Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! (17885 Views)

Secondary School Girl Brings Her Entire Family To Beat Up Her Teacher / Oba Of Benin Sends Thugs With Arms To Beat-up Teacher / If U Had A Chance, To Punish Ur Past Sec School Teacher? Who And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Osisinakpo(m): 10:19am On Oct 12, 2012
Odd isnt it?

I wonder what prompt the teacher to do that or was she not aware that the little girl is Oba's ground daughter, or is there no longer tradition and ethics in our nigeria schools these days?

Teachers of the Federal Government Girls Secondary School in Benin City, have threatened to down tools over an attack on some of them by some suspected thugs.

P.M.NEWS gathered that the suspected hoodlums invaded the school Monday and manhandled some teachers over the alleged flogging of a student in the school by one of the teachers.

The flogged student is said to be a granddaughter of the Benin Monarch, Oba Erediauwa.

She was allegedly injured on the hand after being flogged by the teacher.

Thugs who stormed the school the thereafter demanded to see the teacher that flogged the girl.

When their demand was not met, they resorted to manhandling the teachers around, including one of the Vice Principals.

State Chairman of TUC, Joe Aligbe who confirmed that the thugs were armed and threatened to return if the staff was not produced, said the flogging incident which took place two weeks ago was not reported to the school authorities.

“Our members are now afraid. We are here to appeal to them for calm. The principal is not aware. I know the Benin Monarch will not approve of this action,” he said.

Vice Principal, Special Duties, Mr. Ihiridan Harga said the school management team are new and was not aware of the flogging of a Benin Princess, adding: “The alleged offence was committed before we resume here. We were not aware of the flogging. They were many and led by two chiefs.”

“We didn’t even know the staff they claim that beat up the granddaughter of the Oba of Benin. They started beating up everybody. The principal invited the police and the police said they must get invitation by writing before they come. The police didn’t come.”

The Public Relations Officer to the Benin Palace, Robinson Osayamen said he was not aware of the incident.

He however confirmed receiving calls from journalists on the incident.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/10/11/thugs-beat-teachers-after-obas-grand-child-flogged/
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Ramcie(f): 10:37am On Oct 12, 2012
I really don't know what transpired but are you trying to support the claim that cos she is the Oba's grand daughter she shouldn't be disciplined So you support selective discipline Moreover the Oba shouldn't have sent thugs that is if he actually sent them cos thugs are demeaning rather he should have sent place guards those ones make sense grin cheesy
Poor teacher. sad

16 Likes

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Osisinakpo(m): 10:48am On Oct 12, 2012
Ramcie: I really don't know what transpired but are you trying to support the claim that cos she is the Oba's grand daughter she shouldn't be disciplined So you support selective discipline Moreover the Oba shouldn't have sent thugs that is if he actually sent them cos thugs are demeaning rather he should have sent place guards those ones make sense grin cheesy
Poor teacher. sad

Do you mean place guards Or PALACE GUARD?

1 Like

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by free2ryhme: 11:19am On Oct 12, 2012
na wa ooo .. so becos teacher beat pupil wey be oba grandfather thugs carry fight for head. what of children wey no be oba grandchild wey dem dey flog daily nkor? how dey go do nah? dfis is abuse of authority, position, and privilegdes.. I know the oba of benin will not condescend to this lebel.. Oba Ato kpee .. Ise
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Okijajuju1(m): 11:19am On Oct 12, 2012
ALUUism ON DISPLAY!!

I'm not surprised.. In my secondary school days, a teacher flogged the University Bursars daughter and the girl retaliated and flogged him right back.. In anger, the teacher landed her a slp. She ran home and told her daddy.. See as our principal kneel down dey beg bursar for front of school.. Afterall, na him dey pay all their salaries..

I guess some people would act surprised at this gist?! We were all flogged by teachers as kids, we all had flogging sacrs from some of them, is that reason enough to display this animalistic behavior? whats the lesson being thought to that girl?! Could this have been reported to the police?! NO!! Jungle justice.. Prolly catch the teacher, give the girl a cane and have her flog the teacher till she is satisfied (like it use to happen in my time)..

#COUNTRY don spoil since, people dey complain about Boko Haram of yesterday..

5 Likes

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by jessMena(f): 11:20am On Oct 12, 2012
They better relocate d princess 2 Igbinedion sec sch,Federal is a government sch n its normal 4 dem 2 discipline their students!!!

5 Likes

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by RedLight1: 11:20am On Oct 12, 2012
i really don't support the idea of beaten up a teacher all because he disciplined a child (he should sue the perpetrators for pure assault).. but i think the idea of flogging a child as a means of discipline is kinda stale in 21st century and should be eradicated....there are so many ways of discipline a child without using canes..canes dont even change kids it only makes them tougher

4 Likes

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Eboski(m): 11:22am On Oct 12, 2012
angry
Osisinakpo:

Do you mean place guards Or PALACE GUARD?
yes he mean palace guards,just a mistake,[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by sessydoo(m): 11:24am On Oct 12, 2012
Na wa oo, there is nothing one will not read or hear from this jungle city of ours! poor Teachers! you should thank your God that those thugs didnt lynch you, pls next time dont wait for Naija police ooo but rather speak to ur legs to take u away from d troubled zone

2 Likes

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 12, 2012
So because she's d oba's ground daughter, she should be given special treatment?? because she's d oba's daughter, when she commits an offence, she should just be overlooked and not disciplined till she becomes a spoilt brat and infact a menace to the society??
Absolute bullshit! Mtcheww.....
If its was GEJ's child or obama's nko?? Dem for don bomb the school be dat oh. Nigeria never stops suprising me.

Not dat i support dis flogging of a thing, but i'm pissed at the issue of preferential treatment dat this post reeks of. angry
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by PBundles(m): 11:26am On Oct 12, 2012
I think this paints the picture of development in Nigeria, but I think a better question is WHY ARE WE FLOGGING STUDENTS IN THE 21ST CENTURY!

5 Likes

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by lafuria1(m): 11:26am On Oct 12, 2012
next time why wont the girl be disrespectful to the teachers, she must hv really the provoked the teacher for the teacher to flog her knowing who she was....if the small girl cant be treated like other students, let her get a private tutor.
if u attended a federal sch, flogging isnt an issue.

1 Like

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by swtchicgurl: 11:26am On Oct 12, 2012
Eboski: angryyes he mean palace guards,just a mistake,[color=#990000][/color]

mean or meant? grin teacher, teach thyself!

5 Likes

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by passionate88: 11:29am On Oct 12, 2012
Osisinakpo: Odd isnt it? was she not aware that the little girl is Oba's ground daughter,
no b small GROUND daughter... My belle o
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by selfmade26(f): 11:29am On Oct 12, 2012
this is not proper 4heaven sake.is she above the law pls some1 should tel me.

1 Like

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 12, 2012
Send Palace gaurd τ̅o †ЂΞ school to do what? If u dnt want Ūя̅ kid disciplined cos Ūя̅ an oba, then educate †ЂΞ child in Ūя̅ palace! Nansense!

3 Likes

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 12, 2012
Just because she is an oba grand daughter,she should not be flogged abi?no wonder our educational sector is going down
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 12, 2012
if Oba of Benin, her parents or whoever does not want her to be flogged, they should build a school and send her there, or better still train her in the palace till she is of marriage-able age!

"What a rubbish"
angry

2 Likes

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Kslib(m): 11:33am On Oct 12, 2012
What do you expect from an oba who was once a thug...
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Aizebioje(m): 11:33am On Oct 12, 2012
Now I don't support the use of thugs but I think any parent will take action if their child came home with a bleeding hand.TRUTH IS SOME TEACHERS ARE JUST WICKED... If U must flog,2 strokes should do it... No O,the teacher flog the pikin till blood come out...whatever happened to pickpin or sit on the air?
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by oloyedejamiu: 11:34am On Oct 12, 2012
Thats a real rubbish, i repeat that is a real rubbish.
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Kologie: 11:35am On Oct 12, 2012
Its all fabricated lies and unnecessary sensationalism. These reta.rds wil stop at nothing to drive traffic to their site.

1 Like

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Kslib(m): 11:36am On Oct 12, 2012
Stevechibu: Just because she is an oba grand daughter,she should not be flogged abi?no wonder our educational sector is going down
Our educational sector is not going down,it is already 6feet below the ground.. Can you fall what's already on the ground? But oga,this is certainly not the reason why the sector is down..

2 Likes

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by freecocoa(f): 11:38am On Oct 12, 2012
I don't support the teachers being manhandled for disciplining a student but why would a teacher flog a student upto the point of injury?(as said by the article).
Seriously most of these teachers go extreme when trying to discipline, I remember how a teacher slapped a tooth out of my cousin's 4 years old son for refusing to write when she asked him to, it took the grace of God for his mother not to use a bottle on her head.
Teachers should employ other means of discipline that doesn't involve injuring someone, that's how one hopeless teacher flogged me sotey I no fit siddon that day, my mama sef show her craze the next day, I know someone whom a teacher used her koi koi shoe take burst him head because he wouldn't give her the attendance register to sign due to the fact that she rarely teaches, all she does is miss her teaching period and then sign attendance, that fateful day, the boy said e don do for you and he got a hole in the head for that, some teachers too do abeg.

1 Like

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by bigx(m): 11:41am On Oct 12, 2012
Why would they flog till they scar the child? A lot of teachers are frustrated!
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by theplanmaker: 11:44am On Oct 12, 2012
I dnt tink oba is aware of dis yet, dis hoodlums may not hav been sent frm d palace at all. Maybe its d girl's boyfriend. Oba is 2 wise nd 2 experienced to b involved in something lyk dat. As for d girl she should b expelled from d school.

1 Like

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Abujafood: 11:45am On Oct 12, 2012
Ramcie: I really don't know what transpired but are you trying to support the claim that cos she is the Oba's grand daughter she shouldn't be disciplined So you support selective discipline Moreover the Oba shouldn't have sent thugs that is if he actually sent them cos thugs are demeaning rather he should have sent place guards those ones make sense grin cheesy
Poor teacher. sad

If you recall the Oba's grand daughter was said to have been injured on the hand. Regardless of status that could really infuriate anyone whose child is beaten badly. Recall the case of the custom officer in Ibadan some months back? But the Oba's grand daughter should not be given preferential treatment!
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Alarib(m): 11:50am On Oct 12, 2012
i would support this having been a victim myself. In primary school my teacher was flogging every part of my body until she whipped me in the eye.....was not a funny incident and i know how much pain i suffered for months....and now i'm heavily bespectacled.
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:53am On Oct 12, 2012
I don't support violence but flogging in school should be prohibited. We need to get a grip on violence in Nigeria and all this abuse in School and at home are a good place to start.
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by kumar101(f): 11:53am On Oct 12, 2012
oba gha tokpe eh ise..
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by freecocoa(f): 11:55am On Oct 12, 2012
the planmaker: I dnt tink oba is aware of dis yet, dis hoodlums may not hav been sent frm d palace at all. Maybe its d girl's boyfriend. Oba is 2 wise nd 2 experienced to b involved in something lyk dat. As for d girl she should b expelled from d school.
Why should she be expelled? I don't support those teachers being beaten or whatever but if the teacher injured her while flogging then he\she should be sacked. If the girl is so unruly to the point of being intolerable, the best he could have done is report her to the school authorities\her parents, students get suspended for even late coming sef so what could she have done that would make him\her flog the girl to the extent of injuring her?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Graphic Design Schools And Training Centers In Nigeria / Best University In Nigeria / Thread For Law Students And Law Aspirants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.