Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. (6028 Views)

Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... / The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. / Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by EkoIle1: 2:14am On Oct 11, 2012
Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum

[img]http://1.bp..com/_cUuc6OvOxy8/S8CSSwmbxnI/AAAAAAAAAoE/UWCP2ECia6M/s1600/fela+for+real+2.jpg[/img]

Posted By On October 10, 2012 @ 3:34 pm In Metro,News | No Comments

[b]The Lagos State Government has begun the construction of a museum in honour of the late Afro beat king, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti.

The reconstruction of the shrine is part of government’s plan to immortalise Fela who contributed immensely to the development of music in the country.

Governor Babatunde Fashola disclosed this on Monday at the opening of the Nigerian-South African Week tagged “A Tale of Two African Cities” at the Federal Palace Hotel, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.

Fashola said as part of efforts to immortalise the late Afro beat musician, the state government had begun the reconstruction of the late icon’s “shrine” at Gbemisola Street, Ikeja, into an international museum.

The governor further said that the provision of infrastructure and basic services by the State government would boost tourism while empowering the people.

Fashola, whose speech was read by the Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Olayinka Oladunjoye, also said the expansion of the Lagos-Badagry Expressway from four to 10 lanes, the introduction of Lagbus and Metro Cabs and provision of jetties in the riverine areas of the State coupled with healthcare facilities were some of the incentives put in place to boost tourism while creating employment.

“The provision of infrastructure and enabling environment is bound to bring foreign investment,” he said, just as he called on South African businessmen to take advantage of the opportunities that abound in the state to invest in any part of the economy.

Reiterating his government’s determination to make Lagos the preferred destination for tourism in Africa, the governor added that plans had been concluded to reposition the Apapa Amusement Park, the rehabilitation of the Badagry Slave Route and provision of institutional support for the Lagos Heritage Week, the Adamu Orisha Play and the Olokun Festival, among others.

“The state government is set to offer incentives to foreign investors, the state can boast of the largest markets in Africa with a population of over 21 million people, even as government has continued to invest in independent power projects, IPP, to enhance the living standard of the people while providing a conducive environment for investors,” he added.[/b]

The Executive Mayor of the City of Johannesburg, Mr. Park Tau noted that Lagos and Johannesburg had two of the fastest growing economies in Africa, saying that “there is need to collaborate. South Africa will continue to improve on the bilateral relationship between the two cities as they need to partner on social-human development and economic growth.”

—Kazeem Ugbodaga

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/10/10/lagos-begins-construction-of-fela-museum/print/

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by Katsumoto: 2:23am On Oct 11, 2012
Eko Ile: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum

[img]http://1.bp..com/_cUuc6OvOxy8/S8CSSwmbxnI/AAAAAAAAAoE/UWCP2ECia6M/s1600/fela+for+real+2.jpg[/img]

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/10/10/lagos-begins-construction-of-fela-museum/print/

Nice one

Opportunities for international tourism behind this no doubt.

Lagos just needs to get more security.

Eko o ni ba je o.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by CyberG: 2:40am On Oct 11, 2012
Why are these people ALWAYS coming up with all these kind of projects for goodness sake? Do you want the population of that place to reach 210 M before you stop?? All the people from the hater region of Nigeria will do anything to come there and give birth in the hospitals, eat the food, go and visit Fela in the museum. Hope they won't go and steal the statue? These are genuine questions and I hope armoured tanks are used to guard every square inch of that place. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by Horus(m): 3:28am On Oct 11, 2012
Very nice project.
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by Chanchit: 4:52am On Oct 11, 2012
When I saw the caption, I was shocked by the kind gesture, cos' I know Fashola will never do anything for free.
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by RickyRoss1(m): 6:34am On Oct 11, 2012
CyberG: Why are these people ALWAYS coming up with all these kind of projects for goodness sake? Do you want the population of that place to reach 210 M before you stop?? All the people from the hater region of Nigeria will do anything to come there and give birth in the hospitals, eat the food, go and visit Fela in the museum. Hope they won't go and steal the statue? These are genuine questions and I hope armoured tanks are used to guard every square inch of that place. grin grin

All you do is run from thread to thread exposing your sheer stupidity and ignorance.
Lagos is a Nigerian city, we are all Nigerians and if you dont like what Fashola is doing kindly jump into Lagos bar beach, Nigeria doesn't need clowns like you.

Just like Ricky Ross said, puccy asss niggaazz like you cant hold us down forever. Nigeria must move forward, to do this we must find a way to eliminate all enemies of progress and waaankers, we can try the Jerry Rawlings style, it worked in Ghana and will surely work in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by ektbear: 7:07am On Oct 11, 2012
Chanchit: When I saw the caption, I was shocked by the kind gesture, cos' I know Fashola will never do anything for free.

Free? Elaborate. Are museums free somewhere in the world or something..?
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by CyberG: 7:13am On Oct 11, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

All you do is run from thread to thread exposing your sheer stupidity and ignorance.
Lagos is a Nigerian city, we are all Nigerians and if you dont like what Fashola is doing kindly jump into Lagos bar beach, Nigeria doesn't need clowns like you.

Just like Ricky Ross said, puccy asss niggaazz like you cant hold us down forever. Nigeria must move forward, to do this we must find a way to eliminate all enemies of progress and waaankers, we can try the Jerry Rawlings style, it worked in Ghana and will surely work in Nigeria

Why are you attacking an innocent man who spoke the truth? Are you feeling guilty or what is my offense ?
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by RickyRoss1(m): 8:04am On Oct 11, 2012
Eko Ile: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum

Fashola is working really hard to leave a lasting legacy in Lagos. He is the best performing governor in Nigeria by a huge margin. But I hope he remembers the poor people of Lagos that voted him in. I was in Lagos recently and I swear he is not doing enough in some parts of Lagos like those Ikotun axis, some of the roads there are really really bad.

I hope and pray whoever succeeds Fashola should do better than him. Just like Fashola has done far much better than Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by nass07(m): 8:46am On Oct 11, 2012
Chanchit: When I saw the caption, I was shocked by the kind gesture, cos' I know Fashola will never do anything for free.
guy na for you o, So if you have a buisness entity you will render your services in that investment for free abi! Make reasonable criticism next time
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 11, 2012
If you ask me, I will say, that this Fela Shrine is at the long run, misplaced priority. Lagos needs massive infrastructural overhauling. Why are we talking about tourisms before infrastructural and security projects. Its like putting a cart before the Horse.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by valuka(m): 8:47am On Oct 11, 2012
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by jigawatts(m): 8:51am On Oct 11, 2012
CyberG: Why are these people ALWAYS coming up with all these kind of projects for goodness sake? Do you want the population of that place to reach 210 M before you stop?? All the people from the hater region of Nigeria will do anything to come there and give birth in the hospitals, eat the food, go and visit Fela in the museum. Hope they won't go and steal the statue? These are genuine questions and I hope armoured tanks are used to guard every square inch of that place. grin grin

@BOLDED: grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 11, 2012
valuka:

@Valuka That's your only response to this topic? A Music Video?

Geez. undecided

@OP Nice Development. Tourism is fast becoming a profitable sector once done right - especially with regards to security.
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by nass07(m): 8:54am On Oct 11, 2012
This is good. Am glad about this because am aspiring to go into tourism as well. Good job BRF!
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by KINGwax(m): 8:54am On Oct 11, 2012
ekt_bear:

Free? Elaborate. Are museums free somewhere in the world or something..?
thank you.
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 11, 2012
Good move,thumbs up,everything shouldn't be centered on politician alone. If I die,I want Seun to immortalise me on nairaland by naming Nairaland after me. I will appreciate such gesture.
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by hypergig(m): 8:56am On Oct 11, 2012
Immortalising the spliff legend...this goes to show that with weed all tinz are possible...all hail the fiery afro singer..
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by gbanikiti(m): 8:57am On Oct 11, 2012
"singing Who Let the Dogs out? Whoof! Whoof! Whoof! Whoof!"
Boy,you need to get chains tied to your neck! Must you put tribal sentiments to your fuccking comments? Can't you just reason like a human for once? Dammit!
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by Rooneyboy(m): 8:57am On Oct 11, 2012
I'm very sure there'll be free display of igbo here for the choco lovers.
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by KINGwax(m): 8:58am On Oct 11, 2012
Billyonaire: If you ask me, I will say, that this Fela Shrine is at the long run, misplaced priority. Lagos needs massive infrastructural overhauling. Why are we talking about tourisms before infrastructural and security projects. Its like putting a cart before the Horse.
pls elucidate, was there ever a time lagos has not been trying to erect infrastructures?
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by Shaw007(m): 9:10am On Oct 11, 2012
"Kpeke! Kpeke!! Kpeke!!! . . .Oo le panu mi de Oooh;Oo le panu-u mi de,kpeke,kpe,kpeke!!" . . .The unknown soldiers tried and failed,they tried 2 shut the truth speakers mouth,they tried 2 destroy their fate;But what they did Only SEALED It!!!

The museun shall Haunt the Unknown soldiers to their grave,i doubt if they'll even visit it on opening or after

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 11, 2012
KINGwax: pls elucidate, was there ever a time lagos has not been trying to erect infrastructures?
Tourism is good, but its better when Security Infrastructures, perfected land transportation networks, intra-city rail network and stable electricity is in place. You dont invite people into an uncompleted building and expect them to come back after first impression. Priority first.
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by chino11(m): 9:48am On Oct 11, 2012
Usual Yoruba clueless projects..

Yorober party acn I hail you..
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by bayulll01(m): 9:58am On Oct 11, 2012
Billyonaire: Tourism is good, but its better when Security Infrastructures, perfected-city rail network and stable electricity is in place. You dont invite people into an uncompleted building and expect them to come back after first impression. Priority first.
oga shut d Bleep up joor,y dnt u tell ur pathetic president to work on that or beta go back to ur state of origin and tell thoes thieves u calld governor to stop embezlin money bigoted foool instead of u to say gud tinx for the first time in ur lyf
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by bayulll01(m): 10:01am On Oct 11, 2012
chino11: Usual Yoruba clueless projects..

Yorober party acn I hail you..
hatter go get a lyf,awo made mistake he should av seize all igboo properties instead of returning them,dnt wory when 9ja devide u pple will be sent packing to ur shiit hole dungeon,sebi una no wan learn
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by ypzilanti: 10:24am On Oct 11, 2012
That's the difference between Jonathan and Fashola on capital projects. Jonathan announces project, and then committees and committees. Fashola announces: work resumes shortly, completion soon after. He's not a saint,(everyone has their hands in the cookie jar in Nigeria) but he's one damn good administrator.
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by animari(f): 10:46am On Oct 11, 2012
hyper gig: Immortalising the spliff legend...this goes to show that with weed all tinz are possible...all hail the fiery afro singer..
hahahahaaaa nice one
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by chino11(m): 10:50am On Oct 11, 2012
bayulll01:
hatter go get a lyf,awo made mistake he should av seize all igboo properties instead of returning them,dnt wory when 9ja devide u pple will be sent packing to ur shiit hole dungeon,sebi una no wan learn

EWU!

Does that explain while your homo awoalowoa committed suicide.. grin grin grin grin grin?

Does that still explain why your Abiaola was killed like a chicken by the same hausa-fulani your leaders collected bribe to hand over to by ordinary almajiri to be slaughtered alongside their cows..

Does that explain why you monsters suffer and smile even when the almajiris used awoalowoa to do their dirty job..?

Well the good thing is that Awoalowoa did not die well..he committed suicide, if it were to be in Igbo land he will be thrown into the evil forest. But in ARM-ROBBER LAND Yoruba LAND they worship non-entities who got law degree at the age of 65. What a shameful tribe.
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by redsun(m): 10:56am On Oct 11, 2012
This is the only humane news this muderfucker has ever posted without sinistic uterior motives.Has he lost his way?

Fela symbolizes wisdom,struggle,unity and freedom for all.He was not tribal and definitely not a caveman.
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by redsun(m): 11:02am On Oct 11, 2012

This one is talking as if he has been in gulag all his life.Like he's been in siberia all his life.

Or is he a comedian?

grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. by bayulll01(m): 11:28am On Oct 11, 2012
chino11:

EWU!

Does that explain while your homo awoalowoa committed suicide.. grin grin grin grin grin?

Does that still explain why your Abiaola was killed like a chicken by the same hausa-fulani your leaders collected bribe to hand over to by ordinary almajiri to be slaughtered alongside their cows..

Does that explain why you monsters suffer and smile even when the almajiris used awoalowoa to do their dirty job..?

Well the good thing is that Awoalowoa did not die well..he committed suicide, if it were to be in Igbo land he will be thrown into the evil forest. But in ARM-ROBBER LAND Yoruba LAND they worship non-entities who got law degree at the age of 65. What a shameful tribe.
pathetic eediot ur situation has gone beyond redemption i stil talk am awo fuckd up u pple re annoying set of scumberg get a lyf cant trade words wit u

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toll Gates Back Soon On Federal Roads –onolememen / We Will Destroy Kaaba: Islamic State In Iraq And The Levant (ISIS) / JUST IN! 4 Dead As Political Thugs Clash At Isale Eko On Lagos Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.