Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady (15827 Views)

Man Arrested For Defrauding Dead Friend / Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos / Student Jailed For Stealing BlackBerry In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by Dopefiend(m): 10:22am On Oct 12, 2012
Bushmeat don catch d hunter.... Unilag students gotta up deir game mhen
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by chemashie(m): 10:24am On Oct 12, 2012
onatisi:

really ! pls tell me how much was she offering ,
She wanted to do everything from visa application, travelling & anything at all. I don‘t like remebering those things again. Am now married with a beautiful daughter. My name is more important than any other thing.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by blaise26abj(m): 10:33am On Oct 12, 2012
18 months in real time = 9 months in prison time ( morning = a day, night = a day). and sentence starts from march.so he spends 1 month in jail. I like this kain plea bargain. Ibori messed up o
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 12, 2012
Just $9,200 and he was nabbed...that was not smart
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by coogar: 10:33am On Oct 12, 2012
chemashie:
Bro, am not dat kind of person, my profile is everywhere online & facebook. I served with chemistry dept, unijos and make huge money doing tutorial in chemistry & mathematics courses. I was highly honoured by academic staff, non-academic staff & students of chemistry dept, while i was leaving after 12months of meritorious service. Am currently a teaching assistant with Chem dept, unilag & into online businesses. Here is my page www.facebook.com/NaijaMarketPlace. Pls get ur fact before u stain me with such stuff.

oh shut your mouth and spare me your holier than thou attitude!
if i am not mistaken, this rich white woman picked you out of the lot, started sending love messages to you, offered you money without any form of co-operation from you? who are you? van vicker junior?

justwise:
coogar its completely silly and stupid to send such amount of money to somebody you never met, all she has is picture and it could be anybody's picture. Yes it does work out for some and those are those who took their time to know who they are dealing with.

we don't know how long they met before she started sending money. you don't know if she did these tests and the boy passed. these boys don't start asking money from day one. they win the trust of these women, make them fall in live before they start asking for money. have you forgotten the documentary channel 4 showed some years back - this naija dude that followed a british woman to south africa for her surgery? the woman said nothing else mattered anymore because the guy stood by her during her most difficult moment - the boy went on to defraud her of £400,000 and the woman didn't give a damn - all that is in her head was just the fact the boy stood by her in the hospital!

Refusing to send money and insisting on meeting that person first is one of the ways to find out more about the real motive behind the..... 'i love you'....

many of these women don't want to come to naija - the boys even discourage the idea unless they are in it for marriage! so sending money becomes the only avenue to facilitate their meeting up! the woman sent the money so the boy could meet her in america, not because she's promised 90% share of his N360 billion inheritance!
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by Nbwitgtrix(m): 10:34am On Oct 12, 2012
U fucking niggas just de make noise, they guy wan make use of his Talent.
No one should disturb him.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by Lanreclassic(m): 10:38am On Oct 12, 2012
obowunmi: The woman should be jailed for her stupidity. Abeg, leave the boy joor.
I shake my head for your children,children...People like you will come here to complain that most countries r denying legal applicants of their visa...y won't things like this scare them.
i just hope youths of nowadays will learn from this ordeal....hardwork pays
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by Lanreclassic(m): 10:42am On Oct 12, 2012
Nbwitgtrix: U fucking niggas just de make noise, they guy wan make use of his Talent.
No one should disturb him.
Talents like these are better used in the prison!
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by chemashie(m): 10:46am On Oct 12, 2012
@ coogar, i don‘t have ur time & besides, am too busy to exchange words with anyone on nairaland. You can continue to rant & spew ur trash. Put up your profile for all to see and stop hiding under faceless forum.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by justwise(m): 10:50am On Oct 12, 2012
coogar:

oh shut your mouth and spare me your holier than thou attitude!
if i am not mistaken, this rich white woman picked you out of the lot, started sending love messages to you, offered you money without any form of co-operation from you? who are you? van vicker junior?

we don't know how long they met before she started sending money. you don't know if she did these tests and the boy passed. these boys don't start asking money from day one. they win the trust of these women, make them fall in live before they start asking for money. have you forgotten the documentary channel 4 showed some years back - this naija dude that followed a british woman to south africa for her surgery? the woman said nothing else mattered anymore because the guy stood by her during her most difficult moment - the boy went on to defraud her of £400,000 and the woman didn't give a damn - all that is in her head was just the fact the boy stood by her in the hospital!

many of these women don't want to come to naija - the boys even discourage the idea unless they are in it for marriage! so sending money becomes the only avenue to facilitate their meeting up! the woman sent the money so the boy could meet her in america, not because she's promised 90% share of his N360 billion inheritance!

The case of British woman and the Nigerian in SA is different, the woman went to SA to meet the Nigerian, it was while she was there that she went for the surgery and the Nigerian stood by her, at least they have some physical contact the emotional connection, she valued his support more than anything else.

If they don't want to go to Nigerian and prefer using their money to buy love then when they got defrauded they should not jump to the press to paint Nigeria black.

They should cry over there silliness and shut up. Family members might have warned them but they keep sending money but the moment it hits them they run to the press to cry their eyes out.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by Lanreclassic(m): 10:53am On Oct 12, 2012
justwise: The money should not be returned to the woman it should be given to EFCC for their effort. The woman is silly and i don't feel sorry for her.

Despite all the warnings in the press some people still send money to strangers and cry foul after?

I can't just believe this is coming from my highly respected justwise...these guys uses diabolical powers,hidden IP,and a whole lots of international partners.
Is it a crime to trust someone?..y is this so particular about Nigeria?....its Good will call a spade a spade.

NOTE:Many are watching your comments,you cant afford to misled them
#myThoughts
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by Sircuba: 10:55am On Oct 12, 2012
Dis is d money our grandfather has labour for...
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:57am On Oct 12, 2012
Mehn...but some people are gullibe sha! shocked That is one STUPID woman!!!! tongue
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by nora544: 10:58am On Oct 12, 2012
It is very good what they make with this scamer.

I am a white lady and i work against this scamer, and this yahoo boys sometimes are very good but not good enough for me. I know so much about this yahoo boys and not all from nigeria. You cannot imagine how fast this boys fell in love with you. All want to marrry you very fast. I have a profil on tagged and in my profil they can read that i am in an realationship, but this didnot help me to get no messages from this yahoo boys.

So i am very happy what happen now in nigeria with this yahoo boys that they have to go to jail, I can tell you how they work but it is better not to tell this on a side like this because they can learn, what i do is when i have the real pic from him than i put it on a special side that everyboedy can see that he is a scamer.
Not all white woman are rich, some feel alone and want only love not more so they give all the money they didnot need to this boys because this boys could write so good letters and some are very good.

The big days for this boys are over since one year and that is good.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by coogar: 10:59am On Oct 12, 2012
Lanreclassic:

I can't just believe this is coming from my highly respected justwise...these guys uses diabolical powers,hidden IP,and a whole lots of international partners.
Is it a crime to trust someone?..y is this so particular about Nigeria?....its Good will call a spade a spade.

#myThoughts

justwise, this comment has spoken my mind - i don't need to reply you any further! we should stop blaming the victims, the fault lies with the criminals!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by fittty(m): 11:00am On Oct 12, 2012
Bunchers stab: Abeg who know d format wey e use chop d woman
grin
You sef won hammer
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by BUSHMAN1: 11:14am On Oct 12, 2012
although i don,t cordone what the student did,and i also blame the american woman,but this is to show that white people or people who live in civilised countries unlike nigeria still have trust, something that nigerians lack, and because white poeple are very lonely people, most of them either do not have children or families, most of the time they accept their pets like dogs and cats as families so any attention or care from anyone even from any angle makes them.. feel important so they end up trusting, and they end up heartbrocken when this trust is breached.. its a shame because she could have given him more, without him defrauding her.. i know because i am married to one and we are happy with or without money
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 12, 2012
I trust the money Cargo launher's of LAUTECH
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by justwise(m): 11:22am On Oct 12, 2012
Lanreclassic:

#myThoughts

Yes i'm not messing about with my comment here, the money should be given to EFCC and next time these silly women should pay for the investigation.

Enough, far enough coverage has been given to this issue around the world mostly in America, UK, Australia and Malaysia, do not send money to strangers you met online, i can give you clips after clips of this issue being highlighted, tv programs being done to educate people about this same romance scam.

Almost all the women in these programs deliberately refused to listen to warnings from family members, its not one way traffic, these women have to share of the blame.

Yes we should trust people but do it with sense, picture is not an evidence that somebody is really, phone calls is not an evidence, foreign IP address or not, the warning is still the same, Do Not Send Money To People You Met Online.

But if you risk it then blame yourself and don't come out crying foul.

I have undying hatred for yahoo yahoo boys/419ners/scammers and at the same time i can't stand people who keep feeding these criminals despite the warnings the coverage.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by coogar: 11:24am On Oct 12, 2012
nora544: It is very good what they make with this scamer.

I am a white lady and i work against this scamer, and this yahoo boys sometimes are very good but not good enough for me. I know so much about this yahoo boys and not all from nigeria. You cannot imagine how fast this boys fell in love with you. All want to marrry you very fast. I have a profil on tagged and in my profil they can read that i am in an realationship, but this didnot help me to get no messages from this yahoo boys.

So i am very happy what happen now in nigeria with this yahoo boys that they have to go to jail, I can tell you how they work but it is better not to tell this on a side like this because they can learn, what i do is when i have the real pic from him than i put it on a special side that everyboedy can see that he is a scamer.
Not all white woman are rich, some feel alone and want only love not more so they give all the money they didnot need to this boys because this boys could write so good letters and some are very good.

which country are you from, nora? finland or georgia?
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by chemashie(m): 11:35am On Oct 12, 2012
@ nora5, is very difficult to get hold of there pix cos they will never use their real pictures knowingfully well their heinous intention. When you seek love online you find yourself in their hands. They went as far as registering on some online paid dating sites, even expensive ones and you find it difficult to differentiate between fake or original guys.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by justwise(m): 11:39am On Oct 12, 2012
nora544: It is very good what they make with this scamer.

You can be sure that the picture you have is their actual picture only of you got it from their webcam screen.

They nick pictures very all sorts of places to pass it as theirs

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by nora544: 11:49am On Oct 12, 2012
You can be sure that the picture you have is their actual picture only of you got it from their webcam screen.

Yeah I know this and i have there webcam pic and I know how i get there real face, trust me I know very much and I like to play with them. One guy he ask for money i told him that he have to travel to abuja to a special bank where he could get the money, but no money was there so he lose the money for his travel and a hotel in Abuja, he lives in lagos.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by haibe(m): 11:53am On Oct 12, 2012
How did they catch him is my question??
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by nora544: 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
How did they catch him is my question??

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

I know what I make and for me it is sometimes very funny to play with them. I cannot tell how i work, because that would help them to get better.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by chemashie(m): 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
nora544:
I know what I make and for me it is sometimes very funny to play with them. I cannot tell how i work, because that would help them to get better.
I love that ma‘am, u don‘t need to open it on forum here so they won‘t get the method you have been using. These guys are giving us bad names and is really affecting our international businesses most especially exportation business because all Nigerians are scammers in their minds.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by nora544: 12:22pm On Oct 12, 2012
@ nora5, is very difficult to get hold of there pix cos they will never use their real pictures knowingfully well their heinous intention. When you seek love online you find yourself in their hands. They went as far as registering on some online paid dating sites, even expensive ones and you find it difficult to differentiate between fake or original guys.

We know about this problem, that is why we work against and sometimes be bring stories to the TV and this helps very much.
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by nora544: 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2012
I love that ma‘am, u don‘t need to open it on forum here so they won‘t get the method you have been using. These guys are giving us bad names and is really affecting our international businesses most especially exportation business because all Nigerians are scammers in their minds.

Yeah that is so true because i know not every nigerian is like that but it is very hard to show the people in europa that you find also nigerians you can trust.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by waleski(m): 12:35pm On Oct 12, 2012
Instead of them to go after d ones draining d money of the country,they are going after small chops useless people
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by mallorca(m): 12:50pm On Oct 12, 2012
Bunchers stab: Abeg who know d format wey e use chop d woman
inbox me Asap
Re: UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady by LADIbaba(m): 12:52pm On Oct 12, 2012
beatrice webb: Greatest Akokite.......

you mean greatest maulite grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lawrence Anini Saga: 32 Years After (full Story Inside) / Man Cuts Off His Friend's Head And Reported Himself To The Police -graphic Video / Policemen Seen Assaulting A Lawyer In Onitsha (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.