Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Will Muslims See God? - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Will Muslims See God? (12437 Views)

Will Muslims Go To Heaven? / Can You Muslims See Your Lives? 500dead And Counting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Muslims See God? by Caseless: 7:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
Aksally:

My man no be quarrel. This is still part of my research. I just need the names of those who 'distort' the Old Testament since you have them, that is all.
oga, the bible was edited more than 5000 times and u knw this...why do u stil need names of those who 'distort' the bible? Who was paul, mathew and john? Paul who? Mathew who and john who? Did they meet, see , eat or know jesus christ? The least of these wrote 40-80 years after the death of jesus christ(AS) . Go and do ur research!
Re: Will Muslims See God? by maclatunji: 7:51pm On Oct 30, 2012
Aksally:

My man no be quarrel. This is still part of my research. I just need the names of those who 'distort' the Old Testament since you have them, that is all.

Tell me the name of your Mother's father's grandfather. I am sure you can't but you're here. That person did exist at one point. I don't need one name for they were several amongst the Jews.

If you believe that Jacob fought God in a physical fight in order to become Israel than you need some help. There are so many evidences of corruption of different parts of the Bible, don't play dumb for argument sake. It will be thoroughly thrashed.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Caseless: 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

i don't hv time to continue this argument.i understand u're trying ur very best to defend ur faith,here is d simple truth
Jesus Christ died on a cross for u and I,its left for u to believe or not.
He loves u more than u can ever imaginecheesycheesy
if he indeed died for ur sin, why do u stil tag urself a sinner? Ok, commit more sins and lets see if u wil not account for all ur deeds before God on the day of judgement. Abi jesus go come die for dere too to shield u from facing judgement? Smh
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Caseless: 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2012
maclatunji:

Tell me the name of your Mother's father's grandfather. I am sure you can't but you're here. That person did exist at one point. I don't need one name for they were several amongst the Jews.

If you believe that Jacob fought God in a physical fight in order to become Israel than you need some help. There are so many evidences of corruption of different parts of the Bible, don't play dumb for argument sake. It will be thoroughly thrashed.
i asked the guy a question he hasn'nt answered. Who was paul, mathew and john? These people never met , ate or knew jesus christ. The least of some of those writers whose writeups are now somehow part of the bible wrote 40-80 after the death of jesus. If the old testament was not distorted, then he shld be able to tel u the church jesus built, worshiped and which of the days he went to church for service? Nothin is original about them.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by nyameke: 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2012
TroGunn:

Why do you think God is scared of the devil? And God did not create the devil - he made himself one. He was a free being who sought his own prominence and broke God's laws to do so, thus becoming evil. And God has set a time to deliver his judegment on him. There are deeper issues involved and the devil will be taken out when the time comes. Things will get worse before it gets better because the Devil is increasing earth's woes because he knows that he has only "a short period of time" left before being shut down. (Revelation 12:7-12; 20:1-3)
dude there is a lot of things you don't understand man.there is nothing like the devil. Whatever happens to your world is your own doing and not the devil. start taking responsibility for your world and stop blaming an imaginary being. If you followed jesus like he taught and not twist his words you would understand everything in your world you created just like the creator created the universe.
"And know that these things, and more, shall you also do". For have I not said, ye are gods?
Yet you do not believe. If you cannot, then, believe in yourself, believe in me.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Itoroetti(m): 8:04pm On Oct 30, 2012
Now u see ur religion as d correct one.ignorant of d highest other.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 30, 2012
maclatunji:

That's lame, "general idea" in the Bible cannot be it's true teachings now. The Christian belief that you must pray in the name of Jesus is enough evidence of linking worship of others with God.

Here we have another person typing about support. Support over what? Even the Pope won't speak of supporting 'Muslims to heaven", quite a ludicrous thought.

Christians worship God, but Jesus Christ does play a key part in it. Christ set us a perfect example to follow in worshipping God. If a 3rd party is unnecessary in worshipping God, you lot should listen to no writings of Moh'd, or Imam. My understanding of some of the activities of the pilgrimage is doing things Moh'd did or was close to including circling and kissing the meteorite.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Psylas(m): 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2012
Idle users
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2012
nyameke: dude there is a lot of things you don't understand man.there is nothing like the devil. Whatever happens to your world is your own doing and not the devil. start taking responsibility for your world and stop blaming an imaginary being. If you followed jesus like he taught and not twist his words you would understand everything in your world you created just like the creator created the universe.
"And know that these things, and more, shall you also do". For have I not said, ye are gods?
Yet you do not believe. If you cannot, then, believe in yourself, believe in me.

That the devil exists doesn't mean we shouldn't take responsibility for our actions. I don't know where you get the idea from. We are responsible for our deeds, which shows whether we are on God's side or Satan's. And those who allow themselves can be influence by the devil. It's no different from how humans can be influenced negatively or otherwise by other humans.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Clemzy16(m): 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2012
Islam - Christianity
Paradise - Heaven
Abraham - Ibrahim
Jesus - Isha

What more can i say, islam is just a photocopy of christianity.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by nyameke: 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2012
TroGunn:

That the devil exists doesn't mean we shouldn't take responsibility for our actions. I don't know where you get the idea from. We are responsible for our deeds, which shows whether we are on God's side or Satan's. And those who allow themselves can be influence by the devil. It's no different from how humans can be influenced negatively or otherwise by other humans.
the devil does not exist and will never exist not now and not till the end of time. if you believe the devil exist then you believe God is imperfect and that can never be my friend.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by paleson(m): 8:48pm On Oct 30, 2012
How many pple are following what their holy books teach them?
Re: Will Muslims See God? by rhymz(m): 9:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
TroGunn:

Why do you think God is scared of the devil? And God did not create the devil - he made himself one. He was a free being who sought his own prominence and broke God's laws to do so, thus becoming evil. And God has set a time to deliver his judegment on him. There are deeper issues involved and the devil will be taken out when the time comes. Things will get worse before it gets better because the Devil is increasing earth's woes because he knows that he has only "a short period of time" left before being shut down. (Revelation 12:7-12; 20:1-3)
You are one guy I respect a lot, you have got a good head on your neck. However, I fear that just like most religious faithfuls that have been numbed into thoughtlessness, you argue from thesame premise, full of illogical assumptions and man-made explanations and hypothesis of your god's thoughts and actions.

You will have to agree with me that all that crappy ambigious explanation about the devil turning himself into what he is only shows the folly in the claims of your god being an omnipotent, all-knowing shrek, he obviously did not see this one coming and is powerless to do anything about it, Just like his many actions that the bible says he later came to regret. Obvious characteristics of a being not in control of anything or having fore-knowledge of the future let alone decide anyone's fate.

You guys keep concocting irrational explanations to support your belief sytems but in fact, you and I know these are just spiritual mumbo-jumbo that makes no sense, after all said and done, they are all man's words against another man's word, they are not divine or sacrosanct. Trust me, your God will not and can not do anything about satan or whatever it is christians claim.

The whole concept of an evil creature is derived from human beliefs of bad and good, light and darkness, negetive and positive, they created god and just had to create him an equivalent opposite in the person of a devil, in case you have not noticed, they are equally powerful according to your bible.

These things are not hard to figure out if only one choses to be a little logical and use common sense.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by rhymz(m): 9:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
nyameke: the devil does not exist and will never exist not now and not till the end of time. if you believe the devil exist then you believe God is imperfect and that can never be my friend.
The fact is whoever this "God" guy ism he aint perfect even without a devil. He is full of mistakes and self-reversal at every slight hint of hesitation. What kind of perfect being creates this kind of confusion in the world even with fore-knowledge of the future? To be fair, there is more to what begets what than some giant male God in where up in the sky playing chess with human beings and laughing at the results of his own actions.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by rhymz(m): 9:26pm On Oct 30, 2012
caseless: i asked the guy a question he hasn'nt answered. Who was paul, mathew and john? These people never met , ate or knew jesus christ. The least of some of those writers whose writeups are now somehow part of the bible wrote 40-80 after the death of jesus. If the old testament was not distorted, then he shld be able to tel u the church jesus built, worshiped and which of the days he went to church for service? Nothin is original about them.
let me help you there. None of these people ever existed. There is no proof to show they lived or wrote those books. Those books are all pseudographs written by numerous anonymous writers whose religious beliefs were not neccessarily christ-like. The roman catholic father compiled and chose which of the books to be certified divine or heretic.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
nyameke: the devil does not exist and will never exist not now and not till the end of time. if you believe the devil exist then you believe God is imperfect and that can never be my friend.

The devil's existence does not make God imperfect. It's no different from blaming well-mannered, law-abiding parents for their son's waywardness when the son disobediently opts to join bad gangs and go against good advice of parents. It's what freewill is. Satan alleged that Adam and Eve were deceived by God, that disobeying God would make them know "good and bad" and become like God. Adam opted to believe Satan, that not listening to God is better. That's what plunged us into this mess. A quick destruction of the rebels would not have proved beyond any doubt who was right - God or Satan - as there were obviously other intelliegent spirit beings who were watching.

The time that has passed has shown who is right. In God's own time, he'll right the wrongs and take out the devil. And the current experience of humans without God will serve as an irrefutable example for future rebels, who will be summarily dealt with. That, my friend, is the logical story of the Bible.

Definitely more sensible than the nothingness offered by the alternative.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by tintingz(m): 9:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
LastApostle: Yea...Muslims will go to paradise where the would live their entire life Rocking virgins. I can't imagine yanshing 5 virgins on a daily basis.

Hmmm...Christian will go to heaven praising and worshipping Almighty God.
After all the prayers, worship songs and clapping on planet earth one still has to replicate sequence up there. Too tedious for comfort.

Now, make your choice where you want to be but as for me and my family we have decided to WORSHIP the Lord.
LoL after the going to church every sunday to praise and worship Yahweh...christians will go to heaven with another season two of clapping and dancing forever?? cheesy according to Islam Paradise is like a RESTING garding thanking God and enjoying what Allah has promised to the believers cheesy
Re: Will Muslims See God? by rhymz(m): 9:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
TroGunn:

Christians worship God, but Jesus Christ does play a key part in it. Christ set us a perfect example to follow in worshipping God. If a 3rd party is unnecessary in worshipping God, you lot should listen to no writings of Moh'd, or Imam. My understanding of some of the activities of the pilgrimage is doing things Moh'd did or was close to including circling and kissing the meteorite.
Do you know that the concept you describe here is nothing short of gnosticism?
Who exactly introduced this concept of a dying messiah whose ressurection brought atonement for believers if not the writers of those Pauline epistles. In the old testaments, which actually was to an extent about some real human beings unlike the numerous fictional characters and names in the new testaments, the concept of a messiah coming to die was entirely alien and not existed until some gnostic writers with helenistic influences started bringing pagan concept of a dying god into the mix. Whatwver nonsense explanation of faith based salvation as claimed in the NT was borrowed and stolen from pagan religious beliefs that we today call illuminati.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Caseless: 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2012
rhymz: let me help you there. None of these people ever existed. There is no proof to show they lived or wrote those books. Those books are all pseudographs written by numerous anonymous writers whose religious beliefs were not neccessarily christ-like. The roman catholic father compiled and chose which of the books to be certified divine or heretic.
can u imagine paul who was hunting xtains and taking them for execution coming back to say he recieved a msg on his way to rome or whre is dat place he called? That's like hitler coming back to tell d jews he's an apostle sent to rescue them.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by tintingz(m): 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
Clemzy16: Islam - Christianity
Paradise - Heaven
Abraham - Ibrahim
Jesus - Isha

What more can i say, islam is just a photocopy of christianity.
and where/when did Jesus establish christianity...I would like to see from the bible scriptures
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 30, 2012
rhymz:
You are one guy I respect a lot, you have got a good head on your neck. However, I fear that just like most religious faithfuls that have been numbed into thoughtlessness, you argue from thesame premise, full of illogical assumptions and man-made explanations and hypothesis of your god's thoughts and actions.

You will have to agree with me that all that crappy ambigious explanation about the devil turning himself into what he is only shows the folly in the claims of your god being an omnipotent, all-knowing shrek, he obviously did not see this one coming and is powerless to do anything about it, Just like his many actions that the bible says he later came to regret. Obvious characteristics of a being not in control of anything or having fore-knowledge of the future let alone decide anyone's fate.

You guys keep concocting irrational explanations to support your belief sytems but in fact, you and I know these are just spiritual mumbo-jumbo that makes no sense, after all said and done, they are all man's words against another man's word, they are not divine or sacrosanct. Trust me, your God will not and can not do anything about satan or whatever it is christians claim.

The whole concept of an evil creature is derived from human beliefs of bad and good, light and darkness, negetive and positive, they created god and just had to create him an equivalent opposite in the person of a devil, in case you have not noticed, they are equally powerful according to your bible.

These things are not hard to figure out if only one choses to be a little logical and use common sense.

I do get the allure of not believing in God. I once tethered on that thought. I found it illogical, much worse than believing in an intelligent super being. Largely it had to do with studying nature - the more you look at the earth and universe - the order, ingenuity, and superhuman design in nature the more believe in a creator makes sense.

The alternative idea just doesn't add up. That somehow a massive nuclear explosion (Big B.ang) somehow created the beautiful and intelligent designs in the universe.

I'll be the first to agree that a lot of religion are just a waste of time and these religions make it more difficult to believe in God. But the message in the Bible is quite logical - clearly explains how we got here and where we are headed.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Ahmedie25(m): 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2012
Christians know That Islam is the only true religion & that is why they are trying to paint it black,that is what give birth to the so called bokoharam
Re: Will Muslims See God? by rhymz(m): 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2012
TroGunn:

The devil's existence does not make God imperfect. It's no different from blaming well-mannered, law-abiding parents for their son's waywardness when the son disobediently opts to join bad gangs and go against good advice of parents. It's what freewill is. Satan alleged that Adam and Eve were deceived by God, that disobeying God would make them know "good and bad" and become like God. Adam opted to believe Satan, that not listening to God is better. That's what plunged us into this mess. A quick destruction of the rebels would not have proved beyond any doubt who was right - God or Satan - as there were obviously other intelliegent spirit beings who were watching.

The time that has passed has shown who is right. In God's own time, he'll right the wrongs and take out the devil. And the current experience of humans without God will serve as an irrefutable example for future rebels, who will be summarily dealt with. That, my friend, is the logical story of the Bible.

Definitely more sensible than the nothingness offered by the alternative.
I thought your God was supposed to be an all-knowing and all-powerful God that can avert future occurrence even before they happen? Nyemeka is very right, your God is not perfect afterall he can be compared to my inperfect parents. So why call him God?
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2012
rhymz: Do you know that the concept you describe here is nothing short of gnosticism?
Who exactly introduced this concept of a dying messiah whose ressurection brought atonement for believers if not the writers of those Pauline epistles. In the old testaments, which actually was to an extent about some real human beings unlike the numerous fictional characters and names in the new testaments, the concept of a messiah coming to die was entirely alien and not existed until some gnostic writers with helenistic influences started bringing pagan concept of a dying god into the mix. Whatwver nonsense explanation of faith based salvation as claimed in the NT was borrowed and stolen from pagan religious beliefs that we today call illuminati.

Gnosticism does not predate Christianity. The idea developed after. The death of Jesus was predicted long before it happened, e.g by Isaiah - Isaiah 53:5-12.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
rhymz: I thought your God was supposed to be an all-knowing and all-powerful God that can avert future occurrence even before they happen? Nyemeka is very right, your God is not perfect afterall he can be compared to my inperfect parents. So why call him God?

Of course you understand my parent-wayward son analogy - it highlights why you can't put the blame on God for badness brought on by disobedient humans. God is indeed all powerful and can see the future. And that future is bright indeed. What is happening in the world is not the end game, the end game will soon be here when evil will be gone for good.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
rhymz: come on Trogunn, the bible is one of the most inconsistent and illogical book anyone will ever read followed closely by the Koran and hadith. I find it appalling that anyone will believe the tales by moonlight stories in these books. It obvious that even Jesus was a myth. Mohammed was a nutcase that founded a religion through violent take-overs and conquering territories, why should anyone take to the bank what these phonies say or do?

The Bible's logic is unparalleled. I do agree that some beliefs wrongly associated with the Bible is illogical.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by eebraehiema(m): 10:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
Some ppl are just unbelievable.nobody knws tomorrow bt you are there asking dis question.some ppl av qouted from da scripts while others are just trying hard to convince themselves dat they are da true believers.may Allah show us da right path cus some ppl av eyes n ears bt can see n hear not.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Astronott(m): 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2012
Let God be the judge. If anyone is using God's name to defraud ppl, God can and will judge him. But for each and every one of us, let us walk in the light that we have known. The things we know are right, lets pray dt God wil help us do them; and keep pleading for mercy. We are humans...
Re: Will Muslims See God? by rhymz(m): 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2012
TroGunn:

Gnosticism does not predate Christianity. The idea developed after. The death of Jesus was predicted long before it happened, e.g by Isaiah - Isaiah 53:5-12.
You obviously are trying to imply that immediately your fictional Jesus died, there was a book about him, NO? In fact, the books in the bible are just one of the very many books written about his death and myth, some were outrightly gnostic and described him in a way very different from the inconsistent tales of the new testament. For instance, the man that compiled the first books of the new testament, Marcion was a chronic heretic that later was excommunicated from the Roman Church after he went all out with his beliefs. It was upon his own version that the church fathers added, edited, corrupted and did all sorts of non-sense to arrive at the present holy book of today that you now see as the inerrant words of God. You think it is coincidence that most of the authors can't be traced? These authors wrote abour a christ they never met in person, whatever they wrote were mystery stories of the early christians who heard from another from another until they came to the present book. Go do the research.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2012
rhymz: You obviously are trying to imply that immediately your fictional Jesus died, there was a book about him, NO? In fact, the books in the bible are just one of the very many books written about his death and myth, some were outrightly gnostic and described him in a way very different from the inconsistent tales of the new testament. For instance, the man that compiled the first books of the new testament, Marcion was a chronic heretic that later was excommunicated from the Roman Church after he went all out with his beliefs. It was upon his own version that the church fathers added, edited, corrupted and did all sorts of non-sense to arrive at the present holy book of today that you now see as the inerrant words of God. You think it is coincidence that most of the authors can't be traced? These authors wrote abour a christ they never met in person, whatever they wrote were mystery stories of the early christians who heard from another from another until they came to the present book. Go do the research.

At least you should try and get some knowledge on something you are so determined to criticize. I said Christ's death was written about by Isaiah even before Christ was born so the idea of a messiah is not a Gnostic idea. Book of Isaiah is not in the new testatment. The Dead Sea scrolls, which shows these Isaiah's texts, is dated at least a hundred years before Christ. You should look at things with an open mind - that's how you determine what's true.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by rhymz(m): 10:31pm On Oct 30, 2012
TroGunn:

The Bible's logic is unparalleled. I do agree that some beliefs wrongly associated with the Bible is illogical.
which logic is unparalleled?
That there exist one god with three ppl inside him? Can you honestly explain to me why God needed Jesus to be murdered by human beings just so he God can be glorified? Ego boost or just to remind himself of his god status? Couldn'r he have saved the world with neccessarily sending his alleged son on a suicide mission to apease his own ego? How is that logical.
How about the inconsistent tales of how Jesus died, from Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, their accounts of his death are all inconsistent hogwash. Don't get me started mr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Share Your Eidmubarak Pictures Here / "Seven (7) Ways To Earn Reward Even After Death" / THE Sin Of Fornication And Adultery In Islam Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.