Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) (29883 Views)

Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch / Did You See The Mistake On The Ministerial List Sent To The Senator Saraki? (Pic / Troops Kill Notorious Boko Haram Commander, Capture Ring Leader [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by VEE2010(m): 6:42pm On Oct 20, 2012
egbeman1: E*X*P*O*S*E*D!
The Senator Hiding the Wanted Boko Haram Commander.

Mr Shuaibu Mohammed Bama, the Kingpin of the Islamic Terror group, Boko Haram was Captured inside the House of Senator Ahmed Zanna Khalifa, representing Borno Central Senatorial District, along Damboa Road, GRA Maiduguri.

The decision to hide the Identity of Senator Ahmed Zanna is annoying and beyond understanding.

We are appealing to the National Assembly members to trail the part of honour and ensure that Senator Ahmed Zanna and Buka Abba Ibrahim are barring from entering the Assembly Complex henceforth[color=#990000][/color]

You just said my mind, the guy called Buka Abba has been making several inciting utterances lately and no one cared to call him to order. It's a pity, most of these old crooks are hell bent to see Nigeria sinking.
Again, Kudos to our JTF!

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/104262-another-senator-linked-to-boko-haram.html
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by liyalla(m): 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2012
since we just dey hear "king pin,king pin" abe them no dey finish. Mak God allmighty help Nigeria our one and only mother land. Bad roads, bad network, bad schools, bad electricity, bad food, bad water,bad people, bad senators,bad leaders all inside this GOOD COUNTRY

1 Like

Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by passionate88: 7:05pm On Oct 20, 2012
Ramcie: Always PDP Mtswwww
Always muslims... SMH.. Religion of piss.. I hail thee.. I keep seeing the peace in that religion daily...

1 Like

Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by cristog120: 7:26pm On Oct 20, 2012
onatisi: why are we so quick to follow a single direction,if the identity of the senator is been protected ,i think the senator might have been used by the jtf to lure the bh man out,if the senator was invovled negatively believe me he would have been arrested,it is very possible the senator conived with the jtf to arrest this bama

listen to yourself again.can you risk such if you were the one? using your house to trap a terrorist group member and you still see your life and that of your family safe? you must be his brother, friend or even a boko haram member as well.
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by ikeyman00(m): 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2012
We dont know who is lying between JTF and Zanna. At 6.42 a.m this morning(20/10/2012) on BBC Hausa service Zanna admitted JTF raided his house but denied that Bama was arrested their. He admitted some people living in his house were led away by JTF and they got information from one of them which led to the arrest of Bama but not in his house. He also denied links with boko haram activities but admitted Bama is a relation.
One thing is clear, though, BH members are mainly sons and maybe daughters of Borno. But late Mohammed Yusuf was able to reach out to the youth in north east & north west through his radical speeches and sermons in the 8 years boko haram operated peacefully and openly (2001 to 2009). ALL leading politicians in Borno, both ANPP and PDP,courted boko haram because of its large following especially among the poverty stricken, uneducated youth. The BH violence only started in 2009 when they fell out with ex-gov Sheriff, who used police to arrest and kill them thus pushing BH to resort to arming themselves to confront the state. So no one should be surprised about the alleged link of two senators to BH. All politicians in Borno hav links with them at one time though boko haram is now out of control of any politician. God save us, for politicians across the country do support armed groups which are called by different names like "youth movement", "body guards","thugs", "youth caucus", this or that front, vanguard, the boys, area boys, etc.

rubbish!!
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by onatisi(m): 7:47pm On Oct 20, 2012
cristog120:

listen to yourself again.can you risk such if you were the one? using your house to trap a terrorist group member and you still see your life and that of your family safe? you must be his brother, friend or even a boko haram member as well.
but has their been any official confirmation of who the senator is ?i dont trust all these online news,
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by onyekabe(m): 7:54pm On Oct 20, 2012
[quote author=ndu_chucks]You people need to be cautioned about inadvertently throwing you rights to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, out of the window because of your desire for sensationalism. This is the only confirmation we have from JTF:

Security forces in Maiduguri said they have made a huge haul in their campaign against the Boko Haram sect, arresting a top sect leader, Shuaibu Mohammed Bama, and linking him to a serving senator’s house along Damboa Road, GRA Maiduguri.

Shuaibu was linked to the senator's house. This is a far cry from the senator hiding Shuaibu in his house!! We just don't have enough facts to state that this senator is guilty of anything.

If there is any kind of link between Senator Ahmed and Shuaibu, why has Ahmed not yet been arrested? We don't even know what proof the authorities have linking Shuaibu to Boko Haram.[/quote for people like you colo haram do not exist thats why you always find way to defend them
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by kennyeast(m): 8:11pm On Oct 20, 2012
Where are those sentimental f*uls who said Buhari was sponsoring Boko haram?
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by bankyblue(m): 8:37pm On Oct 20, 2012
Both him and the senator should be shot on the head, and their body
Giving to the dog and vulture bird to feed on
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by Demdem(m): 8:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
Not news anymore that the cohort is a killer member.
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by Johnnoo(m): 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2012
Until we have credible leaders, these are the set of stories we would be hearing...

1 Like

Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by samally: 10:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
alright, prove it if buhari is not involve....Blah Blah
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by Ichala(m): 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2012
[quote Can they really stop them from d assembly complex? K, letz c hw it'll go. author=egbeman1]E*X*P*O*S*E*D!
The Senator Hiding the Wanted Boko Haram Commander.

Mr Shuaibu Mohammed Bama, the Kingpin of the Islamic Terror group, Boko Haram was Captured inside the House of Senator Ahmed Zanna Khalifa, representing Borno Central Senatorial District, along Damboa Road, GRA Maiduguri.

The decision to hide the Identity of Senator Ahmed Zanna is annoying an
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by ngooka: 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2012
Shameless senator, jtf should demolish the house and kill him after interrogation
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by mu2sa2: 10:52pm On Oct 20, 2012
ikeyman00:

rubbish!!
I deal with facts. Why not refute me with your own "facts". People like you find their way to the seat of power and allow simple issues to get out of control for selfish reasons.
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by chinkelly(m): 10:55pm On Oct 20, 2012
ndu_chucks: You people need to be cautioned about inadvertently throwing you rights to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, out of the window because of your desire for sensationalism. This is the only confirmation we have from JTF:

Security forces in Maiduguri said they have made a huge haul in their campaign against the Boko Haram sect, arresting a top sect leader, Shuaibu Mohammed Bama, and linking him to a serving senator’s house along Damboa Road, GRA Maiduguri.

Shuaibu was linked to the senator's house. This is a far cry from the senator hiding Shuaibu in his house!! We just don't have enough facts to state that this senator is guilty of anything.

If there is any kind of link between Senator Ahmed and Shuaibu, why has Ahmed not yet been arrested? We don't even know what proof the authorities have linking Shuaibu to Boko Haram.
Na so una take dey start cover up Oo. Una go use legal terms to tie sumtin wey dey clear. At d end criminals will walk free.
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by hubreality(m): 2:11am On Oct 21, 2012
seaktoks: "Yes"but please be specific,working for the pdp faction and not person like Buhari and other party leader.
Proof please!
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by UsamabinYamiri: 3:37am On Oct 21, 2012
Is this a country?
This is an open sore to all black humanity,
and any self-respecting black man!

I refuse to be a part of this charade!

Oh, There was a country!
The pride of Africa, murdered in sleep.
Nigeria has murdered sleep and will know no peace.
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by isaco(m): 6:18am On Oct 21, 2012
HQ: Wow, More details coming soon. . .if only they won't sweep this "under the carpet". undecided
one day their so called carpet will not contain it anymore. May God punish them.
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by JIMPAUL: 6:24am On Oct 21, 2012
This man should be hang to dealth
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by UsamabinYamiri: 6:45am On Oct 21, 2012
If you were an intelligence officer of a foreign country, and you read/know of the manner of criminality in Nigeria.
And you see that this criminality goes unpunished.
Next time you are at an airport and someone produces a green passport- What would you do?
Even if he claims he is a senator of the federal republic- I would thoroughly investigate and scrutinize him
because in doing so, I may interrupt a terrorist plot e.g Abdul Mutallab, Or Nigerian senator detained in SA for fake yellow fever documents.

These are many reasons why our Naija Passport has no worth.
(of course 419, drugs, prostitution, or our ambassador's son wey go disgrace us for yankee by getting involved in gang-rape in DC...the list is endless)

You might as well travel with the Red Cross Refugee passport, because showing a nigerian passport anywhere just confirms that
you are a worthless nigger.

I am ashamed that this man is a senator of our fatherland.
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by esteemedconcept: 7:39am On Oct 21, 2012
Gbawe: PDP. "Nest of killers". Surprise, suprise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Zanna

Wat d Bleep does PDP has to do wit dis? It is ur likes in the North who has sworn dat Nigeria will not be at Peace just because a Niger Deltan Became a President for d 1st time after 52yrs of independence.. And a lot of people can't even see dis.. ₪ø̲̣̣ part of Nigeria was born to rule, if you tink ur born to rule, go and rule ur village.. Nonsense
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by Gbawe: 8:11am On Oct 21, 2012
esteemedconcept:

Wat d Bleep does PDP has to do wit dis? It is ur likes in the North who has sworn dat Nigeria will not be at Peace just because a Niger Deltan Became a President for d 1st time after 52yrs of independence.. And a lot of people can't even see dis.. ₪ø̲̣̣ part of Nigeria was born to rule, if you tink ur born to rule, go and rule ur village.. Nonsense

This is the problem with some Nigerians. Totally over-emotional creatures driven by religious/ethnic/sectional bias. Rant about "born to rule" all you want but the Senator identified is indeed PDP. That makes this issue "to do" with the PDP. It has long been noted , home and abroad, that the PDP, throughout all of Nigeria, recruits the most murderous elements as members. This is why Wole Soyinka dubbed the Party " a nest of killers". He was not thinking of Northern/Muslim sponsors of terrorism alone when he made that statement even if folks like you cannot discern this because everything is about ethnicity and religion for you.

Whether the rift is about who should 'rule', empowering/enriching militants in the ND(Odili),deifying illiterate gangsters (Adedibu et al) in the SW or what projects should be carried out, one can always count on the PDP to have members ready to operate with the most murderous zeal in every region of Nigeria. If you don't discern this trend throughout Nigeria, then you are nothing but a religious/ethnic bigot.
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by Whiteguru: 9:19am On Oct 21, 2012
I have never expected less nigeria!
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by 1025: 9:56am On Oct 21, 2012
pdppppppppppppppp- power
pdppppppppppppppp- power to the terrorists
pdpppppppppppppp - power to the looters
God bless federal republic of looters.
criminals in power
until we kick pdp out of power, nothing will happen here.
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by onatisi(m): 10:11am On Oct 21, 2012
1025: pdppppppppppppppp- power
pdppppppppppppppp- power to the terrorists
pdpppppppppppppp - power to the looters
God bless federal republic of looters.
criminals in power
until we kick pdp out of power, nothing will happen here.
dream,dreams.
but let me ask you if you kick pdp out of power which party do you want there?acn abi?
so you think acn or other parties are better than pdp?
you dont understand nigeria at all ,whether u like it or not all politicians in nigeria are the same irrespective of any party dont believe in ur mind that there is one of them that has ur interest at heart.
and in the case of this senator ,all this stories are just mere speculations ,why dont u wait for an official confirmation,i have learnt some few lessons from these so called online news agencies .
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by Wadeoye(m): 10:33am On Oct 21, 2012
Tell me PDP leadership is not the mastermind of Boko Haram, killing and maiming people... Two senators of the same hopeless party have been linked to BK and yet nothing has been done to unmask the sponsors or deal with those linked with BK.

Some stupid Nigerians who think with their anus (If they think at all) will open their mouth and say Buhari should talk to Boko Haram.

When you vote for PDP, whether you do this for religious or ethnic reason, you vote for the destruction of your country and dont complain when the same party turns around to start bombing you. For sanity to come and for us to see the rot in the system, power should change hand - pdp should be shown the way out.
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by onatisi(m): 10:41am On Oct 21, 2012
Wadeoye: Tell me PDP leadership is not the mastermind of Boko Haram, killing and maiming people... Two senators of the same hopeless party have been linked to BK and yet nothing has been done to unmask the sponsors or deal with those linked with BK.

Some stupid Nigerians who think with their anus (If they think at all) will open their mouth and say Buhari should talk to Boko Haram.

When you vote for PDP, whether you do this for religious or ethnic reason, you vote for the destruction of your country and dont complain when the same party turns around to start bombing you. For sanity to come and for us to see the rot in the system, power should change hand - pdp should be shown the way out.
now that u want pdp out ,the question i am asking u is that which other party do u want to take their place ?
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by Gbawe: 10:44am On Oct 21, 2012
onatisi:
dream,dreams.
but let me ask you if you kick pdp out of power which party do you want there?acn abi?
so you think acn or other parties are better than pdp?
you dont understand nigeria at all ,whether u like it or not all politicians in nigeria are the same irrespective of any party dont believe in ur mind that there is one of them that has ur interest at heart.
and in the case of this senator ,all this stories are just mere speculations ,why dont u wait for an official confirmation,i have learnt some few lessons from these so called online news agencies .

I really don't understand why this so-called 'information age' seems to be bypassing Africans. Look, you can search for information in seconds that makes issues clear instead of touting the lazy 'stories are just mere speculations' defence.

The Senator in question has already admitted that this alleged "commander" of Boko Haram is his Sister's son!!! Every sensible person know that this is probable ground for viewing him with suspicion - especially when it is claimed the suspect was arrested on Damboa Road which is an elitist enclave his Senator Uncle resides in. I wonder why black folks don't simply read more to become as informed as possible in an age when the saying "information is power" is more true than ever.

As for your "all Politicians are the same" talk, I can only tell you to stop fooling yourself. For Nigeria, and for where we are, it is 100% about the "lesser devil" till evolution intervenes to give us the 'beautiful ones'. In that regard, the entire world, even beyond Nigeria, acknowledge the PDP to be a congregation of opportunists who believe in using terror and might, more than others, to get their way. You can pretend not to see this but many real example bear this out. Whether it is militancy, terrorism, thuggery and embedding gangster culture in politics, the PDP leads.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/senator-zanna-says-boko-haram-commander-not-arrested-his-home-admits-bama-nephew

Senator Zanna Says Boko Haram Commander Not Arrested In His Home; Admits Bama Is Nephew
Posted: October 20, 2012 - 15:55

Senator Khalifa Zanna
By SaharaReporters, New York
Senator Ahmed Khalifa Zanna of the Borno Central Senatorial District has denied that suspected Boko Haram top commander Mohammed Shuaibu Bama was arrested in his Damboa Road home, in Maiduguri’s GRA.

Speaking to newsmen in a telephone interview, Zanna confirmed that the suspect is his nephew, but asserted that there was nothing more than that. He said he was not harbouring Bama and that the suspect was not actually arrested in his home.

He challenged security agents, whom he accused of harassing and beating children in his house yesterday, to go and investigate the man’s relationship with the people in whose home he was arrested.

“They said they arrested the man in the house of a lawmaker in Damboa Road, and there is no any lawmaker in Damboa Road except me,” he said. “They did not arrest him in my house, they went to my house but did not find him, and instead they arrested children in my house and put them inside hot sun and started beating them. And they asked them whether they know Shuaibu Bama, and one of the boys answered yes. He then took them to where they arrest Shuaibu Bama.”

On his relationship with the suspect, he answered, “Shuaibu Bama is a son of my sister. But the lie is what they are saying that they arrested him in my house, which is lie. And we cannot hide or harbour a Boko Haram sect member. And since he was not arrested in my house, they should go and investigate his relationship with people they arrested him in their house. I don’t know anything about it and just heard yesterday.”

Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by Wadeoye(m): 10:48am On Oct 21, 2012
rafhell: One very clear fact is that every northern muslim is a potential terrorist.

You are an slowpoke if you don't know that politicians (pdp precisely of which the president is a xtian) are behind this. Jonathan has a lot of questions to answer with all these PDP guys being linked to BK. how many of the bk boys and the sponsors arrested have been prosecuted by this government? ndume, Kabiru Sokoto, etc. Key Boko guys are always arrested in either a PDP governor's or senator's house. Who is terrorizing who in Nigeria? This is not a religious way - it is a political war aimed at keeping this country in the hand of PDP. Use your head beforeitnis too late.
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by Wadeoye(m): 10:59am On Oct 21, 2012
onatisi:
now that u want pdp out ,the question i am asking u is that which other party do u want to take their place ?
Use your head - any party can come in. This is what makes democracy work, not this one party ruling you forever. When you lock yourself in, you will never know the truth and the evil the people in government commit. I tell you, even a military system will be better than one political party ruling the country forever. When we are educated and civilized enough to change people and party at the center, politicians will sit up and begin to see governance from the perspective of service to the people - not a money or merry making venture.
Re: The Senator Hiding The Wanted Boko Haram Commander. (Premium Times Report) by Gbawe: 11:04am On Oct 21, 2012
Wadeoye:

You are an slowpoke if you don't know that politicians (pdp precisely of which the president is a xtian) are behind this. Jonathan has a lot of questions to answer with all these PDP guys being linked to BK. how many of the bk boys and the sponsors arrested have been prosecuted by this government? ndume, Kabiru Sokoto, etc. Key Boko guys are always arrested in either a PDP governor's or senator's house. Who is terrorizing who in Nigeria? This is not a religious way - it is a political war aimed at keeping this country in the hand of PDP. Use your head beforeitnis too late.

Thank you !!!! Even non-Nigerians ( the USA precisely) have identified what the PDP is. The most cruel, most murderous military dictators and 'Uniformed' men (IBB, OBJ, Danjuma, Anenih et al) are members of the PDP. Their brutal legacy, revolving around utilising the concept of "might is right", as a tool of control, is still alive and thriving today. Wherever the PDP exists, you will also see a readiness to scorn technocrats, decent, moderate and upright men in preference for engaging and utilising the most murderous,most thuggish and most feared in the land.

No one is saying other Parties are full of saints. Rather, it is the PDP that has no qualms visiting death, destruction and mayhem on Nigerians. This is because, in the first instance, the Party deliberately set out to recruit the most evil in the land capable of cowering others to maintain advantages that facilitates efforts to corner the Nation's wealth for a few.

This is what is now haunting the PDP where one arm won't let another work or know peace. Did Odili too not turn to militancy, murder and mayhem when it suited his political agenda? Look at even the President. He has the chance to 'rebuild' the SS using the most talented, most upright and most intelligent. Instead he is empowering militants and those who only understand the concept of using violence and death to get their ways !!!

What then leads this foolish desire of some to now talk as if every Northerner is a terrorist rather than for them, given all the real examples we have, to recognise the truth of how it is the PDP that deliberately recruits the most evil and most murderous in the land from all regions?

It is only tragic that non-Nigerian policy analysts and observers have displayed far more knowledge and depth of perception as per what is really going on in our Nation than many Nigerians who remain too sentimental, plus divided and conquered, to understand that the PDP is essentially a civilian continuation of the evil mindset of the brutes who were in our military/armed forces and have simply changed their 'toga' from uniform and boots to Abgada and fine Italian loafers to maintain their control of Nigeria's commonwealth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode & Oba Akiolu At The Lagos Central Mosque For Special Thanksgiving Jumat / Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan / ''''President Buhari May Leave For Checkup If There Is Need" - Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.