Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,014 members, 7,835,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court (23427 Views)

Buhari; Christians Opinions Don't Matter As He Drags Nigeria Into Islamic Coal / Biafra: Kanu Drags Buhari To ECOWAS Court / Top Ranking Biafran Leader Drags Nigeria To New York Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by rajiade: 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2012
Laf don nearly pull my jaw apart, as I see the ibo man dwelling in the fools paradise of a "Biafra would be better, Ibo man is the Best". Fantasy and foolish reason of the highest order!.

I what way has the ibo man shown in the past 52 years that his region (or Biafra, if it eventually be) would better than Nigeria as a whole or other regions if standing alone. In what way has the ibo man shown that he is or would be more successful than the yoruba man.

If at all most of this assertions should be considered true, we ought to have been seeing the traces in the present Biafra Land (Imo, Abia, Enugun, Anambra, Ebonyi). This states ought to proove that they are the Dubai, London, Hong Kong, China or even South Africa of Nigeria. They should have used those divine wealth of skills to develop their region independently coupled with the few assistance they get from the fed. I want to believe the fed govt has never been against the independent development of any region/state.

No igbo man has been successful in his land. I don't know which has the highest level of poorverty and social/infrastructural/educational/moral decadence between the north and the Biafra Land.
If truly Biafrans are synonymous to the growth and success of other regions, which could make the other regions suffer if they leave, then their region should have something to show for it.

Its just like you saying you are the creator/producer of clothes and all you ever got is a rag.

Please go get some sense!

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by Kay17: 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2012
Bad processes. What doesn't Islamic virus mean?! It should be thrown out. Besides Nigeria is a sovereign state and its sovereignty is unquestionable, except in humanitarian disasters. The courts can't question its own foundation, cos its hinged on Nigeria's sovereignty.

By taking the case to a Nigerian court is proof that they accede to nigeria's authority.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by htajz: 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2012
charzyn: Attention gentlemen. Please i want to tell anyone that are condenming biafra agitation to go and hug naked transfomer. I am not an igbo , i am from ijaw but i must to tell you hausa and yorubas that we have learnt from our mistakes by diffrentiating ourself from igbos due to the sudden lies to us south south from the evil nigeria that the igbos wants to control our resources. May i ask question please, after we follow the nigeria side to fight the civil war against biafra that you claimed to control our resources have wr from south south have any right to our resources since the war ended from 1970 till now neither it was the greedy yorubas and hausa fulanis are the most wicked and our greatest enemies whom stood on top of our resources and developed thier regions while messed up our region and kept it in darkness with no employment, no food, no light, no road , no government offices. Now tell me who is our enemy ? Igbos are very right to fight for thier sovereinty and we south south must go when igbos are actualize thier struggles because we cannot stay with this useless and greedy yorubas and hausas. Mind you that we in the south south and the igbos has the same cultures and share things income than yorubas and hausa. Go and read todays punch news paper to see the warning from the cross river state government to the nigeria government threatning that another civil war is looming and if it occures i bet you all that south south will support the igbos to fight to finish because we have known whom is our enemies. Thank god that all the states in igboland are oil producing state and all the state in south south are all oil producing states of which we have all equal and equity to fight to finish . Do you think that selling bakassi to cameroun will just swept under the carpets. Very soon the trumpet will sound so that everyone will answer his fathers name rather than sucking from our resources to develope thier region. Achebes revealing secret is not a new thing to me because my parents has already told us the truth blwhom is our greatest enemy before achebe unveiling the secret.
my brother dont mind them , these yorubas are very bitter people but of course they will enjoy their nigeria with their hausa fulanis slave masters when we eventually leave this cursed country. my father always say that the biggest mistake ijaws mad was to withdraw support for biafra.that single mistake caused biafra to loose . we would have been better off by now but thank God our second chance to correct that is coming. after the next split up i wonder which ethnic group will be dumb enough to remain with these bitter yorubas and backward hausa/fulanis.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by danjalingo: 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
[quote author=Callotti]

You have asked and the answer is still NO.
For one. . .the Igbos are not united amongst themselves. MAJORITY OF IGBOS DO NOT WANT SECESSION.
The culture of violence and treachery will spill over. . . .The Igbos are too volatile and cannot be trusted to maintain peace and unity.
Unite within yourself FIRST. . . then the world can take you seriously. let there be a referendum atleast.about their unity i wont agree or dsagree until u show me a completely unitd tribe.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by danjalingo: 1:39pm On Oct 15, 2012
Laf don nearly pull my jaw apart, as I see the ibo man dwelling in the fools paradise of a "Biafra would be better, Ibo man is the Best"Fantasy and foolish reason of the highest order!.
I what way has the ibo man shown in the past 52 years thahis region (or Biafra, if it eventually be) would better than Nigeria as a whole or otheregions if standing alone. In what way has the ibo man shown that he is or would be more successful than the yoruba
If at all most .y dnt we let dm go?an save us ds dbt
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by htajz: 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2012
dan jalingo: Laf don nearly pull my jaw apart, as I see the ibo man dwelling in the fools paradise of a "Biafra would be better, Ibo man is the Best"Fantasy and foolish reason of the highest order!.
I what way has the ibo man shown in the past 52 years thahis region (or Biafra, if it eventually be) would better than Nigeria as a whole or otheregions if standing alone. In what way has the ibo man shown that he is or would be more successful than the yoruba
If at all most .y dnt we let dm go?an save us ds dbt
cure yourself of hatred, how is it your buisness what happens to them but am sure it can never be like the north where your blowing yourselves to peieces right now. pot calling kettle black.
if anybody is still wondering why nigeria is cursed with terrible leaders just check out the mentality of the average nigeria. imagine people like cyberg or this ode jalingo becoming president tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by DuduNegro: 1:54pm On Oct 15, 2012
Kay 17: Bad processes. What doesn't Islamic virus mean?! It should be thrown out. Besides Nigeria is a sovereign state and its sovereignty is unquestionable, except in humanitarian disasters. The courts can't question its own foundation, cos its hinged on Nigeria's sovereignty.

By taking the case to a Nigerian court is proof that they accede to nigeria's authority.

They have gone to ICJ and been thrown out, they appealed to European union and was denied, so in thrir desperation they came bsck home and wiyh hope, while their man Gej is still there, they might get some movement in their grievance against Nigeria.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by PointB: 2:01pm On Oct 15, 2012
If CyberG represent the average Yoruba man, I won't blame them. Their whole survival strategy in hinged on access to a generous dose of Niger Delta oil and Igboman enterprise in their backyard. A situation that will rapidly change once any region from the South successfully pull out of the union. I can feel their palpitation, but we (Igbos) and cultural/religiously similar group must work towards pulling out of this unworkable union or restructure it for efficiency. Fact is that a big change must happen!
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by auwal87(m): 2:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
Belgium may break up soon, see this; http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1015/breaking27.html
So also Catalonia secession out of Spain, see this; http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981700159

So if Belgium and Spain can or may break up, what is the problem with Nigeria breaking up, our differences are far much more than that of Spain and Catalonia or Belgium and the Flanders.

We will surely divide, and it is coming soon.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by saintohia: 2:04pm On Oct 15, 2012
ocelot2006:

LMAO!! This joke just made my morning cheesy !! So,after your collective Biafran butts were whooped six ways to Sunday by the Nigerian military, and your subsequent surrender on our terms, how did that make you stronger? Please do tell cheesy .

^

Using Bakassi as barter to defeat Biafrans, huh?

Those who made mistake in SS & supported the fraud termed " Project Nigeria" have learnt their lessons, they would take accurate decision this time since they even desire the Biafra more than Igbos now.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by ifeegee(f): 2:04pm On Oct 15, 2012
htajz: this looks like waste of time, if biafra wants to drag nigeria to court they should take it to ICJ.
so,u quoted the whole text,just to type the above abi?Well done!
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by omayyi: 2:07pm On Oct 15, 2012
CyberG: I think the judges should do justice to this case, so let us see. In my opinion though, let the ibos secede but their will be conditions which will NOT be negotiable:

1. Every ibo man will NOT have access or be allowed to live anywhere else that is current Nigeria, except iboland: Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi. They shall have ONLY 3 months to relocate to iboland. Every ibo who is not will be in contravention of secession agreement, will be liable for grave penalty, treason, become a legitimate target which includes capital punishment with all other options on the table.

2. They will be responsible for their local debts to banks, etc in their new country

3. If Nigeria is NOT good enough now, it WILL NOT be good enough for them later on ANYTHING, so no access to Nigeria's ports, airspace, oil reserves not on iboland, coast, currency, etc.

4. There will be NO economic cooperation with it and ANY parts of Nigeria.

5. Their military will be limited to 50,000 or a number as deemed fit by agreement at secession. Like Iran and other states, they shall not be allowed to make or buy heavy weapons, nuclear technology, etc.

6. There shall be an international body (including representatives from Nigeria) to monitor their compliance to 5 above.

7. Any break to the agreement will be met with BLUNT, BRUTAL FORCE that is not aimed at correction as Nigeria will not waste any efforts or resources bogged down in a stupid war over a land less than the size of Benue State. Also, Nigeria shall maintain permanent military bases, missile shields, and forward operating bases in Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta, Edo, Benue and Kogi States. Nigeria will also assemble new military divisions to be stationed off the Atlantic coasts with a fleet of aircraft carriers, battleships. Dive bombers and heavy bombers shall be stationed in all states mentioned above. Drones shall be allowed to roam biafran skies and fly at not less than 18,000 ft.

8. The agreement shall remain in perpetuity and immutable for NOT less than 100,000 years!

knockout punch...uppercut. With these conditions, I'm sure the ibos will run when they hear "Biafra". Lol
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by saintohia: 2:07pm On Oct 15, 2012
ocelot2006:

Seconded cheesy . Don't mind those jokers. Better still, I suggest we deport them to Ivory Coast. Permanently.

^

Confirm that you've sincerely made up u're mind to live together SW + North in u're one Nijirieya without SE + SS?
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by Slizbeat(m): 2:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
I have always said it here on NL nd even opened a thread. 9ja Has HIV/AIDS, All tribes are sympathizers giving it remedy to last a little longer with the hope that a miracle will come and she would be healed. Unless we could change our ways, then that miracle will never come. HIV/AIDS has no cure yet so the death of 9ja is imminent. The igbos still remains the best in investment and development even if the source is fraud or real. The igbos wont watch n take orders from any1 cos they undastand that only God is superior. Humans are equals n there is nothing like superiority or inferiority. Most igbos has bad minds, Yes we know. But you cant change the igbos, they remain igbos n forever will.
Peace.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by naija2(f): 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
angryWhen we are all supposed to think of a way to move the country foward, we are all looking for a way to cause harm among our self. The yorubas and hausas are of different tribes also, yet they didn't think of actually disengageing themselves and making themselves a nation on their own. It is actually sad that at this age and time, we are make war instead of peace among each other. You guys don't know each other yet you've started insulting and causing war among yourself.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by saintohia: 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2012
ocelot2006:

First of all, what makes you think I'm an old soldier? Also, have you gone around the SS to ask about the common man's opinion about Biafra? If you're so sure we'll side, how come we fought under the Nigerian flag? Do you have any fcking idea what my family went through in the hands of these biafran bastards? In the very end, it was a SS man who ended the whole madness, while the initiator of the while mess ran away to Ivory Coast (bloody coward).

I will say this again. I VEHEMENTLY oppose any bloody alliance with that ppe-dream biafra, or the traitors behind the idea. In fact, I suggest the court throw out the suit, while w arrest those behind it for treason and detained them at Yellow house.

^

I doubt your parents are both from SS, the truth please, are they?
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:51pm On Oct 15, 2012
hotwax:

Igbos are doing theirs too.

I think the case is sorting itself out gradually.

Abeg let this hell pit explode. I am tired of associating myself with bigots

^^^You must be talking to the man in the mirror!
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by Desola(f): 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2012
htajz: cure yourself of hatred, how is it your buisness what happens to them but am sure it can never be like the north where your blowing yourselves to peieces right now. pot calling kettle black.
if anybody is still wondering why nigeria is cursed with terrible leaders just check out the mentality of the average nigeria. imagine people like cyberg or this ode jalingo becoming president tomorrow.

For a supposed ijaw man, you are unbelievably sympathetic to the biafran course. I suppose if you are ijaw then,I must be ibibio.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by CID: 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2012
All i see here is the fear of allowing the IGBOs go.
I think these set of people are too relevant, that is WHY NIGERIA IS SO SCARED to allow them freedom.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 15, 2012
solomon111: So you are still preaching ONE NIGERIA after everything that has happened?
Smh.

No problem in Nigeria is unique to one region or tribe alone. Even if there is a Biafra in the future, it will be just as corrupt as Nigeria. There are deep-rooted problems that need fixing. Any region becoming their own nation doesn't solve that problem. It'll just change from a Nigerian problem to a Biafran problem.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by sleek29(m): 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
After independence, Nigeria had a shaky start, we should have been left to grow our fragile democracy but what happened, IGBO military officers carried out an ethnic cleansing killing the SARDAUNA!!! And then they expected hausas to fold their arms?, the 'wise' IGBO military coup plotters tried made us believe that the President (Zik) and eastern premier escaped. Hmmm, they also killed the western premier, after that callous show of ethnic cleansing, the same Ibos expected yorubas to support them, we are not fools, maybe is the western premier had escaped too, the story might have been different. If 1966 hadn't happened, maybe there might have been a better nigeria today.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by ABJay1: 4:07pm On Oct 15, 2012
sleek29: Ibos, the most cunning people in the world, the reason why foreigners hate nigerians, the dupe everywhere, from fake drugs to substandard products and all claim to be businessmen, please can one find one clean ibo businessman? Always seeking to cheat the next man, go to ghana and ask why they hate nigerians, go to SA, just go and find out why they so much detest nigerians, I really want that to change to biafrans, the only tribe where parents don't question or investigate the source of their children's wealth. I just love the peace I enjoy in lagos during december when they have made their 'pilgrimage' to the east and pray they don't return

And the Yorubas are saints, they dont do yahoo-yahoo and yahoo+, Yoruba that will build a house and live in the BQ and rent out the main building to an Ibo who is willing to pay any amount.
Yoruba men who would build houses in lagos and rent same to 50 different and run away after collecting money from all of them for the same property?
Or the ones that will set fire to a market just because the ibo traders and successful and can afford the shops where they can't?

Take a chill pill dear.., don't be so bitter, its not good for your health. smiley smiley wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by ABJay1: 4:07pm On Oct 15, 2012
sleek29: Ibos, the most cunning people in the world, the reason why foreigners hate nigerians, the dupe everywhere, from fake drugs to substandard products and all claim to be businessmen, please can one find one clean ibo businessman? Always seeking to cheat the next man, go to ghana and ask why they hate nigerians, go to SA, just go and find out why they so much detest nigerians, I really want that to change to biafrans, the only tribe where parents don't question or investigate the source of their children's wealth. I just love the peace I enjoy in lagos during december when they have made their 'pilgrimage' to the east and pray they don't return

And the Yorubas are saints, they dont do yahoo-yahoo and yahoo+, Yoruba that will build a house and live in the BQ and rent out the main building to an Ibo who is willing to pay any amount.
Yoruba men who would build houses in lagos and rent same to 50 different and run away after collecting money from all of them for the same property?
Or the ones that will set fire to a market just because the ibo traders and successful and can afford the shops where they can't?

Take a chill pill dear.., don't be so bitter, its not good for your health. smiley smiley wink cheesy
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by ocelot2006(m): 4:09pm On Oct 15, 2012
saintohia:

^

Confirm that you've sincerely made up u're mind to live together SW + North in u're one Nijirieya without SE + SS?

And why will I want to leave my SS? But seriously, why can't you biafran clowns speak for yourself and the SE? Why must you always lump the SS into your useless plans? Abi na by force? WE DON'T WANT!! Nonsense.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by sleek29(m): 4:10pm On Oct 15, 2012
CID: All i see here is the fear of allowing the IGBOs go.
I think these set of people are too relevant, that is WHY NIGERIA IS SO SCARED to allow them freedom.

Hmm, I am yoruba and I would love to see the Igbos go but you know who doesn't want them to leave?, fellow Igbos who have business scattered around nigeria, Igbos are the biggest jokers around, an ibo man is useless in his own backyard, please go!!!
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by ocelot2006(m): 4:13pm On Oct 15, 2012
saintohia:

^

Using Bakassi as barter to defeat Biafrans, huh?

Those who made mistake in SS & supported the fraud termed " Project Nigeria" have learnt their lessons, they would take accurate decision this time since they even desire the Biafra more than Igbos now.

And how did you arrive at this conclusion?

You know what? If you're so sure that the SS will join your "cause", why don't you secede first? You fools will be in for a rude shocker cheesy .
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by abifoluwa: 4:14pm On Oct 15, 2012
biafra should be given to the ibos if they want it. honestly, about time everyone looks out for themselves. but one thing i dont get is, who do you people always blame someone, or other tribe for ur fallings? really? or u always want someone with you? you want the ijaws with you? why cant you let SS form their own country? u blame hausas for ur misfallings? why cant u blame ur leaders for killing the hausa leaders in the sixties? you blame awolowo for starvation? why cant u also blame ojukwu for starting a war when he expects the food to feed his people to come from his enemies, well, through them? u blame hausa and yoruba for the death of the ibos? the only igbo warriors that died died from fighting, not from starvation. u blame hausa and yoruba bec your city isnt developed, why cant you blame urselves for moving to other people states to develop theirs while u didnt develop urs? tired of all these bullshits. always trying to blame someone for your fallings

1 Like

Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by ocelot2006(m): 4:18pm On Oct 15, 2012
saintohia:

^

I doubt your parents are both from SS, the truth please, are they?

No, they're from Mars. You're a bloody idiot. What the hell do you biafran bastard know about me and my parents? Who gave u the damn right to decide if I'm SS or not?
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by Desola(f): 4:19pm On Oct 15, 2012
abifoluwa: biafra should be given to the ibos if they want it. honestly, about time everyone looks out for themselves. but one thing i dont get is, who do you people always blame someone, or other tribe for ur fallings? really? or u always want someone with you? you want the ijaws with you? why cant you let SS form their own country? u blame hausas for ur misfallings? why cant u blame ur leaders for killing the hausa leaders in the sixties? you blame awolowo for starvation? why cant u also blame ojukwu for starting a war when he expects the food to feed his people to come from his enemies, well, through them? u blame hausa and yoruba for the death of the ibos? the only igbo warriors that died died from fighting, not from starvation. u blame hausa and yoruba bec your city isnt developed, why cant you blame urselves for moving to other people states to develop theirs while u didnt develop urs? tired of all these bullshits. always trying to blame someone for your fallings

shh...don't say that out loud. They are emotionally unstable and suffer from victim mentality. Try and be sympathetic with them as they are not quite right upstairs.
Re: Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court by sleek29(m): 4:19pm On Oct 15, 2012
AB-Jay:

Funny isn't, igbos are always the victim, always the victim, I'm not calling anyone a saint but deep down I want biafra to happen, yorubas have rich history, Yorubas are even beyond nigeria, as far as even ghana, edo and even SS if you must know, we clearly aint worried about any secession issues @ all, the western region was clearly above all other regions then. We are so united as a people stay @ home and develop our land. I wonder how Ibos that you have 80% of them living outside biafra would even want to leave. Please go back, if you must know, that's one of Fashola's biggest wishes, that you just leave this place, if ibos leave lagos, the population would reduce by 70%. Please I need to breathe, go!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Picture: Ohanaeze Ndigbo Congratulates Muhammadu Buhari - The Sun. / Dele Momodu Wants Apc To Change It's Manifesto Because Of Buhari / Soludo Flags Off Construction Of Ekwulobia Flyover And Bus Terminal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.