Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,236 members, 7,839,248 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Are Africans Confused? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Africans Confused? (5372 Views)

Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? / Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse / Why Are Africans The Only People Who Does Not Worship A God How Looks Like Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Africans Confused? by truthislight: 7:40am On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

hahah

The bible just keeps on giving!!

The more you read the more errors you find!!!

is the moon the only rock in our solar system?

What about the other planet?
(i bet their rock light reflector is not bright enough or they are not place to let light)

If you have a car, i suppose your car, the headlamp: ("bulb and reflector"wink are not call as a package "headlamp" though it is basically a reflector reflecting the light rays from the bulbs.

Maybe you could not learn that from observing other cars headlamp.

But your infantile brain that reason as a one way traffic cant consider that a reflector can be called/considered as a light source.

Though the bulb in the headlamp is shielded from glaring out.

Your infantile brain cannot consider all tangent in an issue under consideration.

Anyhow, i appreciation your dilema, its due to your inexperience, you and your likes have never had a job befor/work experience to help you appreciate nature's Designs and how stuff works and most especially give you the desired experience in life.

That ^^^ will give you knowledge that will curtail your excesses and exuberance that will make you a more well rounded individual in life.

Peace though, while you keep developing.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by truthislight: 7:50am On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Yes, like God creating two lights when there is only one? Genesis1:16 God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also.

The moon is not a light. It is made of rock. Someone who was inspired or told by God these things; as is said about the writers of the Holy Bible would know that right? For God knows all.

Or a flat earth mentality?

"Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding." - Job 38:4

"Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;" - Job 38:6

Or the lie that women came from a man's ribs? Or that we were created from scratch rather than evolve from other life forms?

common sens is not common with you.

There are things that i considered worthy of my time and not this, but for your "like" plaeton, that makes me wonder if it runs in the "family".

Anyway, i believe you are aged mates still taking it knowledge as such i will forgive your ignorance,

(use wiki, thats your brain)

(i bet their rock light reflector is not bright enough or they are not place to let light reach the earth)

If you have a car, i suppose your car, the headlamp: "bulb and reflector" are not call as a package "headlamp" though it is basically a reflector reflecting the light rays from the bulbs.

But your infantile brain that reason as a one way traffic cant consider that a reflector can be called/considered as a light source.

Your infantile brain cannot consider all tangent in an issue under consideration.

Anyhow, i appreciation your dilema, its due to your inexperience, you and your likes have never had a job befor/work experience to help you appreciate nature's Designs and how stuff works and most especially give you the desired experience in life.

That ^^^ will give you knowledge that will curtail your excesses and exuberance that make will you a more well rounded individual in life.

(i bet their rock light reflector is not bright enough or they are not place to elect light)

If you have a car, i suppose your car, the headlamp: "bulb and reflector" are not call as a package "headlamp" though it is basically a reflector reflecting the light rays from the bulbs.

That ^^^ will give you knowledge that will curtail your excesses and exuberance that will make you a more well rounded individual in life.

Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 20, 2012
truthislight:

(i bet their rock light reflector is not bright enough or they are not place to let light)

If you have a car, i suppose your car, the headlamp: ("bulb and reflector"wink are not call as a package "headlamp" though it is basically a reflector reflecting the light rays from the bulbs.

That ^^^ will give you knowledge that will curtail your excesses and exuberance that make will you a more well rounded individual in life.

You are quite foolish.

A reflector is only a reflector and never a light.

When the bulb dies, dont you say that the headlamp is gone?
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 20, 2012
truthislight:

common sens is not common with you.

There are things that i considered worthy of my time and not this, but for your "like" plaeton, that makes me wonder if it runs in the "family".

Anyway, i believe you are aged mates still taking it knowledge as such i will forgive your ignorance,

(use wiki, thats your brain)

(i bet their rock light reflector is not bright enough or they are not place to let light reach the earth)

(i bet their rock light reflector is not bright enough or they are not place to elect light)

Very foolish epistle of a rationalization.

A reflector is not a light.

Try again
Re: Are Africans Confused? by plaetton: 8:45am On Oct 20, 2012
truthislight:

There is only one source of light in our solar system, the sun. Every other light is a refelection. To say that god created two lights is something that only a primitive mind could have concieved simply beciuase they could not have known that the moon was only reflecting the sun's light.
To say that god created two lights is blatantly false.
I cannot blame the primitive minds that believed god create two lights,no,rather, I blame the 21st century mind that still clings on to such primitive beliefs as belligerant idiocy.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by F00028: 8:46am On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:
Buddhism is an atheistic religion. Many Buddhists follow only the teaching of Buddha. Funny how you mention "some" branches because you know that most Buddhists are in fact atheistic.

you said "some" not I

Logicboy03: Furthermore, my granny was an atheist/agnostic who didnt believe in her pagan tradition.
look! make up your mind. was the poor woman atheist or agnostic

Logicboy03: My tribe has had people who didnt suscribe to the oracle and left the village.
Then there are tales of Benin Obas who went aainst the oracle.

"tales" ? really, "tales"?? ...by moon light

Logicboy03: You are very ignorant. Please go an read about
the piraha tribe in brazil that has harldy had
contact with the outside world, yet they have
been atheists for centuries.

sigh...more strawmen

the piraha:
"They require evidence for every claim you make. They aren't interested in things if they don't know the history behind them..."

"However, they do believe in spirits..."

"Everett reported one incident where the Pirahã said that “Xigagaí, one of the beings that lives above the clouds, was standing on a beach yelling at us, telling us that he would kill us if we go into the jungle.”

THESE ARE ATHEISTS
Re: Are Africans Confused? by truthislight: 9:26am On Oct 20, 2012
plaetton:

There is only one source of light in our solar system, the sun. Every other light is a refelection. To say that god created two lights is something that only a primitive mind could have concieved simply beciuase they could not have known that the moon was only reflecting the sun's light.
To say that god created two lights is blatantly false.
I cannot blame the primitive minds that believed god create two lights,no,rather, I blame the 21st century mind that still clings on to such primitive beliefs as belligerant idiocy.

i only blame you and the 21c scientist that refered to a car headlamp shiny reflector as headlamp, maybe their 21c knowledge of what a lamp/light source is skewed.

When next you see a great designer just give him the respect s(he) deserves even though your mind cannot relate with the obvious.

A good designer makes designing look very easy.

When you guys start gaining the much desired life experiences/knowledge you will then start having the capacities to appreciate the design technics/complexities in nature.

Untill then, it will be good for your reputation to stop exposing your ignorance.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 20, 2012
truthislight:

i only blame you and the 21c scientist that refered to a car headlamp shiny reflector as headlamp, maybe their 21c knowledge of what a lamp/light source is skewed.

When next you see a great designer just give him the respect s(he) deserves even though your mind cannot relate with the obvious.

A good designer makes designing look very easy.

When you guys start gaining the much desired life experiences/knowledge you will then start having the capacities to appreciate the design technics/complexities in nature.

Untill then, it will be good for your reputation to stop exposing your ignorance.

See the lies?

A headlamp is a headlamp!

A headlamp with a reflector is called a reflector headlamp or reflector lamp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamp#Reflector_lamps

A reflector has never been reffered to as a light! Never in the modern day science.

Keep lying for the bible!
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 20, 2012
F00028:
you said "some" not I

look! make up your mind. was the poor woman atheist or agnostic

"tales" ? really, "tales"?? ...by moon light

sigh...more strawmen

the piraha:
"They require evidence for every claim you make. They aren't interested in things if they don't know the history behind them..."

"However, they do believe in spirits..."

"Everett reported one incident where the Pirahã said that “Xigagaí, one of the beings that lives above the clouds, was standing on a beach yelling at us, telling us that he would kill us if we go into the jungle.”

THESE ARE ATHEISTS

1) Tales are the main source of Benin/African history and also the main source of the Quran. The Quran was oral for many years before it was put to writing. Same as the tales of the Obas.

2) My village example is quite clear! My granny was an atheist/agnostic. She never believed in the paganism of the village. Neither did some who where excommunicated.

3) Every atheist is an agnostic. I know that you are ignorant about this, so I wouldnt hold it against you.

4) Thanks for quoting out of context! The Piraha tribe are in fact Atheists!

According to Everett, the Pirahã have no concept of a supreme spirit or god[11] and they lost interest in Jesus when they discovered that Everett had never seen him. They require evidence based on personal experience for every claim made. [5] However, they do believe in spirits that can sometimes take on the shape of things in the environment. These spirits can be jaguars, trees, or other visible, tangible things including people.[12] Everett reported one incident where the Pirahã said that “Xigagaí, one of the beings that lives above the clouds, was standing on a beach yelling at us, telling us that he would kill us if we go into the jungle.” Everett and his daughter could see nothing and yet the Pirahã insisted that Xigagaí was still on the beach.[13]

Atheism- disbelief in a god.

Furthermore, they call their animals spirits. Their spirits are tangible. /this is not the same as a djinn or conventional spirit

Xigagai could have been a bird or a helicopter.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by truthislight: 11:34am On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

See the lies?

A headlamp is a headlamp!

A headlamp with a reflector is called a reflector headlamp or reflector lamp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamp#Reflector_lamps

A reflector has never been reffered to as a light! Never in the modern day science.

Keep lying for the bible!

ok i see,
then you can drive at night without it.

Lol.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 20, 2012
truthislight:

ok i see,
then you can drive at night without it.

Lol.

You jest keep entering a deeper hole!

A reflect is not a light.

The moon is not a light.

Yaweh fails
Re: Are Africans Confused? by truthislight: 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

You jest keep entering a deeper hole!

A reflect is not a light.

The moon is not a light.

Yaweh fails

just like an headlamp is not a light but a reflector but you see the rays from it and calls it light.

is it possible that all surfaces can serve as a good reflector?

Is it by co-incidence that we have the moon having a surface that can reflect the sun so efficiently that it illuminaty the night skies on planet earth that has life?

Why not use a black object to reflect light and see how well you will do?

So, all the rocks that you have seen are all having effective reflective surfaces?

My illogickid, i will design a head lamp for you using black, yellow, brown, blue, and red rocks for you to come and buy and put in your yet to be bought car, and if you complain that the headlamp made of rock is not bright enough for your night driving, if you do, at that point, well, your wisdom here will be plain illo............
Nonsense.

You seem to be extremely naive considering the things you take as mere chances in nature.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2012
truthislight:

just like an headlamp is not a light but a reflector but you see the rays from it and calls it light.

is it possible that all surfaces can serve as a good reflector?

Is it by co-incidence that we have the moon having a surface that can reflect the sun so efficiently that it illuminaty the night skies on planet earth that has life?

Why not use a black object to reflect light and see how well you will do?

So, all the rocks that you have seen are all having effective reflective surfaces?

My illogickid, i will design a head lamp for you using black, yellow, brown, blue, and red rocks for you to come and buy and put in your yet to be bought car, and if you complain that the headlamp made of rock is not bright enough for your night driving, if you do, at that point, well, your wisdom here will be plain illo............
Nonsense.

You seem to be extremely naive considering the things you take as mere chances in nature.

A headlamp doesnt have a reflector. Ode

A reflector headlamp has a reflector inbuilt in it.

A reflector is not a light. Your copy and paste argument from a christian apologist site fails!
Re: Are Africans Confused? by F00028: 8:05pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:
1) Tales are... the main source of the Quran...
F A L S E! but am always open to proof.

Logicboy03: 2) My village example is quite clear! My granny was an atheist/agnostic.

make up your mind was she atheist or agnostic?

Logicboy03: 3) Every atheist is an agnostic. I know that you are ignorant about this, so I wouldnt hold it against you.

you people claim one can be both but an atheist negates the existence of God, an agnostic has no opinion on the matter 'cos he doesn't know for sure.

if you say every atheist is an agnostic it means you guys go around hollering there's no God! but you really dont know for sure whether He exists or not shocked

Logicboy03: Furthermore, they call their animals spirits. Their spirits are tangible.

SAY WHAT?! you should read and understand stuff before you cite it. their spirits are not tangible, they can take tangible form:
"However, they do believe in spirits that can sometimes take on the shape of things in the environment."

Logicboy03: Xigagai could have been a bird or a helicopter.

“Xigagaí, one of the beings that lives above the clouds, was standing on a beach yelling at us, telling us that he would kill us if we go into the jungle.” Everett and his daughter could see nothing and yet the Pirahã insisted that Xigagaí was still on the beach.

that sounds like a chopper to you? undecided
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2012
F00028:
F A L S E! but am always open to proof.

make up your mind was she atheist or agnostic?

you people claim one can be both but an atheist negates the existence of God, an agnostic has no opinion on the matter 'cos he doesn't know for sure.

if you say every atheist is an agnostic it means you guys go around hollering there's no God! but you really dont know for sure whether He exists or not shocked

SAY WHAT?! you should read and understand stuff before you cite it. their spirits are not tangible, they can take tangible form:
"However, they do believe in spirits that can sometimes take on the shape of things in the environment."

“Xigagaí, one of the beings that lives above the clouds, was standing on a beach yelling at us, telling us that he would kill us if we go into the jungle.” Everett and his daughter could see nothing and yet the Pirahã insisted that Xigagaí was still on the beach.

that sounds like a chopper to you? undecided

Muhammad told the tale of the Quran. At the end of the day, you Quran was the tale of an Arab man who was informed in a cave.

Every atheist is an agnistic becausenyou can not prove that all god dont exist to a hundred percent certainty. Atheism/agnosticism is a continuum on a scale.

The piraha tribe only believe in what they can see. Their "spirits" are tangible. They dont believe in god, end of story.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by plappville(f): 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Just admit it, you like my arguments grin grin grin

I just find it hard to accept that anyone that knows the full history of Nigeria/West Africa can still be a christian or a muslim after what these religion did to us. How can you accept a religion that regulated the slavery of your race if you are not a mental slave?

My bro..religion did not slave us, you should be talking about stupidity. Are we the only race that accepted Christianity?
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 20, 2012
plappville:

My bro..religion did not slave us, you should be talking about stupidity. Are we the only race that accepted Christianity?

Christianity did not enslave us? Can you google "christianity and the transatlantic slave trade" and get back to me?
Re: Are Africans Confused? by truthislight: 10:31pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

A headlamp doesnt have a reflector. Ode

A reflector headlamp has a reflector inbuilt in it.

A reflector is not a light. Your copy and paste argument from a christian apologist site fails!

well, i think i am through with this kid.

He is not fit for the issue or even competent to counter the bible cause he is not even grounded on basic of things/designs.

If you are 30yrs old you need about 15 more years of seriouse learning or more to even start.

Sorry mate.

I got over your web issues many many years back.

All you get from me is from what i had confirm befor now while i was still curious.
I need no such thing as a web aid to point to you the accuracy of the scriptures.
Ciao.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2012
truthislight:

well, i think i am through with this kid.

He is not fit for the issue or even competent to counter the bible cause he is not even grounded on basic of things/designs.

If you are 30yrs old you need about 15 more years of seriouse learning or more to even start.

Sorry mate.

I got over your web issues many many years back.

All you get from me is from what i had confirm befor now while i was still curious.
I need no such thing as a web aid to point to you the accuracy of the scriptures.
Ciao.

30 years old?

I no old reach that one, bros!

Guy no vex, at the end of the day we could be friends in real life! grin grin grin
Re: Are Africans Confused? by F00028: 9:28am On Oct 21, 2012
@logicboy03
if Muslims are violent because of the Qur'an as you alluded above, why is it that your foreign atheists masters' regimes have killed of an estimated 40 million to 200 million in just the last 100 years?
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 21, 2012
F00028: @logicboy03
if Muslims are violent because of the Qur'an as you alluded above, why is it that your foreign atheists masters' regimes have killed of an estimated 40 million to 200 million in just the last 100 years?

lies
Re: Are Africans Confused? by F00028: 10:25am On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:
lies

that's it?!
come on, you're logic...boy03.

here, for starters, google this:
stalin, atheist, mass murderer, russia

mao, atheist, mass murderer, china

pol pot, atheist, mass murderer, cambodia
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Luul(f): 10:43am On Oct 21, 2012
Am Somali and am muslim. And am not confused. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 21, 2012

grin [size=20pt]Hahahahahhahahhaaa!!!![/size] grin
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Luul(f): 11:21am On Oct 21, 2012
~Royal~:

grin [size=20pt]Hahahahahhahahhaaa!!!![/size] grin

i will never understand you adoons.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by IYuckMoufI: 11:24am On Oct 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ieBfHYungA

Mwuahaahhaahahah Go home and Raise ya Kids Biitch!
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Luul(f): 11:30am On Oct 21, 2012
I-YuckMouf-I:

Ha Tell me about it......You Negroids and you Hybrid Horn Niqqers are truly a Lost Bunch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0RJ1nCvn1Q

I-YuckMouf-I:
^Look at that nasty somali biitch thinking she was gonna get "support" from her Arab Masters...

Dumb Somali Biitch!! Mwuahahahaha

I DONT KNOW YOU. AND I DONT TALK TO MONKIES. SO F OFF
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Luul(f): 11:33am On Oct 21, 2012
I-YuckMouf-I:
Allah don't give a fuuckk about that Black NASTY Biitch!!

Hahahahahahahahahahah

[size=15pt]HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH[/size]

[size=19pt]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Go Home Biitch!!!

{{{Mwuahahahahahahaha}}}[/size]

am going to assume this is the outcast of the nairaland community.
your lucky am a lady, but like i said dont conversate with me. Leave me alone for i dont conversate with adoons

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense / Black Man,emancipate Yourself From Mental Slavery / My Visit To Leader O. O. Obu By Dr. Bazie Of India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.