Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? (5215 Views)

CAR PLATE NUMBER, A PRETTY EX-WIFE NEED URGENT HELP.... / Check Out This Weird Plate Number / New Plate Number And Driver's License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by Chongaiman: 6:01pm On Oct 13, 2012
Procastinated on committing my plate number to memory until last Saturday. While at church the next day, the announcer called out my plate number, asking the owner to move it as it was parked behind a vehicle that wanted to move out! I don't want to imagine what would have happened if...
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by chijokz(m): 6:03pm On Oct 13, 2012
I no get car..so can't really say much.. angry
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by igbsam(m): 6:03pm On Oct 13, 2012
I don't have a car but i know the plate number of all my friends, the people on my street who drives a car, i know their plate numbers. I know the plate number of my pastor because each time i want to go visit his daughter, i always look out for the cars dat looks like his around the area to clear the air that he aint around. But Glory be to God, all that has stopped. Now that i drive a car, na only my plate number i know. But my pastor plate number still dey my head. Incase!
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by linearity: 6:46pm On Oct 13, 2012
I do not see the need to memorize....I have a vague idea of what my license plate number is such that, it is called I will be able to relate to it...but if am in a fix and asked to state my license plate, I would only be able to get it about 85% correctly...I bought my current car new in 2008, have owned for 4yrs...but never have situation come up where the need to state my license plate number have come up.
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by hardbody: 6:50pm On Oct 13, 2012
slimyem: Why should anyone not know his/her car plate number offhand?
Its almost like not knowing your own phone number...
Doesn't make sense!!

Maybe you are right, but guess what, I have some 4functional networks, I have just one of the numbers offhand, so also, I own and drive 4 vehicles cars and SUVs, but I know the number of just one, the one I am sitting in now while typing off this iPad. Not saying it's good, but it is reality
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by knotty(m): 6:51pm On Oct 13, 2012
In one of my heady days gone by, ii was once flagged down by a policeman. Of course, I was blasting music at a decibel level fit only for the deaf.
He asked for my driver license which I gleefully produced. Then, he asked for my plate number. Ol boy, embarrassment is an understatement. I started groping, fidgeting, calculating, memorizing, mumbling... summarily, I was lost.
The booze in me cleared, shame nested on miy face. nd finally, humility too over.
I got off my high horse, checked the plate number and muttered aloud...FGE734DAL.
Please, don't blame me, when you drive so many official cars while waiting for your own, you get confused when your own car finally comes along.
Now, I know the numbers of all my cars......did I say cars? Sorry. I meant car.
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by Somatic(m): 6:56pm On Oct 13, 2012
I know all the license plate numbers of my dads official vehicles (main and pilot) from the old 3FGN to the FG...BO. Surprisingly, I don't remember the plate number of my mother's cars. She herself barely knows the make and model of her cars besides the colors. When I was younger, I enjoyed a laugh at her expense when she was called to repark. Imagine the church knowing your vehicle while the supposed owners had no clue. *Still laughing at the thought*
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by solomto(f): 7:11pm On Oct 13, 2012
engrtee: A friend asked us to say the number of our car plate without looking. More than half of us couldn't. I only remembered the last three alphabets - ABC

can you remember yours? (please don't write it for security reason)
common plate number of ur car,u must be ............
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 13, 2012
I work as a Logistics Manager in company and I am managing fleet of equipments,trucks,minitrucks and small vehicles and I know their numbers without thinking abt it.
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by UmericanGirl(f): 11:02pm On Oct 13, 2012
God bless the USA. Mine is my name so if I forget it I'm terribly screwed.
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by topsy1971: 11:43pm On Oct 13, 2012
I have 3 cars and my wife has 2. I can give the plate numbers for all without blinking.
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by manny4life(m): 12:13am On Oct 14, 2012
UmericanGirl: God bless the USA. Mine is my name so if I forget it I'm terribly screwed.

You sure are terribly screwed.

I know my own plate #, just like I know my DL# offhand.
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:57am On Oct 14, 2012
Naturally I knw d license plate numbers of my cars na. I see them everyday and I guess subconsciously,it just stuck. Just today, my sisters n I were playfully reciting our matric numbers from uni days. D only thing I can't seem to remember r my bank acct nos!!! Such a pity.
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:58am On Oct 14, 2012
Dominiquez: I work as a Logistics Manager in company and I am managing fleet of equipments,trucks,minitrucks and small vehicles and I know their numbers without thinking abt it.

The Transport Mgr in my coy is like that. Its honestly very freaky when he starts reciting them!!!
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by NosaHenry(m): 5:53am On Oct 14, 2012
I know my car plate no for sure, that is after making deliberate attempt. But honestly I can't remember my wife's plate no. I always admire people that have such time to be memorizing other people's nos. I have a colleague who virtually knows the numbers of all the cars of every staff and customers that come to our office.
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by Exponental(m): 8:25am On Oct 14, 2012
When I av all my acct no in my head, my fone nos and oda pples own in my head, of all things, plate no!!
AA 01 AAA OR AAA 01 AA. All u need is d 2 alphabeths n figures. The oda 3 alph represents LG wish u can keep upstairs immediately.
I dont memorise...... I identify a car I av once seen sef.
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by Jarus(m): 9:51am On Oct 14, 2012
I don't consciously do. It sticks to my sub-conscious after couple of months of using the car/no.

Still remembers all the plate numbers of all my past cars though.
Re: Did You Memorise Your Car Plate Number? by dammytosh: 10:40am On Oct 14, 2012
Second car , and heck NO . i dont know any of the numbers.

I only know the last 2 alphabet cos they are coincidentally the same.

Do i regret not knowing, i honestly dont' and have never thought about it. Might give it a try ....

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Buy A Peugeot 607 Car: Good Or Bad Decision? / ***hello House! Which Is Better? A Petrol Or A Diesel Engine Car/suv*** / How Do I Get Auction License In Illinois(usa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.