Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,594 members, 7,816,469 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Sex Is Worship - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sex Is Worship (5670 Views)

Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God / What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? / Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sex Is Worship by Gamine(f): 12:16pm On Jan 30, 2008
Reverend

are you on the right thread?

where did you see anyone say that sex is dirty?

sex is great, as you may know

but within the boundaries where God set it
without? its corrupted.

And no matter how we want to take it,
it is a Spiritual act!
Sex is Spiritual, just like how you are a Spirit

Dont demphasize d spiritual, it gives one a better understanding of the physical
Re: Sex Is Worship by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 30, 2008
@Gamine
What does 'karenai hana wa utsukushikute' mean?

Which language is it?
Re: Sex Is Worship by Gamine(f): 12:50pm On Jan 30, 2008
it is Japanese

it means

Unwithering Flowers are beautiful smiley
Re: Sex Is Worship by RichyBlacK(m): 1:07pm On Jan 30, 2008
@Gamine,

I see you point and I agree.

Though sex is worship, the Being being worshiped may be either that of Light (the Almighty) or that of Darkness (the Fallen Angel).

*Sex is worship
*Worship can bring praise to God
*Worship can bring praise to Lucifer.

Can one distinguish between using sex to give praise to God or to Lucifer?
Re: Sex Is Worship by Gamine(f): 1:42pm On Jan 30, 2008
When it is done rightfully

that is within marriage, God is Glorified

Without Marriage, Satan is glorified
Re: Sex Is Worship by kingsikaz(m): 3:59pm On Jan 30, 2008
@ nairalanders

Sex brings about Intimacy either in marriage or what not. Worship fosters Intimacy.Worship, not in d sense of having bowing down 2 higher intelligent but a "consciousness of higher admiration". either sex is worship or not, d fact still remain that "there is a STRONG- BOND between d two parties in question.
Re: Sex Is Worship by pilgrim1(f): 4:34pm On Jan 30, 2008
RichyBlacK:

@Gamine,

I see you point and I agree.

Though sex is worship, the Being being worshiped may be either that of Light (the Almighty) or that of Darkness (the Fallen Angel).

*Sex is worship
*Worship can bring praise to God
*Worship can bring praise to Lucifer.

Can one distinguish between using sex to give praise to God or to Lucifer?

Gamine:

When it is done rightfully

that is within marriage, God is Glorified

Without Marriage, Satan is glorified

I see your point.

We had a group discussion on this (obviously, the lady who proposed this for the "sister's evening discussion" must have spied into this thread - for some of the things she pointed out seem to have been posted here already!).

Anyways, in the discussion, several of us extended the idea of "worship" to include our entire being - the total man submitted to God in loving response to the revelation of His power, love and redeeming grace!

As we took them in turn to highlight how this could be observed in practical ways, we agreed again that "worship" is not limited to 'Church activities' - but transcends it altogether. In Church, we have the opportunity to collectively express our worship to God. However, we can demonstrate that we count as those who worship Him - in our offices, neighbourhood, . . . and in our homes. Some of these highlights include:

~ We "worship" God when we refuse to seek ungodly gain in our dealings.

~ We "worship" God when we seek the welfare of our communities.

~ We "worship" God when we make relationships at home count!

Now, before you begin to whet your appetite, waka small-small. . . grin

Making relationships at home count as a way of worshipping to God would entail that we respect, value and foster healthy communication.

<<(tape fast-forwarded)>>

. . . so it is in marriage. When we submit ourselves to our spouses within the relationships of marriage, we glorify God. A man would not use sex as a weapon - to either cheat, hurt, or dishearten his spouse; nor would a godly woman seek to use sex as a punishing tool - depriving her spouse due to some misunderstanding.

<<(grumbling among sistas)>>

. . . "what's d matter?" (group leader asks)

. . . pilgrim.1 was feeling shy, so she just jeje maintain! Another no-nonsense sista quipped:

"Look, if my hubby shakara me anyhow without paying me due attention, I know how to discipline him - he must beg before he touch me. Worship includes discipline as well, you know!"

Need I say anymore? undecided
Re: Sex Is Worship by dafidixone(m): 5:22pm On Jan 30, 2008
I like to express my opinion on this thread. Please permit me to do so. We are all here to learn from one another I suppose?

First and foremost, I like to clearify something about Marriage and sex.
Marriage is what demonstrate the Union beween God and Beleivers. Marrieage is meant to be the union of two souls. The Primary Purpose of Marriage is not for procreation, it was mean't for fellowship. God Created a Helper for Adam because God standard is higher than Adams. God said it is not good for a man to be alone and her created a helper like Adam for him.

Secondly on issue of Sex, this is a strong and sacred affection between two opposite sex. God made it for the pleasure of Husband and wife. I will call it a motivation for procreation.

That being as it may, there could be many forms of Worship. It could be about honouring God and it could be about honouring other things.

If sex is Worship to you or anyone, then I will say Worship of Who?

May god help us to understand Him more and more.
undecided
Re: Sex Is Worship by Gamine(f): 10:08pm On Jan 30, 2008
Worship of God or Satan= Honoring God or Satan
Re: Sex Is Worship by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 31, 2008
pilgrim.1:

"Look, if my hubby shakara me anyhow without paying me due attention, I know how to discipline him - he must beg before he touch me. Worship includes discipline as well, you know!"

In the quote above, someone intends to use sex as a means to respond to shakara and exact some form of discipline. This is a fundamental human problem. Sex can easily be diverted and used as tool to achieve selfish objectives. In achieving these objectives, the person we ultimately worship is ourselves. This is idolatory!!

Herein lies the danger of holding too strongly to the 'sex is worship' idea. Sex should be put in its place in the natural order.
Re: Sex Is Worship by Reverend(m): 9:30am On Jan 31, 2008
Our sexuality is a natural gift from God. It should not be artificially restricted by regulation. God honors a free sexual expression that seeks the enjoyment and good of the each person, and the glory to God as He participates with us in this glorious aspect of living and loving others, ourselves and God. In our scriptural understanding, a New Testament biblical argument cannot be made against most cases of consensual sexual pleasure sharing, whether premarital, marital, or postmarital.

Negative cases can be made only if the parties involved are not functioning within Christian love guidelines, but are rather using one another for their own selfish gratification or are doing harm, physical or psychological, to their sexual partners or to other parties who are involved.

Millions of Christians are now enjoying more open relationships, more living in Christ's love. But many have struggled with exactly the same issues. Centuries of indoctrination by traditional Christian teachings are hard to overcome. But the sex negative traditions clearly have no biblical basis.

Sex is a gift from God for us all to enjoy wink wink wink wink
Re: Sex Is Worship by osisi5: 9:40pm On Jan 31, 2008
Gamine you've opened the floodgates for "revy rev" to preach his gospel of "sex till you drop"
o ya  I don leave una
Re: Sex Is Worship by Gamine(f): 9:54pm On Jan 31, 2008
lol

Rev rev
Re: Sex Is Worship by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 01, 2008
Thank God, churches like the 'kinky' church either follow their founders to the grave or do not last for more 20years before resorting to in-fighting and pointless politicking.

Their lies do not stand the test of time.
Re: Sex Is Worship by Reverend(m): 2:00pm On Feb 01, 2008
Hi Gamine grin grin grin grin

What do you think of Nairalands new sin monger 'Impotent-tep' ?

Seems a little sexually frustrated!

What is 'politicking'? is it when you tick a poli? grin grin grin grin
Re: Sex Is Worship by Gamine(f): 2:29pm On Feb 01, 2008
@Rev

How do you know someone is sexually frustrated undecided

i believe Imhotep is pained that you actually believe what you preach. undecided
Re: Sex Is Worship by Reverend(m): 2:34pm On Feb 01, 2008
@Gamine

I can see from his posts that he is frustrated, maybe sexually as well undecided

People can be pained by many different topics, politics, sport and religion. That does not mean that they have to trawl the forum attacking people making posts with little or no meaning or value sad sad

It pains me that in this day and age so many Africans have a totally backward mentality when it comes to sex and relationships. cry cry cry
Re: Sex Is Worship by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 01, 2008
This kinky church has heathen undertones. There is nothing new in what they are preaching.

Please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphrodite and compare with the contents of their website.

If they are smart enough to put up a website. They should be smart enough to figure out the filth they are handing out to ignorant souls.
Re: Sex Is Worship by luridguy(m): 2:54pm On Feb 01, 2008
maybe maybe not undecided  kinky church worshiping sex whats next
Re: Sex Is Worship by Gamine(f): 4:48pm On Feb 01, 2008
@Rev

dont you think your church focuses too much on the created
and not on the Creator?
Re: Sex Is Worship by Reverend(m): 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2008
@Gamine

Take an example of the Catholic church who focus everything on the creator and look at all the terrible sex crimes that have been committed by the men of the cloth.

The problem is that we are pandering to man made rules concerning our sexuality which have nothing to do with God.
Re: Sex Is Worship by Gamine(f): 7:38pm On Feb 01, 2008
Rev,

which man made rule?

the bible clearly shows if you sleep with smone
thats gona b the only one!

so theres no before n after

where do u get ur own theories from?
Re: Sex Is Worship by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 01, 2008
The world is an interesting place.

Providence never allows views like that of our Reverend (and the kinky group) to be held by the majority.

These views are always held by an insignificant minority.

No wonder Jesus said (Matt. 16:18).
", the gates of hell will NOT prevail against it, " (it=the Church)
Re: Sex Is Worship by Reverend(m): 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2008
God made us sexual (Genesis 1-2). We are to follow the law of love in sexual matters, as in all else. Romans 13:8-10: "Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. The commandments, 'You shall not commit adultery; You shall not murder; You shall not steal; you shall not covet'; and any other commandment, are summed up in this word, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Loves does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore, love is the fulfilling of the law."

We are not to covet or steal another person's partner (adultery). (But this has nothing to do with either having a sexual fantasy about another person's partner nor with sharing sexually with another's partner with agreement and permission.)

There is no prohibition on what we know as premarital sex, post-marital sex or extra-marital sex among consenting partners. There is no prohibition on adolescent or teenage sexual sharing. Here it is the responsibility of parents to properly instruct their children about how to love and how to live responsibly.

There are no grounds in the Bible for teaching sexual abstinence as a unique litmus test for spiritual "purity", as traditional Christianity has done throughout the centuries. While there is, of course, such a thing as sexual sin, i.e. abusive, selfish, unloving sexual attitudes or actions, there is no special or unusual emphasis on sexual sin in the Bible as there has been in historic Christianity.

It can be reasonably concluded that the sexual ethic of traditional Christianity is an artificial, repressive and legalistic ethic which ignores both our God-given natures and the law of love. Thus, this ethic is an abusive ethic in its basic nature which hurts rather than heals people. It is also an ineffective ethic which does not even accomplish its intended purpose of sexual repression, but rather drives sexual expression underground and into the shadows of ignorance. It is an ethic which is based on misinterpretation and false application of the biblical text and on cultural and philosophical biases imported into Christian teaching from other sources.

The driving of sexual expression underground by religious repression is at least part of the stimulus to the ignorance, irresponsible behavior and tease and titillation which characterize our society. It is the viewing of sexuality in these ways that has prevented the learning of true intimacy, even in partnerships which may experience great sex.

We affirm that our sexuality is a natural gift from God. It should not be artificially restricted by regulation. God honors a free sexual expression that seeks the enjoyment and good of the each person, and the glory to God as He participates with us in this glorious aspect of living and loving others, ourselves and God. In our scriptural understanding, a New Testament biblical argument cannot be made against most cases of consensual sexual pleasure sharing, whether premarital, marital, or postmarital.

Genesis 1: 27-28 – “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number;”

Sex is good and right and pure. It was created by a loving, imaginative God for procreation and pleasure.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them, God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. Genesis 1:27, 31.

THERE IS NO COMMANDMENT in the Bible regarding masturbation. In spite of what you thought I might say, I AM NOT SAYING THAT MASTURBATION IS WRONG. The Bible doesn't say that. In the absence of a clear command from God, we must always be careful of creating condemnation where God never intended it.
Re: Sex Is Worship by LordReed(m): 11:59am On Feb 04, 2008
*Nods his head*
Yes I share the view that sex is worship. The female body is and should be approached like one would approach a temple with reverence n awe. And like a worshipper the words n thots u express should be filled wit a desire to please n luv.
Yes n like temples there be false worshippers.
Re: Sex Is Worship by Gamine(f): 6:39pm On Feb 07, 2008
Thanks Reed

there always will be the false worshippers
Re: Sex Is Worship by chychy(f): 2:22pm On Feb 11, 2008
Sex between a married couple is an act of worship
That is the way it is supposed to be,
After all, everything we do shd be an act of thanksgiving 2 God esp SEX between a married couple.

Simple and Short.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's Most Catholic States. / It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri / Wicked Atheist Warlord Adolf Hitler And His Hate For Christianity ⭆ Table Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.