Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,894 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady (15826 Views)

Man Arrested For Defrauding Dead Friend / Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos / Student Jailed For Stealing BlackBerry In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by Clemzy16(m): 1:31pm On Oct 12, 2012
Nigerians are the most sensitive people on earth. It's obvious Oyinbo's are dumb. After all the awareness of 419'ners they still fall for that cheap prank. Maga don pay, man must chop. Me feel pity for the poor boy, he would have missed alot of test before he comes out of prison.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by fm7070: 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2012
the guy no settle, that's why he was caught.
in Nigeria, you commit small financial crime and get big jail term, commit big financial crime, get smaaaal jail term
Ref: Cecillia Ibru, Tafa Balogun, Alamesieha, etc
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by obowunmi(m): 2:12pm On Oct 12, 2012
After all the documentaries the Europeans have done on this 419 scams, I wonder how someone will still fall for it in 2012.

I have no sympathy for the woman. She needs psychiatric attention - I don't know how you at 65 year old plus will want a 19 year old African boy to come and start licking your toto/kpekus, what kind of rubbish is that?

At 19, he's not even fully an adult. These boys are still trying to figure out who they are in life - while you grandmama have lived and starting to go thru menopause. After 10 kids and 5 husbands. If her husband steals her money in Europe: will he be jailed?

The boy should be left alone. She is more of a criminal and child molester than he is.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by StarblackM: 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
only 9.2k usd.The guy should have been smarter than this any way...Make good use of your life folks.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by Talk2naija(m): 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
I just don't knw how these guys think, I have a woman also who is also a victim to a Nigerian, in which the claimed to be a british, I met this woman online,one faithful day and I see how madly she is inlove with his guy not knowing he's a Nigerian,she fall a victim to him for 2 years, in which this guy has collected a large some of amount. After all this scam for 2 years yet he never stop until, I met her and show her the light.. Now I have to clean the mess, Guys you can make without lying to this woman, just be honest to urself and her that's the key! I Beg youN enyf of this yama yama you don give our beloved country.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by AkinDavid2: 2:30pm On Oct 12, 2012
kay dibs: LoL. Dat woman fell for the oldest trick in the book. Can't believe a person could be that.....

Oldest 'cos you are just hearing it...check it out it was done like 4 years ago! So..
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by braine(m): 2:44pm On Oct 12, 2012
You know, white people will do anything when it concerns matters of the heart. I don't blame her. He caught her at her weak point. Moreover you don't expect every one to be intelligent.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by estoyvivo: 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
mehn i go like learn job from that guy oh,e b like say e knw am well.nice one bro.atleast u nor carry gun man must survive,if dem dey talk abt am wat abt our politicians,d subsidy scam and the rest?,mehn guy u work am well.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by slim147(m): 3:57pm On Oct 12, 2012
Seriously, I don't believe any of this story, it seems pretty all made up somehow. I can tell you there's nothing of this bs, Who's this guy, what's his name? What level is he? What course? How was he caught. Efcc what Give me a break. @Nora, stop giving us bs.
Seriously, I don't see any form of Scam here. In USA, You just don't report this kind of shit , cos you'll probably get jailed for breaking the law . Its all over the place, Don't send money to people you don't know, You do it at your own risk. A friend of mine in TN got scammed many times. I asked her why she didn't report any of those. She said she'll get herself into trouble if she reports ever releasing her credit card info and bank info to someone she didn't know. Even MSN messenger writes it clearly at the top chat box. 'Do not give anyone your credit card info' Ya'll stop giving us shit.
Nigeria is a shit crap country no doubt, I bet the guy is the one getting scammed here if this whole thing is true, cos the so called lammed efcc are bagging the $9k. #fact#
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by obowunmi(m): 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2012
Lanreclassic:
I shake my head for your children,children...People like you will come here to complain that most countries r denying legal applicants of their visa...y won't things like this scare them.
i just hope youths of nowadays will learn from this ordeal....hardwork pays

How come this comment remains ? And my comment was deleted?

Lanre, I shake your head for your children, children...your entire generation sef.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by obowunmi(m): 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2012
Lanreclassic:
I shake my head for your children,children...People like you will come here to complain that most countries r denying legal applicants of their visa...y won't things like this scare them.
i just hope youths of nowadays will learn from this ordeal....hardwork pays

How come this comment remains ? And my comment was deleted? Moderators you better watch your self.

Lanre, I shake your head for your children, children...your entire generation sef.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by swtcharissa(f): 5:51pm On Oct 12, 2012
[color=#000000][/color]so oyibo woman hussle like dis for marriage?she almost dey pay her pride prize sef to d guy
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by xanda4(m): 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2012
Abeg jor d guy na smart but careless dude.... But as for d woman she be AMERICAN! COW!! COW!!! grin
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by Lanreclassic(m): 8:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
justwise:

Yes i'm not messing about with my comment here, the money should be given to EFCC and next time these silly women should pay for the investigation.

Enough, far enough coverage has been given to this issue around the world mostly in America, UK, Australia and Malaysia, do not send money to strangers you met online, i can give you clips after clips of this issue being highlighted, tv programs being done to educate people about this same romance scam.

Almost all the women in these programs deliberately refused to listen to warnings from family members, its not one way traffic, these women have to share of the blame.

Yes we should trust people but do it with sense, picture is not an evidence that somebody is really, phone calls is not an evidence, foreign IP address or not, the warning is still the same, Do Not Send Money To People You Met Online.

But if you risk it then blame yourself and don't come out crying foul.

I have undying hatred for yahoo yahoo boys/419ners/scammers and at the same time i can't stand people who keep feeding these criminals despite the warnings the coverage.

You might as well want to believe that these innocent people are immune against jars and diabolical powers used by these yahoo yahoo guys....is that?
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by Lanreclassic(m): 10:46pm On Oct 12, 2012
obowunmi:

How come this comment remains ? And my comment was deleted?

The only reason why I think well- to- do-moderators didn't remove my post against your barbaric post is because they are positive minded Nigerians. They know that seeing people like you supporting this kind of act is a threat to future of our Children Children....

Truth is as better as AGBO IYA IJEBU!!!
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by mikhebricks: 11:56pm On Oct 12, 2012
Kslib: Wait oh,i think the whites always perceive the blacks as dumb? If so,then why do they still fall for such scams despite how popular it is... This same people aaddress blacks as 419'ners/fraudsters,then for heaven's sake why do they still fall for such things... Omo na im be say black man na oga for "HYPNOTISM".. I wont be surprised,if that same woman falls for another scam..
She's in her house expectn her money monthly while d guy wld b having a vacation in a correction facility..who's dumb?
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by kpolli(m): 3:14am On Oct 13, 2012
obowunmi: The woman should be jailed for her stupidity. Abeg, leave the boy joor.

Na so Americans dey fall for Romney lyrics
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by justwise(m): 7:28am On Oct 13, 2012
Lanreclassic:

You might as well want to believe that these innocent people are immune against jars and diabolical powers used by these yahoo yahoo guys....is that?

If at this age and your level of education you still believe in such nonsense then you are living in a wrong planet.

'Jars and diabolical power' my backside!!
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by blackbeau1(f): 8:20am On Oct 13, 2012
So Obj,Bankole and oda leaders steal money and no one imprisons them but 'justice is quick to prevail' in the case of the ordinary man.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by MrNicer: 12:45pm On Oct 13, 2012
Billyonaire: Love is the greatest scam of all time! Many Nigerian ladies are milking fellow Nigerian men dry, EFCC needs to start arresting our BB gurls.
shocked
Billyonaire: Love is the greatest scam of all time! Many Nigerian ladies are milking fellow Nigerian men dry, EFCC needs to start arresting our BB gurls.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by nairaman66(m): 1:06pm On Oct 13, 2012
Maga pay, mugu refund!
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by kalvin1: 7:24pm On Oct 13, 2012
A student has comitted a crime and sharp sharp he has been arraigned and judgement pronounced..straight to jail..but farouk, timpre silva, james ibori, capital oil boss etc are still awaitig trial....SO HARD AND PAINFUL....
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by UmericanGirl(f): 6:06am On Oct 14, 2012
Skype/Webcam/Video/Telephone Calls..

Did she not do any of these?
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 14, 2012
Okija_juju: In other News.. Maga strikes back..

3 CHEERS for whoever this lady is grin. However I do feel that is too much jail time for less than $10,000 undecided
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 14, 2012
chemashie: Sometimes these white pigs can put you into a tight corner with their marriage demands. It happened to me while serving in Jos, the woman was 56yrs old then & desperately needs a man to marry. My fellow corps members thought i was crazy to have rejected the money she was offering me to come down to UK. She cries each time she fails to force me accept her proposal. How do i tell my poor mum that i want to marry her age mate for goodness sake? I spent most of my valuable time chatting with this frog even when in class doing tutorial for unijos students. She made me abandoned the facebook account for over a year before I opened another one.

Although you rejected money that your friends knew about, I'm sure she gave you some money. You had your own personal "piggy" bank. Abeg, how much did you milk from her? angry
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by starboy15(m): 11:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
abeg free my guy joor,if that woman get small sense she 4 hide face bt dat no mean say my guy do gud oh.d book wey dm send am 2 go learn 4 skul na im I.T be that.peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

40-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Raping 14-Year-Old Girl In Anambra / Lawrence Anini Saga: 32 Years After (full Story Inside) / Man Cuts Off His Friend's Head And Reported Himself To The Police -graphic Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.