Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,345 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? (1070 Views)

Muslims What Actualy Convince You That Realy Muhammed Is Prophet Of God? / Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by chilla(f): 11:00am On Jan 21, 2008
Salaam all,

The Holy Prophet Mohd (SAW) had urged us to sleep the early part of the nyt and wake up @ the latter part 2 woship the Almighty Allah. Worships cld not necessarily be Salaat especially ladies who can be off @ their individual periods. We can be busy with Dhikr, recitation of the Holy Quran etc.

The Prophet said 2 get the latter part of the nyt, we should divide the nyt into 3, count the number of hrs we have from sunset to sun rise. Lets assume the sun sets @ 6.30pm (Kano timing) and rises @ 6.30am, we hv exactly 12hrs, divide these hrs by 3, which gives u 4hrs each. Count four hrs each n pick the last 4 hrs 4 ur Ibadat. The recommended timing will now be 3.30am. to 6.30 am. These are very important moments in our lives where anything mentioned on a clean slate is answered without any hindrance. The only battle is Ash-Shaytan( The Cursed one).

Anybody who wishes to wake up @ that part of the nyt should recite the first and last 10 verses of Suratul Kahf b4 retiring to bed.

The Almighty Allah pleads with us to get up n worship him during that part of the nyt. Ya Ikhwanil Muslimeen, thats to show how loving the Almighty Allah is, wat do u do to thank him FIRST for making you a muslim and for making you who u r today.

Allah is oft forgiving n ever merciful.
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by babs787(m): 8:24pm On Jan 22, 2008
@Chilla

Jazhakullah Khairan
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by DD5: 9:04pm On Jan 22, 2008
chilla:

The Almighty Allah pleads with us to get up n worship him during that part of the nyt. Ya Ikhwanil Muslimeen, thats to show how loving the Almighty Allah is, what do u do to thank him FIRST for making you a muslim and for making you who you're today.

Allah is oft forgiving n ever merciful.

What is "loving" about this? I'm genuinely puzzled.
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by mukina2: 10:41pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ Chilla

It is advised to do the Tarawih prayers preferably 3am /4am recite the Quran during the early hours before Fajr and to recite Duwa'ah for the Prophet (saw)
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by chilla(f): 8:33am On Jan 23, 2008
@babs787
Alhamdulillahi ala ni'matil Islam.

@Mukina,
Thnx Sis, jazaakillahu Khairan

@D__D

The topic wasnt directed @ u, so definately u wouldnt c anythn lovn in it.
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by DD5: 8:45am On Jan 23, 2008
chilla:

@D__D

The topic wasnt directed @ u, so definately u wouldnt c anythn lovn in it.

what a sad and confused cult islam is. What is so secret about it that its adherents are so afraid to reveal? Why can we not ask genuine questions about allah and his quran?

I cant see anything loving in that write up NOT because it was not directed at me but because there really is NOTHING loving about it. It is all about rituals, incantations . . . there is nothing to show that allah is listening. How does allah show his love by me waking up at 3am in the morning to recite portions of the quran that most muslims invariably do not understand?

pls chila, if you know the answers to these questions present them. The bible says bring ur strong reasons and let us sit down and brainstorm over it . . . why is islam so closed and unwilling to share its "love" with others except through violence?
Chila, i am not trying to denigrate you or ur religion . . . i hope this will prompt you to think deeper.
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 23, 2008
D-D,

because you have a difference in belief does not warrant you to say unrealistic things.

I wanna ask you a question. Why do christains do night vigls?

Isn't to pray to their God? , so what the hell about Muslims waking upat night and performing Prayers.

If you don't understand tings, pls walk out of the thread.
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by chilla(f): 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2008
@D__D

. . . i hope this will prompt you to think deeper.

shocked shocked shocked

Think deeper about wat D___D, myself or religion? I will remain glued to Islam come watever. Cult? It matters not wat u say, Islam is my religion n am very proud of it.

@mdsocks

No, nyt vigil is not meant 4 worship, probably somethin else, if not y will he be wondern y muslims wake up in the nyt 2 pray?
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by DD5: 6:15pm On Jan 23, 2008
mdsocks:

D-D,

because you have a difference in belief does not warrant you to say unrealistic things.

I want to ask you a question. Why do christains do night vigls?

Isn't to pray to their God? , so what the hell about Muslims waking upat night and performing Prayers.

If you don't understand tings, please walk out of the thread.

again just like you hypocrites to deliberately misinterprete the REAL question i was trying to bring out.

Here it is again: Posted by: D__D 

Quote from: chilla on January 21, 2008, 11:00 AM
The Almighty Allah pleads with us to get up n worship him during that part of the nyt. Ya Ikhwanil Muslimeen, thats to show how loving the Almighty Allah is, what do u do to thank him FIRST for making you a muslim and for making you who you're today.

That was the question dear Chilla and mdsocks, it has nothing to do with whether muslims wish to refuse to sleep and spend all the time reciting the quran.
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by babs787(m): 7:20pm On Jan 23, 2008
@D_D

again just like you hypocrites to make deliberately misinterprete the REAL question i was trying to bring out.

Ok let us see hypocrite's real question

Here it is again: Posted by: D__D

Quote from: chilla on January 21, 2008, 11:00 AM

That was the question dear Chilla and mdsocks, it has nothing to do with whether muslims wish to refuse to sleep and spend all the time reciting the quran.

It is very glaring that you dont know anything even abut your so called religion let alone causing mischief in Islamic thread.

If you care to know, we muslims show appreciation to Allah for making us muslims who remember Him 24/7, supplicate and bow to only Him as our creator and not three in one DVD player.

You do not really know what you are missing for not being a muslim.
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by DD5: 7:24pm On Jan 23, 2008
babs787:

It is very glaring that you don't know anything even abut your so called religion let alone causing mischief in Islamic thread.

If you care to know, we muslims show appreciation to Allah for making us muslims who remember Him 24/7, supplicate and bow to only Him as our creator and not three in one DVD player.

Yet again you fail miserably to answer my question. How does this show how loving allah is? Pls show me what i'm missing for not being a muslim, i dont really feel like being a slave for eternity.
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 23, 2008
okD_D

How loving it is, abi?

It means that from the night prayer you get rewards not just rewards on earth but also the hereafter.

You can pray for anything and Insha Allah it would be answered.
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by DD5: 7:58pm On Jan 23, 2008
mdsocks:

ok D_D

How loving it is, abi?

It means that from the night prayer you get rewards not just rewards on earth but also the hereafter.

You can pray for anything and Insha Allah it would be answered.

Is this what "love" really is about? Do muslims understand the contextual meaning of unconditional love? While we were yet sinners (the quran has no concept of sin) Christ died for the ungodly . . . this is radically different from waking up in the night to recite the quran in expectation of getting "rewards". That is like playing the lottery dear mdsocks, it is not love.
When i love you i want to do the best i can for you, i'm not hiding my "rewards" from you until you can recite my notebook 10 times every night.

What of kids who cant recite the night prayers? What of the sick who cannot? Do they miss their "rewards"?

Again my questions go unanswered . . . how does this show that allah is indeed loving? What am i missing in islam? An eternity of slavery?
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by pilgrim1(f): 8:11pm On Jan 23, 2008
@babs787,

babs787:

Even your signature said "Die EXCEPT As A Muslim" - so what is anyone missing when you so advise them? Finally, you had to lose face and change it now to: "To ignore the facts does not change the facts"! grin Well done - to ignore the facts we have been sharing all along actually does not change them.

At least, I know the many things I'm glad to leave behind in Islam when the love of Christ touched me - and I'm eternally grateful.
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by babs787(m): 9:12pm On Jan 23, 2008
@pilgrim.1

Even your signature said "Die EXCEPT As A Muslim" - so what is anyone missing when you so advise them? Finally, you had to lose face and change it now to: "To ignore the facts does not change the facts"! Well done - to ignore the facts we have been sharing all along actually does not change them.

I did not lose any face and if you care to know I change my signature as often as I like but try to show that you were trained.

At least, I know the many things I'm glad to leave behind in Islam when the love of Christ touched me - and I'm eternally grateful

Unfortunately, you will be ignored by tht same Jesus because he was not sent to you.

How many questions have you been able to answer on christianity?
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by pilgrim1(f): 10:26pm On Jan 23, 2008
@babs787,

babs787:

@pilgrim.1

I did not lose any face and if you care to know I change my signature as often as I like but try to show that you were trained.

Everytime you lose face you and olabowale resort to this childish rant of being "trained". There's nothing wrong with changing one's signature - but the message was well received before it was changed: "Die EXCEPT As A Muslim" - and that was the only sane thing you have said on Nairaland.

babs787:

Unfortunately, you will be ignored by that same Jesus because he was not sent to you.

Lol. . . I know in my heart that He has called me His own! grin If Jesus sent to only the Jews (as Muslims have claimed), why all the Muslim pretences that still turn out to be that Muslims MUST believe in Him as well? Was he sent to the Quraish and the Yorubas? Better hurry up and truly believe in Him instead of trying to consign Him only to the Jews.

babs787:

How many questions have you been able to answer on christianity?

As many questions that Muslims have offered without the Muslim hypocrisy. Go figure - I still have pleasant discussions with gentlemen like mdsocks even when we do not agree; others are there and we have exchanged views amicably even when they disagree with me. But when we ask you to follow in their manner and invite a genuine discussion, you have always pretended a scholarship you clearly do not possess - nevermind even the fact that you offer endless excuses to buy time!
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 25, 2008
Salam.

The Prophet peace be upon him used to pray 11 rakats at the most.
But you can pray anywhere from 1-11, as long as you end it with an odd number(witr) and you pray them in 2's.

Example
2 rakats tasleem
2 rakats tasleem
2 rakats tasleem
1 rakat tasleem
finish
thats 7 rakats,
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by DD5: 10:19am On Jan 25, 2008
babs787:

Unfortunately, you will be ignored by that same Jesus because he was not sent to you.

the same Jesus you claim allah will send on the last day? Is allah sending him to the jews only too?
Re: Muslims: What To Do @ The Latter Part Of The Nyt? by olabowale(m): 3:48pm On Jan 25, 2008
Salaam all,

The Holy Prophet Mohd (SAW) had urged us to sleep the early part of the nyt and wake up @ the latter part 2 woship the Almighty Allah. Worships cld not necessarily be Salaat especially ladies who can be off @ their individual periods. We can be busy with Dhikr, recitation of the Holy Quran etc
I do not believe that at this time of the month, the ladies can not do more than the dhikr, because if you can not pray (salah), you can not recite the Qur'an at all, with or without hold the Qur'an. Just as you can not make siam, or salah, until the time is over, you can not recite the Qur'an as well.

Please check with knowledgeable people, male or female.

(1) (Reply)

Suffer Not A Witch To Live - Exodus 22:18 / An Interview With God / Pastor T.b Joshua’s Worker Narrates Experience In Haiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.