Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating (17747 Views)

I Joined Robbery Gang To Raise Money For My Girlfriend’s Birthday – Suspect / Remember The Uniport 4 Brutally Mudered By Aluu Comunity...graphic Videos Pls / Mother Of Lloyd (One Of The UNIPORT 4) Expresses Shock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by mukina2: 7:58am On Oct 17, 2012
CONTRARY to claims that policemen were not present at the execution scene of the four University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) students in Umuokiri-Aluu community about one and a half weeks ago, one of the arrested suspects has placed a policeman among the executioners.

One of the 13 suspects paraded to journalists in Port Harcourt, on Tuesday, David Ugbaje, while answering questions from journalists, said he saw two policemen, one of who joined in beating the victims.

According to him, he was told the victims were robbers and that they were going to rob at 9, Coca Cola Street, Umuo-kiri-Aluu, which happened to be his compound.

He said further that one of the victims was his customer, as he is a shoemaker, adding that he would not allow the mob to kill them in his compound, though he hit the victims twice.

“I saw a crowd beating four boys. I ask who are the four men being beaten and they said they were armed robbers. I said what happened in the com-pound, they said they are going to 9, Coca cola Street in Umuokiri-Aluu. I said ok, it is my compound, let us go and see the person whether he is their member. Or let them point at the particular person they are going to look for.

“Along the line, two policemen came around. One of them was pleading, the other one even joined in the beating. After beating the boy, the police now asked that they hand over the boy over to them,” Ugbaje said.

Source: http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/49325-uniport-4-policeman-joined-in-the-beating-suspect
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by MadCow1: 8:18am On Oct 17, 2012
I dont understand this gist at all o!!

Aluu 4 matter: CONTRARY to claims that policemen were not present at the execution scene of the four University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) students in Umuokiri-Aluu community about one and a half weeks ago, one of the arrested suspects has placed a policeman among the executioners.

One of the 13 suspects paraded to journalists in Port Harcourt, on Tuesday, David Ugbaje, while answering questions from journalists, said he saw two policemen, one of who joined in beating the victims.

According to him, he was told the victims were robbers and that they were going to rob at 9, Coca Cola Street, Umuo-kiri-Aluu, which happened to be his compound.

He said further that one of the victims was his customer, as he is a shoemaker, adding that he would not allow the mob to kill them in his compound, though he hit the victims twice.

“I saw a crowd beating four boys. [size=14pt]I ask who are the four men being beaten and they said they were armed robbers. I said what happened in the com-pound, they said they are going to 9, Coca cola Street in Umuokiri-Aluu. I said ok, it is my compound, let us go and see the person whether he is their member. Or let them point at the particular person they are going to look for.[/size]

“Along the line, two policemen came around. One of them was pleading, the other one even joined in the beating. After beating the boy, the police now asked that they hand over the boy over to them,” Ugbaje said.

Abeg somebody should break down this gist for me..

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by legalwealth(m): 8:19am On Oct 17, 2012
The same thing to me here as well but I think that you will understand if you read the next page talking about 13 suspects paraded.
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by BashMe1(m): 8:19am On Oct 17, 2012
Trust No Police
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 17, 2012
will all dis bring dose boys back?
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by michealade(m): 8:21am On Oct 17, 2012
Imagin make police dey beat pesin chai mumu blak uniformd men
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by 1Dray(m): 8:22am On Oct 17, 2012
Cueless and worthless policemen.
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by tellwisdom: 8:23am On Oct 17, 2012
I give up ...nigerian stories don tire me angryangry

4 Likes

Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by mrkels(m): 8:23am On Oct 17, 2012
Well more news would come out. We would know the truths in the end.
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by tenry(m): 8:24am On Oct 17, 2012
can you imagine that? could this be true? something is still fishy in this issue.
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by ubest1(m): 8:25am On Oct 17, 2012
police our worst enemy in this country,imagine this, since police left the highway, highway robbery stop, this country would been abetter place if we can do away from evil men called police.I hate 9ja police with passion

3 Likes

Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by koyu2049: 8:26am On Oct 17, 2012
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by EXCELLENCEAbia: 8:27am On Oct 17, 2012
whose yard the criminal in uniform called police or the suspect, the shoemarker who is he the police, the suspect or victim?
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by yeye4live(m): 8:27am On Oct 17, 2012
Its a pity d dead re gone 4eva,1 ve 2b so careful in dis life
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by olempe(m): 8:28am On Oct 17, 2012
Na wa o... Smh.
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 17, 2012
So policeman sef be shoemaker? In which country have you heard that policemen do other jobs apart from what they are assigned to do? Someone should please help me out! Am just confused here.
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by mikael78: 8:31am On Oct 17, 2012
I give up ...nigerian stories don tire me angryangry[color=#770077][/color]
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by Rooneyboy(m): 8:31am On Oct 17, 2012
Do we have police in this country ?
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by sunkoye: 8:32am On Oct 17, 2012
undecidedthat is it...i wont be surprise if all the suspect were police officers sef
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 17, 2012
E get as this confession be...quite illogical and demands more elucidation

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by Sxsells: 8:33am On Oct 17, 2012
Is that the end?? What then happened wen the policeman asked the boys to be handed over to them.. And again, the stupid shoemaker really wanted to justify his involvement by saying they were planning robbing his compound...."sweet coincidence"
Twists and turns everyday! Everybody is just fabricating stories, police ooo, eyewitnesses ooo, culprits ooo...
Truth will prevail sha.

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by Booty4me: 8:35am On Oct 17, 2012
Abegii. Am tayad of this Aluu Threadz
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by duzzy: 8:36am On Oct 17, 2012
the last has not been heard on this matter. we are waiting for more information.
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by pak: 8:36am On Oct 17, 2012
--------

8 Likes

Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by Onyenna(m): 8:36am On Oct 17, 2012
EXCELLENCE Abia: whose yard the criminal in uniform called police or the suspect, the shoemarker who is he the police, the suspect or victim?

Abeg, help me ask ooooh! What kinda story is this Somethings don't just add up @ all..... I hope with time, we'll hear/read the true story...
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by fittty(m): 8:38am On Oct 17, 2012
angry
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by logica(m): 8:40am On Oct 17, 2012
If both policemen were working towards the same goal (as one of the policemen was pleading), what I can deduce from the above was the other policeman that beat the boy simply did it to get the mob on their side and believe they would "handle" the boys properly (as in punish them and not allow them escape).
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by Foxybone(m): 8:41am On Oct 17, 2012
How can it be that I am number 20sumfin....

Have they arrested the policeman that participated
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 17, 2012
THIS SPACE IS NOT FOR SALE
Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by Lawconfessor(f): 8:43am On Oct 17, 2012
God!! Many dimension-less stories creeping out.

God Pls May Justice Be Done In Favour Of D Demise Of Dez Poor Guys

3 Likes

Re: UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating by pak: 8:45am On Oct 17, 2012
The truth is that the police will do its very best to extricate itself in this issue. They are actually the most complicit.

Their dereliction of duty was what led to a society where the vigilante culture has become deeply ingrained in the psyche of the populace.
People no longer have any form of confidence in our judicial systems.
The most instructive notes I have heard on this issue has been the response of the CPC party. Measured and thorough.

However, my prayer is that a thorough and fair investigation be carried out and all the guilty parties involved in the dastardly activities of that early morning be brought to book and exposed. We all need to know the TRUTH

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policeman Kills Okada Rider In Benue State, Residents Go On Rampage (Graphic Pic / 50-year-old Man Flees Home After Raping 14 Year Old Daughter / Young Doctor Shot Dead In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.