Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,161 members, 7,860,159 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. (20317 Views)

Buhari Drops Governors Fashola And Fayemi From Ministerial List / EXCLUSIVE: Atiku Snubs Rochas Okorocha At The Governors Gathering(pictures) / 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by Gbawe: 8:19am On Oct 14, 2012
Bottom line is that idealism will always limit some to missing what is obvious. Those who pragmatically and critically accept/understand what Nigeria is will know what Tinubu is and why he is the most talked about Politician today. To me, one of the greatest crime man can commit is for him to be dishonest about the past. We all know what obtained only a few years ago under OBJ. Criminals and gangsters held sway everywhere. Technocrats had to be visiting Adedibu to bow down.

This has all changed drastically thanks to Tinubu. Now, there is genuine hope the SW will make and sustain progress because talented and refined men of ideas will always replace each other going by current trend. Tinubu committed himself to this ideal completely. He used his time, money and talent to pursue this ideal.

In any arena in life, pragmatism , i.e balancing reality with lofty idealism, makes critical thinkers effective and far more useful than dreamers who want utopia but don't appreciate what has to be done in relation to the reality on the ground. If some wish to talk of Nigerian politics as if it is different to what it really is, they can be my guest.

The truth is that people make headways in life by accepting current reality and planning to be effective within that reality till things change for the better. It is called "working with the system" after you have studied it and learnt to get the best out of it. Tinubu "works with the system" virtually better than all others. This is why he is loved and hated passionately.

Anyone who truly see what they need to will accept logically, and according to what we have seen so far, that Tinubu has not prevented Fashola performing well as a Governor. How will Tinubu then be able to impede Fashola when he becomes the most powerful man in Nigeria? Have we not seen Yar Adua and GEJ, both of less conviction that Fashola, casting aside OBJ who is far more dictatorial and malevolent than Tinubu? What is all this talk of Tinubu then based on when a Fashola Presidency is mooted?

Many Nigerians need to focus on reality and deploy pragmatism more. Tinubu, if anything, and for anyone capable of thinking critically, is an asset to the Fashola's of the world. He is very much needed for the most respected and talented to keep gaining a podium that helps them secure the most influential offices in the land.

1 Like

Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by DaLover(m): 8:44am On Oct 14, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Ha ha ha ha shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

am I supposed to be surprised? Not a bit! You don't get it.

I don't discuss the nonsense of a presidential material or not that seems to be of interest to you. It's a fcking waste of time. I discuss manifestos, simple and clear. That Fasola is successful in Lagos does not suggest, even remotely, that he ll shine at national level. It has nothing to do with his ability. How many roads can he build in Nigeria within two years that will make us happy? How many Health centres etc? That's not our problem.Nigeria's problem is completely different from that of Lagos.

Our problem is the system of government we run in Nigeria. It makes states lazy, governors greedy and looters, the masses poor. If you put Bill Clinton, the acclaimed Mr Performer in Nigeria presidency, he will fail flatly except he begins by restructuring Nigeria to a workable federation. Nigeria problems do not demand competence, they demand men of uncommon courage that can forgo momentary sweetness of power, confront the conservative and clannish elite and return Nigeria to true federalism. If you are good but lack courage, you simply can't do the job. If you restructure Nigeria and then have folks like Fasola, all well and good.

Hear me loud and clear: I am saying if T.A Orji is campaigning on restructuring Nigeria but Fasola is mouthing road construction, electricity generation nonsense, T.A Orji simply becomes my candidate.

As regards your rantings on tribalism, here is my [b]love letter [/b]to you: who is fcking not a tribalist in Nigeria? Remember you did not attack Bashr8 for visiting toxic, wicked and satanic vituperation on Ikengawo for merely voicing his opinion but you chose to attack me for no other reason than responding to Bashr8 in cash and kind.
[b]
Prof Corruption:

Ha ha ha ha shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I don't discuss the nonsense of a presidential material or not that seems to be of interest to you. It's a fcking waste of time. I discuss manifestos, simple and clear. That Fasola is successful in Lagos does not suggest, even remotely, that he ll shine at national level. It has nothing to do with his ability. How many roads can he build in Nigeria within two years that will make us happy? How many Health centres etc? That's not our problem.Nigeria's problem is completely different from that of Lagos.

Our problem is the system of government we run in Nigeria. It makes states lazy, governors greedy and looters, the masses poor. If you put Bill Clinton, the acclaimed Mr Performer in Nigeria presidency, he will fail flatly except he begins by restructuring Nigeria to a workable federation. Nigeria problems do not demand competence, they demand men of uncommon courage that can forgo momentary sweetness of power, confront the conservative and clannish elite and return Nigeria to true federalism. If you are good but lack courage, you simply can't do the job. If you restructure Nigeria and then have folks like Fasola, all well and good.

Hear me loud and clear: I am saying if T.A Orji is campaigning on restructuring Nigeria but Fasola is mouthing road construction, electricity generation nonsense, T.A Orji simply becomes my candidate.

As regards your rantings on tribalism, here is my love letter [/b]to you: who is fcking not a tribalist in Nigeria? Remember you did not attack Bashr8 for visiting toxic, wicked and satanic vituperation on Ikengawo for merely voicing his opinion but you chose to attack me for no other reason than responding to Bashr8 in cash and kind.
Prof Corruption:

As regards your rantings on tribalism, here is my [b]love letter [/b]to you: who is fcking not a tribalist in Nigeria? Remember you did not attack Bashr8 for visiting toxic, wicked and satanic vituperation on Ikengawo for merely voicing his opinion but you chose to attack me for no other reason than responding to Bashr8 in cash and kind.

The challenge with nigeria is more about the system than with individuals, of course those benefiting from the current situation will never see it that way
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by Gbawe: 9:17am On Oct 14, 2012
Ikengawo: Tinubu and Fashola are a necessary duo.
Fashola performs and brings in the hearts of the people while Tinubu does the ugly back politics and godfatherism that is sadly needed to succeed in Nigerian politics. If Tinubu wasn't a B@stard, fashola wouldn't have had a chance to preform.

The same way OBJ's godfatherism kept Nigeria from being an arewa colony, Tinubu's might keep nigeria from being a PDP colony.

For me, it is distracting and even self-deluding for some to continue mentioning Tinubu every time Fashola is touted as a future President. What some fail to understand ,in their lofty and totally unrealistic idealism, is that godfathers will remain in Nigerian politics for the foreseeable future. It is our reality we cannot discount or deny. We must account for it and deal with it for now.

We can only pray godfathers, when they exist, are the right sort who still encourage progress delivered by the most talented rather than the type who 'dash' Nigeria the most clueless folks who take us all backwards.

In any case, what President, since 1999, has been unable to liberate himself from the shackles of a so-called godfather? Is it OBJ, Yar Adua or even GEJ? We were told IBB would control OBJ. Did that happen? We heard Yar Adua will be OBJ's slave. Did this thinking become reality or was Yar Adua reversing OBJ's actions virtually the minute he moved into Aso Rock? What of GEJ? Is he currently serving OBJ exclusively? Three examples that shows Nigerian President are not beholden to a so-called godfather. Rather, things are a lot more complicated than that. This is another example of why Nigeria is not making progress. We focus on the wrong things that really do not matter and miss things that are critical.

What Nigerian Presidents have been susceptible to , since 1999, is the pressure to preserve the interests of cabals, 'interest groups', regional/ethnic/sectional/religious "stakeholders", power blocs, business/entrepreneur groups et al and not specific godfathers per se. In this regard, Fashola has simply been sublime. He has used tact, diplomacy and intelligence to satisfy the many powerful forces and groups in Lagos while he continues to deliver with a good team. Same can be replicated at Presidential level better than all our limited Presidents have achieved so far IMO. The Tinubu talk only panders to intellectual laziness given what history has shown us with several examples.
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by Desola(f): 9:17am On Oct 14, 2012
Eko Ile:

If the man is capable of doing what you admire him for with Tinubu in his life, I hope and pray that Tinubu remain in his life. Even sef, I thnk other leaders in Nigeria need Tinubu in their lives since his influence in Lagos is performing magic...

You know what, this is a very valid statement. Although I am not the biggest Tinubu's fan, I couldn't agree more with this pov - so true!
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by dvee2: 9:40am On Oct 14, 2012
At poster,i look forward to a Niseria where you will state your opinion without first stating your ethnic group.
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by jswags(m): 9:42am On Oct 14, 2012
mofo get a life go to ur village and tell ur governor to work

Am quite sure u dont even know ur origin.dickhead.
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by Desola(f): 9:43am On Oct 14, 2012
Prof Corruption:

I agree with you almost whole-heartedly but giving the ethnocentric nature of Nigeria and the ibos antecedents in the governance of Nigerian, I would not touch T.A Orji with the longest pole. The representations you have made on his behalf are of course valid but if such policy of restructuring the state and governance of Nigeria is held by another candidate who is of another ethnic stock aside ibo, I would gladly cast my vote for him/her.

You also make good points about where Fashola's strengths lie. It is a tall dream but I hope that sooner rather than later, Nigeria would go the route of regional government or disintegration where we would then have Fashola at the helm of our affairs. His expertise in my opinion is second to none.
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by ceeceeco: 9:45am On Oct 14, 2012
I'm an Igbo. But to be sincere with u, anybody the cap fits let him wear it. Be it Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba. The problem with us in this country is that we're too sentimental in our doings. How long are we going to remain foolish in this country. Nigeria needs restoration, & i think BRF Can be the right man to do this Job. Look @ the united state of america, they never considered barrack obama to be an african, they made him their president. Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria & also the solution to Nigeria...NAIJA WAKE UP.
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by Standing5(m): 9:47am On Oct 14, 2012
For those of us mapping Fashola's ''acclaimed'' succes in Lagos state to succes if he rules Nigeria, i think you guys are missing a big point. Lagos state, has a small landmass, a large population, and is relatively more industrialized compared to any other state or region in Nigeria. The implication of these features include ease of providing structures that are tied to landmass, population and industries. When you begin to consider that most of Fashola's project like road construction, rail line construction, Transport services and health sector structures are tied to the land mass of a small Lagos state. . . It becomes plain clear that Fashola has never tasted what governing 90% of Nigerias' population or 98.5% of its Land mass is like. Even his Lagos state exploit is grossly overhyped.
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by kooto(m): 9:54am On Oct 14, 2012
Sun of god: Sounds like you've spent too much time in Lagos.

I always recommend Igbo's in Lagos visit their states of origin at least once every 2 years or they start to go mad and think they are yoruba's.

There is nothing more embarrasing than seeing an Igbo man who cant speak Igbo but can blow yoruba with the best of them.

It's like seeing a dog that thinks its now a cat - An Igbo man who thinks he's youruba.
It's unfortunate this is your comment after what was posted,very unfortunate you cannot see yourself in the mirror presented before you by the poster.
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by DaLover(m): 9:54am On Oct 14, 2012
Malcolm-X:
Money from crude oil export:

Brent crude = $114.67 per barrel

Nigeria exports = approx. 2.5million barrels a day.

A year = 2.5 x 365 = 912.5million barrels annually

912.5 x 114.67 = $105billion

Where do they keep this money?

So where do they really keep the money....lets try and see

Actual bench mark cost of crude is usually between $70 to $80 (every sale above is kept in SWF).
So
2.5million barrels a day X $75 X 365days = $68billion per annum
Assume we don't remove cost of production, profit for the IOC's (between $10 and $15billion)

The FG total budget is usually around $30 billion per annum.
The 36 states take roughly $1billion per annum each or $36 billion in total

We are already looking at $66billion

That's where the money goes
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by Standing5(m): 9:54am On Oct 14, 2012
Malcolm-X:

We're not China, and Angola isn't China as well. However, Angola is developing at a faster pace than Nigeria.

With what Fashola has done in Lagos, he should be able to transform Nigeria. Nigeria right now is like Delta state.
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by Standing5(m): 9:55am On Oct 14, 2012
Malcolm-X:

We're not China, and Angola isn't China as well. However, Angola is developing at a faster pace than Nigeria.

With what Fashola has done in Lagos, he should be able to transform Nigeria. Nigeria right now is like Delta state.
what do u mean by the bold part above?
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by Gbawe: 9:57am On Oct 14, 2012
Standing5: For those of us mapping Fashola's ''acclaimed'' succes in Lagos state to succes if he rules Nigeria, i think you guys are missing a big point. Lagos state, has a small landmass, a large population, and is relatively more industrialized compared to any other state or region in Nigeria. The implication of these features include ease of providing structures that are tied to landmass, population and industries. When you begin to consider that most of Fashola's project like road construction, rail line construction, Transport services and health sector structures are tied to the land mass of a small Lagos state. . . It becomes plain clear that Fashola has never tasted what governing 90% of Nigerias' population or 98.5% of its Land mass is like. Even his Lagos state exploit is grossly overhyped.

.....and Yar Adua had this "experience" from Katsina? Guy, It is ok not to rate Fashola as a future President but it is entirely unecessary to support that stance with totally illogical arguments. I don't know when Nigerians will stop complicating issues needlessly to understand the most important qualities leaders need that they can transfer from job to job i.e the ability to provide solutions effectively, innovatively and consistently.

Your arguments even defeats itself. Fashola is charge of the most cosmopolitan State in Nigeria. What State represents a microcosm of Nigeria more than Lagos?
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by aribisala0(m): 10:05am On Oct 14, 2012
I do not think Fashola will excel as President, Which is what I think should be the topic here because it would appear,judging from those who have been president or military Heads of state that ANYONE perhaps even a goat can rulle Nigeria. Afterall we were governed by a man in a coma from Saudi Arabia who even signed the budget then. land mass and pulation etc as stated above are a red herring and nothing to do with it.

The job of the President in Nigeria is quite different from that of Governor.That a governor does well(if indeed Fashola is doing well) does not predict performance as president but We have never,had a president who did well in my opinion so whether the next president is Aki or PawPaw things cannot get any worse.
There is no way of predicting who will do well but we can easily tell who will not make a difference. We knew OBJ will not make a difference as was the case with Yar'adua and now GEJ many may choose to put Fashola into that category too
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by Standing5(m): 10:07am On Oct 14, 2012
Gbawe:

.....and Yar Adua had this "experience" from Katsina? Guy, It is ok not to rate Fashola as a future President but it is entirely unecessary to support that stance with totally illogical arguments. I don't know when Nigerians will stop complicating issues needlessly to understand the most important qualities leaders need [b]that they can transfer from job to job[/b]i.e the ability to provide solutions effectively and consistently.
The fact that Yar'adua did not recieve the kind of praise Fashola is recieving goes to show he too was overwhelmed by the size of Nigeria . . . All i am trying to say is that Fashola Lagos state 'exploits' so far shldn't be used to jugde what he will do if given the chance to rule Nigeria. There are governor who tar as much road if not more than Fashola is doing for Lagos but you may never hear of them because of the Landmass they are faced with . . .
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by ayommyjay(f): 10:09am On Oct 14, 2012
Gbawe:

Indeed. We say this all the time but many simply don't care to listen. We are all failing. That is the sad truth. We need our best administrators to be involved in the effort to turn Nigeria round. Of course Fashola should be a very strong candidate to be President if Nigeria is a Country where simple things are not deliberately made complicated. Alas this is not the reality. Nigeria does need a "man of ideas" as you put it but there are powerful people and a very entrenched patronage system not interested in that concept. They prefer their 'establishment boys, who are always mindless and mediocre stooges, to keep occupying Aso Rock.
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by DaLover(m): 10:14am On Oct 14, 2012
Desola:

I agree with you almost whole-heartedly but giving the ethnocentric nature of Nigeria and the ibos antecedents in the governance of Nigerian, I would not touch T.A Orji with the longest pole. The representations you have made on his behalf are of course valid but if such policy of restructuring the state and governance of Nigeria is held by another candidate who is of another ethnic stock aside ibo, I would gladly cast my vote for him/her.

You also make good points about where Fashola's strengths lie. It is a tall dream but I hope that sooner rather than later, Nigeria would go the route of regional government or disintegration where we would then have Fashola at the helm of our affairs. His expertise in my opinion is second to none.

It pretty obvious that Igbo and Yoruba can never get along, the level of rivalry is just to high
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by RIchibabe(f): 10:17am On Oct 14, 2012
[quote author=scribble]Anybody that even says amaechi is a good governor must be mentally sick.

look at aluu, if the governor spent his peoples money truly delivering dividends of democracy to his people instead of buying private jets and armored luxury vehicles, then maybe the people would be less poverty stricken and illiterate.

[/quoteoh oh pls stop blaming the man, he is doing all he could to make things better, its high time we stop blaming our leaders for our ignornant, Nigerians NEED to work on themselves, the Reason we cannot grow as a country is that we blame our leaders for everything that is happening, we forget that everyone has a Role to play in this country to make it a better place, The Moment u start blaming other people for ur mistakes, u will Never Grow in Life.
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by didisky(m): 10:17am On Oct 14, 2012

I always recommend Igbo's in Lagos visit their states of origin at least once every 2 years or they start to go mad and think they are yoruba's.

There is nothing more embarrasing than seeing an Igbo man who cant speak Igbo but can blow yoruba with the best of them.

It's like seeing a dog that thinks its now a cat - An Igbo man who thinks he's youruba.

I doubt if you read the op's post before u commented or at best you didn't comprehend what he said. He never said the igbos cannot present a suitable person but only say IF A GOVERNOR is to be chosen, fashola should be the man.

Abeg make una try read n reason b4 replying.
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by Standing5(m): 10:19am On Oct 14, 2012
aribisala0:
I do not think Fashola will excel as President, Which is what I think should be the topic here because it would appear,judging from those who have been president or military Heads of state that ANYONE perhaps even a goat can rulle Nigeria. Afterall we were governed by a man in a coma from Saudi Arabia who even signed the budget then. land mass and pulation etc as stated above are a red herring and nothing to do with it.

The job of the President in Nigeria is quite different from that of Governor.That a governor does well(if indeed Fashola is doing well) does not predict performance as president but We have never,had a president who did well in my opinion so whether the next president is Aki or PawPaw things cannot get any worse.
There is no way of predicting who will do well but we can easily tell who will not make a difference. We knew OBJ will not make a difference as was the case with Yar'adua and now GEJ many may choose to put Fashola into that category too
The aspect of landmass against population, to me, is the reason Fashola is appearing to be far more effective than some of his colleagues. You can go to Toro LGA in Bauchi state, lay the gross distance of roads tarred under Fashola govt and it may not even cover that LGA alone, but to Lagosians that may actually take care of all the major roads needs of a few LGAs. Lagos state is too unique to be compared to anywhere else in Nigeria the manner most of us are going about it.
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by DaLover(m): 10:20am On Oct 14, 2012
Perhaps if nigeria was reorganized into regions, then Fashola might aspire to lead the SW region, this is a more realistic objective...

If nigeria dis not accept Awo as present, despite his achievements, I don't see how Fashola will fare better, expect ally since he belongs to a tribal party.
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by ikeyman00(m): 10:54am On Oct 14, 2012
@@@@@@

desola

I agree with you almost whole-heartedly but giving the ethnocentric nature of Nigeria and the ibos antecedents in the governance of Nigerian, I would not touch T.A Orji with the longest pole. The representations you have made on his behalf are of course valid but if such policy of restructuring the state and governance of Nigeria is held by another candidate who is of another ethnic stock aside ibo, I would gladly cast my vote for him/he

u see wahala with people like ur kinda is a serious one that has been killing the country ever since awo frog inflicted the gene on that part of the world cool

as far as Nigeria is concern the only reason the country got some life-line as we speak is the igbo spirit keeping things in shape

if its wasnt about our nafdac iron lady then who ran riot like the US army

or if it wasnt solodu emm plz complete .. .,.;

or if it wasnt the trust oga jon have in igbos as his security man plz complete .......

or if it wasnt about pro Nnaji the power sector u have ur obj destoryed plz complete.....

and it goes on and on and on and on hmmm

now taking u back to yeye bankole, obj daughter,avaition minister and it goes on and on and on and on; what do they do apart from stealing and destroying the country eh;

so this is how we gona vote for Fashola ehh

so tribalist are u ever gona speak the truth eh ?
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by 2sexy(m): 12:01pm On Oct 14, 2012

And how does being able to speak igbo make you a right thinking person? I am igbo and dont speak either not because I didnt want to visit or anything but my mum has always kept me away for fear of being killed because I am a male child of my father who happened to have another wife and had no male child...

It is really surprising that speaking igbo is seen as a yardstick for measuring brilliance...

That not withstanding, I have come respect the igbos for the unionism and brotherhood. I was raised in a Bini family but that does not make me any less a man.

The OP has spoken well and I agree with him 100%. Kick tribalism and sentiment to the curb, call a spade a spade and hit nail on the head.

To be honest,I find your statements really disappointing and embarrassing considering it is coming from someone who speaks igbo, a language for only the intelligent and smart. lol
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by karlmax2: 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2012
Lagos residents protest against bad roads

Ikorodu and Ayobo dwellers urge LASG to repair their roads

Article | October 14, 2012 - 11:29am | By Jewel Stephen

Following what they perceived as the abandonment of an uncompleted road project in the community, youths in Ikorodu, on Saturday, took to the streets to protest the action of the Lagos state government.

The youths protested the non-completion of the Oke-Ota Ona/Awolowo Road, saying their protest was an "advocacy for good governance in Ikorodu".

Commenting on the protest, Akadri Adeleke, Chairman, Ikorodu Youth Council, said that the youths were not happy with the non-completion of the road.

He claimed that the road, construction of which began in 2010, had been abandoned without any cogent explanation by the government.

"This road consumes lives on daily basis. Besides, hoodlums have found it convenient to be dispossessing people of their belongings and injuring those that manage to use the road," he said.

"The impassable state of the road again has been causing accidents and vehicles plunge into ditches caused by the engineers while doing the construction work."

The member representing Ikorodu Constituency I in the state Assembly, Sanai Agunbiade, however, assured that the government had not abandoned the road.

He said that the delay was due to some natural factors, adding that work on the road would be completed in December.

"Very shortly, construction works will continue. Government is also trying to reach a consensus with the youths of the area to overcome some of the obstacles forcing the road not to be completed on time," he said.

Agunbiade urged the residents to stop dumping their waste in the drainage. Ayobo residents decry bad road.

In a similar development, some residents of Ayobo, a suburb of Lagos, have called on the Lagos State government to repair the main road linking the area to other parts of the state.

The residents said that the main access road in the area was in very bad state, and had led to high cost of transport and incessant mechanical faults for private vehicles

One of the residents, Oladele Ojo, a banker said that many of the residents have had to repair their cars often due to the bad sate of the road.

According to him, the link road would soon become inaccessible if major repairs were not done by the government immediately.

"We are really suffering in this place; we can hardly walk on the road now. And with the rain falling almost daily, the road is worsening by the day," he added.

"We believe that to repair this major road will mean that the State Government still has us in mind."

Another resident of the suburb, Pastor Kehinde Onasanya, said, "Ayobo, especially Camp Davies Road, un, needs government’s presence. Most people don’t even go out with their vehicles again because of the state of the road."

Godwin Okoroafor, a landlord in Ayobo, said that the residents’ self-help effort to make the major link road manageable was not yielding the needed succour.

"The road is very important for the commercial growth of the area. Besides, it is a link road between Ogun and Lagos states," he said.

"Therefore, re-construction of the road will bring more commerce and, of course, progress to us the residents."

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/lagos-residents-protest-against-bad-roads
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by buchibabe: 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2012
undecidedY all dis hidden posts? Did dey vomit nonsense?
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by 2sexy(m): 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2012
Blackbody20: Fashola is really a great thinker judging through his innovations. This is what we need in every state of the federation. Most of leaders lack concepts and idea on what good governance is all about. SMH.

That is because , they( other gov.) dont read. A reader knows how to think and keep pace with the world... all they know how to do is how embessle money.

Now because they are not readers, they think they are really making money... but I tell you,if the had a good head on their shoulders, they will know that what they have stolen is nothing....

Put the right technoloy, innovation, system, product and display brilliance and watch money pouring like rain.

the oil we sell out are being broken down in to more products and sold far over 100% of the cost... why? this men have got the right knowledge.

our so called leaders are too old fashioned... I remember watching Obasanjo slowly typing on a laptop like a nail walking... but if na to steal, that hand will run faster Usein Bolt.. angry angry angry
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by 2sexy(m): 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2012
kooto:
It's unfortunate this is your comment after what was posted,very unfortunate you cannot see yourself in the mirror presented before you by the poster.
Leave the mumu to his own device. angry
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by olaezebala: 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2012
Open ur eyes and see that ths dude is a dictator
Re: From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. by aribisala0(m): 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2012
Standing5:
The aspect of landmass against population, to me, is the reason Fashola is appearing to be far more effective than some of his colleagues. You can go to Toro LGA in Bauchi state, lay the gross distance of roads tarred under Fashola govt and it may not even cover that LGA alone, but to Lagosians that may actually take care of all the major roads needs of a few LGAs. Lagos state is too unique to be compared to anywhere else in Nigeria the manner most of us are going about it.
There is no requirement to develop Landmass. There are several countries where over 90% landmass is unoccupied. Nigeria is similar especially in the North
. You govern people not Land. Most of Siberia in Russia is uninhabited as is the Amazon forest in Brazil and Most of the North of Nigeria.
Even in the south are you supposed to cut down forests to show you are working? I do not see any relevance of Land mass to administrative competence.
Britain has a land Mass less than Western Nigeria and was able to Rule the world from there. So let us jettison this Land Mass idea.
You are required to provide security for humans as well as health,education. So this Land mass argument needs plenty of analysis which cannot finish today. We have heard that it costs 3 times more to build a road in Bayelsa than Kano. The terrain is an equally valid variable as far as governing is concerned but Land mass may be relevant in comparing Governors(i doubt it) but nothing to do with the President or is the president a surveyor or geographer. What relevance is Land mass to the Job OBJ or Yaradua did apart from the fact that OBJ reduced the mass by gifting some to Cameroun. How was Abacha,IBB Yaradua suited to Managing a bigger Land mass. The role of the FG is quite different from state governments. The FG does not provide health for most Nigerians,does not pay teachers,have the power to acquire land compulsorily or have the kind of impact that the state does. The FG's role is primarily to Protect territorial integrity and internal security primarily through already established statutory bodies. For now the priority of the FG should be security,Power and reducing the dependence of the economy on oil and creating an environment that reduces unemployment,cleaning up oil pollution in the Niger Delta/stopping gas flaring and bringing about genuine reconciliation with aggrieved Nigerian groups .
A more relevant point is; Nigeria is multiethnic and does Fashola have the competence to manage the associated complexities and meet the aspirations of different peoples,this is not to say those before him did but if they did not should we repeat the same error. Can he unite our people and be fair to everyone without unduly favouring his own . Most importantly can he convince voters of this. What about the argument that power must return to the North or to Igbos what do we do about that
By the way I do not advocate Fashola for President I just believe that conclusions muct have some logical connection with purported reasoning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We’ll Return Nigeria’s $15m Soon – S-africa / Buhari’s Delay In Making Appointments Exposing Us To Ridicule-apc Chieftain / $2.1 Arms Scam: Your Utterances Are Unprofessional – Ex-Minister Tells Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.