Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,941 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu (8082 Views)

APC Members And Traditional Ruler Killed As Gunmen Invade Rivers / GEJ And Wife, Patience, Planning To Assassinate Me-Rev. Fr. Mbaka / Hadizatu Ahmed, Female Ruler In Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by Itohen: 4:01pm On Oct 10, 2012
Tragedy struck in Umuode Community, a suburb of Nkanu East local government area of Enugu State yesterday following the gruesome murder of the paramount ruler of the land, Igwe Moses Ugwu.

According to eyewitness, the monarch was reportedly shot dead by two unknown young men who invaded his shop at Akpoga Nike at about 7.30pm Tuesday.

It was gathered that the assailants shot at the royal father severally and abandoned him in a pool of blood and eluded immediately without touching anything.

Popularly called Ode 1 of Umuode, the late Ugwu until his sad demise had been on throne for over 10 years.

It was further learnt that efforts by some of his relations who rushed him to the Annunciation Hospital, Emene Enugu were fruitless as the king was confirmed dead by the doctors on duty.

Sources said the Igwe Ugwu’s Umuode community, the country home of the former Minister of Power, Professor Barth Nnaji, had been at war with their neighbouring Oruku community for the past eight years.

It would be recalled that the two communities recently engaged in fire exchange before the intervention of security operatives.

The remains of the late Ugwu has been deposited at the hospital’s morgue.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/10/10/gunmen-assassinate-traditional-ruler-enugu/
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by Abujafood: 5:08pm On Oct 10, 2012
So much killings being reported in the news these days! What is going on?
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by mrkels(m): 5:08pm On Oct 10, 2012
Deposited? What kind of jounalism is this? Nonesens. No respect whatsoever for the deceased ruler! undecided

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by mhsanni(f): 5:08pm On Oct 10, 2012
too many bad news in dis country of late cry
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by Suljosh: 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2012
Were is dis country headin too? May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by liyalla(m): 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2012
could dis be it, the end? Why is insecurity of lifes and property taking first place in the country? So the new hobby of men now is to kill felow men.hmmm... RIP Igwe
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by EzePromoe: 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2012
This shows us that the end is near. Everyday we hear sad news in this country, how about those which we don't hear. God save your people o.
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by KingSadeeq(m): 5:12pm On Oct 10, 2012
Another Bad news!!! When will there b no deaths or senseless killings? Seems like before we recover from a shock another one stabs us.; I wonder what the perpetrators stand to gain in killin a monarch! RIP Igwe
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by ebamma(m): 5:13pm On Oct 10, 2012
life is too short in dis country,make i find way come travel go somalia go live there
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by Kslib(m): 5:13pm On Oct 10, 2012
Hmmmn, this life....
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 10, 2012
What is going on in this country? Killings everywhere.
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by garrigangster: 5:15pm On Oct 10, 2012
Oya, Let's start blaming GEJ as usual

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by Kslib(m): 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2012
ebamma: life is too short in dis country,make i find way come travel go somalia go live there
Why u talk like that nah.. My great grand papa just clock 200 years yesterday..
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by yugogos(m): 5:18pm On Oct 10, 2012
I better be going to jokes column.tired of all this bloody news.see ya there
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by omotayokay: 5:23pm On Oct 10, 2012
A whole IGWE, killed just like that? What happened to the jarzz na?! Na the thing sure pass oh to live successful in dis bloody country!
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by mrperfect(m): 5:26pm On Oct 10, 2012
This is sad the village.
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by BBDelta(m): 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2012
mrkels: Deposited? What kind of jounalism is this? Nonesens. No respect whatsoever for the deceased ruler! undecided

Person die, He no pain you . na the Language when dem take qualify the dropping abi na depositing or rather disposing of the corpse na em pain you....Nairaland...
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by Afam4eva(m): 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2012
Na waoo. Nobody seems to be safe anymore in this country. Even people who many thought were free from the evil in this country have now become casualties. Let me keep watching and know the best time to cut out...this country has become unlivable.
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by mekaboy(m): 5:35pm On Oct 10, 2012
satan is setting up his headquaters in Nigeria. that is what is happening. keep praying for Nigeria.
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by ifeomabernard(f): 5:38pm On Oct 10, 2012
garri_gangster: Oya, Let's start blaming GEJ as usual
Reacting to your surname *garri gangster*
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by Donlouise(m): 5:42pm On Oct 10, 2012
Abeg shey beta news no dey dis kontr3 again? :'
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by Afam4eva(m): 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2012
mekaboy: satan is setting up his headquaters in Nigeria. that is what is happening. keep praying for Nigeria.
You know the location of the much talked about HELL wasn't mentioned in the bible. Me think it's gonna be in Nigeria.
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by mekaboy(m): 5:46pm On Oct 10, 2012
afam4eva:
You know the location of the much talked about HELL wasn't mentioned in the bible. Me think it's gonna be in Nigeria.

lol nooo, nigeria is still far from hell. There is still hope.
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by skerries: 5:46pm On Oct 10, 2012
There shall never be peace in Nigeria till we stop tribalism and fought together for good governance. No nation that divide among itself shall never stand
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by fm7070: 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2012
mrkels: Deposited? What kind of jounalism is this? Nonesens. No respect whatsoever for the deceased ruler! undecided

What other english could the journalist have used?
I think you're either very sick upstairs or you're a saddist.
Even if your king dies, he will deposited in the mortuary.
what's the phucking big deal?
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by Afam4eva(m): 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2012
mekaboy:

lol nooo, nigeria is still far from hell. There is still hope.
Hope traveled out of Nigeria a long time ago. I doubt very much if it wants to return. Even hope doesn't want to become hopeless.
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by alaoeri: 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2012
If this happen in the north ppl 'll blame BH now who are ωε going to blame for this? Nigeria what a country.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by mskata(m): 5:55pm On Oct 10, 2012
BBDelta:

Person die, He no pain you . na the Language when dem take qualify the dropping abi na depositing or rather disposing of the corpse na em pain you....Nairaland...
Me sef trip 4 d guy o
But nna meenh dis country no make sense again o
Jes dey use pipo life take play kalo kalo evry day
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by gurujoe(m): 6:12pm On Oct 10, 2012
garri_gangster: Oya, Let's start blaming GEJ as usual
is dat al u need 2 say?
U beta quit yr garri gangs dey ar nt helpin u at al.
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by Usokristi: 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2012
liyalla: could dis be it, the end? Why is insecurity of lifes and property taking first place in the country? So the new hobby of men now is to kill felow men.hmmm... RIP Igwe
it is really the end everybody should seek the face of God period
Re: Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu by Kslib(m): 6:44pm On Oct 10, 2012
mekaboy: satan is setting up his headquaters in Nigeria. that is what is happening. keep praying for Nigeria.
I disagree.. Our power sector is bad. So how do you expect him to see his victims..
Our roads are not good,so how do you expect him to transport his demons safely to other parts of the country.. Dont even mention by air,cos our aviation sector only have flying coffins to offer..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally / #occupynigeria Protesters Defy Labour, Stage Massive Rallies In Kaduna / N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.