a minister, you have every right to jealous Igbos. Because it costs something to be arrogantcheesycheesycheesy
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by ZeusI: 7:29pm On Oct 10, 2012
kkpopsy:
IF U SEE THIS MAN;s HOUSE
AT OMOLE PHASE II, U would
curse yourself for being in
the middle class..this man is a Glorified Thief!!
So because you were pre-destined to be wretched made you think that every super-rich man is a theif? Nija mugu 1 is what you are.winkcheesycheesy
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by ZeusI: 7:33pm On Oct 10, 2012
ifee-gee:
I am not a pessimist,but this is one too many,when will they stand behind the dock & answer for their deeds and get an appropriate jail term.WHEN?
On the judgement day.cheesycheesy
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by ZeusI: 7:38pm On Oct 10, 2012
Takara: how i wish this subsidy fraud was uncovered under a buhari presidency!
*singing* don't fall in love with a 'DREAMER'......(buhari?) buhahahahahacheesycheesy
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by ZeusI: 7:49pm On Oct 10, 2012
CyberG: So iboz are looters and corrupt lunatics? I thought they said iboland is full of saints like devil-ojuku?? shocked shocked grin grin
Igbos are looters or preservers. Ojukwu is a god or a devil(the two contending forces in the universe). Yorubas are neither looters nor preservers. Awolowo is neither a god nor a devil(making him a weevel). Which is worst? If you are neither good nor bad, what are you? winkwinkwink olodo laso hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by ZeusI: 7:55pm On Oct 10, 2012
Sun of god: Whenever I hear the name Uba - the image of a criminal automatically enters my mind.

wow! We undergoes same experience, though, from a different perspective: whenever i remember you; penury automatically spring up from me mind :p:p
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by Rooneyboy(m): 8:37pm On Oct 10, 2012
kooto: I think for his arrest the government will compensate him with a juicy contract or position in a few months time; one of their pattern of doing things. bode george is an example.
True talk bro .
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by Okukk(m): 9:00pm On Oct 10, 2012
This is drama again...arrest, arrest, arrest... Bankole, farouk, etc.police uhna dey try ooh...but when are we going to see any of these big shot in jail?
Let's watch and see how this people play with this Obasanjo's boy.
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by tigerleggs(m): 9:15pm On Oct 10, 2012
dayokanu: The identity of those stealing the subsidy money is now coming out

Ifeanyi Ubah we dey watch
cool You mean he is part of the cabal?
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by bigmaut: 10:03pm On Oct 10, 2012
hmmmmm!
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by bigmaut: 10:04pm On Oct 10, 2012
22bln of 160miln pples money he shuld be caste into d angry mob,Aluu community yu hav killed an innocent boys may dia blood be upon ya headsangry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by Vogue50: 10:10pm On Oct 10, 2012
billante: The Special Fraud Unit (SFU) of the Nigeria Police Tuesday arrested the Managing Director of Capital Oil and Gas, Mr. Ifeanyi Uba, for his alleged involvement in the fuel subsidy fraud, running intoN22.4 billion.

The SFU was said to have arrested him in Lagos at about 2.30pm.
Uba was taken to the SFU office in Ikoyi, where he was grilled by a team of detectives.
Police Public Relations Officer for SFU, Ngozi Isintume, an Assistant Superintendent of Police, confirmed Uba’s arrest, adding that the suspect is presumed innocent until investigations are over.
She said: “I cannot really say much for now because he is currently being interrogated by SFU detectives. Ifeanyi Uba was arrested because of his alleged involvement in the fuel subsidy scam.

“We are still investigating the case so I cannot say if he would be released at the end of today (Tuesday). He was indicted by the presidential committee on fuel subsidy verification.
“Our job is to thoroughly investigate the matter and then prosecute if it comes to that. We don’t want to pre-empt investigation by commenting on everything. As you are aware, investigation is still on.
“But be rest assured that the Commissioner of Police, Tunde Ogunsakin, would in line with his mantra of zero tolerance to corruption see this case to a logical end.

“Remember the law says one is innocent until otherwise proven guilty. That is the line we are towing until investigations are over.”
Uba, alongside other marketers, was indicted by the Presidential Committee on Verification and Reconciliation of Fuel Subsidy Payments, led by Access Bank Plc Managing Director, Mr. Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede.

The name of his company is on the list of the 25 companies indicted by the committee and recommended for criminal investigation for their alleged involvement in the N62,501,511,789.24 fraudulently obtained through the subsidy scheme.

In addition, Uba and his company are on the list of113 companies and 419 directors/shareholders that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has barred banks in the country from extending further creditto.
The CBN arrived at this decision because of the reluctance by the debtors to pay back their loans despite the purchase of the debts at an agreed price by the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON).
His company is said to owe over N48.014 billion to banks

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/-ifeanyi-uba-arrested-over-alleged-n22bn-subsidy-fraud/127289/
his company was indicted by the committee for alleged subsidy fraud. He should be tried , if found guilty ; let him face the wrath of the law.
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by Benisconi(m): 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
Na only ifeanyi uba una c abi others nko abeg mak una leav him jare
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by snowprince01(m): 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
redcliff: [size=30pt]IF U SEE THIS MAN;s HOUSE AT OMOLE PHASE II, U would curse yourself for being in the middle class..YOu would even curse urself for being rich cos compared to what he has, u r still poor[/size]
Na jealous b ur problem abi u want to knw d true story? Uba is clean nd u wil all see dat.
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by snowprince01(m): 10:50pm On Oct 10, 2012
You all heard it by d interrogator.. Is innocent until proven guilty.. All dis curses now wil be mare envy nd u must stand for d truth always. Who among of our leaders is clean by d way?.. All of dem don conner 1 moni or the other..make we hear word for here. They should start wit investigating jonathan wey leave wetin him go face dey barn rice importation..
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by coretechng(m): 11:32pm On Oct 10, 2012
justsayemma: Y do Nigerians always fall 4 dis kinda news? We shud always learn 4 histry,all d people datwere previosly arested wat hapend 2 dem? Abi dem want try justify dia Transpiracy Int rating
Dont mind them.Nothing will come out of this.Nothing.
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by igboboy1(m): 12:33am On Oct 11, 2012
snowprince01:
Na jealous b ur problem abi u want to knw d true story? Uba is clean nd u wil all see dat.

Uba is gini? Guy stop deceving yourself...If Uba is clean then Odili is a saint
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by str8talk1: 1:50am On Oct 11, 2012
All na wash!
Next!
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by Roughdriver(m): 3:18am On Oct 11, 2012
Whether you like it or not, this confirmed criminal will be given national award next year.
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by Connoisseur(m): 6:40am On Oct 11, 2012
Anambra 2014 s becoming more of a pipe dream
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by dorggito1(m): 6:52am On Oct 11, 2012
Chirolechick: “Remember the law says one is innocent until otherwise proven guilty. That is the line we are towing until investigations are over.”

imagine how they are emphasizing on it cos he's rich, but if it was a poor man they wld crucify him before proving him guilty. msheeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww
Dats very true especially in naija,their own way of doing things.
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by otunbaneyo09(m): 7:41am On Oct 11, 2012
This country sha, if someone steal pen they we jail him see these people that they are stealing billions not good will come out of it barao people
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by Dee60: 7:43am On Oct 11, 2012
garri_gangster: It is either many people here are ignorant or they just pretend to be ignorant. U all called for the arrest and prosecution of subsidy oil thieves. GEJ has done what no President even dared by exposing the rot in the oil sector. Now you are blaming him again.
Let me ask a pertinent question: is it the President's duty to investigate, arraign and prosecute suspects? Would he sit as the judge and dish out the required punishment? Do you all pretend not to know about the intricacies involved in getting a criminal conviction?
Bottomline is you guys should stop politicising every damn thing

GEJ government did not expose it. Bukola Saraki of the Senate made the first step to expose the fraud. In fact government agents fought Saraki tirelessly for making the exposure. Please lets be truthful. GEJ does not seem to be fighting corruption. In fact, it is corruption that seems to be fighting him. With all due respect.
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by soma042(m): 8:23am On Oct 11, 2012
DeLaRue: Oops...but people have been saying on nairaland that Yoruba, Hausa, Edo, Igbirra etc Billionaires are all crooks and their Igbo counterparts are all genuine, and industrious (yes o, that famous Igbo word!), with superhuman business brains etc

yeye people.

I always knew this man was an A GRADE crook. I saw him on TV few weeks ago walking with a Minister - honest, you would think he owned Nigeria the way he pumped his chest out, swaggering his arms all over the place. Ah, Igbos and misplaced arrogance!

some people will always feel better abt their self when ever they here the world igbo being mention.
Y .......?
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 11, 2012

yeye people.

I always knew this man was an A GRADE
crook. I saw him on TV few weeks ago walking with a Minister - honest, you would think he owned Nigeria the way he pumped his chest out, swaggering his arms all over the place. Ah, Igbos and misplaced arrogance!

u re a fool wat has dis got to do wit igbos moderator u re d biggest fool fu--cking tribal modafu--kas
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by ucheends(m): 10:22am On Oct 11, 2012
shocked grin[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]come 2014,uba wil be called his excellency ,the governor of anambra state our eyes dey open
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by naturalwaves: 11:08am On Oct 11, 2012
@OP and MODS, I think the OIL in that caption should be OIL's so that we can have 'Capital Oil's Andy Uba'.
Re: Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud by naturalwaves: 11:08am On Oct 11, 2012
@OP and MODS, I think the OIL in that caption should be OIL's so that we can have 'Capital Oil's Ifeanyi Uba...........'.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Monkeypox Scare: Wike Works With IPOB - Rivers APC / ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations / NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.