Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office (11163 Views)

El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees / This Why Northern Nigeria Is Born To Rule And Dominate Other Nigerians(1) / Abia State: 16 Years Of PDP Rule And This Is The Outcome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by MajeOfficial: 1:22am On Oct 12, 2012
MAYOWAAK: Even Bankole is saying that Nigeria has bad leaders just like Boko Haram is condemning Aluu killing. These are the wonders of Nigeria
LMAO! True

at the same time, this 'insight' from Bankole is only relevant in Uganda. Which one of Nigeria's leaders have been sitting tight? I don't think our democratic process as flawed as it is has permitted anyone to sit tight pasted their tenure despite whatever they may desire to do. Not even Obasanjo. I at least give Nigeria credit for that. As far as training the next generation of leaders, we lack in that severly, but i do see how 'sit tight leaders' are a problem, no state has had a governor past 8 years and no president has passed 8 years since democracy, senators and congressmen leave when they're supposed to whether they're happy about it or not. His 'insight' is irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by browncool(m): 3:41am On Oct 12, 2012
I don't blame Bank nor Ole, I blame the media for granting listening ears and also publishing it as news
Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by jayplect(m): 4:35am On Oct 12, 2012
i wonder if it was only bankole FUNAAB culd see in the whole of nigeria to deliver public lecture
Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by meetyommy: 5:16am On Oct 12, 2012
It must be miserable to be you guys!

We kick at what thieves do yet we elect them when they give us stipends before elections.

How will change come if those who are suppose to stir the change are the people that aid this thieves?

I have been privileged to follow the American presidential campaign process and i see people are made to account for what they did while in office else they won't be allowed to serve...Nobody cares about who you are and what you have done...if you don't do it right then you don't have a right to be there!We just don't get it as Nigerians and until we do...we aren't going no where...

1 Like

Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by IleIfe2(m): 6:09am On Oct 12, 2012
MAYOWAAK: Even Bankole is saying that Nigeria has bad leaders just like Boko Haram is condemning Aluu killing. These are the wonders of Nigeria

grin grin grin grin
Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by preciousoz: 6:09am On Oct 12, 2012
Typical Nigerian....they turn activist and social crussader when they no longer benefit from govt. And the ignorant follow like twitter.

Smh

1 Like

Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by muyenmuyen: 7:45am On Oct 12, 2012
see Bankole oooo.he can still talkand some people bad leaders .shame shame. he was there one term and embezzled .what about if is there for 2 terms ,he would have drained treasury.
Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by Two4Two(m): 8:17am On Oct 12, 2012
This Guy BANK-OLE has nothing to offer as faras i am concerned. He is complaining that leaders want to rule and die in the office, while the masses are complaining generally that our leaders (including himself) love to loot while in the office. As long as a leader is delivering on what affect the lives of the masses positively, if he likes he can make it rulership a generational thing. Bank-Ole has no point.
Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by Jalal(m): 9:56am On Oct 12, 2012
Hmmm wonderful shall neva ending!
Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by Vogue50: 10:26am On Oct 12, 2012
Itohen: Embattled former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Oladimeji Bankole had on Thursday, berated Nigerian leaders for not giving the youth the opportunity to lead, rather they prefer to ‘die in office.’

The ex lawmaker had expressed his frustration over the matter in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital at the commencement of a public lecture of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAB) in Alabata.
The Lecture was entitled : “Mentoring and the challenges of leadership in Africa.”

According to Bankole, “These leaders failed to mentor those who are to take over from them and what we have instead are sit-tight leaders, who decide to die in office. Nigeria will only be placed on the path
of progress, growth and development when we start to prepare our youths for leadership.

“Proper tutelage is indispensable for success in any vocation and Nigeria must urgently start the process of dis-allowing untutored and untested persons from been given the saddle of leadership.”

Bankole said: “I wish to propose that we give further thought to ensuring that the choice of deputies is underlined by the requirement of competence and a modicum of collective enlightened self-interest.

“Another is the development of the agricultural sector. Studies have shown that our farming population across the country is ageing fast.
We must seek to build a system that enables us make creative use of people, who have occupied leading positions in our national life to gain useful experience.”

The ex speaker was of the opinion that democracy would survive if mentoring of upcoming leaders was taken seriously.
Present during the lecture were: Mr. Gbenga Adefaye, Editor-in-Chief/GM, Publication, Vanguard newspaper, and President, Nigerian Guild of Editors (NGE).
Others include: former Head of Service of the Federation, Prof. Oladapo Afolabi, who chaired the occasion, and the Vice Chancellor of FUNAB, Prof. Olusola Oyewole.
http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/10/11/our-leaders-love-rule-die-office-former-speaker-bankole/
It's now dawned on bankole that proper tutelage is indispensable for success in any vocation . Quite funny ! Was he tutored before he was given the saddle of leadership ? Simply not .
He abused his position due to his inexperience, arrogance and fraudulent practices . Am elated seeing him on the other side realizing his mistakes.
Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by usmanyaro17: 10:28am On Oct 12, 2012
See kettle calling pot black,you don't finish ur case with EFCC?sorry sir you are also a failed leader......
Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by k9ine(m): 10:46am On Oct 12, 2012
Kai I don suffer!
Do you mean it's Dimeji Bankole that is spewing this out of his 'mandibles'.
Infact I don't blame him, I blame OBJ who foistered him on us; EFCC who can't pursue the criminal case against him to an effective conclusion; and shamefully, the university's authority that invited this THIEF to speak.
Who knows, someday, the ICPC may invite him to give a speech on THE EFFECT OF CLANDESTINE GANG-STEALING FROM OUR NATIONALTREASURY BY POLTICIANS.
Ba wahala. A time is coming when even the cooking pots of these men will be sold, to pay for all that they stole from us.
Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by bibina: 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2012

i wan die for laugh smiley

i wan die for laugh
Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by irebombo: 1:36pm On Oct 12, 2012
OLORIBURUKU SOMEBODY IS TALKING YOU THAT STOLE THE MOST MONEY, ITS NOT YOUR FAULT THE NEXT THING YOU HERE THAT HES RUNNIG FOR OFFICE.
Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by bioye(m): 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
Going by the responses to this thread, it truly shows how ignorant the youth of this country are. God help us!
Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by moodswing(m): 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2012
"Bankole" A Yoruba word which means "Bank Robber". What did he say ?
Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by lumeneng22: 8:42pm On Oct 12, 2012
Sharap you thief, who give you mouth to talk? Bank of thieves egba oshi.
Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by kinguwem: 9:30pm On Oct 12, 2012
Bankole is a disappointment to the youths. Without people of his calibre assisting them, the elderly politicians cannot perpetrate themselves in office. The youths are usually used to snatch ballot boxes & to kill political opponents. The youths are not resourceful. They prefer to earn a living through crime.
Re: Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office by meetyommy: 7:08am On Oct 13, 2012
The elderly are there cos we youth are living in the dark...we are the cause of our own problem.we want to make money without having to work for it thus our economy is dependent on the very poor amongst us who work very hard to make a living.
Change will not come if we only come here to express our minds! Change will come when we live whatever we believe in...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cattle Colony: We Will Challenge In Court If Need Be. Kogi East Stakeholders / Breaking! Former Deputy Speaker Of The Kwara State House Of Assembly Dumps PDP / Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.