Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

I'm Afraid I'm Infertile! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm Afraid I'm Infertile! (1698 Views)

... / I'm Afraid Of Going For HIV Because Of My Past. What Should I Do? / Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Afraid I'm Infertile! by mamaxxx: 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2012
Doctors in the house I need your advice on this. So there was a period of about 8 months when I bled wenever I had sexual intercourse, the bleeding usually started during and lasted till the follwoing day after intercourse. It stopped though, without medical intervention. (Please don't ask y I didn't seek medical help then)

I've had regular mensutural periods, up until 3 months back when I was on regular intake of postinor for about 2 months..which even left me bleeding atsome point for about 2 weeks.

Now I'm scared that with my past neglect of my sexual health I may have damaged something there and thus rendered myself infertile. Please talk to me!

Ps- I take my reproductive health very serious now, I've even run a couple of tests and scans which shows that everything is healthy except that I have an inverted womb, however I'm scared that the result of this my past carelessly with only surface when I try to conceive. I'm scared, I want nothing more than to be a mother.

Please also note that my patner and I have been having unprotected sex , thought he withdraws before ejaculation, but I still wonder y conception hasn't taken place. I just need reassurance
Re: I'm Afraid I'm Infertile! by laurend1985(f): 10:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
mamaxxx: Doctors in the house I need your advice on this. So there was a period of about 8 months when I bled wenever I had sexual intercourse, the bleeding usually started during and lasted till the follwoing day after intercourse. It stopped though, without medical intervention. (Please don't ask y I didn't seek medical help then)

I've had regular mensutural periods, up until 3 months back when I was on regular intake of postinor for about 2 months..which even left me bleeding atsome point for about 2 weeks.

Now I'm scared that with my past neglect of my sexual health I may have damaged something there and thus rendered myself infertile. Please talk to me!

Ps- I take my reproductive health very serious now, I've even run a couple of tests and scans which shows that everything is healthy except that I have an inverted womb, however I'm scared that the result of this my past carelessly with only surface when I try to conceive. I'm scared, I want nothing more than to be a mother.

Please also note that my patner and I have been having unprotected sex , thought he withdraws before ejaculation, but I still wonder y conception hasn't taken place. I just need reassurance

What is postinor?

The only way to tell you are infertile is to see a doctor and let him tell you. Do you want to have children with your boyfriend? Does he want to have children with you? These are the things you should be asking? You might not be infertile just unlucky but your boyfriend is using the withdrawl method of birth control, he might not be ready to have children.
Re: I'm Afraid I'm Infertile! by laurend1985(f): 10:35pm On Oct 11, 2012
I looked it up. You hormones are probably off from using Postinor. If you need to take birth control get the pill or condoms. Stop using it that way, it's only for emergencies.

Take 2 pills within 120 hours after unprotected sex. This 2-pill dose contains 1.5 mg of levonorgestrel. (In some countries, a 1-pill formulation is available under the brand name Postinor 1 or Postinor2 Unidosis, and a single pill contains 1.5 mg of levonorgestrel.) Click here for a list of countries where Postinor and other emergency contraceptive pill brands are available, or you can search for other morning after pill brands available worldwide using our pills database.
Re: I'm Afraid I'm Infertile! by laurend1985(f): 10:42pm On Oct 11, 2012
You will probably be okay but you have to stop using an emergency contraceptive as a regular contraceptive. It might take months before your body heals itself. If you are having sex put on your big girl pants and go to the doctor to get a contraceptive or ask boyfriend to use a condom. Let's see him be responsible too.
Re: I'm Afraid I'm Infertile! by diva90: 11:41pm On Oct 13, 2012
Are u trying to conceive? Stop popping postinor anyhow, u are abusing the drug and abusing ur body. U can't really say if u are infertile unless u try to get pregnant and it's not coming tru within a yr ..... So be patient and do the right thing

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3 Magical Home Treatments For Pimples. Worked Very Fine For Me! / 5 Foods That Can Damage The Skin / DOCTORS:ARE YOU PREPARING FOR PAEDIATRICS PRIMARIES OR JUST PASSED ONE:lets talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.