Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,963 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment (3190 Views)

Pastor Catches Wife In Hotel With Choirmaster / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube / My Wife Is Pregnant For An ‘Okada’ Man, Pastor Laments In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by EkoIle1: 4:28am On Oct 15, 2012
James Akpan is an indigene of Akwa Ibom state and a rider in Lagos. He lives with his family of seven children and a wife in a 1-room apartment, located somewhere at Adeshina street in Abule Egba, Lagos. They call this sort of apartment in our local parlance, face-me-I-face-you, where a husband, wife, and children live. Another sign of poverty, if you ask me.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/13183482-why-governor-babatunde-fashola-wants-to-kill-okada-business-in-lagos
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by EkoIle1: 4:32am On Oct 15, 2012
And you wonder why Lagos state's population is 20 million. Just multiply this by thousands of other okada people in Lagos state.

Shebi the clowns on NL are always swearing by Okapbio that he's the best and he's doing beautiful things in Akwa? Why is this okada man with his 7 kids and wife suffering in Lagos state and overstretching our resources and infrastructures? This is how you know clowns on NL lie through their teeth all the time...
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by ektbear: 4:44am On Oct 15, 2012
7 children? In 2012? Gat damn.
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by htajz: 4:47am On Oct 15, 2012
and how is it your buisness, the same lagos gets federal allocation from akwa ibom oil . who are you to decide who lives where in nigeria?.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by Nobody: 4:50am On Oct 15, 2012
Ignoring the fact that it is unwise for an impoverished man to impregnate his wife at least seven times with little income, this is one of the reasons why I said that the timing of Fashola's license plate law is off. Obviously, there are bigger problems facing Lagos than people in the transport business using plates from different states.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by abouzaid: 4:58am On Oct 15, 2012
@eko ile, ur very stupid for calling akwa ibomites clowns, i won't be surprised if that man makes more money than u. How old are u 16?
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by EkoIle1: 5:01am On Oct 15, 2012
htajz: and how is it your buisness, the same lagos gets federal allocation from akwa ibom oil . who are you to decide who lives where in nigeria?.

Oh sorry, this is not my business because I'm from Ghana and not Nigeria. What a dumb statement.

Btw, Lagos state's GDP triples AKWA's and it also contributes 40% of Nigeria's non oil economy so keep quiet with that layman nonsense...

Of what use is your oil money when your people are leaving to go suffer and survive in other states? It means your state is so fcukked up that they'd rather leave and go suffer in another state than staying in their own state/Akwa.

Go back to your lazy drawing board and try again you lazy thinker...
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by EkoIle1: 5:04am On Oct 15, 2012
abouzaid: @eko ile, ur very stupid for calling akwa ibomites clowns, i won't be surprised if that man makes more money than u. How old are u 16?

7 kids and a wife = 9 people living in a 1 face me I face you room makes more money than me? You are a dull and opaque clown, a clown with low mentality ....
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by ektbear: 5:10am On Oct 15, 2012
abouzaid: @eko ile, ur very stupid for calling akwa ibomites clowns

Kindly quote where he did this..........?
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by EkoIle1: 5:12am On Oct 15, 2012
ekt_bear:

Are you minding these can't read and comprehend drop outs...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 15, 2012
ekt_bear:

Some of these people proves everyday with their comments of how dull they are? He or she must be reading something else!
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 15, 2012
ogugua88: Ignoring the fact that it is unwise for an impoverished man to impregnate his wife at least seven times with little income, this is one of the reasons why I said that the timing of Fashola's license plate law is off. Obviously, there are bigger problems facing Lagos than people in the transport business using plates from different states.
exactly! Why giving birth to excess children you can't take care of? I don't know why some men can't control their sexual urge.9people living in one room! Chei! Poverty is really a disease.
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by Afam4eva(m): 8:00am On Oct 15, 2012
And what is the point of this thread again? I guess the OP wants us to accept Fashola as the best governor in Nigeria. He's jealous of Akpabio.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by abouzaid: 8:13am On Oct 15, 2012
Eko Ile: And you wonder why Lagos state's population is 20 million. Just multiply this by thousands of other okada people in Lagos state.

Shebi the clowns on NL are always swearing by Okapbio that he's the best and he's doing beautiful things in Akwa? Why is this okada man with his 7 kids and wife suffering in Lagos state and overstretching our resources and infrastructures? This is how you know clowns on NL lie through their teeth all the time...

Eko Ile: And you wonder why Lagos state's population is 20 million. Just multiply this by thousands of other okada people in Lagos state.

@ekt bear, ilugunboy and eko ile, so are u telling me u can't see where he called them clowns on the post above.
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by SlyIg(f): 8:17am On Oct 15, 2012
Some nairalanders will start fighting and laying blâmés on the two states that are involved. Does it really matter the state? Imagine a Ghanaian coming into a Nigeria forum to querry d two states involved,does it mean there is no poor family in Ghana dat doesnt have up to 7children. This forum is becoming boring and irritating like never before.
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by MIB1(m): 8:20am On Oct 15, 2012

eko ile..I have been watching u on NL for a longtime and this ur obsession wiv lagos is really getting on ma nerves.Shey na only u dey stay lagos.
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by ifyalways(f): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2012
. . . and who are you lot to question when or how many children a couple should have

The man should not do his thing again cos he's poor?we just love chasing shadows in this country or site. Big question is this :
Are there free or affordable family planning centres for the poor?

When was the last time y'all educated your illiterate, low end workers about family planning or child spacing?

Visit our health centres, maternity homes and general hospitals which are what those folks can afford,ask for family planning or child spacing units, you'll be surprised to learn its non existing or non functioning.

When you lot keep encouraging child labor by employing their kids as nannies, gardeners and making them clean your shyte for peanuts which to them are millions, why won't they breed like rabbits?

What choices do they have?visit a quack and get an expired postinor 1 to 10, die on the abortionists table or use the local herbs which sometimes fail.

Don't just run your mouth cos you are privileged to know, get what you want!four fingers are pointing back at us all.

I've thrown open the real life situation, suggest a pratical, workable solution not nld fairytale theory.

@OP, just curious, the okada man come beg you chop money?
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by ektbear: 8:54am On Oct 15, 2012
Which family planning center do you need to stop at maybe the 4th or 5th child?
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by ifyalways(f): 8:59am On Oct 15, 2012
So when you have the 4th child you stop sleeping with your wife?

Nice answer!
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by ektbear: 9:04am On Oct 15, 2012
Is not sleeping with your wife the only form of birth control a poor or illiterate man has?

It is a wonder then that those of say my grandfather's generation don't have 40 children each, then.

So, suppose we check back in a few year's time with this okada man and find he now has 10 children. Will you then blame some other party rather than making him responsible for his actions?
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 15, 2012
ifyalways: . . . and who are you lot to question when or how many children a couple should have

The man should not do his thing again cos he's poor?we just love chasing shadows in this country or site. Big question is this :
Are there free or affordable family planning centres for the poor?

When was the last time y'all educated your illiterate, low end workers about family planning or child spacing?

Visit our health centres, maternity homes and general hospitals which are what those folks can afford,ask for family planning or child spacing units, you'll be surprised to learn its non existing or non functioning.

When you lot keep encouraging child labor by employing their kids as nannies, gardeners and making them clean your shyte for peanuts which to them are millions, why won't they breed like rabbits?

What choices do they have?visit a quack and get an expired postinor 1 to 10, die on the abortionists table or use the local herbs which sometimes fail.

Don't just run your mouth cos you are privileged to know, get what you want!four fingers are pointing back at us all.

I've thrown open the real life situation, suggest a pratical, workable solution not nld fairytale theory.

@OP, just curious, the okada man come beg you chop money?
I beg to disagree, there is free family planning drugs and methods available in all general hospitals and even neighborhood family planning outlets, with support from UNFPA, some people just wouldn't accept it. There is information during antenatal and after birth, we cant be blamed if people fail to make good choices, Government cannot impose a child policy on families they give information and people make sometimes uninformed choices, any pregnant woman who says she hasn't heard of family planning in a general hospital is a liar.
It is like saying Government has failed to provide information on safe s3x and should be blamed when people refuse to use condoms.
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by ifyalways(f): 9:16am On Oct 15, 2012
ok. Your solution is that he should not sleep with his wife.

Noted. Very funny and flawed theory. Won't even fly, I believe you know that.

Our grandfathers were into polygamy, 1 man 3 or 4 wives. Each wife having 3 or 4 kids.

Their were no child slave raiders then, you only need to have enough male kids to help in the farmwork. No one was interested in having a battalion of kids to be exported to lagos for a few pennies.

I'm not absolving the okada man of his responsibilities, no! All I'm saying is that y'all should understand that some things are the way they are cos the society as a whole is "rotten" .
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by ektbear: 9:20am On Oct 15, 2012
ifyalways: ok. Your solution is that he should not sleep with his wife.

No, that is not my solution. My proposal is that he try something. Something at all. Given that he has 7 kids and can probably only afford one of them, he clearly doesn't give a damn enough to even try.
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 15, 2012
Infact in low income areas and villages, in cases of high risk pregnancy women who continue to have children the husbands are invited and even visited by local health workers (mostly members of their own community) and given information only for the men to say "God dey, my wife no go die, God go bring wetin them go chop" should they now tie down the woman and man and forcefully make them reproduce responsibly? Let us stra holding people responsible for their choices. If it is information they have it
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by jaybee3(m): 9:24am On Oct 15, 2012
In this day of age? SMH
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by eastOFwest(m): 9:26am On Oct 15, 2012
I'm very sure that if u carry out a survey, you'll find indigenes from all states of Nigeria that live in a 1 bedroom apartment with 7 kids or more. So why single out Mr Akpan from Akwa Ibom state? At least he's gainfully employed!

And please tell me what Lagos state resources that Mr Akpan is draining? On the contrary, isn't it Lagos state govt that makes money off him in the form of "tax" which he has to pay to various touts and agents of lagos state govt?
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by ifyalways(f): 9:30am On Oct 15, 2012
debrief08:
I beg to disagree, there is free family planning drugs and methods available in all general hospitals and even neighborhood family planning outlets, with support from UNFPA, some people just wouldn't accept it. There is information during antenatal and after birth, we cant be blamed if people fail to make good choices, Government cannot impose a child policy on families they give information and people make sometimes uninformed choices, any pregnant woman who says she hasn't heard of family planning in a general hospital is a liar.
It is like saying Government has failed to provide information on safe s3x and should be blamed when people refuse to use condoms.

Debrief, talking is not same as available.
I personally took someone to 3 general hospitals/health centres namely :
Abule egba
Health centre akowonjo
Health centre , akute berger. The nurses and health officers can't remember the last time they got any supplies.

I think you are concentrating on the island which is fairly ok. The health centre at Ajiran, agungi has nothing to offer. You and I know that the "people" we are talking about are mostly mainland dwellers. On your next visit to Ajah,obalende or Jakande MKT, ask the women you come in contact with what they know about FP. I'll be happy if you can drop names of the general hospices that actually have and dispense FP at free and affordable rate.

Btw, do you know about the new lagos state ante-natal law for govt hospitals?
You get free ante natal care only if you buy or donate a pint of blood. Topic for another day sha.
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 15, 2012
ifyalways:

Debrief, talking is not same as available.
I personally took someone to 3 general hospitals/health centres namely :
Abule egba
Health centre akowonjo
Health centre , akute berger. The nurses and health officers can't remember the last time they got any supplies.

I think you are concentrating on the island which is fairly ok. The health centre at Ajiran, agungi has nothing to offer. You and I know that the "people" we are talking about are mostly mainland dwellers. On your next visit to Ajah,obalende or Jakande MKT, ask the women you come in contact with what they know about FP. I'll be happy if you can drop names of the general hospices that actually have and dispense FP at free and affordable rate.

Btw, do you know about the new lagos state ante-natal law for govt hospitals?
You get free ante natal care only if you buy or donate a pint of blood. Topic for another day sha.
Thamk you for the feedback, yes we have heard reports of diversion with information like this we can check with the contractors and suppliers and see where the link is cut off. Thank you, because of things like this we carry out unscheduled site visits to inspect and monitor. Various agencies are responsible for various sites, thank you for the feedback, will check for those mentioned sites.
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 15, 2012
Wow, that is a crazy law, I dont understand it, I will ask for a copy from my Lagos Collegue read and try to understand it. Thanks
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by ifyalways(f): 9:38am On Oct 15, 2012
debrief08: Infact in low income areas and villages, in cases of high risk pregnancy women who continue to have children the husbands are invited and even visited by local health workers (mostly members of their own community) and given information only for the men to say "God dey, my wife no go die, God go bring wetin them go chop" should they now tie down the woman and man and forcefully make them reproduce responsibly? Let us stra holding people responsible for their choices. If it is information they have it
True in some cases .

How do we hold them responsible when we are still gonna employ 'em kids as soon as they clock 10?
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 15, 2012
ifyalways:
True in some cases .

How do we hold them responsible when we are still gonna employ 'em kids as soon as they clock 10?

Like I said before we all have our part to play, report such activities to NAPTIP when you see it. We are indeed a deep sick society eenough blame to go round but some agencies do some work with little resources
Re: Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 15, 2012
abouzaid: [b][/b] @ekt bear, ilugunboy and eko ile, so are u telling me u can't see where he called them clowns on the post above.

That is partly the essence of the quote button on your NL account.....quote where he said that...maybe..just maybe am the one not seeing it.

What I saw is the clowns on NL......not that Akwaibomites are clowns like you are accusing.

I will rather suggest you own up to your misinterpretation ..withdraw your statement and make restitution grin grin

Thank you in advance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Proper For A Wife To Pick The Husbands Call Or Vice-versa? / Evil Nanny Beats Child Mercilessly, Tries To Break Her Back (photo+video) / Please Help! My Neighbour Is Threatening Me With Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.