Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,786 members, 7,813,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help (5673 Views)

Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint / LETTER Of Administration,pls Help / Virtapay Wahala! Pls Gurus Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Thekeeper(m): 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2012
House,pls i want to knw how long it takes to get a letter of administration as my dad passed away last year without a will...öne of his friends asked me to bring his death cert & other documents so his lawyers at his law firm can start processing it.
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Thekeeper(m): 7:49pm On Oct 17, 2012
17 views without a comment. . .y naa?
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by dlegal(m): 3:33pm On Oct 22, 2012
it normally take within 3 to 6 months for a letter of adminisration to be granted. you would need at lest 2 person whom are willing to act as adminisrators, an application is put in for a letter of adminisration(loa) to be issued the application must contain the name of the proposed administrators, thereafter you are given a form which the administrator are to sign. among the form is what is known as a bank certificate. this BC is taken to all the bank and registrars of any company your dad owns shares whatever amount is to the credit of the deceased is endorsed upon the BC. the form duly filed and signed by all the adm and the fees payable are assessed by the govt(at the rate of 10% of whatever is the assest of the estate(i.e bank balance + value of shares+ landed property) after payment of the tax you pay for advertisement and wait 28days if no objection is filed the letter of adm is issued to the adminisrators. if you need further info you can call barr. efemena on 08086609610
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by fxyoube(m): 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2012
Letter of adminisrator takes time to get atleast from my own experience. We have been processing ours for a year now....our lawyer said it is in its final stage now.. just remaining for the Registrar of Probate to sign
e no easy oooo

The_keeper: House,pls i want to knw how long it takes to get a letter of administration as my dad passed away last year without a will...öne of his friends,Dr wale babalakin of bicourteny asked me to bring his death cert & other documents so his lawyers at his law firm can start processing it.
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Thekeeper(m): 8:11pm On Oct 29, 2012
Thanks 4 d replies. . .is it possible to get it within a month,as in bribing my way to get it. . . .
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by LAX89(m): 2:53am On Oct 30, 2012
L of A takes 6 months, at least, if you have a knowledgeable and efficient lawyer. If anyone issues it to you in 1 month because you 'bribed' them, it is most likely a FAKE document that he/she issued you. But then, why would you want to bribe your way out of this, why not wait and do it right?

2 Likes

Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Thekeeper(m): 4:28am On Nov 01, 2012
We are cash strapped..we started dis thing since last yr & up till now the man handling it is telling us stories so as to collect money from us(that fucking thief at d probate court). .u sure we can't get it within 3 months? Y does it have to take that long to get even with a sleek lawyer..my question again,y does it take that long?
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by fxyoube(m): 3:42pm On Nov 01, 2012
The_keeper: We are cash strapped..we started dis thing since last yr & up till now the man handling it is telling us stories so as to collect money from us(that fucking thief at d probate court). .u sure we can't get it within 3 months? Y does it have to take that long to get even with a sleek lawyer..my question again,y does it take that long?

I feel your pain. We started processing ours since september last year and finally got it yesteday. It was a crazy 1 year and a month wait
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Thekeeper(m): 4:34pm On Nov 03, 2012
@Fxyoube,what processes did u pass through from that september till 2 when u got it? I want to also knw hw lng it wil take for me to claim the cash in my dad's savings a cc and first guarantee pension account.can i get dis monies immediately upon presentation of d letter of admin and other documents? . . Tnx man
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by fxyoube(m): 12:51am On Nov 04, 2012
The_keeper: @Fxyoube,what processes did u pass through from that september till 2 when u got it? I want to also knw hw lng it wil take for me to claim the cash in my dad's savings a cc and first guarantee pension account.can i get dis monies immediately upon presentation of d letter of admin and other documents? . . Tnx man

The process starts with collection of the form from probate and filling it. There is a copy that needs to be endorsed by the bank stating the amount in there and also by the various registrars (for shares) stating the units of shares own. This is used to value the deceased, in order for govt to collect their 10%.
The 2 sureties would then be invited to the probate for a kind of interview.
The next stage is the newspaper publication where 21 days notice is given. If the 21 days elapsed without anyone filing an objection, then u have gotten to the final stage where the letter of administration is prepared, approved by a probate judge and then signed by the probate registrar.
For the bank, when u submit a copy of the L of A to them, they sends it to their legal dept for verification. It is after their legal people confirms the authenticity of the L of A that the bank can then proceed with payment.
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Thekeeper(m): 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
From your last paragraph,how long will this verification take(4rm verification to pay out). .and,padon me for asking,is L of A a requirement for processing a deceased's benefits. .i mean if the deceased happened to work with the Nigeria police?
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Tonjeola1(m): 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2012
how much does it take to complete the processing?
My late brother own still unprocess, i lost him 2009.
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Thekeeper(m): 9:07pm On Nov 04, 2012
Noting much. .just 2k for publication and 10k for mobilization fee. .dats not including d 10% of his total asset or money he has any where. .but if u employ d services of a lawyer,thats a diff cash entirely. . .was your bros in d armed force?
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by fxyoube(m): 2:16am On Nov 05, 2012
The_keeper: From your last paragraph,how long will this verification take(4rm verification to pay out). .and,padon me for asking,is L of A a requirement for processing a deceased's benefits. .i mean if the deceased happened to work with the Nigeria police?

Well I cant really say how long it will take the bank to verify the L of A cos We submitted ours just last thursday.

I do not think L of A is a requirement for processing of a deceased benefits at his place of work
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Thekeeper(m): 1:01am On Nov 06, 2012
Wow. . Thanks dear,u'v been kinda helpful. . .that means i should start processing his benefits since d L of A isn't needed?
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Tonjeola1(m): 5:03am On Nov 06, 2012
The_keeper: Noting much. .just 2k for publication and 10k for mobilization fee. .dats not including d 10% of his total asset or money he has any where. .but if u employ d services of a lawyer,thats a diff cash entirely. . .was your bros in d armed force?
i met a lawyer last, who said 30k, can u imagine and still want 10% according to him.
Please, can u give me some clue how to start that is lesser, thanks and i appreciate ur co-operation
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Thekeeper(m): 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
Tonjeola. .that's what u get when u employ d services of a lawyer. . . But dat 10% is a real turn off for me. .any way,who am i to question what a lawyer bills his client. .am lucky to have a top law firm handling mine,free of charge 4 that matter. .God help us
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Tonjeola1(m): 7:50am On Nov 07, 2012
The_keeper: Tonjeola. .that's what u get when u employ d services of a lawyer. . . But dat 10% is a real turn off for me. .any way,who am i to question what a lawyer bills his client. .am lucky to have a top law firm handling mine,free of charge 4 that matter. .God help us
please, can you introduce them to me?
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Thekeeper(m): 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2012
If i do,they'll charge u very high,pls u dnt need them. Its a sleek law firm with expensive lawyers. . .they handle high profile stuffs.they only wana help cos dad was a friend to d chairman
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Tonjeola1(m): 12:16pm On Nov 08, 2012
The_keeper: If i do,they'll charge u very high,pls u dnt need them. Its a sleek law firm with sleazy lawyers. . .they handle high profile stuffs.they only wana help cos dad was a friend to d chairman
ok. thanks
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Thekeeper(m): 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2012
maccy: BE CAREFUL THIS MAN IS DESPERATE TO ACQUIRE WEALTH THROUGH SPIRITUAL OCCULT MEANS HIS REAL NAME IS ''PATRICK FRIDAY'' NOT ''KEEPER'' YOU CAN SEARCH HIM ON FACEBOOK WITH HIS FULL NAME. SO FACEBOOK GIRLS RUN FOR YOUR DEAR LIVES OH IF INVITED RUN RUN RUN.... I HAVE FOLLOWED ALL HIS COMMENTS AND ACTIVITIES ON OCCULT WEBSITES AND FORUMS BOTH HIS ANGRY WORDS TO SOME OF THEIR SITES AND BLOG AND GET TO FIND OUT THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH HIM AND THEN. WE DON'T WANNA KNOW THE PROBLEM, ALL WE CARE NOW IS THAT HE IS DANGEROUS TO HUMAN LIVES AND SHOULD BE AVOIDED
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. .i laf at u in swahili. .may b u r dreaming. .cos my real name is igarishor monjol. .dude u mistake me 4 anoda pesin. .so i 4gv u
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by younglawya(m): 8:24am On Dec 18, 2012
sleazy lawyers? undecided why that choice of words
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Tonjeola1(m): 7:15am On Dec 20, 2012
The_keeper: If i do,they'll charge u very high,pls u dnt need them. Its a sleek law firm with sleazy lawyers. . .they handle high profile stuffs.they only wana help cos dad was a friend to d chairman
thank God, finally, i met someone who agreed to do it for N15k. My brother was a police officer too
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Thekeeper(m): 10:52am On Dec 30, 2012
Is he a lawyer and how long did he say it will take to finally get it?
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Thekeeper(m): 10:59am On Dec 30, 2012
Be careful. .dnt b scammed
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Tonjeola1(m): 11:30am On Dec 30, 2012
The_keeper: Is he a lawyer and how long did he say it will take to finally get it?
a lawyer, he said 3 months
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Thekeeper(m): 3:08am On Jan 06, 2013
Tonjeola1:
a lawyer, he said 3 months
wow that's quick. . .u r really sure of this?. .do u stay in lagos?
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Tonjeola1(m): 7:07pm On Jan 06, 2013
The_keeper: wow that's quick. . .u r really sure of this?. .do u stay in lagos?
no ijebu ode
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by boladex1: 8:34am On Jan 07, 2013
Tonjeola1:
no ijebu ode

dont use a lawyer oooo, because u will still spend some time pursuing it
and will collect 10% of the amount and once money exchange hands the lawyer
will become to behave funny.

i started with a lawyer after he was moving too slow for me, i decommission him and
process the letter my self. it took us about six month to get the letter of administration
from probate.
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by Thekeeper(m): 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
bola-dex:

dont use a lawyer oooo, because u will still spend some time pursuing it
and will collect 10% of the amount and once money exchange hands the lawyer
will become to behave funny.

i started with a lawyer after he was moving too slow for me, i decommission him and
process the letter my self. it took us about six month to get the letter of administration
from probate.
hmmm...thats bad.so how long did it take u to get your deceased's cash after submitting the L of A?
Re: Letter Of Administration Wahala..pls Help by fuke(m): 9:39am On Jan 09, 2013
The_keeper: House,pls i want to knw how long it takes to get a letter of administration as my dad passed away last year without a will...öne of his friends,Dr wale babalakin of bicourteny asked me to bring his death cert & other documents so his lawyers at his law firm can start processing it.

If Babalakin law firm is handling it for you, why fretting?

Letter of Admin takes time. It depends on many things.

Where your father died, his relatives, the nuclear family.

If you father had more than one wife it becomes more difficult.

The family will hold a meeting and choose two of you.

That is the beginning and pray it is not thwarted along the way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Breweries Distributorship / 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors / What Kind Of Business Can I Start With 50k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.