Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Making Janaba And It's Conditions - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Making Janaba And It's Conditions (25324 Views)

Is Ritual bath(janaba) Compulsory On Him Or Not? / Guslu Janaba / Janaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Making Janaba And It's Conditions by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 15, 2012
1. Ghusl (complete bath) becomes obligatory in the following conditions:

a) When Al-Mani (fluid) is discharged owing to stimulation (whether actual or imagined) while asleep or awake.

b) When a wet dream occurs.

c) When an actual intercourse takes place (even if no discharge occurs).

d) When the private parts meet (even if no discharge occurs).

e) When a woman comes out of her regular menstrual cycle.

f) When the normal flow of blood ceases from the womb after giving birth.

[2:222] They ask you about menstruation. Say: ―It is an impurity. So, keep away from women during menstruation; and do not have intimacy with them until they are cleansed. But when they are cleansed, then go to them from where Allah has commanded you. Surely Allah loves those who are most repenting, and loves those who keep themselves pure.

Anas b. Malik (RA) reported that Umm Sulaim (RA) narrated it that she asked the Apostle of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) about a woman who sees in a dream what a man sees (sexual dream). The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: In case a woman sees that, she must take a bath. Umm Sulaim (RA) said: I was bashful on account of that and said: Does it happen? Upon this the Apostle of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: Yes (it does happen), otherwise how can (a child) resemble her? Man's discharge (i. e. sperm) is thick and white and the discharge of woman is thin and yellow; so the resemblance comes from the one whose genes prevail or dominate.[Muslim]

Sa'id al-Khudri (RA) narrated it from his father: I went to Quba' with the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) on Monday till we reached (the habitation) of Banu Salim. The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) stood at the door of 'Itban and called him loudly. So he came out dragging his lower garnment. Upon this the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: We have made this man to make haste 'Itban said: Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), if a man parts with his wife suddenly without seminal emission, what is he required to do (with regard to bath)? The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: It is with the seminal emission that bath becomes obligatory.[Muslim]

Yahya (RA) related to me from Malik (RA) from Yahya ibn Said (RA) from Said ibn al-Musayyab (RA) that Abu Musa al-Ashari (RA) came to A'isha (RA), the wife of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and said to her, "The disagreement of the companions in a matter which I hate to bring before you has distressed me." She (RA) said, "What is that? You did not ask your mother about it, so ask me." He (RA) said, "A man penetrates his wife, but becomes listless and does not ejaculate. "She (RA) said, "When the circumcised part passes the circumcised part ghusl is obligatory." Abu Musa (RA)added, "I shall never ask anyone about this after you." [Muwatta Imam Malik]

Umm Salamah (RA) said, “During the lifetime of Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), after the childbirth a woman would be in confinement for forty days”. [Tirmidhi] Hasan Al-Basri (RA) said, “Once the forty days are complete, she will do Ghusl and Salah”.[Musannaf Abdur Razzaq]

Note: Ghusl is not obligatory in the following two conditions:

a) If Al-Mani (fluid) is discharged without desire due to a medical condition, or carrying a heavy load or cold
b) When prostatic fluid comes out

Narrated Al-Miqdad ibn al-Aswad (RA): Ali ibn AbuTalib (RA) commanded him to ask the Apostle of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) what a man should do when he wants to have intercourse with his wife and the prostatic fluid comes out (at this moment). (He said): I am ashamed of consulting him because of the position of his daughter. Al-Miqdad said: I asked the Apostle of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) about it. He said: When any of you finds, he should wash his private part, and perform ablution as he does for prayer. [Abu Dawud]

Ali (RA) reported that the Prophet of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said to him, “If sperm is ejaculated, do Ghusl”. [Abu Dawud]

2. Ghusl (complete bath) is Sunnah and/or recommended in the following occasions:

a) On Fridays.

b) On Eid days.

c) After giving Ghusl to a bier.

d) Before putting on the Ihram.

e) Before entering Makkah.

f) Before entering Madina.

g) Before commencing the stay of Arafah (during Hajj)

Narrated Salman Al-Farsi (RA): Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, "Anyone who takes a bath on Friday and cleans himself as much as he can and puts oil (on his hair) or scents himself; and then proceeds for the prayer and does not force his way between two persons (assembled in the mosque for the Friday prayer), and prays as much as is written for him and remains quiet when the Imam delivers the Khutba, all his sins in between the present and the last Friday will be forgiven." [Bukhari]

Scholars also encourage Muslims to perform ghusl for the 'id prayers, even though there is no authentic hadith to support this opinion. The hadith concerning performing ghusl for the 'ids are weak. But there do exist good reports from the companions (on this point) [AlBadrul Muneer, Nailul Awtar]

Abu Hurariah (RA) reported that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, "Whoever has washed a corpse must perform ghusl, and whoever carried him must perform ablution."[Abu Dawud]

Zaid ibn Thabit (RA) related that he saw the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), when he intended to perform the hajj, perform ghusl. [Darqutni, Baihaqi, Tirmidhi]

Nafi' (RA) reported that Ibn Umar (RA) did not enter Mecca without spending the night at Dhi Tawu until it was dawn, when he took a bath, and then entered Mecca in the morning, and made a mention that Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) did that.[Muslim]

Nafi' (RA) ) reported that 'Abdullah ibn Umar (RA) used to do ghusl for ihram before he entered ihram, and for entering Makka, and for standing on the afternoon of 'Arafa. [Muwatta Imam Malik]

Note: It is recommended according to all four Imams of Fiqh to perform Ghusl before entering Madina.

3. Make the intention for Ghusl, “I am intending to purify myself”.

Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) has said, “Every action is based on Intention, and everyone shall have what he intended”. [Bukhari]

Note: Intention doesn’t need to be uttered verbally or loudly, it is an action of the heart.

4. Wash your hands up to the wrists.

Narrated 'Aisha(RA): Whenever the Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) took a bath after Janaba he started by washing his hands and then performed ablution like that for the prayer. After that he would put his fingers in water and move the roots of his hair with them, and then pour three handfuls of water over his head and then pour water all over his body. [Bukhari]

5. Wash all the impurities from your private parts.

Maymunah (RA) related that the Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) washed his private parts while having a bath. [Bukhari]

6. Wudhu should now be performed.

Narrated Maimuna (RA): (the wife of the Prophet) Allah's Apostle (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) performed ablution like that for the prayer but did not wash his feet. He washed off the discharge from his private parts and then poured water over his body. He withdrew his feet from that place (the place where he took the bath) and then washed them. And that was his way of taking the bath of Janaba. [Bukhari]

Note: If the surface where the person is standing is clean then feet can be washed at the same time.

7. You should now rub water through your hair three times, letting the water penetrate down to the roots of the hair.

Note: It is obligatory for women to have the water reach the roots of the hair according to all four Imams of Fiqh either by untying the plaits of the hair or loosening them (if the water reaches the roots).

8. You should now pour water over the head and the rest of the body three times starting from the right side.

Narrated 'Aisha(RA): Whenever the Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) took a bath after Janaba he started by washing his hands and then performed ablution like that for the prayer. After that he would put his fingers in water and move the roots of his hair with them, and then pour three handfuls of water over his head and then pour water all over his body. [Bukhari]

9. No area of the body (even equal to a hair) should be left dry during Ghusl.

Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib (RA): The Apostle of Allah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) said: If anyone who is sexual defiled leaves a spot equal to the breadth of a hair without washing, such and such an amount of Hell-fire will have to be suffered for it. Ali said: On that account I treated my head (hair) as an enemy, meaning I cut my hair. He used to cut the hair (of his head). May Allah be pleased with him. [Abu Dawud]

10. It is not necessary to do Wudhu afer Ghusl.

Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib (RA): The Apostle of Allah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) said: If anyone who is sexual defiled leaves a spot equal to the breadth of a hair without washing, such and such an amount of Hell-fire will have to be suffered for it. Ali said: On that account I treated my head (hair) as an enemy, meaning I cut my hair. He used to cut the hair (of his head). May Allah be pleased with him. [Abu Dawud]

2 Likes

Re: Making Janaba And It's Conditions by dragnet: 8:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
BarokaLLAHU fiihi
Re: Making Janaba And It's Conditions by Kudducini(m): 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2015
May Allah Show You Mercies Thanks For This PostMay Allah Show You Mercies Thanks For This PostMay Allah Show You Mercies Thanks For This Post

(1) (Reply)

Hon. Tambuwal At Mount Of Arafah During Hajj Exercise / Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition / Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.