Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane (9111 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by na2day2(m): 6:40pm On Jan 25, 2008
oya, yahoo has answered your questions oooooooooooov grin grin grin grin

Are Cell Phones Really Dangerous to Planes?

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/65921/are-cell-phones-really-dangerous-to-planes
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by funkybaby(f): 8:22pm On Jan 25, 2008
@post

something similiar happened about two weeks ago.

It was an Arik airline flight leaving from lagos - jos bound.

The plane doors had already been shut and the crew was already announcing all the safety rules, emergency exits and all that. He repeated about twice that all cell phones should be switched off. There was this man on the plane that was still talking on the phone.

what did the crew do? rather than going to meet the guy and caution him, the crew member called the pilot, oh yes, the pilot through the intercom and the next thing, the pilot left his cock pit and came to meet the guy with the phone.

to cut a long story short, the pilot instructed the crew members to call security. the plane doors were thrown open and the guy was asked to leave the plane. the guy argued and argued (the idiot didnt even bother apologising) but the pilot insisted that if he does not leave the plane, he wont fly. the man eventually left the plane.

trust naija girls. (the plane was half full of young girls). they started insulting the man since the flight was way behind schedule (close to 2hrs late), making comments like '' the man should go and board ekene, marcopolo or cross courntry, that they allow phones''.

now the funniest part is that girls asked the crew members to search the plane very well. that ,maybe the guy was sent by who knows who to plant dynamites on the plane.

anyway, it was prayers all through for me sha, till we landed at jos.

what i dont understand is why some people love embarrassments and are damn stubborn.
Just simple instruction - switch off all cell phones.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Souljagirl(f): 8:46pm On Jan 25, 2008
thank you, my person. i don't sympathize with the man one kobo. i think this zero tolerance policy should be implemented on all flights. no more warning, just throw the person's ass off the plane. i mean is he a goat that doesn't understand common instructions? i'm sure all the other passengers have cell phones they would have loved to be using, but they simply stuck to the rules, at least for the duration of the flight. jesus! and it is always especially men that do that rubbish. stronghead no go get you anywhere. akoba adaba, olorun ma jen ri. grin
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by yewaman1(m): 9:09pm On Jan 25, 2008
the intersting thing about this is that, it happens everyday, of ourselves in banking halls and churchs,
you signs in banking hall for handsets to be switwed off, thats when you see some person makin phone calls or even picking a call, there was a time in church during service while the pastor was preaching, a phone rings, instead of the mumu to switch off the phone he ans and says 'call me back am in churrch'.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Iman3(m): 1:48am On Jan 26, 2008
The most interesting part of this story is the sheer irony.The greatest danger to the flight was not caused by the fellow using the phone but the complete idiot who decided to confront him.

How many fights do we have on airplanes in the West? No civilised person will seek to start a fight over the usage of phones,just remember that there is no evidence of their supposed danger .

Are you saying that people don't leave their phones on in the West?Remember,the supposed danger to the plane doesn't come from the act of speaking on the phone but from leaving your phone on.There are billions of passengers using airplanes annually,at least 10% leave their phones on,how many planes have crashed as a result?

The stupid thing is that the man on the phone may not have been the only person whose phone was on in that plane.Maybe our safety vigilante should have confronted every person on the flight to check their phones.Complete stupidity.

I quite loved the supreme irony in people attacking the "uncultured" fellow who had the audacity to talk on his phone.With the usual inane laments about the incivility of the average Nigerian.Strange thing is,nobody demonstrated greater incivility than the vigilante who confronted the supposed miscreant.

Disregarding rules might be a problem in Nigeria but the greater problems we have are ignorance,illogic and boneheaded confrontationists.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by osisi5: 2:11am On Jan 26, 2008
I-man:

The most interesting part of this story is the sheer irony.The greatest danger to the flight was not caused by the fellow using the phone but the complete idiot who decided to confront him.

How many fights do we have on airplanes in the West? No civilised person will seek to start a fight over the usage of phones,just remember that there is no evidence of their supposed danger .

Are you saying that people don't leave their phones on in the West?Remember,the supposed danger to the plane doesn't come from the act of speaking on the phone but from leaving your phone on.There are billions of passengers using airplanes annually,at least 10% leave their phones on,how many planes have crashed as a result?

The stupid thing is that the man on the phone may not have been the only person whose phone was on in that plane.Maybe our safety vigilante should have confronted every person on the flight to check their phones.Complete stupidity.

I quite loved the supreme irony in people attacking the "uncultured" fellow who had the audacity to talk on his phone.With the usual inane laments about the incivility of the average Nigerian.Strange thing is,nobody demonstrated greater incivility than the vigilante who confronted the supposed miscreant.

Disregarding rules might be a problem in Nigeria but the greater problems we have are ignorance,illogic and boneheaded confrontationists.

I-man with all the plane crashes in Nigeria,I'm surprised people didn't jump the guy and give him a thorough beating.
Didn't you hear what happened to someone that said he had a bomb in a coach bus shortly after 9/11 ?
The passengers in the bus nearly killed the guy before the police rescued him.
At least they wanted to make sure he saw stars before he blew anyone up.
If I were there,I would have used the heels of my shoes generously.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Iman3(m): 2:22am On Jan 26, 2008
+osisi:

I-man with all the plane crashes in Nigeria,I'm surprised people didn't jump the guy and give him a thorough beating.
Didn't you hear what happened to someone that said he had a bomb in a coach bus shortly after 9/11 ?
The passengers in the bus nearly killed the guy before the police rescued him.
At least they wanted to make sure he saw stars before he blew anyone up.
If I were there,I would have used the heels of my shoes generously.

You are comparing a person shouting that he has a bomb in public transport to leaving your phone on in a flight.The former will get you in trouble with your fellow passengers in any place and at any time.

Are you saying you have never left your phone on in a flight?

For example,50 million people use flights through Heathrow daily,at least 10% leave their phones or other similar equipment on.That is 5million daily and about 1.6billion annually.How many of these resulted in crashes?

If people are left emotionally incontinent in Nigeria over the frequent crashes,it still doesn't exculpate their ignorance and stupidity.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by MP007(m): 5:24am On Jan 26, 2008
lawlessness, I do not think any nigeria in here is surprised,
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by tectona(m): 6:29am On Jan 26, 2008
Meeeeeeeeen, those guys must be really crazy to fight on a moving plane, am not really a flying person, though i have to do most times, the tension of flying, i would have the strength to stand up and exchange blows. meeeen thats crazy.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Eclairs: 12:54pm On Jan 26, 2008
Sad news. its beggars belief tht some Nigerians at this age can be tht uncivilised. At least, they wld learn their lesson
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Eclairs: 1:14pm On Jan 26, 2008
Sad news. its beggars belief tht some Nigerians at this age can be tht uncivilised. At least, they wld learn their lesson

I-man:

You are happy with the "uncultured" fellow being attacked yet suggest the attacker was worse off. wat do u xpt from the attacker when it is probable the uncultured fellow was unruly. And from your comment, you sounded like mobile phones doesnt cause damage to Aircrafts. Bein in London, I'd xpt you to know better and I'm surprised. Fair to say the attacker's action wasnt justified but the "uncultured" fellow in my opinion needed to be treated in an "uncultured" way. Somebody tell me why he had to wait for the take off time before he makes his call.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Jarus(m): 3:35pm On Jan 26, 2008
I read some people blaming Chachangi for the ugly show. It has nothing to do with the airline,none other than the disobedient passenger deserves the blame. I did not blame the other guy either,it is most likely that it was the 'phone guy' that first punched him, and he couldn't resist replying the blow. Since it was a case of 'two fighting' Chanchangi was right to have stopped both of them from continuing with the trip.

The problem with Nigerians is that we don't listen tosimple instructions.Even though having one's phone on air may not be a serious factor that can cause plane crash,the mere fact that it is conventional practice the world over to have phones switched off on air is enough to obey the simple instruction. Nigerians just like to look for trouble unnecessarily.
I experienced similar thing four days ago aboard Virgin airline Lagos-Abuja-Sokoto. The lady beside me did not switch off her phone; rather she was busy listening to music with her phone until she got to her destination(Abuja).
As for me, I don't wait till the cabin crew announce before I switch off my phone.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by FBS: 3:42pm On Jan 26, 2008
no be only naija ppl dey do am oh, this can happen anywhere! i'm tired of, Nigerians this, Nigerians that, ! has anyone been to eastern europe, ? believe me, them guys rough no be small!
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Iman3(m): 3:48pm On Jan 26, 2008
Eclairs:

You are happy with the "uncultured" fellow being attacked yet suggest the attacker was worse off. what do u xpt from the attacker when it is probable the uncultured fellow was unruly.

There is no reason for grown men to fight unless you are fighting in self-defence or to defend another from apparent and immediate physical harm.This doesn't seem to be case here.

Fair to say the attacker's action wasnt justified but the "uncultured" fellow in my opinion needed to be treated in an "uncultured" way. Somebody tell me why he had to wait for the take off time before he makes his call.

For God's sake think of it,if you are such a stickler for rules,why forget that it is against the law to fight? So,in order to enforce the rules on phones you break the more serious criminal prohibition of physical violence.You don't see the irony in that.

And from your comment, you sounded like mobile phones doesnt cause damage to Aircrafts. Bein in London, I'd xpt you to know better and I'm surprised.

There is no study that has shown that mobile phones damage planes.Like I noted earlier,there are 50 million passengers who fly through London Heathrow daily,at least 10% leave their phones or similar equipment on.Annually,you are looking at 1.8billion people who do this and yet not one single plane has crashed.

If you factor in other airports,you are looking at billions of such incidents over the year.How many planes ever crashed because of this?

I experienced similar thing four days ago aboard Virgin airline Lagos-Abuja-Sokoto. The lady beside me did not switch off her phone; rather she was busy listening to music with her phone until she got to her destination(Abuja).
As for me, I don't wait till the cabin crew announce before I switch off my phone.

That's the civil thing to do.You leave her alone and not start a fight like a thug.

In the above,you only knew her phone was on because she was listening to music.There are others whose phones were left on in their bags or pockets.What supposedly endangers the plane is not talking or listening to music on your phone,it is merely leaving it on during the flight.Now,leaving phones on,deliberately or not,is very common.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by xavier3(m): 4:41pm On Jan 26, 2008
ignorance is a disease and i guess the guy receiving the call was one of those who need to go back to the university for groaming , as for his seatmate well sorry is all there is to say, it was ill luck that he got paired with such a guy
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by nedsly: 10:08pm On Jan 26, 2008
during the 9/11 attack, the passengers that fought the hijackers were termed national heros. whats the difference in this case, is it because the passenger that intervened is a Nigerian or,
please lets give this guy a thumbs up; the other passengers were simply terrified or timid to intervene
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by toladop(m): 10:57pm On Jan 26, 2008
Some naughty people r still arguing that u shld use phone in plane. y can't u be disciplined enough 2 switch off just for 1 hour. A local flight 4 dat matter. And those dat said many people use phones& nothing happens, that plane that crash landed in Heathrow( surprised there was no thread on that) , one person in the airport said the plane's electronics failed to respond.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Goldmann(m): 3:42pm On Jan 27, 2008
I second "Funkbaby's" post

, Was also on the arik air flight from Lagos to Jos that she talked about, Was on the 7th of January 2008, I think the man that refused to switch off his phone is an slowpoke, But, the

other passenger should hav controlled his temper, Thats where anger management comes in, The passenger on my flight was equally stuipid but, no

one lost his temper and got in a physical fight with him, so in the end only the blooming idiot got thrown off the flight,

I HAVE SPOKEN
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by diddy4(m): 3:49pm On Jan 27, 2008
this particular incident is not only apparent in Nigeria. it occurs everywhere. I have seen worse ones than this.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by osisi5: 2:03am On Jan 28, 2008
I-man:

You are comparing a person shouting that he has a bomb in public transport to leaving your phone on in a flight.The former will get you in trouble with your fellow passengers in any place and at any time.

Are you saying you have never left your phone on in a flight?

For example,50 million people use flights through Heathrow daily,at least 10% leave their phones or other similar equipment on.That is 5million daily and about 1.6billion annually.How many of these resulted in crashes?

If people are left emotionally incontinent in Nigeria over the frequent crashes,it still doesn't exculpate their ignorance and stupidity.

If an announcement is made for you to turn off your phone,just turn it off.
It's such a simple order.
If you want to find out what will happen,do it alone on a solo flight. grin
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Iman3(m): 2:05am On Jan 28, 2008
+osisi:

I'm telling you that in that your flight to the US and back,there were many people who left their phones on,deliberately or not.Are you going to walk down the aisle and start checking everybody's phone since its so important to you? grin

PS:My parents don't even know how to switch off their phones,last time I checked,they are still alive and well grin I'm afraid if someone like you is on their plane,you will take off your shoes and beat them sad grin
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by HISTY(m): 4:09am On Jan 28, 2008
Such situation need not degenerate into exchange of blows.
there are better ways of resolving such issues.
for example the guy could be cautioned and probably arrested at destination point
2 or more wrongs do not make a right
LET US EMBRACE CIVILIZATION
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by tipsy289(m): 6:06am On Jan 28, 2008
Using your phone in the air has no effect.They just tell you to switch it off because they dont want passengers jamming the network stations on ground as your phone will be roaming depending on area or country.The guy in the plane should have just listened because if u leaave your phone on,air crew and passengers who dont know cell-phones cause nothing in planes will be scared.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by oscar(m): 12:47pm On Jan 28, 2008
Na wa'o! Bad belle Nigerians! The culpable fool was only trying to reach all his friends and relations to let them know he is 'actually' in an aircraft! Why try to spoil his once-in-a lifetime experience with our bad belle. Thot he was in his usual Molue! And now everybody is blasting the 'challenger' for doing what everyone else had in mind but couldn't bring themselves to do. Typically Nigerian. But , men, I love this country to bits. I love u all! grin kiss
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by obyann(f): 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2008
+osisi:

Thank you jare
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by tkb417(m): 7:04pm On Jan 28, 2008
I'm telling you that in that your flight to the US and back,there were many people who left their phones on,deliberately or not.Are you going to walk down the aisle and start checking everybody's phone since its so important to you?

I-man
i'll agree with you
a colleague of mine will never switch off her fone, why she does that, i don't know.
We are always on the same projects in and out of the country and it gives me serious headache sitting down with her.

But, all these days, nothing has ever happened. Although, der was a day, we had serious turbulence in warri and i silently told her, "ure getting us killed". We landed safely afterwards and she made mockery of me.

But, why will people be flouting laws?

I-man
can you tell me why the Pilot will announce it everytime if d fone wont have any adverse effects on der devices?
I switch off my fone while walking towards the plane.

I dont wanna die now!!!
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by ezeoba: 6:30am On Jan 29, 2008
did i hear u say surprise,NO, i dont think so cus that man like millions sof nigerians are just like that,arrogant.i have seen many making calls in bank halls irrespective of the warning pasted all over the hall,some even make and recieve calls in churches,in hospitals, gas stations.too bad.cant we live a sec with out our mob phones.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by osisi5: 2:07am On Jan 30, 2008
I-man:

D I'm afraid if someone like you is on their plane,you will take off your shoes and beat them sad grin

ROFL.
I may not take off my shoe,but he's sure to get a dirty look.

He can only try that nonsense in Nigeria.

Let him whip out his phone on Air france,that day he'll find out that the only difference between those their air hostesses and some of our market women is their oui oui.

Or

in any German flights,he would have known that those German broads started taking Steroids before the olympic committee knew what they were.
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by holythug(m): 7:14pm On Jan 30, 2008
@ least its better than snakes on d plane grin grin grin
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Gamine(f): 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2008
LOl

Me, i hardly put off my fone, he heh e
cos i know most other people will
The effect from one fone is negligible!

There was a fight on a BA flight to London
Two Naija guys
Reclining seat

Immediately they got to heathrow
they deeported them back to naija
straight to prison!

Nawa for my people oooooooo
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by mamaorga(f): 4:06pm On Jan 31, 2008
Na wa oooo,
the second guy no discipline am well sef,
i for happy if he beat am well well
i no ready to die for plane crash becos of one man's disobedient self
Re: Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane by Gamine(f): 5:31pm On Jan 31, 2008
lolol

but airhostesses can b rude oooooo shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa / Your Advice For Someone Visiting Lagos For The First Time? / My First Journey To Lagos-experience And Hidden Lessons By Rocasmilatos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.