Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors (5675 Views)

Why Nigerian Entrepreneurs Should Invest In Agro Export / Apply For Ecobank 2018 Fintech Challenge For African Start-ups / 4 Lessons Entrepreneurs Should Learn From Dangote’s Bloomberg Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by magazineguy(m): 6:31am On Jul 10, 2017
As simply put by Eric Parsloe of The Oxford School of Coaching and Mentoring, “Mentoring is to support and encourage people to manage their own learning in order that they may maximize their potential, develop their skills, improve their performance and become the person they want to be”. Most notably successful entrepreneurs had mentors who led them through their early stages of starting out. Tech entrepreneurs, Mark Zuckerberg and Larry Page were mentored by Steve Jobs and Steve himself was mentored by Mike Markkula, a clear proof that mentoring is a way of leading someone in the right direction towards success.

If you are hoping to minimize the hitches involved in starting and running a business successfully, the following reasons will convince you of the need to get a mentor soon:

Experience
Mentors are mostly successful business people with vast experience acquired over a long period of time, success and dream actualization will happen easily when these experiences are shared with you.

Professional Networking
With years of existence in an industry, most mentors can make networking easier for whoever they are working with. That is, they can easily introduce one to important people that can make ones business successful.

Encouragement
We all need to be encouraged every once in a while in order not to throw in the towel in the face of challenges. Most mentors have seen the ups and downs of starting and running a business, this makes it easier for them to encourage one by telling their own stories or a similar one that suits a particular situation.

Confidence
The can do spirit is the reason why people succeed most times and people are held back when the level of their confidence is low. Mentors help you grow your confidence level by showing you how things are done.

Risk and Loss Minimization
Business will be more interesting if you have someone who leads you through the various steps that will reduce your losses and risks.

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/5-reasons-start-upsentrepreneurs-mentors/

cc
lalasticala, mynd44, dominique

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 10, 2017
This is very inspiring.. When I took a part to entrepreneurship, I was confused and had lots of consuming ideas and fears. But when i got my own mentor, he made everything so easy. He guide me into making my first millions.. Despite that, the old man is still my mentor..

He will often tell me; 'Making Money is so easy.' and he's right.. It's all about playing the ball well and getting what you want. Right now, I'm below 25, retired while my streams of income flows in the cash. Why so many people fear entrepreneurship is because of the hell they pass through during the time of infant establishment. But if they can hold on and keep pushing further, it's start getting easy.

Right now, I don't care mentoring someone who's serious about busines. Serious in the sense that he must beready to invest.. Most who have contacted me were expecting me to use my finance, very laughable..

Check my signature.. You'll love my blog. Trying to wake others to the truth that making money is easy ENTMIRROR

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by fernandez1(m): 7:34am On Jul 10, 2017
Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 10, 2017
Enterpreneurs,take note.

Listen to my new song dedicated to all Nigerian rappers at

https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/233002/
Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by Dutchey(m): 7:35am On Jul 10, 2017
bhu good mentors are few sad
Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 10, 2017
And when you make so much money, the mentor tries killing you.. Please beware of Nigerian mentors, maybe foreign mentors...faithful Nigerian mentors are hard to find...take it from an enterpreneur who was almost killed by ( not even a mentor self, that eediot )

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by uncleFola(m): 7:36am On Jul 10, 2017
Make I park for here first
Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by damola1: 7:36am On Jul 10, 2017
Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 10, 2017
connectpoint:
And when you make so much money, the mentor tries killing you.. Please beware of Nigerian mentors, maybe foreign mentors...faithful Nigerian mentors are hard to find...take it from an enterpreneur who was almost killed by ( not even a mentor self, that eediot )
Lol

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by misterjosh(m): 7:36am On Jul 10, 2017
nice
but who mentored Mike Markkula
Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by iykepromotions: 7:38am On Jul 10, 2017
Same thing goes with making money online. many folks thought that they don't need a mentor to make money online. that's why many failed with a system that is fully working.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 10, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:

Lol

I know you can relate... It is them they go to baba and say " O ti n lo aisiki mi " awon ole
Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by rheether(f): 7:41am On Jul 10, 2017

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by admindim: 7:43am On Jul 10, 2017
every body needs a motivator

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by rheether(f): 7:44am On Jul 10, 2017
EntMirror:
This is very inspiring.. When I took a part to entrepreneurship, I was confused and had lots of consuming ideas and fears. But when i got my own mentor, he made everything so easy. He guide me into making my first millions.. Despite that, the old man is still my mentor..

He will often tell me; 'Making Money is so easy.' and he's right.. It's all about playing the ball well and getting what you want. Right now, I'm below 25, retired while my streams of income flows in the cash. Why so many people fear entrepreneurship is because of the hell they pass through during the time of infant establishment. But if they can hold on and keep pushing further, it's start getting easy.

Right now, I don't care mentoring someone who's serious about busines. Serious in the sense that he must've ready to invest.. Most who have contacted me were expecting me to use my finance, very laughable..

Check my signature.. You'll love my blog. Trying to wake others to the truth that making money is easy.
I hope you are rich.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by LordBaelish: 7:47am On Jul 10, 2017
yeah
Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 10, 2017
rheether:

I hope you are rich.

What's rich? If rich is having a car, your own house and numerous investments. Then yes I'm rich and retired.. My aim now is impact..
Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 10, 2017
connectpoint:

I know you can relate... It is them they go to baba and say " O ti n lo aisiki mi " awon ole
The aiski wey im wey claim to get am no fit use o grin
Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by Rett0: 7:50am On Jul 10, 2017
Please find a mentor who is already successful in his field and learn to be loyal even when you start to succeed. Only the successful can guide you to success.

My mentor is the best...
The very best I must say...
Ready to listen and help despite his busy schedule..
Has a well of experience I tap from.
Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 10, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:

The aiski wey im wey claim to get am no fit use o grin

My brother, the best mentor is personal development jare
Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by Innnfo: 7:52am On Jul 10, 2017
Not available
Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by Virtualaccounts: 7:57am On Jul 10, 2017
Thank you for this very relevant subject OP. At Virtual Accountant we also believe that as an entrepreneur running a start up or small business, proper management of your financial records is key to your growth and long term survival.

- Bookkeeping
- Accounting
- Tax compliance
- Other regulatory compliance
- Business registration

We see your business from a wholistic, yet unique angle you may have not thought about. A team of smart accountants who are very business oriented.

A Tree cannot make a forest, let us partner in this vision of growing your small business through the quality of our services.

Spread the word!

Visit www.virtualaccountant.ng

Chat / dial 08029753761, 08086108687 for more information.

Cheers to a great week

Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 10, 2017
connectpoint:

My brother, the best mentor is personal development jare
I concur

Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by Theflint1(m): 8:17am On Jul 10, 2017
It's a wonder that with the level of unemployment in Nigeria, topics like this rarely attract the needed traffic and interest.

I've been thinking of what is necessary to create a successful startup in Nigeria and I have been doing a lot of research on it. However, a lot of what I've come across are based on the American/foreign startup environment. It can applied but I believe it doesn't quite hit the nail on the head, as I know the Nigerian startup environment would have it's unique peculiarities.

So I would appreciate the help of any successful or failed startup founder in detailing a rough sketch of what the Nigerian startup environment is like; what is needed to succeed, necessary documentations, what you need to set up a work place, human resource recruitment, management and every other thing that is needed to succeed in the Nigerian startup environment.

CC: Seun.
Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by IsaacBuchi(m): 8:19am On Jul 10, 2017
Which kind mentors? For this naija? Mentors that would think you going to compete with them and take away their business.

There is enough for everyone - Rhoda

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 10, 2017
MONTHS BACK I NEED MENTORS! People to guide me aright in making the right decision!

I got nobody! The ones I sent PM to on NL non replied

Guess what's happening now! I turned intomyself into my Personal Mentor,motivator and I get to challenge myself to do better daily.

This is July..I am not the best at all yet but I have control over my finances!

I can do some few things I couldn't have done years back

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by Alexbrain(m): 8:23am On Jul 10, 2017
Discovering your talents and building up your skills with be a very productive way to tackle unemployment and become an entrepreneur.
Check out this free online book that will help you with that
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/657738
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/talent__the_bomb/12751#
Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 10, 2017
ennyhola:
MONTHS BACK I NEED MENTORS! People to guide me aright in making the right decision!

I got nobody! The ones I sent PM to on NL non replied

Guess what's happening now! I turned intomyself into my Personal Mentor,motivator and I get to challenge myself to do better daily.

This is July..I am not the best at all yet but I have control over my finances!

I can do some few things I couldn't have done years back

If you need any tips on entrepreneurship and finance PM me.

Damn it, early monday morning, i just received a text, help me raise money.... When you draw these guys close, they start acting off.. Imma break this sim soon.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by jakesbaba: 9:03am On Jul 10, 2017
connectpoint:

This is my issue. I have personal experience with this.
Re: 5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors by newslifeop: 9:20am On Jul 10, 2017
Good

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Legit Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 & Make Upto N250k/month By July / How To Get A Foreign Buyer For Your Product Easly Without Leaving Nigeria / Storage Business Onions And Pepper (tatashi)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.