Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,192 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

"Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" (35244 Views)

Don-jazzy - A Slave Master? (pictures) / Priscilla Okpara Buys N4.5m Honda Crosstour / Photo: How May D Turned Me Into A Punching Bag For Years- Baby Mama Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by oradee: 9:27am On Oct 13, 2012
bymigokeph: shun dis tori! naija dey speak french, hw she manage write d book in french. bad bele go b bad bele. afta polishing her. dose she look like an enslaved. Naija every body 1 make am fast. if am lying den make d book b free so d poor & co-enslaved can afford.
Soon na election she go 1t contest 4 Naija in name of i was enslved in france so VOTE TO STOP MODEN SLAVERY. USE UR HEAD OOOOOOOOO. NO DIS IS NAIJA NOT FRN

hmm,if reading and understanding is ur problem,pls borrow Brighter Grammar from ur neighbors son...didnt u read where they said she was in france andthe book was written in french and latter translated to english?

no matter how u guys wanna twist the story, the nigger is serving a 10yr jail term...go figure!!!
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by denzel2009: 9:37am On Oct 13, 2012
methodman: Gbagaun....

he didn't gbagaun...it is seun's translation.

1 Like

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by chucky234(m): 9:37am On Oct 13, 2012
Kslib: Eyaaah,take heart ehn.. I hope the book will be for free,so that there will be no money barrier stoping the poor from also knowing what happened to her.. Most molested victims are from poor backgrounds,so this book has to be free or she just wants to use this opportuinity to hammer/become popular.. Just saying#
Freebies will surely kill you,even in Freetown nothing is free.
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by oradee: 9:42am On Oct 13, 2012
Toktee: Igbo man will do anything to get quick money and this is another means,i dont know weather am the only person smelling this

yea,u are truly the weather...very sunny weather! grin grin

learn from them and stop bickering on here...

1 Like

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by timbros(m): 9:42am On Oct 13, 2012
But come o, why is the wife serving a longer term?
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by oradee: 9:48am On Oct 13, 2012
because the authorities here turn a blind eye to sex abuse here, Nig think it is same anywhere in the world?

i hope he and his wife are able to release their own book so we can compare notes and facts when they are out in 2022 and 2027 respectively... grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 13, 2012
crisycent: Nairalanders' dey mad sha!!! I can't stop laughing when i read peoples comment. I was so depressed this morning but i am smiling after reading people's comment here.... grin grin grin grin Although my smile neva reduce the price of garri for market but una too much.
Hmn
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by hannydarl(f): 9:56am On Oct 13, 2012
Typical Nigerian male ANIMALs. A young girl has been at the mercy of strangers and while she was there she was being taken advantage of sexually and physicaly. After all these years she came out to say what she has gone through but the randy and wayward nigeria'n boys and men who think s-Ex is always enjoyed by women even when raped, are here mocking her. If not for one thing eh, I would have prayed for poverty for all of you so your daughters will be traded for food and then rapped by their host lets see how soon they can speak out. In a foriegn land with no one to talk to or run to for help.
I don't know the kind of animals called men this country is breeding.

3 Likes

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by jigawatts(m): 10:07am On Oct 13, 2012
logo77: CLIQBOY: Abeg wetin be our own..did he Molestation her?

Gbagaun....Gbagaun.... Ibon Menh! [b][/b]

grin grin grin grin
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Asemo11(m): 10:10am On Oct 13, 2012
Rooneyboy: cheap blackmail !
She failed.
wetin be ur own self he be like say u jos join nairaland new how u take no say na cheap blackmail ? Son of a juju priest
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by kittykat1(f): 10:12am On Oct 13, 2012
hannydarl: Typical Nigerian male ANIMALs. A young girl has been at the mercy of strangers and while she was there she was being taken advantage of sexually and physicaly. After all these years she came out to say what she has gone through but the randy and wayward nigeria'n boys and men who think s-Ex is always enjoyed by women even when raped, are here mocking her. If not for one thing eh, I would have prayed for poverty for all of you so your daughters will be traded for food and then rapped by their host lets see how soon they can speak out. In a foriegn land with no one to talk to or run to for help.
I don't know the kind of animals called men this country is breeding.
Nigeria go better! My ppl go better o! Nigeria go better! Let's keep hoping for a better change. Poverty causes poor education and exposure. How do u expect them to reason better than what they were exposed to. God help us.
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by browncool(m): 10:18am On Oct 13, 2012
okpara ugo:

Why do you have to say this? Was the book printed free.
I decided to read the comments before posting mine but I saw that have written exactly what I was about to write,the guy must be an asshole
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Gaius667: 10:29am On Oct 13, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/57337/godwin-okpara-former-super-eagle

The link above is for the sentencing of Okpara as posted on nairaland 5 years ago.
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Tedpgrass: 10:33am On Oct 13, 2012
I do not condone enslavement in any format......

However, I in my limited experience and passive involvement in rehabilitation and sometimes repatriation of the victims, male or female, have observed the following.

The victims are never as naive as played out in media.... there's a relative awareness of some ills that may be encountered during their sojourn in the hands of their abusers.

Secondly, there would have been opportunities to seek for help before the situation got to deplorable depths. But there would have been a reluctance to do so till either the stay is 'regularized' or some financial reward obtained.

Therein lies the deceit and passive collusion of victims............. with their abusers.
In these instances, there's a difficulty to fully empathize with the victims as they have turned into manipulative, passive aggressors.

A good simple example is a wife who is aware of her husband's anger issues and raises a silly argument simply to agitate him resulting in physical trauma and then calling the police to arrest him..... simply exploiting the law.

It's difficult to empathize with her in this scenario.....

My disclaimer above still stands btw.

3 Likes

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by papaejima1: 10:56am On Oct 13, 2012
Hope the book is as graphic as can be. Else no need for me to buy it.
Make sure you described all the kini-kini and their sizes, depth, hotness etc, else me i no go believe.

Serves the guy right sha.
if ya wife no do you, go get ashawo, no be ya house girl go come dey gii you free!!

But why dem come jail the wife 15 yrs naa, na she dey hold the girl leg or na she dey put the okpara thing for inside by force?
Na ask i dey ask -o.

1 Like

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by eldoc2003(m): 11:11am On Oct 13, 2012
CLIQBOY: Abeg wetin be our own..did he rape her?
Look at u simple english u cannot spoke lol...
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 13, 2012
Got this from vanguardmobile...
Ex-Nigeria international Godwin Okpara will next month regain his freedom after three years in French prison.
The former Paris Saint-Germain defender will regain his freedom for good behaviour after he was jailed 10 years in jail in February 2008 for raping a 13-year-old girl under his care.
The French authorities did agreed to release him ahead of the ten year jail term on the condition that he will be deported to Nigeria after his release.
However, his wife, Linda, who jot 15 years for mistreating the minor in question, will still be remained in prison.

Godwin Okpara
“Godwin will be released next month on condition that he does not stay back in France, he will be deported immediately to Nigeria,” sources said
In jail,  Okpara who attempted suicide twice   had since become a born-again Christian and  very much engaged in the religious activities in prison.
Tragic star Okpara will see the outside world again with more person tragedy awaiting him as his 17-year-old son is dying of cancer.
“The young boy is suffering from lung and knee cancers and doctors do not give him long to live,” a source disclosed.
“His four children are living with different French families now.”
His Paris house was confiscated by the French government following his sentence.
However, he still has a house in Ikeja GRA, which fraudsters have tried to sell to unsuspecting people but for the vigilance of his mentor, Chief Teluwo.
Sources close to the former Strasbourg star said Okpara was not well represented in court during his trials and this led to his imprisonment.

1 Like

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Kslib(m): 11:27am On Oct 13, 2012
browncool:
I decided to read the comments before posting mine but I saw that have written exactly what I was about to write,the guy must be an asshole
Dont let me call you st*upid.. Where in my post did i support the act committed by okpara.. I even started my comment with my sympathy towards her predicament. She said her aim is to give other molested victims the confidence/voice to report/expose those who have molested them in one way or the other. We all know that majority of molested victims are from poor backgrounds/families,so their slave masters use this as an opportuinity to exploit them.
Now,she wants to give them a voice/confidence through this book,but how many of them can afford this book since most of them hail from poor backgrounds. In essence,what am just saying is that if this book is free,or almost completely free,it will be in circulation and some of the victims might come in contact with it on way or the other. I was just giving a suggestion on what will make her mission more succesful if that's really her mission..
We all are not the same,we all have different views although some of us agree with each other,and some disagree. There is diversity in human opinions,and you have to respect that.. Some of you are far worse than okpara,but come online to form saint.. Bloody hypocrites.. Rubbish..
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by packman: 11:36am On Oct 13, 2012
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by jamesacho(m): 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2012
Wetin do am na?
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Orikinla(m): 12:19pm On Oct 13, 2012
Kslib: Eyaaah,take heart ehn.. I hope the book will be for free,so that there will be no money barrier stoping the poor from also knowing what happened to her.. Most molested victims are from poor backgrounds,so this book has to be free or she just wants to use this opportuinity to hammer/become popular.. Just saying#

The book is not free.
It is selling fast on Amazon and other outlets.

Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by rumeme(m): 12:32pm On Oct 13, 2012
All I can say is Hmmmmm...........
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by hammedkola(m): 12:36pm On Oct 13, 2012
[b]amakaikeng[/b]Tina Okpara, the teenage girl who was serially raped by Super Eagles star, Godwin Okpara, has released a book, detailing how the sexual assault went on for two years.

Tina Okpara

In the book titled, “My Life Has A Price”, the victim narrates how she .................

Godwin is currently serving a 10-year jail term in France, while his wife, Linda, will be in jail for 15 years.

So Godwin that bleeps is serving 10 years nd the wife 15 years... How come?...I guess this is just a write up
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by buoye1(m): 12:43pm On Oct 13, 2012
CLIQBOY: Abeg wetin be our own..did he rape her?
U nak am apako.......case dismissed
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by opmoore(m): 12:59pm On Oct 13, 2012
This Girl did not finish the story Nairalanders.She was given leave to remain in France indefinately and also awarded part of Okpara wealth.As at last year Okpara was granted pardon but based on the fact he will be deported which he refuse.As a French Nationale.But the Girl knows He Okpara will be out next year 2013 May after serving all her prison term.
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by thirdeye(m): 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2012
But with Opara fame and wealth he can afford to sleep with lots of women. Why chose this part? It will be good to hear his own side of the story.
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Adufaye(m): 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2012
Rooneyboy: cheap blackmail !
She failed.
wat do u sabi eh,its no blackmail if u tink it is,google godwin okpara he was convicted in 2005 4 rapin his 13yrs adopted daughter
Re: "Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" by Shaw007(m): 2:30pm On Oct 13, 2012
methodman: Gbagaun....
logo77: Gbagaun....Gbagaun... Ibon Menh!
c as these ones dey talk as if sey na2day Una rch NL. . .abi u don't know about the word censorship here which Includes translating 'ra*pe' to 'molestation' . . .Mofos!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bella Shmurda’s 26th Birthday Party: Wizkid, Zlatan, Others Attend (Video) / Jim Iyke Looks Good In Short Denim / Governor Okowa Hosts Efe And His Parents (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.