Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) (13540 Views)

Whats Your Best TV Series Of 2012 / Top 10 Nollywood Movies Of 2012 / *~Ijebabe Voted TV/Movies Section Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by TonySpike: 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2012
SKYFALL

Skyfall is the latest of the James bond series which is expected to be released by October 26th. It promises to be full of action with great scenes, typical of James Bond series. I hope the main actor (Daniel Craig a.k.a. Bond 007) will manage to smile like Pierce Brosnan this time around.

After an operation in Istanbul ends in disaster, James Bond is missing and presumed to be dead, and the identities of every active undercover MI6 agent are leaked onto the internet. In the aftermath, questions are raised over M's ability to run the Secret Service, and she becomes the subject of a government review over her handling of the situation. When the service itself is attacked, Bond's sudden reappearance gives M the pretext she needs to seek out Raoul Silva, a dangerous villain claiming a personal connection to both of them – but as he follows a trail from London to the South China Sea, Bond soon finds his loyalty to M challenged over secrets from her past.- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyfall

The trailer of this movie is below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozgZvg3cggE

Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by TonySpike: 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2012
LINCOLN

Lincoln is the autobiographical movie of the famous American president, Abraham Lincoln directed by Stephen Spielberg. The movie promises to explore the life and times of the great man and will be released on November 16th. It is gonna be the bomb!!!

According to Spielberg, Doris Kearns Goodwin's entire book about Lincoln's presidency is "much too big" for a film, and said that the film will focus on the last few months of Lincoln's life, the ending of slavery and the Union victory in the Civil War. Spielberg said that "what permanently ended slavery was the very close vote in the House of Representatives over the Thirteenth Amendment – that story I'm excited to tell." Spielberg plans to show "Lincoln at work, not just Lincoln standing around posing for the history books...arguably the greatest working President in American history doing some of the greatest work for the world. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_%282012_film%29

The movie Trailer is shown below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJVuqYkI2jQ

Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by TonySpike: 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
RISE OF THE GUARDIANS

This is a 3D animated fantasy movie that is especially targeted at fantasy folks. It explores the realm of mythical beings and stunning visual effects. This movie will feature the voice of Hugh Jackman and a host of actors/actresses. It is set to be released on November 21st, 2012.

Jack Frost (Pine) is a carefree boy who has no responsibilities in the world aside from bringing winter wherever he goes. But everything changes when Pitch (Law), the Nightmare King, begins his plan to engulf the world in darkness. The Guardians, Santa Claus (Baldwin), the Tooth Fairy (Fisher), the Easter Bunny (Jackman) and the Sandman enlist Jack to join their group to stop Pitch and protect the children of the world. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_the_Guardians

The movie trailer is below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPLiBxhoug0

1 Like

Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by TonySpike: 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2012
THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN - PART 2

This is a continuation of the spectacular eclipse and twilight series which has been converted to cinema series (fantasy). It promises to see another fight between the Jake (wolf pack) and (Cullen) vampire family. I hope the movie is better than that of last year.

After the birth of Renesmee Cullen, Bella, who is now a vampire, finds herself enjoying her new life and abilities with Edward, Renesmee, Jacob, and the rest of the Cullen Family.

But Irina, a member of the Denali Vampire coven, misidentifies Renesmee for an immortal child, an infant human who has been bitten and transformed into a vampire, which has become a taboo in the Vampire world. Irina reports the Cullens to the Volturi, in revenge of her mate, Laurent, who had been killed by the Quilute Wolf Pack.

In a final attempt to survive, the Cullens begin to gather foreign Vampire clans and nomads to stand and witness against the Volturi, including the Denali, the Amazonian, the Egyptian, the Irish, and Romanian Covens. With their allies, the Cullens and the Wolf Pack stand to prove their innocence to the Volturi once and for all.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twilight_Saga:_Breaking_Dawn_%E2%80%93_Part_2

The movie trailer is below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti0H-bvMi3I

Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by TonySpike: 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2012
THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY

If you have watched Lord of the Rings - Parts 1, 2 and 3, then you mustn't miss the long-awaited Hobbit series directed by Peter Jackson himself. This movie promises to upset the global box office rankings for this year provided it beats the record set by Avengers earlier in the year. In this movie, the disgusting creature, Gollum is featured again. The movie is said to have achieved an exceptional virtual realistic environment than the previous editions. The hobbit is a two-part movie with the first part to be released on December 14th, 2012. I can't wait to see Gandalf in action once again...

The movie trailer is given below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNIKq8ZZ_Zw

Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by TonySpike: 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2012
RED DAWN

If you are a war-movie freak, then Red Dawn is the movie for you. It tells the story of young men who defend their hometown against aggressive North-Korean invasion. It promises to features typical war scenes with guns and mortars. It will be released on November 21st. Get ready!!!

A town in Washington becomes the initial target of a foreign invasion. Under enemy occupation, the town's citizens are taken prisoners. A group of young people, calling themselves 'The Wolverines' (after their high school mascot), band together in the surrounding woods. There, they train and organize themselves into a group of guerrilla fighters in order to liberate their town - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dawn_%282012_film%29

The movie trailer is seen below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3W4oDIUaY

Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by TonySpike: 5:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
These are my top six movies for the rest of 2012 for now. You are welcome to discuss your preference on this thread/topic. My money is on The Hobbits, I'm very certain it will break the box-office records in 2012 and beyond.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by TonySpike: 2:58am On Oct 17, 2012
Still waiting for comments from Nairalanders.
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by 740megawatts: 1:48pm On Oct 17, 2012
@ OP, what about DJANGO UNCHAINED? I heard the movie will feature Leonardo Dicaprio, Jamie Foxx, Samuel L. Jackson and Kerry Washington. I think it should be on this list above.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by vescucci(m): 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2012
*rubs hands vigorously together*

It's always year end that the best movies come out, slugging it out for ze awards.

I like the idea of Rise of the Guardians. First I'm hearing about it. It's like the Justice League of children's books. As for the rest, I've been waiting patiently. . . . ok, not so patiently.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by TonySpike: 8:24am On Oct 18, 2012
740megawatts: @ OP, what about DJANGO UNCHAINED? I heard the movie will feature Leonardo Dicaprio, Jamie Foxx, Samuel L. Jackson and Kerry Washington. I think it should be on this list above.

Hmmm....Django Unchained. That movie seems to be a classic one from the movie summary. The setting is centred around the African slave era in the US. Well, unfortunately it did not make my list of the best six movies to watch out before the year. But, I think it's worth watching. I'll check out the trailer on YouTube soon.
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by TonySpike: 10:55pm On Oct 18, 2012
So, here's the trailer for Django Unchained. I think it's gonna be a nice movie. It should be out around Christmas period. It's actually gonna be one of the star-shudded movies of the year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUdM9vrCbow
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by TonySpike: 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2012
Still on Django. I love Jamie Foxx's character when he introduces himself, "Jango. The D is silent". It has got so many action scenes and cowboy setting.
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by vescucci(m): 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
I have a feeling it will fall short of what we're used to from QT but not by much, so it should still be a very good film. Jamie looks er tough
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by TonySpike: 10:29pm On Oct 20, 2012
vescucci: I have a feeling it will fall short of what we're used to from QT but not by much, so it should still be a very good film. Jamie looks er tough

I've only watched Tanrantino's Kill bill and Inglorious Basterds. I think they are quite nice productions. I also hope Django meets up...
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by tayoccu(m): 12:07pm On Oct 21, 2012
This is one of em days I wish I had a time machine, I really can't wait for these movies to premiere.
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by teeluv(m): 12:48am On Oct 23, 2012
looking to skyfall and the hobbit..

1 Like

Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by taioluv: 7:29am On Oct 23, 2012
lookin forward to watch skyfall the hobbit which is making me excited already by watching the trailer,the red dawn n twilght ending in dat order
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by TonySpike: 8:26am On Oct 23, 2012
By the way, Skyfall should hit the cinemas by Saturday in the UK, and perhaps, the US. As for Nigeria cinemas, I'm not sure when it's gonna hit the big screen, but the wait will surely be worth it. I'm very excited about The Hobbit actually.
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by TonySpike: 8:58pm On Oct 24, 2012
...SKYFALL will premiere at the cinemas by Friday/Saturday. The anticipation is high!
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by jrhymes(m): 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
Does Silverbird cenema has SKYFALL? I have had alot about it, and it's just time to watch it. cheesy
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by vanstanzy(m): 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
Tony Spike: ...SKYFALL will premiere at the cinemas by Friday/Saturday. The anticipation is high!

Like u said i hope Daniel Craig manages to smile like Pierce Brosnan or Roger Moore.
Noone wants to comment now, but just bring up a thread on Nollywood movies (drama) and u'll see nairaland commentators flood everywhere. Just try it, it works like magic. grin grin grin
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by dramenda(f): 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2012
i need to see the new Denzel Washinton movie,FLIGHT one nice movie to see,not in 9ja yet though.
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by Chima2012: 4:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
Tony Spike: These are my top six movies for the rest of 2012 for now. You are welcome to discuss your preference on this thread/topic. My money is on The Hobbits, I'm very certain it will break the box-office records in 2012 and beyond.

Thanks Tony. Indeed, with these movies, christmas just started. I think the Hobbit will do well in Box Office with excellent cinematography and effects (remember Lord of the Rings) but because 007 usually comes with a lot of media hype, it may rake more income. Lets wait and see.
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by MyneWhite1(f): 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2012
I just saw cloud Atlas last weekend, and anyone who can should see it.

Add Flight to the forthcoming movies too.
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2012
Got my full Cross-Hairs on SkyFall. cool

The Hobbit seems interesting (somewhat). undecided
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by Neddyogu(m): 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
as for me am waiting for "Greater Glory-the true story of the crisidas"
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by dridowu: 4:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
No 9ja movie, so am out
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
Skyfall wasnt that great.

It is a good action film but not a good bond film
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by courage89(m): 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
How i wish we can passionately talk about Nigerian movies in these manner
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2012
In as much as I hate Twilight, I gotta admit that trailer has got me considering going to see the movie.
Re: 6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) by Ekans: 4:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
Watch out for( Udeme Vs Ademumu),release date 10th Nov.Produced by Mr Ibu.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Highlights From Big Brother Naija (videos + Photos) / Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch / Jenifa's Diary Season 3 Full Episode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.