Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile (14465 Views)

Men Beware! This Sex Position Could Break Your Manhood! / The New Female Condom Which Can 'make A Woman Orgasm Every Time' / ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by Tokotaya: 10:18am On Nov 06, 2012
Gentlemen, if you consistently expose your Googles to heat, such as is generated by a laptop, you may be damaging your sperm and be unable to father a child, according to doctors who recently helped an infertile man solve his problem.

Computer buff Scott Reed and wife Laura tried in vain to start a family before doctors told him the laptop he always rested on his knees was to blame.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-B4d709bA1H4/UJjPje9SiHI/AAAAAAAABEw/fS_uuWIDEuM/s1600/Scott+Reed.jpg[/img]
Reed On His Laptop

They said the PC was generating so much heat around his Googles that his sperm was being damaged.

Scott, 30, immediately switched to using the laptop on a table – and three months later Laura, also 30, became pregnant with daughter Taryn.

[img]http://nld2.vcmedia.vn/dxlNyscccccccccccc0LrfrNo7RxIh/Image/2012/11/vo-sinh_2f484.jpg[/img]
Reed With Wife and Daughter

Now, 10 months after her birth, the couple, from Clanfield, Hants, still can’t quite believe the answer was so simple.

Laura, a pathologist, said: “I’ve never heard of this happening before. It was a real shock.

“Scott would use his laptop in the evenings for a couple of hours on and off while we were watching television.

“He used it for work and general things like Facebook. We had absolutely no idea the damage it was causing him.”

Electrician Scott and Laura were considering IVF when their GP sent them for tests at Queen Alexandra hospital in Portsmouth.

Scott said: “Apparently the problem is common in chefs because they work in a hot environment.

But I’d never have dreamt it could be caused by a laptop computer.”

Biomedical expert Sue Kenworthy confirmed: “Men should place the laptop on a table rather than their lap.”

SOURCE
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by fadamekus(m): 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2012
1st to coment hahaha :D1st to coment hahaha
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by dotcomnamename: 1:12pm On Nov 06, 2012
Tokotaya:

SOURCE

Nawa O! Oyinbo with their research grin

2 Likes

Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by lynton(m): 1:12pm On Nov 06, 2012
Really? That means wahala dee for guys in 9ja because most us do it. Thanks for this information

1 Like

Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by sauceEEP(m): 1:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
fadamekus: 1st to coment hahaha :D1st to coment hahaha
ok make u go dance windeck infront of a major road.

7 Likes

Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by Panshow(m): 1:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
Wetin we no go hear?.
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by BashMe1(m): 1:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
Noted... Bur even at that, no try me wiv ur babe o. I dey Kane scatter

3 Likes

Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by Idango(m): 1:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
It is true, i had it over and over before.
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by gabriel212: 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
I must put an end to it caz am used to it evry day except when in office.
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by Idango(m): 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
It is true, i heard it over and over before.
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by Tyche(m): 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
LMAO at googles.
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by emekson(m): 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
Abeg what is googles o!
what about people who works in bakery, factory
heeeheehe.... Na today

1 Like

Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by TableLeg(m): 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
Idango: It is true, i had it over and over before.

You "had" it over and over again before

Topic ....

Thanks for letting us know!
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
If JAMB ask me to summarize this long story in one sentence, I go say:

"Placing a laptop on ur thighs can grill ur preek and blockors"

No long thing!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by ignis: 1:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
Then the name should be changed from laptop to tabletop, if its not supposed to be placed on lap but table.

2 Likes

Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by Detonatorrex(m): 1:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
15th..not so good but well,better luck next timegrin
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by sauceEEP(m): 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
emekson: Abeg what is googles o!
heeeheehe.... Na today
googles na dat stuff wey no go school for pesin body. grin
emekson: Abeg what is googles o!
heeeheehe.... Na today
googles na dat stuff wey no go school for pesin body.
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by ogochukwunasa1: 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
ok seun. we are waitin for the next news
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by pawpawguy: 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
this will be of help in child control....lol

1 Like

Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by Zi: 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
I thought Google was a search engine?! angry
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by purplekayc(m): 1:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
Uh?? undecided
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 06, 2012
u better don't let our pastors hear this.... many couples are going for deliverance cos they need children...

hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by iamswizz(m): 1:21pm On Nov 06, 2012
Old news....
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by fadamekus(m): 1:25pm On Nov 06, 2012
sauceEEP: ok make u go dance windeck infront of a major road.
Network erro pls try again later tongue
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by Horus(m): 1:25pm On Nov 06, 2012
You should use the laptop on a table only not on your knees.
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by otumfour(m): 1:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
and 'em tight arrz boxer shorts angry
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by maskid(m): 1:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
lynton: Really? That means wahala dee for guys in 9ja because most us do it. Thanks for this information

Bros leave that thing.. for this country? NOTHING DEY PAR!!! we full ground . even with our weather + working in factory. we still fit giv woman belle by only touching her. for this country? dnt even go there. is his laptop hotter than maiduguri weather

Mschteeew!!

2 Likes

Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by oluking: 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2012

Congratulations!since for ya life you no carry first for school.

1 Like

Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by TableLeg(m): 1:30pm On Nov 06, 2012
Raaasclaaart!
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by maskid(m): 1:30pm On Nov 06, 2012
Zi: I thought Google was a search engine?! angry

i swear my father!! i tut so too
Re: Men Beware! Your Laptop Can Make You Infertile by maskid(m): 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2012

u sabi say u neva still say anything?. wich comment u make now? u dey there dey dance etighi.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Women: Know More About Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) / Muslims Panic After Thousands Of Black Insects Invade Mecca / Experts Raise Alarm Over Rising Cases Of Cooking Gas Explosions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.