Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Zero Or 100. Ninety-nine Is Not Good Enough - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Zero Or 100. Ninety-nine Is Not Good Enough (803 Views)

Things To Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough / If 99% Was Good Enough / Are You Good Enough For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Zero Or 100. Ninety-nine Is Not Good Enough by mute4real: 9:31am On Oct 15, 2012
The last time I wrote a note was about three months ago. I have been going through some tough challenges that even though I had inspirations to write I just could not get down to it. The months when standard School for Personal Leadership (SPL) sessions hold are usually my thinking, reading, and writing months; the months when I sharpen the saw. I cease from all other regular Facebook activities like updating my wall, sharing my notes with others, or chatting with people. I just focus on adding value to my students at SPL and developing myself.

This month, October, 2012, it’s already two weeks into the four week session and I have still not sat down to write any new note, at least not until now. As at my last count I already had over thirty titles to write about but getting down to actually do the writing was another story. It was like I had been in a dark cloud. But at least I have been doing some thinking and reading. In the past four days I have bought five new books making it a total of ten books that I have gotten in the last few weeks.

Tonight, however, I couldn’t sleep. A select team of individuals and I are on the verge of birthing something big. A dream I have had for almost a decade now; precisely eight years: A dream of something revolutionary that has caused me to swim against the currents for the past three years of my life.

Yes, it has finally come down to the most critical moments of this phase of my life. And as God would have it He made sure He took the ball away from my hands and gave it to a team of people so when it is birthed I won’t have any glory in it. Quite weird that after six thousand years He still does not want to share His glory with anyone. Just when it comes to the final moment the ball is no longer in my court.

So, throughout the day, I have been doing some retrospective thinking. What kept me up these past eight years of my life so much so that I was willing, ready, and did turn my back on the so many good and enticing things of life that my peers have gone for and the society naturally expect from me? Why did I not opt for the normal curve of graduating, working a little, getting married, and having kids? Isn’t that what the society wants? Why did I choose this curve that only a very few people ever dare and even much fewer get to see the light of day in it? Why this? Why that? And even while trying to sleep some hours ago my mind kept working.

Then the answer came to me. It came in a flash. I have always had the “Zero or 100” mentality. If I fail let me fail big and when I succeed I will succeed big, also. I am not going to settle for the “somewhere around” mindset. I am going all the way; either that or I die trying.

You see, when you have the “Zero or 100” mindset life takes on a different meaning for you. It’s like refining gold. The impurities have no other options than to fall off for nobody wants an “almost pure” gold. However, the process is not an easy one. It’s like water flowing up-hill. It’s swimming against the currents. Going through the refiner’s fire is not exactly “a walk in the park.” The good part though is that the refiner Himself is there with you so that you don’t stay a second longer than is necessary.

When you have the “Zero or 100” mindset you don’t pursue your dreams, your dreams pursue you. Mediocrity nauseates you. You become nauseous when you come across people with the mediocre mindset because you don’t do things halfheartedly; you throw your entire being into whatever you do. It’s either all or nothing.

So, about three months after I wrote my last note I got out of bed just before midnight to put down these thoughts. The next few months are going to be critical for me. The ball is not completely in my hands anymore. It is now in the hands of some people I have never even met face to face, but who have proven that they also have the “Zero or 100” mindset. For they have also taken some bold steps that only a few people take in their lifetimes.

I may not know how every moment of my life will turn out, but I do know one thing; I am very certain that at the end I win. I know how my story ends. For all things work together for good to them that love God. I may see neither wind nor rain but this valley shall be filled with pools of water. After I have suffered a little while, He will restore, support, and strengthen me, and He will place me on a firm foundation. But for now, it is either Zero or 100. Ninety-nine is not good enough.

The one whom Jesus loves,
Mute Efe.
+234-803-874-9796.
www.facebook.com/mutehimself
Re: Zero Or 100. Ninety-nine Is Not Good Enough by ahika(m): 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2012
Nice 1. I guess I have to establish that impeccable personality 'Zero or 100'
Re: Zero Or 100. Ninety-nine Is Not Good Enough by mute4real: 8:36am On Oct 31, 2012
ahika: Nice 1. I guess I have to establish that impeccable personality 'Zero or 100'
Thanks, ahika.

(1) (Reply)

A Memoir / Meet The Pigeon That Saved The Lives Of 197 Soldiers / :D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.