Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,895 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers (15495 Views)

Jobs For Lawyers At Udo Udoma & Belo-osagie (lagos And Akwa Ibom) / Udo Udoma & Belo-osagie Recruiting / Please I Need Senato Udoma Contact And Native (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by kamikaze(m): 11:55am On Jan 24, 2008
Anyone with information on how much this firm pays its lawyers? please i need to know asap, mighty thanks!
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by damilara23: 1:55pm On Jan 24, 2008
about 3yrs a go my friend who was working wit udo udoma said she was earning 76k per month but as for now i am nt too sure .but i think the pay is not bad at all.pls were you given a job in any of these firms?how did u apply ?pls i need info on how they recruit cos am a lawyer too.
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by roven(m): 2:03pm On Jan 24, 2008
hi guys,
its really good to see some lawyers in the house.
Am a lawyer too and i need to know if there is any vacancies
in any chamber?
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by soapdish(f): 4:54pm On Jan 24, 2008
@ poster

How did you manage to get a job there. I am also interested in working in any of their Chambers. Are they employing now. I am a lawyer too.

Thanks
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by nonysmith(m): 10:40am On Jan 25, 2008
Helloooooooooo my learned colleagues.its so good to see some lawyers in the house, pls we need to help each other in this forum since it seems the legal profession has been forgotten, please can anyone help with information on any chamber that needs a junoir counsel in abuja,
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by kamikaze(m): 11:29am On Jan 25, 2008
Hi guys, I'm not aware they are hiring, was simply asked if i'd like to work there and i wanted to be sure it'd be worth it. Trouble with our profession is that principals are not willing to take just anyone unless you have someone of importance wanting to help or a smashing result. Dont know how true but heard Aelex just might be, check their careers page.
Best of luck

www.aelex.com
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by soapdish(f): 11:33am On Jan 25, 2008
@nonysmith
You can find the Chambers that need Lawyers if you check the Notice Boards in the Courts regularly. Most Chambers paste their adverts there. Also attend NBA meetings and other Lawyers Forum, vacancies are usually announced there. Just get close to those already practicing and you will get info on Chambers that need Lawyers.

Good-luck
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by teddy5(f): 5:47pm On Jan 25, 2008
Udo Udoma and Belo Osagie is one of the highest paying in the legal industry, followed by aluko & oyebode caxton martins and adepetun. Aelex dont pay as much.
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by sucess001(m): 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2008
hi y'all!
dont know the exact amount but am aware they pay their corpers like 50k, so i expect the full staff to be like 80k, aluko is the highest in payin though, u can send ur applications to jade and stone solicitors, i think they need lawyers, was there b4, their add is 5,abibu adetoro st,v.i,lagos.all the best!!
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by kamikaze(m): 9:42am On Jan 28, 2008
Hi all, I'm so glad i made this post, its really good seeing some level of co-operation among us lawyers. Truth is the older generation of lawyers have created a picture of lawyers that is disheartening. A reputable law firm sent one of its counsel to my office over a matter bordering on millions of naira (i work in a multinational oil company) and the guy had on dirty shirt, even dirtier jacket and i need not describe his shoes. Its really sad, if we can help ourselves collectivelyas the new generation silk we should. Lets bring back the glory days of the profession where the bar was a place fit only for the nobel. Share deals, briefs and ideas, lets help our own anyway we can. The injustice has gone on long enough, lets make the difference

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]UBI JUS IBI REMEDIUM[/font][/font][/font][/font]
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by nonysmith(m): 10:21am On Jan 28, 2008
@soapdish
Hi dear thanks alot for the advice but the truth is that i have gone to courts to look at notices pasted on the wall and most of them require lawyers with experience,wat about those that want to gain the experience.,, undecided also i hardly know wen nba unity branch have there meeting;it seems like lagos is d best place for upcoming lawyers, and am in abj anyway am thinkin of relocating, hey kan i get ur number so we cud chart?thanks alot.cheers.
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by soapdish(f): 4:04pm On Jan 28, 2008
nonysmith:

@soapdish
Hi dear thanks alot for the advice but the truth is that i have gone to courts to look at notices pasted on the wall and most of them require lawyers with experience,what about those that want to gain the experience.,, undecided also i hardly know when nba unity branch have there meeting;it seems like lagos is d best place for upcoming lawyers, and am in abj anyway am thinkin of relocating, hey kan i get your number so we cud chart?thanks alot.cheers.

@nonysmith
Well! well! well! a new wig in ABJ hnmmmmmm, I know it is not always easy for new wigs in ABJ but if you have some connections you will be o.k but if not it will be a little bit hard for you. I really think you should relocate to either Lagos or Port Harcourt, the latter only if you have a place to stay because the rent is outrageous. There are lots of opportunities in both cities.

However, don't expect to be paid fat salary except in very few Chambers. The most important thing is for you to have the experience. I am sorry, I can't post my phone number here. Do take care!!!!!
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by kamikaze(m): 4:30pm On Jan 28, 2008
Nonysmith there are a gazillion law firms here in lagos that will employ you without experience but they will milk you for pea nuts in the name of " the experience you're gaining is invaluable". I'm yet to find a market stall or kiosk that accepts work experience as legal tender for purchases made. So let your desire be clear, do you want experience or money? in our profession you seldom get both from the beginning. If experience Lagos embraces you, if not get yourself into the legal department of a coy while running some other outfit that doesn't require "appearance" and you'll be fine.

MY BRUTHA LAGOS NA JUNGLE! shocked
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by kamikaze(m): 4:34pm On Jan 28, 2008
Well! well! well! a new wig in ABJ hnmmmmmm, I know it is not always easy for new wigs in ABJ

Soapdish, how long have you been at the bar? no insult intended! wink
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by onimine(f): 9:27pm On Jan 28, 2008
udo udoma pays well but u have to be connected to get there. pls does anyone have an idea how a lawyer can get a good paid employment in warri. all i ever get to see on this post are bank jobs and oil coys
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by kamikaze(m): 9:01am On Jan 29, 2008
Onimine I hate to sound like a real kill joy but truth be told I the old Bendel (Edo/Delta) have great Shylocks for principals. Most lawyers I know in that region are paid between 10 and 30k max. I even know a brutha earning 5k( I still wonder what made him agree to such a deal). Two of the most prominent lawyers from Delta living in warri- Okpoko(SAN) and Albert AKpomudje have offices littered with old furniture and tired looking staff, what do you expect from the less known? If you're in this region Oniovo get one or two more partners and set up your own firm, you'll always have lil briefs from landord and tenant to conveyancing to get you going while you search for bigger clientele. Otherwise ship out!
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by nonysmith(m): 10:14am On Jan 29, 2008
@soapdish
thanks alot, so realy would like to know how long u have been at the bar cheesy, u knw one has to be experienced to get a job, but u have to get a job to gain experience.

@kamikaze
realy 4 me its not about the money but that does not mean i will work for 5k or one kind of thing they call salary sad its sad,even laborers earn more. i knw in abj they pay like 15k, so if u knw any chamber in abj just hola, thanks
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by soapdish(f): 10:28am On Jan 29, 2008
@ nonysmith and kamikaze

Why do you guys want to know how long I have been at the BAR
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by kamikaze(m): 11:18am On Jan 29, 2008
@ soapdish, I ask cos you've got a " been there done that" kindda thing about you, not in a pompous way(at least not yet) but for some of us who are not new wigs yet not dusty one's either its aight to know when to represent, you know, bow down and let you get yo' swagger on, lol cool

@Nonysmith, got some friends in Abj, I'll ask a bit and holla bak if it aint 5 or 15k, kapisc?

You know I'm bored being in-house counsel to a coy and seriously taking out a year or two for real practice but I'm a lil bit jittery, anyone with a taste of both sides willing to help clear the fog for a brutha? mucho gracias
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by kamikaze(m): 11:22am On Jan 29, 2008
@Onimine
what do you think about MUDIAGA ODJE chambers in Warri? with a few things in place(in your cv that is, ) i could hook you up
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by soapdish(f): 12:23pm On Jan 29, 2008
kamikaze:

@ soapdish, I ask because you've got a " been there done that" kindda thing about you, not in a pompous way(at least not yet) but for some of us who are not new wigs yet not dusty one's either its aight to know when to represent, you know, bow down and let you get yo' swagger on, lol cool

You know kamikaze, "I HAVE BEEN THERE AND I HAVE DONE ALL THAT" i.e check notice boards for vacancies, gone for interviews that the salaries offered were less than 20k etc. So I know that the first few months at the Bar is capable of disillusioning a less determinant person.

To answer your question though not directly, I am not very old at the BAR, I am actually less than five years but as I said I have been there and I have had my share of Principals "milking you for peanuts "(quoting you). Though right now I no longer worry about all that because sometime last year I decided to quit practice for a job in a Coy. It wasn't because of the peanut ooooo,

I hope I answered your question !!!! smiley smiley
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by kamikaze(m): 2:20pm On Jan 29, 2008
Lucky you, you tasted practice then quit, me i went straight into employment,albeit in the legal dept of a coy.While i seek newer challenges I dnt know if practice will hold that for me. But at the same time i feel without it i'd be half-baked. So what do you think? I'm quiting my job in 2-3months, the pay's good, em, ok, very good, but it can always get better. As much as there is the need for new challenges I don't want the apple too far off the tree (I still want to hang around law), i just dont know if practice will give me that satisfaction. Thats why i started this thread, cos i might be heading to Udoma & as much as i want a change i dont want "change" for pay, comprende?
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by soapdish(f): 3:34pm On Jan 29, 2008
kamikaze:

Lucky you, you tasted practice then quit, me i went straight into employment,albeit in the legal dept of a coy.While i seek newer challenges I dnt know if practice will hold that for me. But at the same time i feel without it i'd be half-baked. So what do you think? I'm quiting my job in 2-3months, the pay's good, em, ok, very good, but it can always get better. As much as there is the need for new challenges I don't want the apple too far off the tree (I still want to hang around law), i just don't know if practice will give me that satisfaction. Thats why i started this thread, because i might be heading to Udoma & as much as i want a change i don't want "change" for pay, comprende?

Well since you don't want any change in your salary, I think the best thing to do is to find out how much Udo Udoma & Associates pays before you decide on quitting.

The fact that you have not practiced does not make you half-baked. The Law Profession is not just about litigation. I think the thing to consider is if your happy in your job and if it gives you satisfaction. However, if you like challenges then you will surely get that in practice because there you get all kinds of briefs, have all kinds of people as your opponents etc. Practice is fun if you are working in a Chamber that appreciates its lawyers both monetarily and otherwise because you learn new things everyday as a litigation lawyer but you know that alone will not put food on your table.

IT IS VERY VERY WRONG TO PRESSUME THAT ALL LAWYERS MUST PRACTICE OR THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT PRACTICING YOU ARE HALF BAKED. Our services are needed in all sectors of the economy. What matters is that one is diligent and represents the profession well in whatever sector you find yourself. I really do hope that you make the right choice at the end of the day and I will like to know about it. Ciao
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by kamikaze(m): 4:47pm On Jan 29, 2008
@soapdish

Dont get it twisted , being half-baked to me isnt same thing as not being a good lawyer, its just the feeling of not having tasted all sides. Besides one of the very likely options open to me right now is to go to an oil company much smaller than the one i'm in right now but with more money and the chance to build a legal department from scratch, now that appeals to me just as well. Now I really sound confused dont i?

AND WHY IN KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN DO YOU HAVE SOAPDISH FOR A MONICKER? shocked
grin cheesy Where's the soap? hohohohoho, arrivederci, mate!
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by soapdish(f): 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2008
kamikaze:

@soapdish

Dont get it twisted , being half-baked to me isnt same thing as not being a good lawyer, its just the feeling of not having tasted all sides. Besides one of the very likely options open to me right now is to go to an oil company much smaller than the one i'm in right now but with more money and the chance to build a legal department from scratch, now that appeals to me just as well. Now I really sound confused don't i?

AND WHY IN KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN DO YOU HAVE SOAPDISH FOR A MONICKER? shocked
grin cheesy Where's the soap? hohohohoho, arrivederci, mate!

Yeah right!!! you really do sound confused and I have this feeling that you already know what you want to do. Good-luck to you anyway.

SOAPDISH----- I'm not gonna tell and you don't wanna know lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by kamikaze(m): 9:41am On Jan 30, 2008
SOAPDISH----- I'm not going to tell and you don't want to know Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed

I itch, try me. Let me guess, as a kid you loved to eat soap!
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by finicky(m): 9:51am On Jan 30, 2008
Hello everyone,
I'm also a fresh wig, in fact less than 3 months at the bar currently serving in one of Nigeria's newest communications company, the thing here is that I'm not at the legal department and beginning to feel a little bit out of place, well the place is good we are still expanding, the pay is good well alot of corpers rolls eyes when they hear about the pay, but for me after sitting idle for more than a week I'm getting bored with the place, I'm beginning to feel i should start looking for a chamber.
I very much understand how some chamber work young wig out and pay so little under the guise of gaining experience.
i wouldn't have been so much bothered about a law firm, if not for this crazy and annoying idleness, i got myself accredited with cac [infact I'm in the process of filing CO 7 for a rather stubborn client who insists i should go ahead and file despite my warnings that there would be a query if we dont comply accordingly,
The dilemma is should i leave this place,-sometimes i get bored and they insist i cant skip some days even when its so obvious theres nothing to do-the place surely has got prospects as in if u are retained but as at now i just feel it could be better if i get myself into something not so off from the law.
The head of Chambers where i did my attachment while in law School as asked me to come and see her I'm beginning to think she has something to offer.
pals any advice for me.
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by soapdish(f): 10:49am On Jan 30, 2008
kamikaze:

I itch, try me. Let me guess, as a kid you loved to eat soap!

I can't stop laughing cheesy cheesy. Anyway you can try again, you may be correct this time

@ finicky

My advice will be for you to switch to a Chamber especially if they are busy, so that after NYSC and you decide to go into practice then you would have had some experience. On the other hand if you opt to work in a coy after NYSC you will still be at advantage because you already have an experience of what practice is all about.
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by onimine(f): 11:10am On Jan 30, 2008
kamikaze, odjes firm as at two yrs ago used to pay 5k a month. okpoko is about the higset paying in this town with 20k but with a caveat that u cannot do pp.it is the nameless firms in this warri that even pay btw 10-15k. thanks any way . the fact that a lawyer is in practise does not make him or her better than the ones who are not. some folks in practise would give out anything if they had better offers
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by kamikaze(m): 12:32pm On Jan 30, 2008
@ Finicky,

Dude stop being finicky bout this, you're in a dream situation if i can say so meself. From your post i gather you earn well currently, and you're idle, ABSOLUTELY LOVELY!. All you have to do my friend is stick to the office you're presently and use the idle time for PP (i see you've got ur groove on there already with the CAC reg.) That way your idle time will be paid for by the coy but you get to make use of it in ways related to law, company formation, due dilligence, perfections etc. build a clientele base so when you really want to set up private practice you have them too. All you have to do is liase with a fellow lawyer in a law firm or that has time on his hands to move around and you get to eat with both hands and both lips grin

@Onimine
you got it spot on, law firms and warri, hhmmmm, can anything good come out of Bethlehem?

@soapdish

my dear soapcan,ooops! (my bad), you eat from a soapcan? You're female so i cant suggest you use the soap in other " mummy cant hear of it" ways, or do you? just the thought and i'm almost over my desk in barbaric ecstacy!
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by soapdish(f): 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2008
@ kamikae

heheheehehohohoho,you are really very funny and somebody told me that lawyers are humourless (talk of an exception to the general rule). Soapcan ko, soap bottle ni.
What are the ways mummy can not hear? shocked shocked. Anyway you are wrong why not try again.

Meanwhile you are making my day interesting, its simply hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Udo Udoma & Bello Osagie Charmbers by kamikaze(m): 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2008
@soapdish

you work in a soap production coy and you're in charge of dishing out the soap? and you thought i wouldnt find out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBC World Service Nationwide Recruitment Still Ongoing (28 Positions) / Lagos State Government New Teachers Recruitment 2018 Online Application / Procter And Gamble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.