Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! (17888 Views)

Secondary School Girl Brings Her Entire Family To Beat Up Her Teacher / Oba Of Benin Sends Thugs With Arms To Beat-up Teacher / If U Had A Chance, To Punish Ur Past Sec School Teacher? Who And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by takedat(m): 11:59am On Oct 12, 2012
No be Naija we dey.Same thing the current PDP National PRO did when a teacher flogged his kid.The Oba's family which ought to be the custodian of good values an ethics will descend so low to beat up teachers cos a kid was flogged
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2012
Who cares! undecided
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Patsey: 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
[b]Smacking is not only a corporal punishment typology but also, and more importantly, an abuse of a fundamental and an inalienable right of the child, under international human rights law. For the avoidance of doubt, several human rights treaties provide that "No one shall be subjected to torture or to inhumane or degrading treatment or punishment" (Article 3 of the European Convention on Human Rights; Article 5 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples' Rights. Cf. Article 16 of the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child). So, princess or no princess, this teacher acting in locum parentis has betrayed the trust imposed upon him. Forget about those archaic teachers that smacked the hell out of our heads back in our school days. If smacking works, Fela Kuti (son of a disciplinarian priest and school principal), Charly Boy (son of highly disciplined Justice Oputa) should have been angels and role models; if smacking works, Dino Melaye wouldn't be sleeping around with runz gals. [/b]
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Osisinakpo(m): 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
Kslib: What do you expect from an oba who was once a thug...

Hay be carefull !!! Count me out.
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Osisinakpo(m): 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2012
passionate88: no b small GROUND daughter... My belle o

Heheheheheheeheheheh grand or ground, so far daughter dey among o. Lmao

1 Like

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Patsey: 12:12pm On Oct 12, 2012
Osisinakpo:

Heheheheheheeheheheh grand or ground, so far daughter dey among o. Lmao

IDEA IS NEEDED. AT LEAST WE GOT THE GIST grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Ramcie(f): 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2012
Osisinakpo:

Do you mean place guards Or PALACE GUARD?
Tnx for the correction ." Palace guards " typological error .
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by braine(m): 12:20pm On Oct 12, 2012
My grandmother can do the same. I don't see anything wrong in the Oba sending thugs. Why would a teacher wound a young girl? And do they still flog in secondary schools?
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by armadeo(m): 12:25pm On Oct 12, 2012
Am very sure the OBA had nuffin 2 do with this if its true or pure lies fabricated by the paper.
BTW
Lol. Remember my second school days.
Parents these days na wa 4 dem oh. Custom officer, oba pikin, ssg child, all of them big men children growing up undisciplined then they become menace to society stealing because the concept of punishment is unknown to them.

Back in my days we had expert floggers 4 teachers some will give u 12 on the yansh I swear 9 will land on the same spot. And God help me let my father hear that I was flogged in schl, that means I bleeped up big time no explanation round 2 will be received from him.
Guess u spare the rod u .... ( Oya Finish am)

2 Likes

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by seechris(m): 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2012
The teacher should go down for a aggravated assault, untrained beast.
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by kooto(m): 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2012
swtchicgurl:

mean or meant? grin teacher, teach thyself!
Why are you pointing that out? it was a mistake; are you perfect? besides the important thing is we understand what the comment is all about.
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Heymus(m): 12:37pm On Oct 12, 2012
Nigeria in a very big mess!, oba grand daughter, and so wat?.
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by AB10(m): 12:38pm On Oct 12, 2012
Custodian of tradition indeed! SMH
Politicians, Monarchs and now what?
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by kooto(m): 12:40pm On Oct 12, 2012
If that is it then the teachers should let her be, if she likes she should not come to class or not submit assignment, if she does anything wrong she should be left alone now,tomorrow will tell, why get into trouble with the Benin kingdom, now police refuse to come so if they maim or kill nothing will happen.
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by taharqa: 12:52pm On Oct 12, 2012
Am almost certain d Oba was not made aware of this. Am not Bini but livd most of my life in Benin City, and I can tell that d Oba of Benin is too dynified to sanction such madness....by d way, dat gurl shld eida be suspended or even expelld
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by elume2020(m): 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2012
If the tradition of the land is dat prince and princess shouldn't be disciplined in school then a school should be opened in the oba's palace strictly for them and they should forget military jobs if they in need of job. My one cent.

1 Like

Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by atuagbo: 12:56pm On Oct 12, 2012
Rubbish! Oba's grand daughter my foot. They should take her to palace and get her a private teacher that will be teaching her and not beat her.
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by mike404(m): 1:01pm On Oct 12, 2012
A highly respected chief for that matter embarassed
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by freecocoa(f): 1:04pm On Oct 12, 2012
Why are people losing sight of the fact that the teacher injured the girl? Teachers should mind how they discipline people's children joor.
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
So because she is obas daughter she wont be flogged?
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by cheddarking(m): 1:20pm On Oct 12, 2012
And What Right does the Teacher have to FLOG?

The fact that most of us suffered this brutality at school growing up does not justify FLOGGING as an acceptable form of punishment in this day and age - It is ASSAULT!
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
The principal invited the police and the police said they must get invitation by writing before they come. The police didn’t come.”

That settles it. I don't care how nice Victoria Island is. I think I'm going to sit tight. undecided
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by swtchicgurl: 1:26pm On Oct 12, 2012
kooto:
Why are you pointing that out? it was a mistake; are you perfect? besides the important thing is we understand what the comment is all about.

i'm not perfect, but i certainly have a better sense of humour than you do! tongue
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by undauntedqueen: 1:37pm On Oct 12, 2012
The bible says spare the rod and spoil the child. Tomorrow the little brat will become a turn on your flesh and you begin to push blames. Since your grand-daughter cannot be disciplined please employ a home tutor for her.
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by ennydoc: 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2012
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by redsun(m): 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2012
Flogging is barbaric,it is something similar to lynching but on a lesser degree. It must stop in our schools for education to make sense,aswell help discourage the breeding of savages as nigerian adults.
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Profkomolafe(m): 2:16pm On Oct 12, 2012
Alarib: i would support this having been a victim myself. In primary school my teacher was flogging every part of my body until she whipped me in the eye.....was not a funny incident and i know how much pain i suffered for months....and now i'm heavily bespectacled.
i really feel 4rm ur point of view. Sum teacher can be oloriburukuish in nature 2 d ex tent of floging a child lyk a thief..
I pity 4 d teacher, mk he cum try am wit <mc oluomo of oshodi> or <kunle poly> or <olohunwa> e.t.c in lasgidi
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by BeraBera(f): 2:17pm On Oct 12, 2012
PBundles: I think this paints the picture of development in Nigeria, but I think a better question is WHY ARE WE FLOGGING STUDENTS IN THE 21ST CENTURY!
Rubbish! If a student commits an offence that requires her to be disciplined, then she should be disciplined. There is a saying that goes thus: spare the rod, and spoil the child.
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Arosa(m): 2:25pm On Oct 12, 2012
Only a fool would flog the Obas grand daughter in Benin. But I say no to thugs.
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Clemzy16(m): 2:27pm On Oct 12, 2012
PBundles: I think this paints the picture of development in Nigeria, but I think a better question is WHY ARE WE FLOGGING STUDENTS IN THE 21ST CENTURY!
My thought exacly, things like this can't happen in other developed countries. I'm not in support of whatever the girl might have done, but some teachers can be so heartless. I remember been flogeed like an animal back in junior secondary school for not bringing cassava stem and yam pod during pratical, together with my classmates. That to me was the highest peak of irresponsibility. It is high time we have a rebrand in our educational system. The idea of flogging students should be prohibited. Not just temporary, but permanently. Other alternative should be introduced.
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by Clemzy16(m): 2:30pm On Oct 12, 2012
BeraBera: Rubbish! If a student commits an offence that requires her to be disciplined, then she should be disciplined. There is a saying that goes thus: spare the rod, and spoil the child.
Oops!
Re: Thugs Beat-up Teacher Who Flogged Oba-of-Benin's Grand-daughter!!! by oyin50(f): 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2012
Osisinakpo: .

Do you mean place guards Or PALACE GUARD?
. U apparently know what she implied so why the amplification vis a vis sneering.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Did You Spend On Your Final Year Project?? / Naomi Campbell & Gucci To Launch Fashion Design Schools In Unilag, Others / Unilorin Post Ume 2009/2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.