Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria (12184 Views)

How To Spot A Fake Samsung Charger In One Picture. / How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics / Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by djeezy(m): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2012
There will be high level of missing phones save you will sit close †̥̥o̲̣̥ the sun †̥̥o̲̣̥ watch over your phone.lol or maybe that's nt ♓☺W it works.
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Shinor(m): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2012
I am sad that this device though needed mostly in Africa particularly Nigeria, was not designed and manufactured by a Nigerian or indeed an African company. It points to the lazy attitude that has continued to plague Africa. Always seeking answers to internal problems from outside. NOKIA noticed we never have electricity so they designed this phone for us.
They noticed we always carry 2 0r 3 phones so they manufactured dual sim for us.
Another phone company manufactured a phone that also had torch light for us as we never have light.
Samsung just manufactured a fridge that will function better with our epileptic power supply
All these were done by foreign companies for a problem that is predominantly a unique to us.
When are we going to wake up Nigeria?
When will Nigerians start seeing opportunities instead of complaints?
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by eduson55(m): 11:44am On Oct 17, 2012
lets clap for ourselves..haha we don dey use solar cry
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by caesaraba(m): 11:51am On Oct 17, 2012
mkpologwu: There will be electricity all over d country within d next few months! So y bother with solar charger!

Bros!!! Over which country? 9ja? ROTFWL!!! My leg!!!!
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by benkings(m): 11:57am On Oct 17, 2012
mkpologwu: There will be electricity all over d country within d next few months! So y bother with solar charger!
bros wich of d dream u c dis 1?
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Preacherkid: 11:59am On Oct 17, 2012
Our government are not ashame,why didn't they use it in their country(overseas),because they know that africa,especially 9ja nor dey get light.
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by 360command: 12:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
benkings: bros wich of d dream u c dis 1?
the dream he saw nigeria having electricity in the whole country.believe the dream ok.
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by emyjones: 12:04pm On Oct 17, 2012
...........Nepa don make people get inspiration to create something for our nation........... grin
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by dukesmith(m): 12:05pm On Oct 17, 2012
berem: What of BlackBerry? Abi dem sef no go follow make solar charger? Ayam tired of carrying my charger about looking for where to charge my phone! angry
Add ♏ε sweety ℓ got solution for you need. :-)
20de9447 thatz my pin sHowdy.
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by AkinDavid2: 12:05pm On Oct 17, 2012
Shinor: I am sad that this device though needed mostly in Africa particularly Nigeria, was not designed and manufactured by a Nigerian or indeed an African company. It points to the lazy attitude that has continued to plague Africa. Always seeking answers to internal problems from outside. NOKIA noticed we never have electricity so they designed this phone for us.
They noticed we always carry 2 0r 3 phones so they manufactured dual sim for us.
Another phone company manufactured a phone that also had torch light for us as we never have light.
Samsung just manufactured a fridge that will function better with our epileptic power supply
All these were done by foreign companies for a problem that is predominantly a unique to us.

Well said but not a fact...Solar charger has been a project in some of our tertiary institutions but lack of Government support "cos is a black initiative didn't allow it to come through...but since this is from Nokia you will soon see it with our governors...Mtchewww!
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by sunnshyn(f): 12:16pm On Oct 17, 2012
Shinor: I am sad that this device though needed mostly in Africa particularly Nigeria, was not designed and manufactured by a Nigerian or indeed an African company. It points to the lazy attitude that has continued to plague Africa. Always seeking answers to internal problems from outside. NOKIA noticed we never have electricity so they designed this phone for us.

Oh hear him! You are also a Nigerian, what are you waiting for to lead a team for new innovations that would better the lives of Nigerians? You come on a forum designed by a man like you (Seun) to spew nonsense!

You'll continue to be sad, cos that change you so seek should begin with YOU!! Nigerians are tired of cheap talks...

@Topic,

Thank you ojare Nokia, now I can speak with my fam without anyone complaining that their battery would be flat soon...

1 Like

Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Techwriter: 12:19pm On Oct 17, 2012
Akin-David:

Well said but not a fact...Solar charger has been a project in some of our tertiary institutions but lack of Government support "cos is a black initiative didn't allow it to come through...but since this is from Nokia you will soon see it with our governors...Mtchewww!

Its not late- if its China, they will copy Nokia and do for other phones just by studying the technology used by Nokia. But here in Nigeria, we like to apportion blames
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by jimino(m): 12:27pm On Oct 17, 2012
Even nokia corporation want 2 take d advantage of government inability 2 give us constant power supply. May God help us
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by blogger2tooker: 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2012
berem: What of BlackBerry? Abi dem sef no go follow make solar charger? Ayam tired of carrying my charger about looking for where to charge my phone! angry

With about 6k u can get a 5volt solar Blackberry battery charger. Note: You can use even your household lighting to charge and not neccessarily sunlight. Contact me for details.

PIN: 322AC970
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by kpozite(m): 12:32pm On Oct 17, 2012
see everybody government and citizens alike singing praises for Nokia. when I wonder will the much anticipated development of Africa be? When Africans cannot sit and think of how to solve African problems. Third world till when
Thumbs up for Nokia sha
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2012
What are you waiting for bro, channel this energy to being innovative . Abi are you not African ?
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 12:54pm On Oct 17, 2012
I trust 9ija dem no dey carry last expecially ABA guys to produce d fake to b more dan d original.
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by NickPowell(m): 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2012
I will be glad to see it
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by KINGwax(m): 1:12pm On Oct 17, 2012
rafhell: great. so i should dump my iPhone for a Nokia. ??
mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by ochukoccna: 1:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
Very good assertion
Most of the above flow with what I thought too

kpozite: see everybody government and citizens alike singing praises for Nokia. when I wonder will the much anticipated development of Africa be? When Africans cannot sit and think of how to solve African problems. Third world till when
Thumbs up for Nokia sha
Shinor: When are we going to wake up Nigeria?
Its not Nigerians haven't woken up
Your question should be directed at Nigerian scientists and technologists cool cool
An above average technical knowledge is needed for such embarassed embarassed
There's something called R&grin who has a big brother called funding undecided undecided
You should know the solar charger is for emerging economies [not only Nigeria] which have power issues, India inclusive
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by mrkels(m): 1:17pm On Oct 17, 2012
[size=17pt]Saw this in onitsha before now, why are they saying its new? or is this a sponsored advert? saw it like 2 years ago and the guy selling it said it was 400 naira[/size]
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Asemo11(m): 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2012
rafhell: great. so i should dump my iPhone for a Nokia. ??
who ask you?
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by fittty(m): 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2012
Isn't this the same solar charger the chinese made years ago? undecided
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by calabaman(m): 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
U my bro are dreaming. WAKE UP!
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Super1759: 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2012
good one nokia, I trust our china guys
. Watch out! For the 3-in-1 charging port of solar energy charger
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by gidiMonsta(m): 1:56pm On Oct 17, 2012
Techwriter:

Secured Shopping: Check the security details of parktelOnline at sslshopper.com against other established ecommerce websites in Nigeria, you would be shocked only parktelonline keep reading SECURED

1 Like

Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by kennyblac(m): 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2012
Introduction... How much?, How many hours will it take to full a flat battery, what's d constraints.. We need a full specification about d solar charger not just introducing it cos we naija will always fall for new tech. It won't take china 3weeks to lunch their own techno with solar charger.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Mobile Phone Virus!!! / MTN Discontinues Free Night Calls (screen Shot) / Free Unlock Software For Nokia Lumia 635

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.