Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi (6652 Views)

Soldiers Conveying Goods Step On Mine At Nigeria/cameroon Border. Graphic Photos / Buhari, Obama, Ban Ki-Moon At UN General Meeting (Photos) / Ban Ki-Moon Lays Wreath At Scene Of Bomb Blast At UN House Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by jidestar: 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2012
inspirizu:

You are totally right bro, Nigeria got more land and we shud Be happy.

Talking abt cameroon, its a great loss to dem in dat d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ are the only country close to the Atlantic ocean and can not assess it because there are some island around the place.
stagger: There are too many people ignorant about that case.

The entire case bordered on border readjustment and allocation of rights to the waters off the Bight of Benin all the way to Sao Tome. Nigeria got more land allocated to it than was lost from Bakassi. Land was carved out from Cameroun and allocated to Adamawa and Taraba states. In addition, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Equatorial Guinea had all the water around that area shared between the 3 countries. The oil in this area is all offshore; the Bakassi landmass is barren. TOTALLY BARREN. THERE IS NO OIL IN THE BAKASSI PENINSULA. I have the facts of this case given to me by one of Nigeria's lawyers to the Hague where this case was handled.

I am sure that the Fed Govt was advised on the implications of an appeal. That would have meant reversing everything we got from that case, because Nigeria actually gained from that judgement. The only snag is that Nigeria should have resettled the Bakassi people into a special area created for them. Our constitution permits the creation of special areas for the purpose of census, voter's registration and elections.

One thing is that we never find out facts before rushing to judgement.

Yes, excuse ur fellow fisher man. Na we wee..
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by olagamalin(m): 7:17pm On Oct 12, 2012
Bright2: Honestly i am not from Bakassi penunsula area but i was so bittered that i refused to eat for two days based on this matter. Some times i wonder why can't this man Jonah atleast make us happy for ones? Giant of Africa my foot!
Really...oga, then you are not hungry
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by mikhebricks: 11:25pm On Oct 12, 2012
solomon111: STFU all of you!!.
Jonathan did the best in this situation.
Nigeria had no case.
What this would have done is to severe the good ties we have with cameroon,thereby endangering bakassi indigenes further.
Go and hold Obj and Gowon responsible,afterall they are both alive.
Mscheww!!
Jus because he didnt create d mess doesnt mean he shld sit by and not do the rite tin. All it takes for evil to triumph is for good ppl to do nothing. So in d name of peace with cameroon and foriegn pressure we shld sign our ppl over to anoda country? If any of you is from bakassi i bet you'l be feeln very betrayed ur country. Lets try n b patriotic for a change and stand/fight for ourselves. Our president just turned his back on his our people,telln dem dey r no more Nigerians, dats soo sad. When wld we stop collecting instructions from foriegners in the name of financial aid? God help us
Re: Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi by Bambazee: 8:14am On Oct 15, 2012
mikhebricks:
Jus because he didnt create d mess doesnt mean he shld sit by and not do the rite tin. All it takes for evil to triumph is for good ppl to do nothing. So in d name of peace with cameroon and foriegn pressure we shld sign our ppl over to anoda country? If any of you is from bakassi i bet you'l be feeln very betrayed ur country. Lets try n b patriotic for a change and stand/fight for ourselves. Our president just turned his back on his our people,telln dem dey r no more Nigerians, dats soo sad. When wld we stop collecting instructions from foriegners in the name of financial aid? God help us

Look guys.. This is an agreement that has been signed long before GEJ wore his dreaming hat to be president.. In as much as he is d easiest target for bashing among presidents, this is worth commendation among many other better presidents. Look at Bank Ki's country South Korea, they have been dragging for two islands with Japan for decades. We canot afford to add cross border conflicts to our national insecurity issues and general impunity. We cannot become another Iraq wher the ogonis/bakasi ppl will be like the kurdish minority, or be like india and pakistan fighting over kashmir region... GEJ has done the best and sensible thing in this case. Thougfh he is till an olodo sha.. loool.. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe Tops As The Most Educated President In The World... / Breaking! Yorubas Youths Attack Igbos At PVC Registration Center (Video,Pix) / 2023: Court Sacks Akwa Ibom APC Guber Candidate Udofia, Orders New One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.