Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,034 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 (12326 Views)

Ice-Prince Wins "Best African Act" At BET Awards 2013 / Dbanj Wins ‘Best African Act’ At 2012 MOBO Awards / MTV Europe Awards 2005: 2Face Idibia Is 'Best African Act'! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by onatisi(m): 10:24am On Oct 16, 2012
Mad Cow: CONGRATULATIONS TO DON JAZZY!!!

Without you, There would have been no D'banj.
without dbanj noone would have heard or know donjazzy.you guys just have to know and realise it .hate the truth or like it some people are born to shine when it is their time ,this is dbanjs time and he is shining whether u live ur life on nl criticisng him ,he will continue to shine until God says otherwise.
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by ijebabe: 10:26am On Oct 16, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Wande Coal denied it. I am no sopporter of anybody, I like good music whether the musician is from Ghana or Conco doesnt matter. All am trying to say is, Dbanj is a braggard, he is old but doesnt respect his old age. He goes all over the net and media bragging he owns this and that while Jazzy is cool headed and doesnt make noise. Ask Wnade Coal who owns what, Dbanj is a braggard and should not forget he was a 419 scammer in London. Na maga money dem use set up Mo Hits, ask any Nigerian in UK its no secret...
Why contradict yourself?

It's all about the music, so everyone arguing on who made who is wasting their time.
I believe both D'Banj and Don Jazzy owe each other some gratitude so stop splashing e-spit everywhere jor.

1 Like

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by marveouz: 10:32am On Oct 16, 2012
dammytosh:

Xcube, Well said

Do you know I feel for Dbanj at times when people talk thrash ?

He is the financier of Mo-Hits , he brings in all the deals and yet portrays Don Jazzy like a god.

Back then before the separation i blivd Don Jazzy was the Baba Olowo (Abrahamovic) of Mohits not knowing all the bentleys were bought by Dbanj (At least Dbanj said this and up till now nobody denied it)

So since the dude decided to move on based on irreconcilable differences, I think we should move on and stop the thrash of "X" MADE "Y"

Who is Tuface's producer. We dont know because Tuface hardly mention him. So it is possible we don't know Don Jazzy if D'banj hardly mention him.

#GBAM!

1 Like

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Rooneyboy(m): 10:47am On Oct 16, 2012
Don Jazzy is just one down to earth fellow.
I have a soft spot for him.
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by dammytosh: 10:53am On Oct 16, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Wande Coal denied it. I am no sopporter of anybody, I like good music whether the musician is from Ghana or Conco doesnt matter. All am trying to say is, Dbanj is a braggard, he is old but doesnt respect his old age. He goes all over the net and media bragging he owns this and that while Jazzy is cool headed and doesnt make noise. Ask Wnade Coal who owns what, Dbanj is a braggard and should not forget he was a 419 scammer in London. Na maga money dem use set up Mo Hits, ask any Nigerian in UK its no secret...

You are funny. Who is Wande Coal ? (Same guy that said in a solemn voice in the secret ("Dbanj helped all of us"wink.

That guy does not know anything going on in Mo-hits. He just took side when the opportunity came to get at Dbanj.

Dbanj claimed to buy Bentley for Don J and na Wande Coal go deny am. That sounds ridiculous.

And your assertion that Dbanj is a braggard sounds funny. He is older yet calls Don Baba. I have seen him bow several times in front of Don Jazzy in the public. It was when he decided to move on that u people see bragging.

I recall when Don Jazzy was given an award in a show. He walked up to the stage with the boys including Dbanj. Dbanj collected the award on his behalf, and thanked the producer. Don Jazzy never altered a word. (That is the packaging, Dbanj brought to Don J's career.

You sound stupid by saying Dbanj was a scammer and a 419 in London. Yet he performs on stage without being arrested in London and even going for a world award.

People like you abuse freedom of speech by spitting rubbish without evidence.

7 Likes

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by musty1987(m): 10:54am On Oct 16, 2012
val_dubem: hw e take reduce d price of Garr1?

ask Google
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by sirwyte(m): 10:59am On Oct 16, 2012
AmD'banj, Oskibanj lyk my jamaican frnd kal me, Importer, exporter kokowater.
I'l forever b ur biiiig pal. Bt sooo sad i dnt gt a retweet frm ya.
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by safarigirl(f): 11:00am On Oct 16, 2012
After the success of Oliver Twist in part of Europe and all of Africa it would have been daylight robbery if D'banj didn't win it, straight up. I'm no fan, but the dude definitely deserved it.

Wizkid, next year is mos def for you.

For those wondering, when yuou start up a record company, don't spotlight one artiste like Mo'hits did with D'banj, Kennis did with Tu Face and EME is now doing with Wizkid, cos the day that artiste decides to leave, you'll basically have to start from scratch. Na dem cause themselves

1 Like

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by musty1987(m): 11:01am On Oct 16, 2012
tatiana009:

No be the same Don Jazzy do tracks for the likes of Dr Sid and D'Prince? How many awards have they won. Abeg leave story, D'banj has an amazing stage presence and charisma and that's what seals the deal. Plenty artists with good producer but at the end of the day it boils down to the artist. Well done jare D'banj

I concur
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by xcubed(m): 11:21am On Oct 16, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Keep talking, does this make any difference with those that didn't finish school and went into music, or people that did nasty things just to make it? if he knew better and things were okay would he have done CC fraud? Mohits might have been based on CC frud money but now am sure you can see and say for yourself that if they want to repay the person he defrauded it will be times 10, and who told you he's keeping it a secret? He even sang about it in 'Mobolowo won' It's people like you who wouldn't forget about the past just to keep saying negatives.

Wande coal denied it yes and deleted the tweet afterwards why? Who would not deny such? The only person that can deny it is Donjazzy and he didn't!

And by the way, 50cent was a drug dealer at a point, and so is Pusha T of G.O.O.D Music, do I even need tell you all these?

2 Likes

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 16, 2012
Mad Cow:

Don Jazzy made D'banj... SHIKINA..

Nobody is praying for his downfall, just stating the obvious.. the tracks and album that got him all these awards were don by Don Jazzy, not Khanye or D'banj!

You're just hating, face it...btw its not good for your health.

3 Likes

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by outofthebox: 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2012
haters still hating..tell don j to give us another dbanj.
stars are not made.they are chosen
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by onatisi(m): 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2012
dammytosh:

You are funny. Who is Wande Coal ? (Same guy that said in a solemn voice in the secret ("Dbanj helped all of us"wink.

That guy does not know anything going on in Mo-hits. He just took side when the opportunity came to get at Dbanj.

Dbanj claimed to buy Bentley for Don J and na Wande Coal go deny am. That sounds ridiculous.

And your assertion that Dbanj is a braggard sounds funny. He is older yet calls Don Baba. I have seen him bow several times in front of Don Jazzy in the public. It was when he decided to move on that u people see bragging.

I recall when Don Jazzy was given an award in a show. He walked up to the stage with the boys including Dbanj. Dbanj collected the award on his behalf, and thanked the producer. Don Jazzy never altered a word. (That is the packaging, Dbanj brought to Don J's career.

You sound stupid by saying Dbanj was a scammer and a 419 in London. Yet he performs on stage without being arrested in London and even going for a world award.

People like you abuse freedom of speech by spitting rubbish without evidence.
guy i swear to God i gbadun you,you are one very very intelligent smart guy.you should be in the legal proffession.keep it up.from the look of things the donjazzy camp seems to be losing more ground everyday

1 Like

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Shaw007(m): 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2012

dey dere dey shout,i don't know why u have 2 pick sides,i'm very sure the don jazzy u are here ranting about is very happy 4 d'banj
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by strongguy(m): 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
The guy is the best entertainer in Africa,very good at it.
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Shaw007(m): 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
dammytosh:

Your name suggests your state of mind.

Why do you guys like deceiving your selves with such an unnecessary phrase. The guys partnered and the partnership worked. Dbanj made Don Jazzy popular. He is the first singer that brought the producer into lime light with is "Don Don Don Jazzy" signature.

"Dbanj helped all of us" .... Wande Coal (in the leaked version of their secret conversation)

Dbanj has left for good and instead of looking for his down fall like Dr Sid. Be as matured as Don Jazzy and move on.......

Cracked voice, useless singer, no talent, no money bla bla bla.....

The guy keeps rising and rising and rising without distributing Recharge card on twitter.

Who GOD HAS BLESSED , NO MAN CAN Curse. I see why Iyanya featured him in the remix, It was divinely inspired.....

O boi ur head is there die!!!

Even Don'j admitted that without d'banj he wud av been Nobody,so i think they just pratically saw each other 2 greatness,working hand in Hand,so i dont know the problem of these Ppl wey bad-belleism Go kill

"wetin den talk no mata at all,what God has Don no man Can destroY"

I really really wish HE wins It worldwide,or at least Get very close. . .It'd Only stamp Nigeria's position In d entertainment scene Globally
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Dotman01(m): 12:31pm On Oct 16, 2012
xcubed:

Keep talking, does this make any difference with those that didn't finish school and went into music, or people that did nasty things just to make it? if he knew better and things were okay would he have done CC fraud? Mohits might have been based on CC frud money but now am sure you can see and say for yourself that if they want to repay the person he defrauded it will be times 10, and who told you he's keeping it a secret? He even sang about it in 'Mobolowo won' It's people like you who wouldn't forget about the past just to keep saying negatives.

Wande coal denied it yes and deleted the tweet afterwards why? Who would not deny such? The only person that can deny it is Donjazzy and he didn't!

And by the way, 50cent was a drug delar at a point, and so is Pusha T of G.O.O.D Music, do I even need tell you all these?
stop schooling 'em bro. . . No matter how hard u tell them, they wont admit it. We sabi ppl like them wit thier strong head.
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Shaw007(m): 12:38pm On Oct 16, 2012
Kemy11: This dude didnt shave his pubic hairs in d armpit. Omo yoruba always d same. Dont take it personal just saying. grin
i had to 'dust' mY websters 2 make sure i wasn't seeing tinz. . .Pubic hair In d ARMPIT!!? GoOd Lord,English don suffer Oangry

1 Like

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Shaw007(m): 12:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
babatulla: Congratulations D'banj. Please let us all vote for him to win Worldwide Act. Here is the link http://m.mtvema.com/vote/category.rbml?lang=EN&region=AFRICA&id=ema12_mob_wwact_cluster2
pls d mOds shud make this a topic on front page,so every Nigerian/African can Vote!!

If its authentic
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by onatisi(m): 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2012
it is really funny when i read omments from nigerians ,i know nigerians are very intelligent ppl so i believe some comments here dont represent the true iq level of nigeians,but to set the record straight here ,artistes make the producer it is never the otherway round,that is why producers always look out for sellable talents ,even in sports the players make the team,i dont think celine dion producer can come out and say he made but she being a sellable talent and making headlines is what will bring recognition to the producer.if don jazzy is as fantastic as some ppl claim lets give him 2years and see if he can make another superstar.but for dbanj he will always get another equally and if not better producer than donj,and as per songs that is the easiest he has enough money to pay the best song writers in the world,so the whole game shifts in favour of dbanj

2 Likes

Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by tintingz(m): 1:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
which don jazzy? I didn't know jazzy before when they started music until d'banj started shouting "is don jazzy again" in every of his songs. . .don jazzy is a great producer in naija buh i give it to d'banj he introduced don-j to us. . .oyato ski-banj
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by eduson55(m): 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
madam,
abeg arrange azonto crusade for me jor
[img]http://2.bp..com/-Gcl68Br_9Mg/UBcf6fwG2jI/AAAAAAAADkU/dETYCkceBJo/s400/azonto.jpg[/img]
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by tunapawizzy: 1:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
EJA NLA GOD BLESS YOU mumu DR. Sid dey beef u just dey succeed dey go
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Attention(f): 1:50pm On Oct 16, 2012
d'banj everything about u dey sweet my belle, u are the best after u na tuface!
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by maxuella: 2:07pm On Oct 16, 2012
Mynd_44: Next winner is Vector the Viper
na BORN LEADER him want carry win am
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by naturalwaves: 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2012
This guy has shown once again that he is still one of the best things in this part of the world called Africa. It is no mean feat for one to be acknowledged as THE BEST MUSICAL ACT in the whole of Africa. OLADAPO DANIEL OYEBANJI aka Dbanj, Skibanj, Mensah, Koko master, Mr Entertainer or whatever you want to call him has shown once again that he has nothing to prove to anyone that he is indeed good and talented. He's blessed! #Dbanj Oyato#

Congratulations to D'banj, congratulations to all Nigerians.It is a good thing that the award was won by a Nigerian and that speaks volume about the level of our music. We're gradually getting there.
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2012
As long as the whole drama ends with DJ.

Seems like DJ needs DBJ.
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by rootedinsuccess: 2:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
Mad Cow:

Don Jazzy made D'banj... SHIKINA..

Nobody is praying for his downfall, just stating the obvious.. the tracks and album that got him all these awards were don by Don Jazzy, not Khanye or D'banj!

[b]WAS IT PERFORMED BY DON JAZZY? [/b]They both compliment each other. None of dem made d other. They r both exceptional @ what dey do.
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by Bodmas06: 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2012
My advice to all igbo haters:stop hating dbanj.Reason? The more u hate dbanj d more he will prosper, d more u over rate don jazzy d quick he wil fall.
Dbanj oyato joor eja n la.congrats.stil to come Grammy nomination.
Re: D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 by blackmale(m): 4:04pm On Oct 16, 2012
team d.banj all the wayyy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kiss Daniel - "No Do" (audio) / O2tvseries Movies- How To Download Latest Movies On O2tvseries.com / Flavour To Open Nite Club In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.