Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun (12663 Views)

Borno Vigilance Group Kills 17 Boko Haram Fighters / Picture & Names Of Kidnappers Of Osun Speaker’s Wife / Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by koruji(m): 2:32am On Oct 14, 2012
http://tribune.com.ng/sun/news/8825-3-killed-as-vigilance-group-rescues-osun-speakers-wife-in-ogun
Written by Olayinka Olukoya, Abeokuta Sunday, 14 October 2012

It was gun battle between men of the Ogun State Vigilance Services and captors of the wife of the Osun State House of Assembly speaker, Hon. Najeem Salaam, Muiba, who had been in the kidnappers’ den for five days.

The hoodlums had, on Tuesday, kidnapped Mrs. Salaam who was reported to be returning home from her shop in Ejigbo area of Osun State.

The kidnappers were arrested at Ogunmakin area, on the Lagos/ Ibadan expressway following a tip-off.

This development, however, was said to have turned into a crossfire between the security operatives and the kidnappers.

A reliable source, who did not want his name in print, said three of the kidnappers were killed by the security operatives in their efforts to rescue the victim.

Sunday Tribune learnt that three other members of the gang were arrested and whisked to the state police command headquarters at Eleweran, Abeokuta.

Police authorities in the state confirmed the arrest and added that Mrs Salaam was in a stable condition.

Meanwhile, the Ogiyan of Ejigboland, Oba Omowonuola Oyeyode Oyesosin, has expressed joy over the release of Mrs Salaam, saying he knew God would answer his prayers.

The monarch had organised a prayer session for the abducted women in the town.

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by dayokanu(m): 3:38am On Oct 14, 2012
^^ Where did you see the names bros
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by buffny: 4:52am On Oct 14, 2012
so vigilance group is now the police.
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by DuduNegro: 5:06am On Oct 14, 2012
If you all recall back to the communique issued by Yoruba Assembly few weeks ago it clearly stated that the individual state assemblies from Kwara to Lagos should look into forming a cooperative vigilante group to secure the region. This response by the Ogun vigilante group is commendable.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by Standing5(m): 5:09am On Oct 14, 2012
When the police fails us, there is always the O'dua Vigilante group. . . Shame on NPF!

3 Likes

Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by adokhai(m): 5:22am On Oct 14, 2012
cool we thank God for his mercies

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by DonaldGenes(m): 5:28am On Oct 14, 2012
Well done boys atleast stepping up to the plate when our own police couldn't
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by Sijo01(f): 6:09am On Oct 14, 2012
This is soooo good!
What the police can do, the VIGILANTE can do BETTER.
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 14, 2012
what is the different between this and aluu killings, since it was now illegal group responsible for the death of people (aluu 4 & the kidnappers). I am not supporting kidnapping, but things will always amaze me in the country when it involves so called big politician.
they are praising vigilante now but what about if the woman was killed in the process, then, that's when they will recognize that it is an illegal security operatives and they will start investigation to try them in court.
just wandering sha.

9 Likes

Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by DuduNegro: 6:18am On Oct 14, 2012
4bobo: what is the different between this and aluu killings, since it was now illegal group responsible for the death of people (aluu 4 & the kidnappers). Iam not supporting kidnaping, but things will always amaze me in the country when the it involved so called big politician.
they are praising vigilante now but what about if the woman was killed in the process, then, that's when they will recognise that it is an illegal security operatives and they will start investigation to try them in court.
just wandering sha.

.......thank God it was not handled by police, thats exactly what would have happened; a botched rescue resultig in the death of the victim! Kudos to vigilante!!

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by sindyko(m): 6:20am On Oct 14, 2012
Bravo to Yoruba vigilante group to rescue this cause for commendable. Proving intellegency, what th Police has failed to do, if only it can be interchange or switch the duty of VIGILANTEE to POLICE it would've been betta. Quit differ 4rm ALUU's vigilante group nonentity.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by Callotti: 6:20am On Oct 14, 2012
The monarch had organised a prayer session for the abducted women in the town.

So, how many were abducted and released?
Praise Allah for courageous Muslims as usual.
Christians can only be the kidnappers! grin

ALUU group of cowards ARE CHRISTIANS!
No surprises there! kiss

2 Likes

Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by Xtranoble: 6:22am On Oct 14, 2012
Dudu_Negro: If you all recall back to the communique issued by Yoruba Assembly few weeks ago it clearly stated that the individual state assemblies from Kwara to Lagos should look into forming a cooperative vigilante group to secure the region. This response by the Ogun vigilante group is commendable.
Its high time we start STATE POLICING....vigilante with guns doesn't make sense. I aPpreciate their good work.
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by denzel2009: 6:23am On Oct 14, 2012
we organize prayer session for everything in this country.

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by lekzy007(m): 6:24am On Oct 14, 2012
Thank God for her life...
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by passionate88: 6:40am On Oct 14, 2012
Callotti:
Christians can only be the kidnappers! grin

ALUU group of cowards ARE CHRISTIANS!
No surprises there! kiss
u better suprise o.. Alhaji walewa wey ordered d boys 2 b dealt wit na Christian?.. Wherever there is a single muslim, there's ALWAYS the possibility of arnachy... All muslims is a potential terrorist..

12 Likes

Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by DuduNegro: 6:41am On Oct 14, 2012
Xtranoble:
Its high time we start STATE POLICING....vigilante with guns doesn't make sense. I aPpreciate their good work.

Police is law enforcement, period! There is law against kidnapping and there is a designated agency empowered to enforce this law. If the agency refuses to enforce the law then, indirectly, it is "ennabling" kidnapping and has lost the public trust for safety and security.

The society then has at its disposal a recourse and discretion to invoke civic acts of responsibility and commitment to the community and security of people. A vigilante is that civic response. It is perfectly constitutional!
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by onatisi(m): 6:41am On Oct 14, 2012
odua peoples congress=juju vigilante group.
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by DuduNegro: 6:43am On Oct 14, 2012
.......and oh, community policig started as a vigilante.
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by DuduNegro: 6:44am On Oct 14, 2012
onatisi: odua peoples congress=juju vigilante group.

....kidnappers beware!

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by acidtalk: 6:45am On Oct 14, 2012
Nigeria is certainly and definitely not ripe for State Policing.

A country where people can't judge fairly without leTtingethnic, status, and religious emotional sentiments play out is absolutely going to be the worst choice to introduce State Policing.

Innocent people of different tribe and religion will be roped into cases they know nothing about to shield the real perpetrators.

This is a DISGRACE to the Nigerian system when a Vilante Group is openly praised for doing the job of the Police. Vilante Groups now have access to guns and even the right to kill right?

Why didn't they trail the kidnappers and imform the police to come and round them up?

Nigeria I hail oh!
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by onatisi(m): 6:46am On Oct 14, 2012
this is the sort of thing that the north need to learn and do to curtail and stop bh,when the ppl in an area decide to watch their area themselves robbers and hoodlums are bound to be in for a hard time because noone knows the enviroment more than the ppl living there,if ppl in the north start giving info about bh to the authorities and start collaborating with them i am sure bh will a thing of the past in no time.
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by Callotti: 6:48am On Oct 14, 2012
passionate88: u better suprise o.. Alhaji walewa wey ordered d boys 2 b dealt wit na Christian?.. Wherever there is a single muslim, there's ALWAYS the possibility of arnachy... All muslims is a potential terrorist..

Yeah. . .yeah. . .yeah!
Like the ALUU abominables.
I did not see one single Muslim terrorist there o, . . . . .only CHRISTIAN SAVAGES! kiss
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by onatisi(m): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2012
acidtalk: Nigeria is certainly and definitely not ripe for State Policing.

A country where people can't judge fairly without leTtingethnic, status, and religious emotional sentiments play out is absolutely going to be the worst choice to introduce State Policing.

Innocent people of different tribe and religion will be roped into cases they know nothing about to shield the real perpetrators.

This is a DISGRACE to the Nigerian system when a Vilante Group is openly praised for doing the job of the Police. Vilante Groups now have access to guns and even the right to kill right?

Why didn't they trail the kidnappers and imform the police to come and round them up?

Nigeria I hail oh!
u dont know what happened ,they gave info about the criminals to the police who then moved in with the vigilante to rescue the woman.
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by dayokanu(m): 6:50am On Oct 14, 2012
Callotti:

Yeah. . .yeah. . .yeah!
I did not see one single Muslim terrorist there o, . . . . .only CHRISTIAN SAVAGES! kiss

Calloti when we go nyansh na?
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by onatisi(m): 6:50am On Oct 14, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

....kidnappers beware!
but actually i wanted that guy to pay the ransome ,200mill.no be small money oooo
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by Callotti: 6:59am On Oct 14, 2012
dayokanu:

Calloti when we go nyansh na?

The coast is clear.
Meet me in South Africa on the 23rd of October. . . or in Australia on the 30th.
If your parole officer go allow you escape for just 2 weeks.
I still dey for Naija. wink
Nor worry. . . I nor fit carry belle again. . . Menopause don come tey-tey!
Lucky 'Tuface Idibia' of Nairaland! kiss

The line is looooooooooooong sha.
Make I finish with my PDP CHAIRMAN FIRST.
Then I fit donate the remnant for cyber boy-toys for Christmas Charity. . . . wink
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by onatisi(m): 6:59am On Oct 14, 2012
as much as i agree with the fact that nigeria is not ripe and mature enough for the creation of state police i believe the community effort can help our police perform better.but due to past experinces ppl are scared of helping the poice by giving them information,that is where the issue of vigilante comes in.ppl feel safe and more secured giving vital info about criminals to vigilante groups.but with the kind of politicians we have now ,it will be catastrophic to introduce state police ,even state vigilante will be hijacked .i remember bakassi boys saga and even odua when politicians started using them to settle scores
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by Policewoman(f): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2012
Callotti:

Yeah. . .yeah. . .yeah!
Idio.t. The Chief Alhaji that sanctioned their killing is a muslim.
Re: 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun by OkwaIfugo(m): 7:12am On Oct 14, 2012
Hope the police guys are seeing this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan / Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group / Osinbajo To Sign 2017 Budget By 3PM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.