Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:39 AM

Enugu May Lose Power Ministry - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu May Lose Power Ministry (6998 Views)

Buhari Cabinet: Govs Senators, Reps, Lose Power To Pick Nominees / Nigeria election: Could the PDP lose power? - BBC / Governors In State Of Emergency Lose Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu May Lose Power Ministry by emmabowin(m): 10:05pm On Oct 16, 2012
thelastPope:

You are displaying your stup1dity again around this forum. Go and buy a copy of the constitution. Its only N200. Or you can download the free app and educate yourself. Each state has to produce a minister according to the constitution. Dundee!

Another strong reason why the constitution must be amended.A minister that is capable of providing Nigeria with 24 hours electricity is in the waiting but of course because the constitution prescribed that he must come from a certain area,the wrong person might be selected and the aftermath of this is the continued erratic power supply in many parts of the country.

1 Like

Re: Enugu May Lose Power Ministry by ikennahill: 12:44am On Oct 17, 2012
emma bowin: an architect as minister of power.no wonder in Nigeria doctors work in banks.

that is not our problem,any graduate with idea and experince garnished with determination to gv us light will do.just like i dont care if a governor is a Ph.D holder or ssce,what i want is good road,education,light,good system,etc.when administrators were running hospitals our health system was ok,but when med.drs started running it they are now trying to kill other health care professions.so why they no go work for bank.they killed health care with their politics.
me i dont care who be minister of power ,all i want is light,he can come from bakkasi in cameroon,niger,adamawa,lagos,abia,imo,enugu,uk,etc.i dont care,all i need is light
Re: Enugu May Lose Power Ministry by anonimi: 1:34am On Oct 17, 2012
mbulela: attempting to sacrifice our collective good on the altar of [size=13pt]political patronage.[/size]
These clowns ought to be tied to a stake and stoned.
I hope GEJ withstands the pressure to worship on the altar of mediocrity in this matter.

So you don't want GEJ to do political patronage
How much did you contribute to the presidential campaign last year Or even the governorship, legislative and LG elections?
Next election cycle, how do you want the politicians to win elections IF they do not practise "political patronage" to their financiers Especially if MOST Nigerians decide to stay out of the politicking?
Did you not hear that yoruba Ashiwaju saying he invested millions of POUNDS in Mimiko's electoral success?
BTW, there is something with us seeking freebies in different ways, knowingly or unknowingly!
Re: Enugu May Lose Power Ministry by mbulela: 8:45am On Oct 17, 2012
anonimi:

So you don't want GEJ to do political patronage
How much did you contribute to the presidential campaign last year Or even the governorship, legislative and LG elections?
Next election cycle, how do you want the politicians to win elections IF they do not practise "political patronage" to their financiers Especially if MOST Nigerians decide to stay out of the politicking?
Did you not hear that yoruba Ashiwaju saying he invested millions of POUNDS in Mimiko's electoral success?
BTW, there is something with us seeking freebies in different ways, knowingly or unknowingly!
so you don't have a problem with sacrificing collective good for political patronage?
There is nothing wrong with political patronage,there is everything wrong with sacrificing collective good on the altar of mediocrity in the name of anything,including political patronage.
He must find a capable hand in Enugu state not a round peg that will spend the next 2 years trying to be a square one.
Re: Enugu May Lose Power Ministry by anonimi: 10:26am On Oct 17, 2012
To respond directly to your question- I also have "a problem with sacrificing collective good for political patronage".
However I am pointing out to you and my fellow Nigerians that this will continue despite our groanings BECAUSE we largely do not contribute enough to the political process.
Dealing with the symptoms has never cured a disease. You cannot give paracetamol for headache, a symprom of malaria fever and expect the malaria to also be cured.

We need to participate MORE at all levels- federal, state and LG as well as executive and legislative for greater, positive change in our dear country.
Politicians are NOT Father Christmas doling out freebies.
Re: Enugu May Lose Power Ministry by Dovy: 10:56am On Oct 17, 2012
That ministerial seat must come from Enugu wether GEJ like it or not, according 2 constitution so no 1 wil take it 4rm them b/c it is their own quota or abi Enugu no dey 4 naija again. So you guys ar talking rubbish
Re: Enugu May Lose Power Ministry by mbulela: 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2012
anonimi: To respond directly to your question- I also have "a problem with sacrificing collective good for political patronage".
However I am pointing out to you and my fellow Nigerians that this will continue despite our groanings BECAUSE we largely do not contribute enough to the political process.
Dealing with the symptoms has never cured a disease. You cannot give paracetamol for headache, a symprom of malaria fever and expect the malaria to also be cured.

We need to participate MORE at all levels- federal, state and LG as well as executive and legislative for greater, positive change in our dear country.
Politicians are NOT Father Christmas doling out freebies.
I see your point and i concur.
Re: Enugu May Lose Power Ministry by nigboy(m): 5:59am On Oct 29, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation / Satguru MaharajJi: EFCC, ICPC Should Screen Ministerial Nominees / Enugu Government Commences Full Reconstruction Of Agbani Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.