Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,829 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane (9110 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by vassilli(m): 10:11pm On Jan 23, 2008
Make una allow dem express dem irresponsible selves!
afterall celebrities like 50cent & Eedris fought on board a plane 2!
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by winnipeg(m): 10:22pm On Jan 23, 2008
I think the real question is this; since airline companies know that the use of mobile devices inteferes with navigational instruments which could lead to disastrous consequences, why don`t they install jamming devices on all aircraft in their fleet (they could programme it in such a way that it becomes activated once the aircraft is ready for takeoff). This way, the safety of their pasengers is not compromised and it acts as a foolproof method against the few individuals who feel it`s within their right to cause others harm.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by WarfyBoy(m): 10:45pm On Jan 23, 2008
Expectedly, the pilots called for the immediate arrest of the duo who became unwilling guests of policemen stationed at the airport.

this case is jst like somebody goin to report to d police abt an incident, nd  d police have him detained till the offenders r found.

y dem go arreest d 2, maybe i wish d guy no come in, d guy for beat d cabin biscuit crew member that was tryin to stop him

c wetin gud samaritan dey put person now, na d regret wey d guy go dey regret b dt now, wetin make am put mouth  4 d mata

my opinion b say, DEM NO SUPPOSE ARREST DT 1 WEY CHALENGE AM, nigerian tin dey vex me.

even if person c anoda person dey die go 4 road, im go just pass on im own, if u go ruch am go hospital, police go detain u till d person get well, u go dey go report for police station every mornin. THATS CRAZY MAN.

4Q 'em al
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Sirop(f): 11:01pm On Jan 23, 2008
Madness!!
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Dreloaded(f): 11:08pm On Jan 23, 2008
osisi, madam alaimoore

Im mad at you oh. Not even a thanks after all the fight i don fight for the release of your name. cry
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Dreloaded(f): 11:09pm On Jan 23, 2008
winnipeg:

I think the real question is this; since airline companies know that the use of mobile devices inteferes with navigational instruments which could lead to disastrous consequences, why don`t they install jamming devices on all aircraft in their fleet (they could programme it in such a way that it becomes activated once the aircraft is ready for takeoff). This way, the safety of their pasengers is not compromised and it acts as a foolproof method against the few individuals who feel it`s within their right to cause others harm.

You are right and I wonder about this too. Perhaps such a device for a plane would be too expensive thus increasing the price of airline tickets.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by biggozz(m): 11:10pm On Jan 23, 2008
WARF BOI!!!!!
Wetin I do u now?, u no look ya clock begin post such a funny reply here grin grin grin grin U wan make I laff till i wake my neighbours?

U pass basket mouthoo grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Na real wafi boy u be.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Inkwazi: 11:18pm On Jan 23, 2008
Why not jammers,
It's simple really, the reason some electronics MAY interfer with navigational equipment is because of the rf (radio frequency) radiation that SOME devices 'leak' out or transmit on are close to frequencies used in aviation.
For a jammer, for instance, to jam a cell phone it would have to work on those same frequencies as the device your trying to stop,
Secondly, some devices don't transmit interfering frequencies intentionally, but rather 'leak' those frequencies as a result of being used. ie: printers, cd players, pc periphials etc,
A jammer won't stop this leaking rf , only add to the problem by creating even more stray rf,

hope this helps,
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by zigbo(f): 11:48pm On Jan 23, 2008
unbelievable,wat a shame. i wonder where people get such nerves to play with things like safety on air. when i'm on a plane i'm praying almost the whole time and this bloody idiot not only has his phone on he is taking a damn call, WTH. If i was on that flight i would have been the other fighter uhmm maybe not cuzz i may be too scared not to cause further problems for the plane but that is jst insane, thunder fire that caller. . .
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 24, 2008
@ EloSela angry

I follow you talk? Why u dey call me BushBoy? If na play make u stop am, unless I go start my own o!

You go carry Agbani pic for your profile tongue u wish

@Millena grin

I too well, walahi! If 2 say i dey for the plane, i go fight anyone wey try to report or stop those 2 fighters, but i go let them know say anybody wey lose na him go do skydiving without parachutes! grin grin grin
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by software(m): 1:38am On Jan 24, 2008
na wa ooo. wonders shall never end, so those passengers were not even thinking of plane crash, Instead make dem dey pray dem dey fight,

Assuming i was one of the cabin crew, i would have threw the both of them outside the plane. make dem go continue their fight fight,

wink
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Cactus(m): 1:43am On Jan 24, 2008
ehe h i love lagos aerial pic by mahal (had to cut a little). Also keep in mind as indicated by mahal, the image were taken with a cellular phone's camera so i decided to include some other aerials i have taken. Lagos air looks so clean

Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by easimoni(m): 3:35am On Jan 24, 2008
Cactus:

Lagos air looks so clean

Yes it does!

Not to justify the actions of the offender(s), but CNN ran a tv article that proves cell phones don't interfere with navigation/safety systems on airplanes. It's a safety myth.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Souljagirl(f): 3:48am On Jan 24, 2008
just when you think naija people have done everything bush under the sun. grin if you want to see drama with naija passengers, fly with KLM. no time one naija person doesn't give the poor flight attendants headache. and what is it with nigerians and airplane food? walai, you will see people saying pls wake me up when they are serving food, and even then, after they eat finish, they will be asking for jara, or more juice and pop. na wa o
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by bjluv: 4:04am On Jan 24, 2008
that sh*t is crazy---using your phone on planes does not and I repeat DOES NOT affect in any way to ya safe journey from obodo yinbo to anywhere. That is just jargons!

The same thing while I was flying to Germany once and a FA told me to stop using my camera because we are in the plane. What Camera See how ignorant some morons can be---a photo camera disturbing?
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by BlackMamba(m): 4:21am On Jan 24, 2008
"I'm tired of reading Nigerians did this, Nigerians did that[.] [S]top grouping everybody together call out Nigerians causing disgrace to this nation by their tribes"

@Blackcat
What exactly are you getting at?
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by tkb417(m): 7:28am On Jan 24, 2008
that sh*t is crazy---[b]using your phone on planes does not and I repeat DOES NOT affect in any way to ya safe journey from obodo yinbo to anywhere. That is just jargons![/b]The same thing while I was flying to Germany once and a FA told me to stop using my camera because we are in the plane. What Camera See how ignorant some morons can be---a photo camera disturbing?

see ur mouth. . .i pray never to enter any local flight with ya. IF ure abroad, Praise God becos people like u will cause another disaster in 9ja.

Are you a pilot or an aeronautical engineer? if ure not, shut ur mouth for life lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by snugle: 7:46am On Jan 24, 2008
The easiest way to change peoples attitudes is to change their environment. They would have no choice but to adapt.Thats why Nigerians behave civilized everywhere else except in Nigeria
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by koko777(m): 8:00am On Jan 24, 2008
@mahal, what do u mean by 'ugly lagos scenery'? OSA (lagoon) 4u! for that negative remarks about our loving lagos. we don't want pple like you to visit our country, you may as well rot in ur silly country but if u re a Nigerian then you must be a bastard.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by kateflow(f): 8:16am On Jan 24, 2008
orisirisi
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 24, 2008
Souljagirl:

just when you think naija people have done everything bush under the sun. grin if you want to see drama with naija passengers, fly with KLM. no time one naija person doesn't give the poor flight attendants headache. and what is it with nigerians and airplane food? walai, you will see people saying please wake me up when they are serving food, and even then, after they eat finish, they will be asking for jara, or more juice and pop. na wa o

That food one no be wahala now, sebi dem pay their money in full so they are entitled to the food grin grin. Whites ask for jara too o especially when it comes to wine and stuff, so that one no be naija disease,na General human being disease and its called ''OJUKOKORO"
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by na2day2(m): 8:26am On Jan 24, 2008
i wish u get to meet some rednecks in the states, u will know that such acts is every common even among the whites and not just a nigerian thing. implication is that the environment really plays a part but the person himself is the major determining factor for change.

snugle:

The easiest way to change peoples attitudes is to change their environment. They would have no choice but to adapt.Thats why Nigerians behave civilized everywhere else except in Nigeria
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by na2day2(m): 8:29am On Jan 24, 2008
ok, that is not totally true. i have flown klm twice and never saw such an incident. how did u come abt that story line?

Souljagirl:

just when you think naija people have done everything bush under the sun. grin if you want to see drama with naija passengers, fly with KLM. no time one naija person doesn't give the poor flight attendants headache. and what is it with nigerians and airplane food? walai, you will see people saying please wake me up when they are serving food, and even then, after they eat finish, they will be asking for jara, or more juice and pop. na wa o
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Kashif(m): 8:41am On Jan 24, 2008
Assuming that cell phones actually interfere with the aviation navigational equipment (poofs are begining to emerge that they dont) and the plane is already airborne when you discover that a fellow passenger is having a live conversation with his phone; the crew is have some challenges stopping him (I have my reasons for restricting this behaviour to men), what will you do?

Dont you think you should either overpower him or crash? The guy who faught the caller was simply trying to avoid a disaster - I mean, he stepped in when the caller refused to obey the crew. I agree he should have waited for the superior crew member (this time, the pilot) to make the last move but if they were already flying then, I would do worse if I was on that plane!

Candid.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by stephen2(m): 8:43am On Jan 24, 2008
THAT MAN THAT WAS MAKING USE OF HIS PHONE ON THE AIRPLANE MUST BE AN AGENT OF SATAN,I SURE KNOW THAT MAN WAS SENT FROM HELL.

WHO KNOWS,THIS IS HOW PLANE CRASHES ALL THE TIME,THEN PEOPLE WILL BE BLAMING THE AVIATION MINISTRY,

WHOEVER THAT MAN IS,I SWEAR IF I WAS ON THAT PLANE WITH HIM,BELIEVE ME I WILL GIVE HIM A LASTING MARK,EVEN IF HE IS TALL OR ANYTHING,AM PRETTY SURE OF MY SELF,AM SURELY GOING TO BRING HIM DOWN,

WORST COME TO WORST,I GO USE OGUME OR RING HIT AM,

HE'S A BASTARD
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by ademolathe(m): 8:48am On Jan 24, 2008
omo na mental case,
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by koko777(m): 9:04am On Jan 24, 2008
Godbless you 'winnipeg', i see no reason why the airlines can't fix mobile phones restriction devices in their aircraft. if banks could plant it in their banking hall what stops the airlines. The guy that was using the phone onboard must be a lunatic, disgruntle elements that makes the world to have negative impression about Nigerians, fool of the highest order! I see no reason why the dude that was correcting him should be arrested though, anyhow he too shouldn't have engaged him fisticuff, he should have just slander the lunatic with strong words not belittling himself to engage him in a physical fight. Anyhow thumb up for the good samaritan for saving the life of other lily hearted pple onboard the aircraft, who could not resist the samaritans arrest. Sometimes one need to think twice in rendering assistance in Naija.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Pamperme: 9:29am On Jan 24, 2008
This is really absurd and annoying. They ought not to have arrested the other guy because he really saved them. Some Nigerians are goats angry angry angry
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Blackcat(f): 9:43am On Jan 24, 2008
BlackMamba:

"I'm tired of reading Nigerians did this, Nigerians did that[.] [S]top grouping everybody together call out Nigerians causing disgrace to this nation by their tribes"

@Blackcat
What exactly are you getting at?

You know exactly what I'm getting at angry
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Frando29(m): 10:15am On Jan 24, 2008
In this era of incessant plane crashes in the country, it baffles me that people that are old enough to understand simple instructions still prefer to disobey them despite the fact that they know the effect of what they are doing could be disastrous. What an example to set for the next generation! Professionals in the field has said that it interferes with navigational systems of the aircraft, for christ sake obey it. If u want to commit suicide there are several ways u can do that, and not on an airplane where u have other people with you. You can take rat poison for all I care.
The pilot did what he was supposed to do, to throw the two shameless men out of the aircraft. That is standard procedure. It's now left for the police to decide who to punish which I think is the man that was making a call. And I think this serves as a good deterent for those that may want to misbehave on board an aircraft.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by chychy(f): 10:39am On Jan 24, 2008
If a crash happens now, we'll start looking 4 who 2 blame!!!!!!!!!!

Na wah oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by mababe(f): 10:52am On Jan 24, 2008
Na wa o!
Some Nigerians can sabi shame person o!
May the caller has another spare life in a cooler at home, or if they check his body they might see 'otumokpo' tied around his waist undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa / Your Advice For Someone Visiting Lagos For The First Time? / My First Journey To Lagos-experience And Hidden Lessons By Rocasmilatos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.