Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Are Africans Confused? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Africans Confused? (5358 Views)

Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? / Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse / Why Are Africans The Only People Who Does Not Worship A God How Looks Like Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 17, 2012
Please I will appreciate concrete your Opinion. I got this from someone Facebook Page and thought it wise we discuss on it.

Listen to Reason! Africans are the most confused race on this planet!

They will be anything other than themselves and that is like spitting on the God that created you.They will speak any language other than their own,they will wear any hair style other than their own,they will worship any God other than their own,they will go to any temple ot her than their own,they will wear any clothes other than their own.They simply hate themselves or were made to hate themselves,any which way they do hate themselves..

Wheather we want to admit it or not, religion has done major damage to black people..It has pacified us in the worse way and turn us against each other. Let it be remembered well!!

5 Likes

Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 17, 2012
Dont forget the muslims.

They worship Arab countries

-they force themselves to speak Arabic, so that they can fully understand the Quran. God doesnt speak any West African language
-they face a foreign country to pray
-they look up to clerics from the Arab world on TV and youtube
-they are ready to protest american and danish cartoons but calm over Boko haram

While the christian Africans worship the white Jesus. They praise Isreal. Some of them claim to be isrealites or part of the real isrealites.

Religion has enslaved our African/Nigerian brethren.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by italo: 9:37am On Oct 17, 2012
Africans are not the only confused people. The whole of humanity is confused.

All people speak languages other than their own. E.g the Jews spoke Greek.

All people wear styles other than their own. E.g White women go to surgery just to look curvy like African women.

God does not belong to one particular group of people.

All people go to temples other than their own. E.g Susanne Wenger, a 94 year old Austrian is the High Priestess of the river god Osun, in Nigeria.

All people wear clothes that are not their own. I've recently seen Lady Gaga appear in an outfit like that of Muslim women from the middle east.

And all these have little to do with religion. You're just looking for a feeble reason to bash religion.

If people are going to war because of their differences, you blame religion. If people are copying and embracing these differences, you blame religion.

Try harder next time though.

1 Like

Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 17, 2012
italo: Africans are not the only confused people. The whole of humanity is confused.

You are half right here. Anayone can be confused. However, the point is that black Africans are the most confused

italo:

Yes, but did Jews believe that a foreign language is "God's Language" like the Nigerian/West African muslims do?

italo:
All people wear styles other than their own. E.g White women go to surgery just to look curvy like African women.

I never mention materialistic clothing. Very trivial straw man

italo:

The christian God has chosen people- Jews.

The muslim god has chosen people- Arabs

italo:
All people go to temples other than their own. E.g Susanne Wenger, a 94 year old Austrian is the High Priestess of the river god Osun, in Nigeria.

At what rate? Nigeria is about 40% muslim and 40% christian.

Do Brtish/Americans people follow your African religions or Asian religions at anything close to that rate? No!They are mostly either cultural christians or unbelivers.

Do japanese people follow,African or European religions at that rate? No! they are mostly cultural Bhuddist/shintoists or unbelivers

italo:
All people wear clothes that are not their own. I've recently seen Lady Gaga appear in an outfit like that of Muslim women from the middle east.

She was trolling, dumbazz.

I never mentioned clothes

italo:
And all these have little to do with religion. You're just looking for a feeble reason to bash religion.

They have a lot to do with religion

-Why are your popes mostly European nowadays?
-Why did God have a chosen people?
-Why do christian or worse, catholic churches in Nigeria have a white jesus? Three biggest catholic churches in lagos have white European Jesus
-Why do Nigerian muslims go on pilgrimage to Mecca when their country's tourism is dead?
-Why do we take other people's god and forget our african gods?

italo:
If people are going to war because of their differences, you blame religion. If people are copying and embracing these differences, you blame religion.

Shut up. Religion is to blame for many things as I have pointed out

italo:

Fail harder next time!
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 17, 2012
Are Africans Confused?

No, most are just delusinal and ill educated.

1 Like

Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2012
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Horus(m): 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2012
Black people of the world, we need to rid ourselves of this pale white hippie image that has clouded our memory of who and what we are.
When you see these images and statues in the homes of friends and family, kindly ask them to remove it. You are not asking them to rid their beliefs, but rid themselves of the false images and race propaganda set against us as a people

3 Likes

Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 17, 2012
Horus: Black people of the world, we need to rid ourselves of this pale white hippie image that has clouded our memory of who and what we are.
When you see these images and statues in the homes of friends and family, kindly ask them to remove it. You are not asking them to rid their beliefs, but rid themselves of the false images and race propaganda set against us as a people

word!
Re: Are Africans Confused? by plaetton: 1:56pm On Oct 17, 2012
italo: Africans are not the only confused people. The whole of humanity is confused.

You see what We mean?. Despite how truthful and touching the Op's piece is, we have here a defender of the faith, a victim of Stolkholms syndrome quickly coming to defend , by infantile logic, what is truly indefensible.

2 Likes

Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 17, 2012
plaetton:

You see what We mean?. Despite how truthful and touching the Op's piece is, we have here a defender of the faith, a victim of Stolkholms syndrome quickly coming to defend , by infantile logic, what is truly indefensible.

It is sad how many Nigerians are like this! They will defend religion without even looking at what the op's message

1 Like

Re: Are Africans Confused? by cyrexx: 4:35pm On Oct 17, 2012
Many African citizens are still under colonialism - our minds are still colonised the white supremacists. That is why sheeps like italo will do anything to defend his white master' god and say nothing about his own African Gods.

If your body is enslaved, you can hopefully struggle to free you yourself from the slavery if there is chance.

But if your mind is enslaved, you will do everything do prevent your freedom and justify your slavery despite your opportunity for freedom.

Thats our problem in Africa. The white supremacists have done an excellent job of enslaving our minds. The rest is a piece of cake for them in controlling us

1 Like

Re: Are Africans Confused? by italo: 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2012
Martian: Are Africans Confused?

No, most are just delusinal and ill educated.

Largely, every race in the world is delusional ill educated.of course Africans have peculiar problems, but so does every other race.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by plaetton: 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2012
italo:

Largely, every race in the world is delusional ill educated.of course Africans have peculiar problems, but so does every other race.

OMG!
I guess if every race is confused and have peculiar problems as Africans, then what's the need of complaining, right?
lets all say "all is well" and play ostrich, right?.

Its like justifying failure by simply claiming that you are not the only one that failed.
Its like a thief shouting " I am innocent because we are many, sir". angry shocked
He he he. Big lol
Re: Are Africans Confused? by italo: 5:12pm On Oct 17, 2012
Horus: Black people of the world, we need to rid ourselves of this pale white hippie image that has clouded our memory of who and what we are.

As a Catholic, what do these images mean to me? It just brings my heart to God by meditating on his Son or Saint (as the case may be) when I look at the image. It in no way indicates that the race(s) of those Saints is/are superior to mine, rather it tells me that all humans of all races are God's children and are eligible to enjoy his grace if they make themselves available. Why should I get rid of them? No good reason!

If I may ask. Who and what are we?

My answer - God's children. Yours?
Re: Are Africans Confused? by italo: 5:18pm On Oct 17, 2012
plaetton:

What am i defending that is indefensible. You want me to just accept anything as "indefensible" just because you say so? I should accept anything as truthful only because you say so? Any opinion other than yours is not tenable?
Re: Are Africans Confused? by plaetton: 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2012
italo:

As a Catholic, what do these images mean to me? It just brings my heart to God by meditating on his Son or Saint (as the case may be) when I look at the image. It in no way indicates that the race(s) of those Saints is/are superior to mine, rather it tells me that all humans of all races are God's children and are eligible to enjoy his grace if they make themselves available. Why should I get rid of them? No good reason!

If I may ask. Who and what are we?

My answer - God's children. Yours?

Yeah yea yeah. I can see you meditating on a picture or image of dark skinned man with dreadlocks and native attire.
B.S.
And what make you think that the native carvings and images of our ancestors were not depictions of the African saints of this same one God of humanity?
What makes the white man's version of divinity more truthful or superior to those of your ancestors?
Re: Are Africans Confused? by italo: 5:22pm On Oct 17, 2012
cyrexx: Many African citizens are still under colonialism - our minds are still colonised the white supremacists. That is why sheeps like italo will do anything to defend his white master' god and say nothing about his own African Gods.

If your body is enslaved, you can hopefully struggle to free you yourself from the slavery if there is chance.

But if your mind is enslaved, you will do everything do prevent your freedom and justify your slavery despite your opportunity for freedom.

Thats our problem in Africa. The white supremacists have done an excellent job of enslaving our minds. The rest is a piece of cake for them in controlling us

What have I said that warrants the rudeness?

Only because I differ with you?
Re: Are Africans Confused? by plaetton: 5:26pm On Oct 17, 2012
italo:

What am i defending that is indefensible. You want me to just accept anything as "indefensible" just because you say so? I should accept anything as truthful only because you say so? Any opinion other than yours is not tenable?

The Op made points that were very touching.
I am sure you were touched, even moved to do what was natural to you. You came with your kindergarden logic,obviously in a bid to defend and justify your hostage situation.

Everyone is free with an opinion, but when you offer the rediculous as an opinion, I think I am allowed to tell you so.

1 Like

Re: Are Africans Confused? by italo: 5:27pm On Oct 17, 2012
plaetton:

OMG!
I guess if every race is confused and have peculiar problems as Africans, then what's the need of complaining, right?
lets all say "all is well" and play ostrich, right?.
That is not what I think, nor is it what I am saying.

plaetton:
Its like justifying failure by simply claiming that you are not the only one that failed.
Its like a thief shouting " I am innocent because we are many, sir". angry shocked
He he he. Big lol

You have built an argument on my behalf, knocked it down by yourself and given a BIG LOL to yourself.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by italo: 5:44pm On Oct 17, 2012
plaetton:

The Op made points that were very touching.
I am sure you were touched, even moved to do what was natural to you. You came with your kindergarden logic,obviously in a bid to defend and justify your hostage situation.

Everyone is free with an opinion, but when you offer the rediculous as an opinion, I think I am allowed to tell you so.

...And I think I am allowed to tell you that something is not "ridiculous" only because you say so, or because it is contrary to your opinion.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Horus(m): 5:51pm On Oct 17, 2012
cyrexx: Many African citizens are still under colonialism - our minds are still colonised the white supremacists. That is why sheeps like italo will do anything to defend his white master' god and say nothing about his own African Gods.

Accepting an imported Alien Religion has killed our peoples minds!. The Black/African does not know the consequences of accepting AN ALIEN RELIGION. If a Black/African accepts Judaism and Christianity as his religion, he has accepted the Caucasian as his visible God. The same with Islam, if a Black/African person accepts Al Islam and its many branches as there religion, then it accepts the Desert Arab as his God. That person cannot have power over, or be equal to the Caucasian, or Arab because here, the Caucasian and the Arab has been accepted as the superior power, and this is why trying to obtain liberty and equality in Caucasian or Arab religion or any alien religion is a CRUEL HOAX! If you look at all of the so called Holy Books that our people are into, they all portray the image of someone other than self. There is not a face of Black/African people of any of these imported religions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2012
italo:

This is not about those other people but Africans. If data is collected about education and the resultant progress it affords, I am sure that Africa will be dead last. Africa and the black diaspora's "peculiar" problem is the dearth of useful knowledge in the societies.Instead, we are inundated with images, sounds and rhetoric of primitive middle eastern superstitions and the fatalistic attitudes they promote.

This overt and excessive religiosity coupled with sub par governmental/societal instituitons and policies, don't afford for a conducive environment for the proliferation of the useful knowledge that humans need at this point in time.
On this site, all these religious people have a problem with evolution and they will rather believe that some jewish magician created two original humans from clay. Of what use is the belief in Adam and Eve in the 21st century?
If the knowledge of the theory of evolution is widespread in the society, people will get interested the subject, which will lead to a better educated society. This in turn could lead to scientific advancements and a disease like malaria could be cured. That same knowledge of evolution could lead to better agricultural techniques better suited to the african clime. Better agriculture means better food, better food means a better nourished population etc etc

But people will rather fight this knowledge. Why?
Because the bible (some primitive and ignorant jews)said so.....and "Daddy G.O said....."

............f#ck it, let me get off my soap box.

2 Likes

Re: Are Africans Confused? by italo: 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2012
plaetton:

Yeah yea yeah. I can see you meditating on a picture or image of dark skinned man with dreadlocks and native attire.
B.S.
And what make you think that the native carvings and images of our ancestors were not depictions of the African saints of this same one God of humanity?

What makes you think that they are?

plaetton:
What makes the white man's version of divinity more truthful or superior to those of your ancestors?

What makes Atheism more truthful or superior to you than your ancestors' version of the story of the universe, its creator (or lack of it), spirituality (or lack of it) etc. It seems like you are also in mental slavery.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by plaetton: 6:07pm On Oct 17, 2012
italo:

What makes you think that they are?

What makes Atheism more truthful or superior to you than your ancestors' version of the story of the universe, its creator (or lack of it), spirituality (or lack of it) etc. It seems like you are also in mental slavery.

I perfectly understand where my ancestors were comming from. I understand the [b]philosophical underpinnings [/b]that shaped and moulded our ancestral traditions and religions. I respect them.
I cannot suscribe to them now because we now understand much more about the universe. The universe is much more complex and much more dynamic than my ancestors and the ancient hebrew ever imagined.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by cyrexx: 6:08pm On Oct 17, 2012
italo:

What have I said that warrants the rudeness?

Only because I differ with you?

My apologies.

I'm just trying to drive home my point, i dont mean to be rude to you. Sorry.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 17, 2012
Lol......I dont blame many christians for avoiding this thread.

Italo has been Intellectually hammered from all angles
Re: Are Africans Confused? by italo: 7:18am On Oct 18, 2012
Horus:

Accepting an imported Alien Religion has killed our peoples minds!. The Black/African does not know the consequences of accepting AN ALIEN RELIGION. If a Black/African accepts Judaism and Christianity as his religion, he has accepted the Caucasian as his visible God. The same with Islam, if a Black/African person accepts Al Islam and its many branches as there religion, then it accepts the Desert Arab as his God. That person cannot have power over, or be equal to the Caucasian, or Arab because here, the Caucasian and the Arab has been accepted as the superior power, and this is why trying to obtain liberty and equality in Caucasian or Arab religion or any alien religion is a CRUEL HOAX! If you look at all of the so called Holy Books that our people are into, they all portray the image of someone other than self. There is not a face of Black/African people of any of these imported religions.

Well, I think in issues like this I can only speak accurately about MY religion. Being a Christian in no way indicates that those who 'brought' Christianity to us are superior. If anything, it emphasizes our equality. Talking specifically about Catholicism, Europeans evangelized Africa. They brought the religion, they brought Priests, the taught us the faith and built Churches etc. But now that Europeans are ever more secular and Atheistic, we are having to send priests from Africa to Europe to nourish them in the faith and keep the Church going. Many of the priests I see in Europe are Africans, especially Nigerians. Does that mean in anyway that we are now superior? No. Catholicism has taught me that every human being is my brother or sister because we are children of the same God and we are equal before him (even though we share a special and stronger bond with our fellow Catholic across every race and country in the world). When I see a Priest for example, I don't qualify him as white or black. The important qualification is that he is a Priest of God, representing Christ the Son. I think this idea that we might feel inferior can only come from someone who is outside the faith, like you. Not someone who's in it. Its your problem, not ours.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 18, 2012
italo:

Well, I think in issues like this I can only speak accurately about MY religion. Being a Christian in no way indicates that those who 'brought' Christianity to us are superior. If anything, it emphasizes our equality. Talking specifically about Catholicism, Europeans evangelized Africa. They brought the religion, they brought Priests, the taught us the faith and built Churches etc. But now that Europeans are ever more secular and Atheistic, we are having to send priests from Africa to Europe to nourish them in the faith and keep the Church going. Many of the priests I see in Europe are Africans, especially Nigerians. Does that mean in anyway that we are now superior? No. Catholicism has taught me that every human being is my brother or sister because we are children of the same God and we are equal before him (even though we share a special and stronger bond with our fellow Catholic across every race and country in the world). When I see a Priest for example, I don't qualify him as white or black. The important qualification is that he is a Priest of God, representing Christ the Son. I think this idea that we might feel inferior can only come from someone who is outside the faith, like you. Not someone who's in it. Its your problem, not ours.

Have you ever been to Europe before or America, because you are lying?

The catholic priests are mostly white Europeans or even in america, the catholic priests are normally italian, Irish or white. Why is the mass in latin? A freaking dead language? Even if ithe mass is said in english, we still have latin terms for some items in the mass. When did we see an African pope?

Even in the bible, we are forced to accept Jewish customs and that the jews are chosen people. How you are blind to this blatant racism and mental slavery is not surprising. There are people who see evidence but would love to remain shackled by ignorance. I was blind but when I read about African history, I freed myself unto the light.

As a mental slave, you cant even see what is wrong with your argument. You said the the Europeans evangelized Africa. Is that a good thing? Bringing your own religion on others. Did we accept the religion with open hands or we were forced to accept their religion due to colonization. Where in this world have you seen that a foreign religion has been accepted over a local one peacefully? Where?
Re: Are Africans Confused? by italo: 8:06am On Oct 18, 2012
Martian:
This is not about those other people but Africans. If data is collected about education and the resultant progress it affords, I am sure that Africa will be dead last. Africa and the black diaspora's "peculiar" problem is the dearth of useful knowledge in the societies.

This isn't what the OP - or I - was arguing against.
Martian:
Instead, we are inundated with images, sounds and rhetoric of primitive middle eastern superstitions and the fatalistic attitudes they promote.

Sorry, but my religion doesn't fall into that category. And I can only speak accurately about MINE.
Martian:
This overt and excessive religiosity coupled with sub par governmental/societal instituitons and policies, don't afford for a conducive environment for the proliferation of the useful knowledge that humans need at this point in time.

I'd rather say "false and superficial religiousity." That's our problem, not true religion, I think. The same person who hears "love your neighbour as yourself" on Sunday morning will embezzle money meant for 160million people on monday morning. Europeans achieved so much progress with religion as the bedrock of their societies. E.g the current university system of education was invented by the Catholic Church. The first person that proposed what would become the big bang theory was even a Catholic priest. The great USA that we know today was built based on essentially Judeo-Christian principles.[/quote]

Martian: On this site, all these religious people have a problem with evolution and they will rather believe that some jewish magician created two original humans from clay. Of what use is the belief in Adam and Eve in the 21st century?
If the knowledge of the theory of evolution is widespread in the society, people will get interested the subject, which will lead to a better educated society. This in turn could lead to scientific advancements and a disease like malaria could be cured. That same knowledge of evolution could lead to better agricultural techniques better suited to the african clime. Better agriculture means better food, better food means a better nourished population etc etc

But people will rather fight this knowledge. Why?
Because the bible (some primitive and ignorant jews)said so.....and "Daddy G.O said....."

............f#ck it, let me get off my soap box.

My brother, I understand your concern, even though your accessment of all religions is inadequate. Let me put this straight: my Catholic faith is neither against evolution nor all the things you have mentioned above. The problem is that you don't know...and those businessmen who have perverted Christianity don't know. Evolution doesn't necessarily contradict my Catholic faith or the creation story in the Bible. We believe that faith and reason don't contradict each other. Only, you and many others DON'T know this.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by italo: 8:13am On Oct 18, 2012
plaetton:

I perfectly understand where my ancestors were comming from. I understand the [b]philosophical underpinnings [/b]that shaped and moulded our ancestral traditions and religions. I respect them.
I cannot suscribe to them now because we now understand much more about the universe. The universe is much more complex and much more dynamic than my ancestors and the ancient hebrew ever imagined.

Funny enough, pretty much the same goes for me.

I perfectly understand where my ancestors were comming from. I understand the philosophical and SPIRITUAL underpinnings that shaped and moulded our ancestral traditions and religions. I respect them.
I cannot suscribe to them now because we now understand much more about the universe and its creator - GOD. The universe and GOD are much bigger than my ancestors ever imagined and much more universal than the ancient hebrew ever imagined.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by italo: 8:16am On Oct 18, 2012
cyrexx:
My apologies.

I'm just trying to drive home my point, i dont mean to be rude to you. Sorry.

It's okay. We all get too emotional sometimes.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by italo: 8:32am On Oct 18, 2012
@ logicboy,

I don't mean to be rude, but permit me to keep avoiding any direct conversation with you. Experience has taught me that nothing good or worthwhile comes out of it. Very little logic, reasoning, decency and maturity; but much of insults, vulgarity and misplaced exuberance.

...And I hope that you will prove me right very quickly.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Interview With Aisha Uzoechina (pastor's Daughter Who Converted To Islam) / "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us / An Angel Spot At Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.