Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? (6540 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair / Grow Your Natural Hair Long (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by comechop(m): 3:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
[size=16pt]Original post was made OCT 19 WTF MODS[/size]

1 Like

Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2012
It depends on the individual, whatever rocks his boat. A lady can either choose to have natural hair or permed hair, as long as she is comfortable with it and can properly care for it. As for me, I'm natural and I'm totally loving it.
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by k2039: 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
ItsModella: It depends on the individual, whatever rocks his boat. A lady can either choose to have natural hair or permed hair, as long as she is comfortable with it and can properly care for it. As for me, I'm natural and I'm totally loving it.

I love natural girls,everything I touch and kiss is natural not artificial.
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2012
I was at the Airtel customer care center at Ikeja Mall this morning and everything about the petite lady who attended to me was fake. Fake hair extensions, fake eye lashes, fake eye balls in the form of contact lenses. There isn't anything real about her. Worst thing is she's married or engaged and I bet her hubby don't know who he is married to.

3 Likes

Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by Kslib(m): 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2012
Brand_new: I was at the Airtel customer care center at Ikeja Mall this morning and everything about the petite lady who attended to me was fake. Fake hair extensions, fake eye lashes, fake eye balls in the form of contact lenses. There isn't anything real about her. Worst thing is she's married or engaged and I bet her hubby don't know who he is married to.
hahahaha!!!
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 07, 2012
Brand_new: I was at the Airtel customer care center at Ikeja Mall this morning and everything about the petite lady who attended to me was fake. Fake hair extensions, fake eye lashes, fake eye balls in the form of contact lenses. There isn't anything real about her. Worst thing is she's married or engaged and I bet her hubby don't know who he is married to.

Go look, na im fiance or husband give am money to do them!So my guy chillax biko
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by bellyjelly: 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2012
please go natural..natural hair is sexy...it brings out the beauty in african women..d majority of women I see with perms in my opinion look very unattractive..they look like mutants..that type of hair belongs to certain people born with them..don't be fake..be real
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
Natural hair, in any style is my preference.

I'm not a fan on chemically-relaxed hair, that's so brittle it feels like steel wool, or a Brillo pad. There's nothing wrong with clean, natural African hair.

1 Like

Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2012
Poster, ask instead what the woman who has the hair is comfortable with. Why should what I do to my hair be subject to mens approval, my hair, my time my energy

1 Like

Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by SisiKill1: 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2012
Lemme see if I get this right. . .Your hair does not define who you are but a man's opinion on the said hair....Does?

Brilliant!!
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by SisiKill1: 3:55pm On Nov 07, 2012
debrief08: Poster, ask instead what the woman who has the hair is comfortable with. Why should what I do to my hair be subject to mens approval, my hair, my time my energy
Lmfao! Oh Shoot! I shoulda read the entire thread before commenting...woulda saved me the trouble. cheesy
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by Martmore: 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
Me i prefer the natural hair.as in she placing her soft natural hair on my body, not all these harsh artificial weaves.
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by solomonkane(m): 4:49pm On Nov 07, 2012
Moderators put this thread on the front page, na beg we dey beg una https://www.nairaland.com/1068519/too-much-negativity-nigeria-see
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by juleze(f): 6:34pm On Nov 07, 2012
I'm natural and I'm loving it.
Wish my hair was full and I had a fore head instead of a 4.5 head wink, though
I BC'd May 19 2010.
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 07, 2012
juleze: I'm natural and I'm loving it.
Wish my hair was full and I had a fore head instead of a 4.5 head wink, though
I BC'd May 19 2010.
How many inches is your hair now?
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by abiL(f): 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2012
PERSONAL PREFERENCE!!!!

If I want to relax my hair, it none of anybody's business. If I want to use a weave, I bloody hell will grin grin grin

You can all guess where I stand on this fuel-price-changing issue
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by gogomotet: 11:32pm On Nov 07, 2012
[b][/b]
ezotik: any man paying attention to a woman's hair is gay or a hair stylist.
fool of d first ORDER, so if Ҷ pay attention to one's hair Ҷ re automatically ą gay abii? Pls leave dis forum B4 I vex 4 u. Immediately I no wan provoke o, infact where is seun Ƌήđ Mods. Oya sack dis ezotik hanlele
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by Egbagirl(f): 12:41am On Nov 08, 2012
Locs are the way forward cool
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 08, 2012
I prefer my permed hair cos I have the toughest natural hair you can imagine, when I was little washing day was hell, plus I gave up the day a comb broke in it.
My permed hair is a bit past shoulder length, I retouch 3x in a year and its very healthy. I follow a natural hair blog www.blackgirllonghair.com and I admire those ladies but I however do not have the time or resources required to maintain natural hair.
If a man sees me with my weave or permed hair and approaches me, I take it he's accepted me for who I am. You cannot meet me in my permed hair and turn around to say I should go natural or I should stop makeup, or I should stop fixing weaves. Shey you saw all those kind of people before you approached me? No double standards please.
India Arie already sang 'I am not my Hair'
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by OmoEko1(f): 8:23am On Nov 08, 2012
Natural hair is not meant for everyone,am tired of ladies looking a hot mess all in d name of #teamnatural.
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2012
Omo Eko: Natural hair is not meant for everyone,am tired of ladies looking a hot mess all in d name of #teamnatural.

rotflmao grin grin grin
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by Egbagirl(f): 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2012
Omo Eko: Natural hair is not meant for everyone,am tired of ladies looking a hot mess all in d name of #teamnatural.

Agree 100%!!!!
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by indiahair: 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2012
Hi friends,

I am selling natural Indian Human Hair black and brown. Cost is very cheap. Order and enjoy the feeling. You can see our hair products here. www.indiahairextension.com mail me for quotation : indiahairextension@gmail.com

Thanks and Regards

Ramesh

IndiaHairExtension(IHE)
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by juleze(f): 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2012
Reply below
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by juleze(f): 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2012
ItsModella:
How many inches is your hair now?

I used to be really into measuring my hair with a tape rule, but I started using the APL, SL etc.
My hair's between APL (ArmPit Length) and BSL (Bra Strap Length) now. I wish I hadn't over-manipulated. Shoulda been mid-back length now.
I'm aiming  Waist length.

What about you?

1 Like

Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 26, 2012
juleze:

I used to be really into measuring my hair with a tape rule, but I started using the APL, SL etc.
My hair's between APL (ArmPit Length) and BSL (Bra Strap Length) now. I wish I hadn't over-manipulated. Shoulda been mid-back length now.
I'm aiming  Waist length.

What about you?
I BCed in June after transitioning for 9 months. The last time I checked which was about 2 months ago, I had 7-8 inches of hair. I've been on braids since then.

1 Like

Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by juleze(f): 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2012
ItsModella:
I BCed in June after transitioning for 9 months. The last time I checked which was about 2 months ago, I had 7-8 inches of hair. I've been on braids since then.

Your hair's growing real fast.
Have you heard of the cherry lola method? Research it.
It's a hairsaver. Used it last week and my hair gave me a thank you kiss. By hair seems to love protein though. Would use it weekly for about 2 months.
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 26, 2012
juleze:

Your hair's growing real fast.
Have you heard of the cherry lola method? Research it.
It's a hairsaver. Used it last week and my hair gave me a thank you kiss. By hair seems to love protein though. Would use it weekly for about 2 months.
Thanks. I just googled cherry lola and saw mostly positive reviews so I'll try it as soon as I run out of my Aubrey organics GPB. I'm trying so hard not to become a product junkie, lool.

1 Like

Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by juleze(f): 4:35pm On Nov 26, 2012
ItsModella:
Thanks. I just googled cherry lola and saw mostly positive reviews so I'll try it as soon as I run out of my Aubrey organics GPB. I'm trying so hard not to become a product junkie, lool.

Oh! I became a junkie alright, but I wish I had known about this method earlier. Wouldn't have bothered with all these shampoos and conditioners I went through pain getting someone to deliver it down here.
Purchased GPB and used it once before discovering this method. I intend adding GPB and AOHSR to my mix (added AOHSR last time). Don't need to do a two-step washing and conditioning anymore. Detangles like nothing else and leaves my hair soft and manageable.
Got a large bottle of amino acid at Ogunsanya mall, Surulere; it would last me for a minimum of half a year (if I don't add it to food).

1 Like

Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by indiahair: 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2012
No, We are exporting only Natural Human hair. In India most of the women are donating their hair in the name of GOD at Temple. We collected their hair and clean with conditioner 3 times then we making as machine weft and exporting to all over the world. Our Website Address: www.indiahairextension.com
Our Mail id : indiahairextension@gmail.com.

I hope you guys understand.

Thank You.
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by Nobody: 12:40am On Nov 30, 2012
ezotik: im only interested in the kitty hair. keep it well shaved but dont shave it all off to become abolo. make something remain wey i go play with. and most importantly, keep it clean and not funky.

WAIT WAIT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT!!!

YOU'RE A GUY? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair? by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 30, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

WAIT WAIT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT!!!

YOU'RE A GUY? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You didnt know?

You thought a chic was blowing kisses at me all these while? lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lovely Ankara Styles In 2014 With Photos :D / UNIQUE BLOCK HEELS And Others-for Ladies / Checkout The World Most Beautiful Snake.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.