Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition (25361 Views)

Goni Tijjani Muhammad Dan Baba Bags Accolades At Qur'anic Recitation Competition / Nigeria Comes 2nd In King Abdul Aziz Al'saud International Qur'anic Recitation / Qur'anic Teaching About The Punishment For Blasphemy(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by ceometromedia: 6:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
A Nigerian from Kano,Sulaiman Abdulkarim Isa won a whopping sum N19m at the just concluded Dubai International Qur'anic Competition .

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/photo-nigeriansulaiman-wins-n19m-at.html

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by Deen4me(m): 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
Allahu Akbar

But this should be 2014 edition ?

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by kishimi8(m): 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
Great
Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
May Almighty bless us with such kids. Amen

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by Richy4all(m): 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
Wow kudos, naija for real.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by Rashman578(m): 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
Wow. Congratulations to him

3 Likes

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by hustler86(m): 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2016
مشاء الله , Barakallahu fihi brother, I envy you walai.. smiley

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by Ramanto(m): 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2016
Nigerians Beating Arabs To It.
This Shows That Islam Is A Universal Religion. Being An Arab Doesn't Make One More Muslim.
Allahu Akbar!!

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by daprince098(m): 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2016
Good practising northern muslims and the recitation of the Holy Qur'an are like

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by Hash86(m): 6:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
Nigerians, we too good!

1 Like

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
Lol
Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by Horlar995(m): 6:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
@ rapistomenka......u're d fool of d highest order

6 Likes

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 27, 2016
rapistomenka:
Hope he dont use the money to finance what he learnt from the Koran

I mean funding terrorism cool
Verse 9:29 of Surah at-tauba is probably the intentionally most misinterpreted verse of the Quran. This is what it says: –
“Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth , (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.” S. 9:29 Y. Ali
Dear brother mansour, I totally understand you when you say that this verse promotes violence on a cursory glance. But if you read it carefully you’ll find that it doesn’t. I hope you will be patient enough to be with me throughout the end of this article.
The verse says “Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth” .
My question to you brother. Does this verse stop here? No it doesnt. It continues and gives the actual reason as to the fighting. This is the continuation: –
“until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued”.
1. PAYING JIZYA IS THE CONDITION FOR FIGHTING. THIS STATEMENT IS TOTALLY IGNORED OR OVERLOOKED WHEN LEVYING THIS ALLEGATION OF VIOLENCE ON MUSLIMS .
This verse doesn’t ask the Muslims to do mindless slaughter as the media portrays or deceives. It gives the Muslims the permission to fight only those non-Muslims who do not pay jizya – the state tax. And we all know that jizya is applicable only in an Islamic state. Neither India, nor US or Britain are Islamic states. So to put this verse as an excuse for what happened there only shows how biased, unknowledgable and unfair the media is and it hurts us deeply.

To be sincere, brawling and talking so confidently about what one has no idea about hurting the emotions of those concerned is so uncalled for. Quote me a piece in the Quran that supports terrorism and killing of people with no just cause.
Im not here to insult or abuse you. I just pray God pave the righteous way for you and stop this blasphemy act.

158 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by Harbdhul(m): 6:50pm On Jun 27, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by Harbdhul(m): 6:50pm On Jun 27, 2016
rapistomenka:

If it will be used against people like you then it will be a good investment.

People like u are virtual terrorists

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by januzaj(m): 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
rapistomenka:

51 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by amijid2012(m): 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
Allah is Great., More blessing to u., pls use the money wisely

3 Likes

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by Horlar995(m): 6:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
rapistomenka:

A fool @ ur age is a fool 4ever and ever AMEN...................

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by hustler86(m): 6:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
rapistomenka:

The terror acts of some non-muslims posing to be a muslim is what makes you think Muslims are terrorists? , that means all christians are gay because the head of christians (pope Francis) world wide says they owe their fellow gay men an apology.
Think before you type bro.
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته. smiley

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by Postboiswag(m): 6:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
rapistomenka......To slap u dy hungry me

3 Likes

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by LAUWALI222(m): 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
rapistomenka:

boko-haram are not muslim,the real teaching of KORAN IS PEACE NOT FIGHT

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by ReduceWeight(m): 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ma sha Allah

1 Like

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by rapistomenka: 7:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
keyzid:

To be sincere, brawling and talking so confidently about what one has no idea about hurting the emotions of those concerned is so uncalled for. Quote me a piece in the Quran that supports terrorism and killing of people with no just cause.
Im not here to insult or abuse you. I just pray God pave the righteous way for you and stop this blasphemy act.

Quran (61:4) - "Surely Allah loves those who fight in His cause"

Quran (61:10-12) - "O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a commerce that will save you from a painful torment. That you believe in Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad), and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwelling in Gardens of'Adn- Eternity ['Adn(Edn) Paradise], that is indeed the great success."

Sahih Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Sahih Bukhari (52:256) - The Prophet... was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them (i.e. pagans)." In this command, Muhammad establishes that it is permissible to kill non-combatants in the process of killing a perceived enemy. This provides justification for the many Islamic terror bombings.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by viviangist: 7:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
The 18th session of the Dubai International Holy Quran Award concluded on Friday night with Nigerian contestant Sulaiman Abdulkarim Isah winning the top position in the international Quran completion category of the Award, along with the AED250,000 prize money. Omar Hussain Baeisa of Saudi Arabia and Yemeni Mohammed Khaled Yaseen achieved second and third positions.
Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, attended the concluding ceremony at the Cultural and Scientific Association, Mamzar, along with a number of senior officials, dignitaries, 78 Quran contestants, and members of the public.
The other top ten participants included Abdulaziz Abdulla Alhamri from Qatar, Abdul Rahman Alshuwaie from Kuwait, Mohammad Amdadulla Tajul Islam from Bangladesh, Anis Ali Al Fadel from Libya, Salem El Emjad from Mauritania, Mohammed Arif from the USA, and Abdulrahman Abdulla Hasan from Bahrain.
These were gifted between AED65,000 and Dh35,000. The Mauritian and American contestants, having got the same marks, were ranked eighth and second eighth.
Contestants who scored 80 percent and above were rewarded with AED30,000 each, while those whose performance was estimated at 70 to 79 percent, received AED25,000 each. Parti ....

Read the Full Story with Pictures On http://www.viviangist.com/sulaiman-abdulkarim-wins-n19m-at-dubai-international-quranic-competition

4 Likes

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by LAUWALI222(m): 7:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
hustler86:

The terror acts of some non-muslims posing to be a muslim is what makes you think Muslims are terrorists? , that means all christians are gay because the head of christians (pope Francis) world wide says they owe their fellow gay men an apology.
Think before you type bro.
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته. smiley
Thanks bro

8 Likes

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
rapistomenka:

Quran (61:4) - "Surely Allah loves those who fight in His cause"

Quran (61:10-12) - "O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a commerce that will save you from a painful torment. That you believe in Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad), and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwelling in Gardens of'Adn- Eternity ['Adn(Edn) Paradise], that is indeed the great success."

Sahih Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Sahih Bukhari (52:256) - The Prophet... was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them (i.e. pagans)." In this command, Muhammad establishes that it is permissible to kill non-combatants in the process of killing a perceived enemy. This provides justification for the many Islamic terror bombings.

Quran 61:10-12 – “O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a commerce that will save you from a painful torment. That you believe in Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad ), and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwelling in Gardens of ‘Adn – Eternity [‘Adn (Edn) Paradise], that is indeed the great success .”
As I have pointed many times before, to fight in God’s way, does not endorse killing of the innocent. These passages always exhort people to fight tyranny, oppression and persecution. To fight in God’s way could also mean, strive to preach the Message of Islam verbally. These verses below show the beauty of what ‘Fight in His (God’s) way’ means,
Quran 2:190 Fight in the way of God those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. God does not like transgressors.
Quran 2:246 “Would you perhaps refrain from fighting if fighting was prescribed for you?” They said, “And why should we not fight in the cause of Allah when we have been driven out from our homes and from our children ?” But when fighting was prescribed for them, they turned away, except for a few of them. And Allah is Knowing of the wrongdoers.
Quran 4:75 And what is [the matter] with you that you fight not in the cause of God and [for] the oppressed among men, women, and children who say, “Our Lord, take us out of this city of oppressive people and appoint for us from Yourself a protector and appoint for us from Yourself a helper?”

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
Masha Allah !
Learning Quran is by heart not by the colour of skin smiley

8 Likes

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by SaAbbas(m): 7:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
Masha Allah

Congratulations brother
Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by rhajaan(m): 7:27pm On Jun 27, 2016
This is not the present edition,20th edition won by 20-year-old Turki bin Muqrin bin Ahmed Alabdulmunim of Saudi Arabia. of 2016,a Saudi won this year's edition. @OP...here is the link. www.khaleejtimes.com/ramadan-2016/ramadan-news/saudi-contestant-is-winner-of-dubai-quran-award

2 Likes

Re: Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition by rhajaan(m): 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2016

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo / It Is Haram To Celebrate New Years! / Muslims: Are We Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.